How do you not use a case for your phone?

How do you not use a case for your phone?

>I'm not clumsy lol

That seems to be the biggest, horseshit of an argument most people give. I've known people to believe this and have came back to work with a shattered screen. Life happens. You blow $300 to almost $1,000 on a phone and you can't spend another $10 to protect it from hundreds of dollars worth of damages? It screams irresponsibility.

At least half of the people I see with an expensive, unprotected phone have cracked screens.

Really, who cares about how nice the phone looks? The nicest looking phones today are uncomfortable as fuck to hold anyway, causing even more broken phones. A case offers grip, comfort, and protection.

Please give me a good argument, Cred Forums. Don't half-ass it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oJQnbaNGCj0
support.apple.com/iphone/repair/screen-damage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm not clumsy lol

I get it too. Even if the phone is "durable" it's still going to scratch it and hurt resale value. Same logic goes for screen protectors, some people are just retarded

I'm not clumsy lol

my phone has insurance

And heat too, phones get warm, cases are more comfortable to hold because they're not getting your hand on fire

>phone insurance
why is this even a thing

>giving a shit about resale value
What are you? A poorfag iShit owner or something?

My Zenfone 5 is nearing 3 years old and it's still not cracked or shattered.

It's only protection is me not being a retard and a 9h tempered glass screen protector.

Resale value can shave an extra $200 possibly $300 on your next phone purchase even if it isn't a iPhone. You're also irresponsible with your money if you don't take advantage of that.

My phone overheats after some time of using it when in a case. Also only retards are capable of breaking their phones glass.

protip: dont spend more than $250 on a phone

>not being a retard
Sometimes people drop things. Sometimes these people aren't retards. It's comforting to know that no matter what happens, it probably won't break, other than the discomfort of knowing it will likely break if dropped at any height.

Is tempered glass worth it? I thought it was a meme

Fuck yes it is.

It costs $30 to get the screen replaced

It must suck to get all broken up over $30

Because I get them for free for work. i have 4 Galaxys right now

I'm almost 30 and I never dropped/broke a phone. Then again I don't treat my stuff like a nigger so maybe you could work on that.

>not intentionally breaking your screen for awesome homescreens

I'm a fan cases,but sometimes you need to replace the battery, phone heats up, or you need to replace a sim card. It's can be annoying to remove a otterbox on a iphone.

>otterbox
That's your problem. Get a $10 TPU case. Just as protective, unless you intend to drop it off a cliff or run it over.

They make thickened TPU cases for most phone models that will protect it from most drops anyways.

Notice the air gap in the four corners for added impact resistance.

Transparent cases look suave as fuck on my Galaxy S6.

I have to have case for this thing because it's way too slippery. Shit slides off every slightly unlevel surface its placed on.

the times i dropped my phone, a case would not have saved it anyway.

>people are willing to miss out on the feel of their beautiful hardware for years just to get $30 more out of it when they resell
>and they think their only sacrifice is the cost of the case

If you think cases are undeniably a good idea, then what do you think about shitty ugly car bras? They also sacrifice beauty just to prolong the appearance of something you'll never see.

I bought my phone so I could enjoy it. Not so that it would be in better condition for some eBayer in 2 years.

by the way none of what I said applies if you have some gross plastic curvy phone. Even OP's picture got it right, a smashed iPhone 5 feels great in your hands.

I'm pretty sure that when people drop things they feel like a retard.

There are people out there with excellent motor skills with good hand and movement coordination, perhaps that is too complex for you to comprehend.

Maybe you need to have your hand held throughout every stage in life like the other retards out there because you drop things.

Maybe you shouldn't continuing living either knowing discomfort of knowing you'll likely die someday.

Depends what phone you get. Mine was $59 and I could use it for 3 years easy.
I love it how you accuse somebody of being irresponsible with money when you're one of the worst offenders, using resale value as an excuse to overspend on your next phone.

I had my iPhone 5 since 2012 and never once used a case on it. Its still 100% new. Why should I?

i dont blow anything
especially 100s of dolalrs for an overpriced, watered down computer

phone cucks are the worst culture ever. ive never dropped my technology even once. not being clumsy IS an argument. TAKE CARE OF YOUR SHIT (emphasis on """"""shit""""")

>I had my iPhone 5 since 2012 and never once used a case on it. Its still 100% new.
I highly doubt it, the iPhone 5 was well known for Scuffgate.

