Other urls found in this thread:

dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-N66U_B1/FW_RT_N66U_30043803831.ZIP
youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

learn how to configure a network, retard

What buttons do I push

Please don't tell me you bought an ancient WRT54GL

>recommended in sticky

Uhhh? What recommendation would that be senpai? The stick links to the wiki and logical increments. I dont think either of those recommend routers...

how fucking retarded do you have to be to buy something based on what Cred Forums says? do you also trust this board for its opinions on programming languages?

go read reviews from people that have used more than half a dozen in the last year. crowdsourcing reviews like on Cred Forums is pointless; only the most incompetent consumers will ultimately own more than 2 or 3 routers in the span of as many years, so nobody here should ever be sufficiently informed to give you any guidance.

you deserve a shitty router.

i bought 2
fuck you

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>using a router that makes you have to manually configure shit

You should just be able to plug it in and have it work.

the trigger

Cred Forums has never steered me wrong
you just have to know how to read through the ruses and wrong opinions

ASUS RT-N66U

I have one and it's amazing. You seem to be the problem.

Nigga I literally didn't do anything to it other than setup the ssid and password & disable WPS

I did the same and it works perfectly.

this is basically not trusting what people say. you're saying that you hear brands and models on Cred Forums and then you go read reviews elsewhere. that's fine. that's what everyone should do. retards like OP who go and buy shit without looking off-site deserve everything that happens to them.

I'll just kill myself then

Sounds like you got a defective unit or you're just retarded.

I dont even know whats on those links in the 4 years old sticky but I dont think we didnt recommend you shit there

Alternatively, update your firmware to the latest version: dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-N66U_B1/FW_RT_N66U_30043803831.ZIP

The wiki's in the sticky are created by some fucking autist and doesn't portray Cred Forums.

Nobody would recommend a wrt router.

Its probably sitting to far away and through several walls.

I'm already on that.

Gonna take it back and get another and see if mine is just fucked

He said he gets 12mb/s on ethernet though.

What computer are you using. If it's a shitty laptop or similar you probably just have shit network cards.

> ASUS RT-N66U

Its bit ancient (2012..) but still the perf should be way above your numbers. Pic related.

then how about you change the channel, because you know, other people might have theirs on the same frequency and it shits itself

A raspberry pi, I've seen people on forums post about getting 150Mb/s
Tried that, but it didn't change anything

>A raspberry pi, I've seen people on forums post about getting 150Mb/s
I should specify, getting that with a pi on wifi

And how far away is that pi? What's the signal strenght? Where do you save the data?

No you haven't, you've heard about about 150 megaBITS per second. Not 150MB/s. 150mbps is about 18 MB/S.

I also highly doubt they're getting that kind of speed on a Pi through WiFi, unless they are using 802.11ac.

About 10M
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.462 GHz Access Point: snip
Bit Rate=72.2 Mb/s Tx-Power=31 dBm
Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Power Management:on
Link Quality=70/70 Signal level=-37 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

External HDD, that isnt the issue though on the 13MB/s was using it
retard

You call me the retard yet you aren't even using the 5Ghz band. No wonder you're not getting full speed. 72mbps on 2.4 is not bad though, what the fuck are you talking about? That's 9 MB/s, which on a Pi, unless it's a Pi 3 and you're expecting more, is not great but isn't bad either.

>Bit Rate=72.2 Mb/s
if you want 150Mb/s, and if your pi supports it, you have to enable 40MHz channel width

Just look online, I am reading dozens of threads of people saying don't expect more than 50Mb/s on wifi with a raspi.

I'm gonna have to agree, on my original Pi I got ~45mbps on 802.11n. It's out in the garage serving as a media center for when I'm working out there, but it's unplugged so I can't run a live test.

it is a pi 3

ty bb I didn't even know the pi supported 5GHz

40Mhz isn't 5ghz, it's a Wireless-N channel width.

also yes you're clearly retarded.

That's the max speed supported, not the actual bitrate I'm getting

I meant 802.11n with 40MHz channels, it's still 2.4GHz, but goes faster.

And pi3 doesn't go any faster than 72.2 Mb/s, at least using built-in wifi.

I'd be very happy if I got 72Mb/s, right now I'm getting >10

How about you test this shit with a regular PC then? Would've been my first choice to try over a POS raspberry pi, if it's still slow, and you aren't in a wifi-polluted area, your router is defective. End of story.

Dude those routers were kings back in 2005. Now their hardware is more shit than a 5$ router at local store.

prepare a big file and curl it to /dev/null to check wireless speed
I tried that using wired and I get about 11.1MB/s and that seems ok considering the fact that pi has only 100Mb/s ethernet

>get some ten year old airport
>gigabit in on ethernet
>500 Mb/s on wifi
>even 5 GHz
>runs BSD and not some chinese unix knock off

A decade ago the fastest wifi standard was 802.11g, 802.11n didn't release until 2009.

802.11g maxes at 54mbps. So no you werent getting 500mbps on wifi with a ten year old router. I dont care what firmware you were using.

>The AirPort Time Capsule was introduced at Macworld Conference & Expo on January 15, 2008 and released on February 29, 2008
>The first generation Time Capsule included a full AirPort Extreme Base Station with 802.11n wireless

I feel sorry for your autism.

That's not 10 years old. Plus, 802.11n cannot reach 500mbps. It has a theoretical maximum of 300.

You're actually autistic aren't you?

So not a decade ago...

also, it used 802.11n draft, not full 802.11n

How is it autistic when you claimed you're getting 500mbps and 802.11n is defined to reach much lower speeds than that? Are you sure you aren't?

>Listening to Cred Forums
>Ever
You did this to yourself.

I feel sorry for yours
>Apple AirPort Extreme network adapters can now top 140 Mbps of throughput in an ideal case

That's from the macworld review of the fucking thing, it doesn't get 500mbps anywhere but in your dreams.

>by some fucking autist and doesn't portray Cred Forums.
So then.. you?

>he doesn't have an Asus rta66r

Top kek. Half the shit in the sticky is garbage or chink shit you have to mod. Save yourself some time and spend a little more.

This with DDWRT.

someone post source for OP's webm, ty.

nvm i googled "tlc woman eats green" and im p sure i found it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

>buying the shit gear the chinks advertise in stickies and generals
topkek