Writing anything other than small scripts in Python

>writing anything other than small scripts in Python

Seriously can we fucking stop this meme?
Dynamic typing for larger projects should be a crime against humanity and it just keeps getting worse with all these webscale fags jerking off to JavaScript and .
Python is a scripting language for automating menial shit tasks and it does that well because it's quick and easy to write and no one cares about the shit performance when the only thing it does is rename some folders in your shitty POSIX system that you jerk off to on Cred Forums.
If you write large enterprise software in Python, kys immediately.

inb4 dumb frog poster

when performance matters use C
otherwise use python

fuck off pajeet with your java "enterprise" shit

Yeah enjoy using a library in a dynamically typed language.

I actually agree.

I like Python for what it is, though.

I do to, it just makes me mad when people write yuge systems using it.

There's a reason Java is the go to in an overwhelming amount of the industry. How about you stop fucking living in the 72-80s, wanking at your altar to kernighan and rithcie, and realise that hey, there must be SOME REASON as to why were're developing all these systems in Java. Tired of these cancercous conservative C-purists that deny the reality infront of them in order to cling onto their ideal programming culture

>SOME REASON

The reason is even pahjeets and retards who never should've done CS can contribute to Java projects without ruining everything.

They're not C purists if they use python

"oh no filthy normies are defiling my pure field of CS" God forbid we facilitate the flow of more people into CS in a world where technology is increasingly integrated into our everyday lives

Dropbox begs to differ.

Hm I wonder why...

Pic related.

THIS
HIST
ISTH
STHI

Also, OOP.

At my company, we use python almost exclusively.

If you're so sure of your opinions, why aren't you telling that to the actual industry instead of a mongolian motion pictures imageboard?

Because it's bait, that's why.

>implying "the industry" would give a shit

>I don't even know what I'm talking about but I'm a sheep so no worry
KYS NORMIE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They're migrating to Go though right now, precisely because of how shit Python is in large code bases.

>im a scared retard who fails math but i want to be le programmer when i grow up XD

Enjoy making $35k, 27k after taxes

Isn't that like replacing the plague with cholera?

>Go is shit because I don't want error handling in my small shitty hobby projects

This meme...

>implying Go isn't the C of our time

About 95% of languages have absolutely no reason to exist.

Half are from fads that have fallen out of favour and the other half are to cover for people who aren't being taught logic flow at school.

Pajeets and retards can't code no matter the language. Enterprise level projects are in Java, performance demanding projects are in C. Easy peezy.

I just yesterday read through the wikipedia articles for ALGOL and COBOL. It's not even just languages, it's dialects two. Who the FUCK needs 200 dialects of a language?

>implying Rust isn't the C of our time

Enterprises use a lot of basic

python is glue to C

>tfw you will never get to write basic again

>Dynamic typing for larger projects should be a crime against humanity and it just keeps getting worse with all these webscale fags jerking off to JavaScript and .
>Python is a scripting language for automating menial shit tasks and it does that well because it's quick and easy to write and no one cares about the shit performance when the only thing it does is rename some folders in your shitty POSIX system that you jerk off to on Cred Forums.
>If you write large enterprise software in Python, kys immediately.
/thread

Nice lack of argument.