>too poor to afford good phones
>thinks all phones are shit

I'm not clumsy lol

I dont care if you doubt it m8. That is the truth.

Best money I ever spent tbqh

I'm not a clumsy oaf. I've never dropped a phone in my life.

kys

Ive seen a guy lose his fancy expensive phone out of his top pocket into the ocean. I couldnt help but feel a little bit smug
To his credit he didnt make a fuss about it though.

Flagship phones are more powerful than laptops these days with cameras on par with low end DSLRs and screens that even high end TVs have to struggle to match.

Stay luddite nigger.

I love the way my Galaxy S6 feels in my hand. The way it almost slips out of my hand if I don't hold it with absolute firmness, the sharp as fuck bezels that could cut paper, the fact my palm always touches the screen because of how thin the thing is.

No you faggot.

I bought my S6 because the screen is phenomenal, the specs are phenomenal, and its a joy using the phone. I'm not about to tote the fucker around when its made out of literal glass and not designed for humans to actually hold.

1. i'm not clumsy - i've never dropped a phone in my life lol
2. cases make phone overheat, awfully thick and are just for autists and normies
3. i'd just buy a new phone, additional 500 bux are like nothing, plus i'd get an upgrade so it's better to NOT have a case

1. not much drop protection really
2. skins already protect against scratches from sand in pockets if that's a problem for you
3. bulky
4. ugly

>You blow $300 to almost $1,000 on a phone and
lol no i do not.

>cases make phone overheat
I've never had this happen. Even hour long Hangouts video calls outside in 95 degree weather doesn't overheat my phone in the case. Get a better phone?

>I highly doubt it, the iPhone 5 was well known for Scuffgate.
that was just slate black. other colors were fine and stayed.

video is hw-accelerate and not that power-intense. try gaming for 1h instead.

I'm pretty clumsy lol but I don't buy phones that shatter into a million pieces when you blink too hard.

>smartphone gaming
top lel

if only he ha a case

I bought the S5 active for that exact reason. The only thing I have on it is a glass screen protector which absorbs the impact. When it shatters I swap it out

Currently using one of the first Droid Razr smartphones never put in a protective case or anything, aside from some barely visible scratches it's 100% perfect condition

Protip, kill yourself

if only he had a floating waterproof case
that thing is sleeping with the fishes, he was bending over the end of a pier while fishing and it came out

nothing else will really use all that cpu/gpu power inside your phone

screen protectors protect against scratches from sand and don't offer any drop protection.
you need a bumper case which will hinder your screen connecting with the concrete in the first place.

>comparing one watered down computer to another watered down computer

great job, youre retarded

whats your problem bro

>my phone was only $60
>plus the other $500 that was added to my monthly payments to pay for the phone lol

>You blow $300 to almost $1,000 on a phone and you can't spend another $10 to protect it from hundreds of dollars worth of damages?
Except Apple wants $29 for a new screen.
>At least half of the people I see with an expensive, unprotected phone have cracked screens.
bs

>Spending over $200 on a phone

That's the problem, for $150 you get 1080p display, 32 gb storage, 3gb ram, good camera etc

If the screen breaks just throw it away and get a new one unless it's brand new (obviously be careful with it though)

You sound triggered as fuck, OP. Did you just drop and break your phone? My old iPhone 5S is so pristine its hard to convey, never cased. My phone is either in my hand, pocket by itself, table top or on the dock. It doesn't even have a micro-abrasion anywhere other than a thinner-than-hair little scuff on the edge of the chamfer in the top corner. I'm surprised it doesn't have more because its been placed and moved around on tables a lot while I'm out Apart from that hard to see top corner thing it is literally pristine. I don't even sell my old devices.

I have an SE now, so my 5S is just retired on the desk looking pretty with its perfect chamfer.

>My phone is either in my hand, pocket by itself, table top or on the dock.
so you never go out and get drunk.
i feel sad for you.

Shots fired at mobile share plans

it shatters to absorb the shock from impact

I do and my phone stays either in my hand or in my pocket

>not spending $700 for a 750p retina (tm) display

Catch up gramps, it's 2016

except to keep your grandfathered plan with unlimited data you have outright buy your new phone now

>no taste in hardware design
>no regrets covering phone with $1 worth of rubber

HTC paid dozens of intelligent designers and engineers to make a beautiful, durable, premium piece of technology for me to hold.

Why on earth would I slap an ugly rubber case on it?

>I'm not clumsy

I am. I drop it occasionally, and the worst thing that happens is a few nicks in the aluminum on the corners. Never cracked a screen because I don't buy shitty iPhones.

You ask me why I don't use a case. I ask you why I should?

My phone's not a fragile piece of shit. I've tossed it across the room before just to demonstrate I can. Not to mention I'm not a fucking klutz.

>so you never go out and get drunk
>lol bro how come you don't consume so much alcohol that you don't enter a state of near unconsciousness lacking 99% of your motor skills while outside at night then struggle to get home only to forget everything that happened which is incredibly retarded

I'm not a teenager anymore. I've probably had more fun than you, you silly twink. Central London is guaranteed better than where you are. I'm in tonight due to a massive fucking cold. My nose and eyes are just dripping all kinds of tears and mucus and shit.

You are right OP. But this is Cred Forums where everyone is an infallible superhuman. I bet people here don't even have insurance because that is for retards too. Not even health insurance because only genetically weak people get sick right?

I get cases for every phone I buy. Without it it just feels naked. Also it's nice to know that if I drop it nothing will happen.

it shatters on the smallest impact to give you a false impression that it would help. except your actual screen wouldn't shatter from such a small impact.

> I've known people to believe this and have came back to work with a shattered screen.
> being employed

Recently replaced my almost 4 year old gnex whose only issue is screen diacoloration. No case.

It's called being not clumsy.

spoken like a real chav

you are calling a lot of ppl clumsy

And he has every right to, you clumsy fuck.

Look at the order of the countries and then wonder who on this board full of racists you are going to convince that broken phones aren't clumsy idiots

>Replaced my nearly 3 years old $120 Huawei a month ago for a $130 Xiaomi
>Never used a case for the Huawei, it died because the micro usb port become unusable
>Couple of scratches on the back, nothing you can appreciate on the screen
Would I sacrifice almost 3 years of a good looking and feeling phone on my hand so the day I stop using it I can take off the case and it look like new? whats the point?
And in the case my new phone breaks I will jsut get another just as cheap, not being a retard that wastes 1000 bucks on a device just so he has to walk with the hand on his pocket all day and buy dumb cases feels good.

If I use a case, my phone gets thicker. I used to use a case, but now I only rock a screenpotector. So nice and slim, I can never use a case again

I don't know, when I work on ladders every day and its falled down 10 feet or more several times, I'd say its working

I'm not clumsy. I've had this phone for two years now. Never used a case, never dropped it. It's been with me on three trips around the country and through the past two years of college, and I've had not a single issue.

It's your own damn problem if you're too incapable of taking care of your valuables; I haven't had that problem so far.

obv couch potatoes like fat ppl in the US won't have as many opportunities to drop their phones as Indians with an active lifestyle.
anyway 34% is still a lot.

Fell user, fell.

iPhone 7 prolly survives that naked as well:
youtube.com/watch?v=oJQnbaNGCj0

>going for cheap phones due to fear of dropping it
>Apple wants exorbitant $29 for a screen replacement
how fucking poor are you?

>having a phone with a screen that can crack
>not having a Droid
Hello poor fags.

what's a good phone that doesn't require a case

as in cheap enough to note care if it breaks and durable enough not to shatter on the first drop

I'm sorry, can you point me to the phone with the polycarbonate screen or is every phone made of glass capable of shattering with enough force?

like 800 dollars less poor as if I had a pretty apple logo on my phone, I don't go cheap for fear of dropping it, I go cheap because I'm not stupid/female/gay/a consumerist whore.
Also good job looking retarded son.

>he doesn't know about the Droid Turbo 2 or Droid Z
Wew lad

How do you drop your phone? It goes from your pocket to hand and vice versa. You can't contain your autism for those 2 seconds?

>Also good job looking retarded son.
except you are the one falling for google FUD
support.apple.com/iphone/repair/screen-damage

Yes.. buy more overpriced accessories

Finally, I knew I wasnt the only one.
Stay cucked, phone losers.

I've dropped my iphone over 50 times now and not broken it

Like I see so many cracked iPhones around and i seriously wonder how retarded you have to be to crack it

>Paying an insurance for your phone
Good job looking EVEN retarder, go on, you can do it even better!

>not getting phone insurance
It costs about as much as some bulky ass otterbox case but it means you never need a case
3rd party is cheaper than applecare though so fuck that shit

Sometimes your phone is on a table. Clumsiness is not something you can really control you know?

You were just lucky (or probably just lying). How retarded are you that you don't realize that there are factors like the height you drop it from, the way it lands and the solidity of the ground it lands on?

considering the iPhones resale value, you are hardly losing any money.
you can resell it after 2 years for $200 less, so actual cost of ownership is only $100/year with a $800 bond.

>Animeposter
>Starposter
SHUT THE FUCK UP
YOU THINK PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND THINK YOUR FUNNY BUT GUESS WHAT......

THEY DONT!!!

You okay bro?

idk try being careful with your phone when youre in a dangerous place lol haha :^)

STOP!!!!!!PLEASE!

I'm guessing you retards also don't wear seatbelts because you'll never crash right?

My phone is a nokia.

>A case costs 130 bucks
Yay! good job! Man I don't think you can look EVEN MORE retarded but go ahead and try if you want!
Still a hell of an inversion for a phone that would do the same basic shit as every other

shit nigger, you've never made a typo before?

Yeah, I'm non-native so I write dumb shit here all the time and I appreciate when anons correct me.

If this car was black this would look great

squaretrade accident protection warranty is $60, otterbox case is 80

Knockoff OtterBox is 20.

See, I am thinking about getting one of these (I'm getting a smokey transparent one because smudges suck) but my phone is just barely big enough for me to hold it and type on it with one hand using Google Keyboard. If I get the 2mm case that i'm looking at, I'm afraid I won't be able to type with one hand anymore and that would suck. I could get a thinner case but if I drop it, it might not be enough.

I just dunno what ta du, Cred Forums

please show us the same scientific proof about the efficiency of cases that exist for seat-belts.

Get the thin case, as long as its not made of that super cheap chink rubber/plastic (you know which one) it should be fine

>phone slips out of hand
>time fucking slows down as you catch it mid air

Who else has done it at least once?

I haven't been using a case on my s5 for 2 years and it's screen is still perfect. It has no serious damage despite the fact that I used to drop it a lot

I don't think it's cheap, it's a tuari TPU case (which I assume means it's not super chink generic)
It would be the difference of 1.33mm vs 2mm across the back. It's a 50% difference, but if the thinner case also ends up ruining my gripping then I'll be pissed anyway, but returning it won't be worth the shipping cost.

In short, being poor sucks.

>my phone is as valuable as my life
poor or retarded?

>not having family members who work for cellphone carriers

I got a great deal on a plan plus a fully paid 600 dollar payed phone for free.

u see n(WE ARE ALL ONE BEAUTIFUL RACE, AND THAT RACE IS CALLED HUMAN)igga the seatbelt is free and doesn't interfere with you using the car in any way and the case is a waste of fucking money

>especially 100s of dolalrs for an overpriced, watered down computer
400 dollar chink phone is really an all around better device than a laptop of the same price in every way

And as I said, you didn't spend more than $250 on a phone, you spent $0, you're welcome for the protip

Outright you dumbfuck.

I'm glad I spent $10 on a plastic case because I've dropped my 2013 moto g so many times it must not be very "smart" anymore lmao.

>I'm clumsy :(

>in line at the grocery store with phone in hand
>reach for my pocket
>accidentally knock phone out of hand with other hand
>fumble it around for about 4 seconds before knocking it onto the conveyor belt
>crisis averted

I have it in an otterbox case anyway but I haven't dropped it yet to test it

I'm not clumsy :)

Had my phone for 2 years with no case and no issues

I'm not clumsy lol!

My S3 from 2013 is still fine and I'm carrying it in a leather pouch which I take it out of when I use it and then put it back right after. I'm not clumsy lol

I don't like the cases to be honest. I use pouch thingies for protection because they provide acceptable protection against drops and provide remarkable protection against friction in my pocket. I don't buy large phones that are uncomfortable to hold or easier to drop and mess up. I don't really understand the point of phones larger than say Nexus 5X.

Having to take it off doesn't bother me because I don't feel the need to look at my phone every 10 seconds.

Because phones gets stolen, break, get lost, and die, and because you don't want to shell out the full price for a phone every time something happens

Fucking awesome

Doesn't feel like a fucking piece of plastic over your screen, smooth as fuck, doesn't mess with sensitivity, and I carry my phone in my pocket with change and keys and never once scratched it

>friction in my pocket
????

>protip: dont spend more than $250 on a phone

I spent $80 on my phone motherfucker, all the cases looked like shit. Im a clumsy motherfucker, but I didnt overpay for a phone with a screen weaker than Cred Forumss pickup game. with multiple drops even face down i have yet to get a single scratch on it.

>typical iPhone user

the one calling him a retard is also on an iphone tho

Mine came with a case when I bought it.

> Poos in loos are more prone to break their shit
Do they drop them a lot while shitting in the streets?

Had a moto g first gen for two years. Dropped it multiple times including a couple falls from over a meter but the screen never broke. The plastic in the corners was a bit scrapped and dented but the screen was fine. When I bought a moto g 3 I gave the 1st gen to my girlfriend and she broke the screen within a week.
I have no fucking clue how these people do it.

yea dude just burn your money on fire xd

I've owned 2 cellphones in 9 years. I'm not clumsy

Do you also bubble wrap your car?

I've had my 5s since 2013, screen and casing is perfect.

most people drop phones because they are fumbling with it while walking around (taking pictures, texting, etc) or because it falls out of a pocket (hoodie pockets especially)

being a grown up i don't walk around livetweeting and i don't wear hoodies and i'm not clumsy lol

Small scratches that add up over time that make the phone look terrible, I hate those. I think Samsung phones get the worse scratches. When they're new, they look shiny and nice but in time they turn really trash looking if you don't take precautions against pocket friction.

that's mostly from being in the same pocket as your other stuff or being put on a rough surface
also
>buying glossy plastic samshit
>buying glossy plastic anything

The fusion case is the best fitting one on my note 7 but o lyrics comes in that finger print magnet clear. Wish it come in a soild matte color.

I have a device that is designed to be rugged from the ground up and IP68 rated so, I really don't require a case as the body of the device already has rubberized bumpers on the corners and is remarkably damage resistant along with a shatter-resistant display.

If I drop my phone the worst that happens is I'm out ~$160, if I crash I could lose my life. What a retarded argument.

meanwhile

because retards like keep breaking their fucking screens and dropping their phones in the fucking toilet

I don't buy Samsung, but they definitely become terrible looking over time.

Exactly, this is what I meant. But some people like it this way I guess.

The iphone 5s or anything made of matte plastic won't get those to any significant extent if that matters to you

more like

>laying on my back in bed
>drop phone on on my face like a spastic
>phone collides with my nose at 200km/h

>How do you not use a case for your phone?

I like rubbery bumper-type cases. Mostly because they give better grip when I have the phone plugged in and laying on my nightstand. They'll also give a bit of cushion for an edge impact, and keep the screen off surfaces.

I've never, ever broken a phone screen. Actually, I did break the screen on a Nokia 6100 series, but that's because I was test-riding a motorcycle and set the phone on the guy's truck bumper. While I was out, he lowered the tailgate to sit on it and cracked the LCD screen. Good times.

I managed to lightly scratch the screen of the shitty Lumia 640 I had for awhile. I fumbled, dropped it getting out of my truck, and it slid down the road for awhile. The case was hard plastic, so nothing high-friction to stop the phone from sliding.

The phone slips out of my hand without the case. I do like working with my phone out of the case when I'm doing something classy. But if it's T-shirt and jeans day I'm gonna use the case. Generally find the case has saved me a lot of damage to the device. Camping. Biking. Gym. I've dropped it. It's worth the added bulk.

When will we get a nice glass screen which doesn't crack AND is scratch-resistant? We're almost in 2017 for fucks sake, this shouldn't be that hard to achieve.

The only time I've managed to break a phone display was when I accidentally threw a golf club at it from across the room, and I don't think a case would have prevented the damage.

> Breaking the laws of physics is not that difficult gosh!

Genuinely stupid argument.

There is no amount of protection that will save your car from being disfigured in a crash.

A $10 TPU phone case can, and will, save your phone from nearly all types of accidental drops, which accounts for nearly all phone damages.

Admittedly I do like the way phones look when they're roughed up a bit, but when the screen starts showing clearly visible scratches, cracks, and chipping, that shit is annoying as fuck.

It is pretty amazing how some people can use their phone for 3+ years without a case and not have much visible wear to their screens, but most of these people are likely shut-ins that only pull their phones from their pockets to check the time.

Because being a meme is mutually exclusive with usefulness
/You/ are actually a fucking meme

Whats the point of even having the screen anymore? Why not just insert the newest iChip, Chip S7, or Chip 5X directly into your skull to display the screen in your eyes?

Why does this thread exist?

If you think you need a case you get one. If you think you will never drop your phone then don't get one. If you drop and break your phone you will probably get a case next time. What is there to discuss for more than 160 posts?

>being a grown up i don't walk around
All that needs to be read from your shitpost.

>Give me a good argument
Okay.
I'm not clumsy.
Moreover, I don't have an obsessive need to look at my phone every 5 minutes, so a vast majority of the time it is safely in my pocket. This factor alone makes me 90% less likely to break my shit.

I've had my Zenfone 2 for a year and a half at least, and it has never been dropped a total of once in that time, on a carpet. Not a ding on it.

I'm sorry you can't put your phone down long enough to not drop it and therefore need a case for your overpriced shit, but some of us take care of our things.

To the people saying they are not clumsy: do you have any kind of insurance?

dubs of truth

I have no argument other than personal experience. I generally agree with what you say, it would absolutely be for the best if more people started using cases but I personally detest how a phone feels with one on no matter how thin it is or what material it's made out of, at this point it seems more like it's less preference and more so some form of OCD or other mental delusion that I just can't seem to shatter. I've literally NEVER damaged a device by dropping it, maybe I'd start using a case if I did damage something by accident but I just don't see it happening given that I'm pretty busy throughout most days and only pull out my phone if I absolutely need to divert my attention to it and thus never walk around with it in my hand for no reason.

Without mentioning dumbphones and other older devices, I've owned a first gen iPhone, iPhone 3GS, Galaxy Nexus, 2013 Moto X, OnePlus X, and most recently a Moto Z Force Droid. Never used a case for any of them, either. Not a single one has had so much as a crack on its screen or a chip on its body. I'm not even particularly careful with them, there hasn't been a single point within the last 10 or so years where I couldn't afford to simply replace a broken device and yet I've never managed to damage one in any serious capacity. Maybe I'm jinxing myself right now which would suck given that I very recently shelled out almost a grand on a new device but I'm really not that worried about it.

I guess it helps that my manual dexterity is far, far greater than the average person. I can consistently score >160 wpm on typing tests and I've been classically trained on piano for a little over seventeen years and cello and guitar for ten and six respectively.

I guess what I'm trying to say is >git gud

>hold a Galaxy S7 Edge for the first time
How do you not DROP this thing? Who the fuck thought these sharp ass edges was a good idea?

No. If I drop it I'll just buy another.

You don't use your phone very often, do you?

In the sense that you need to use it walking to and from places, needing to keep in contact with people throughout the day. As in, you have no social life and just use it while you're sitting down consuming media. It's alright, though. You're not a minority around here.

the secret to not dropping it while walking is to look up from the screen every 2 seconds or so

literally caseless and my phone is like 4 years old with no physical damage.

I'm not clumsy lol

Moto g4 plus, tempered glass screen protector but no case. The phone just feels really good without it, even though it's feels slippy, it feels too nice.

I always use cases on my iPhone to match my unique personality

my phone's screen isn't glass and it isn't a thin piece of shit designed for womens jeans

long term practicality over bullshit "feel"

>Social life
>texting nonstop

try socializing outside of the 16-20 age group and getting friends who aren't women/homosexuals

I have HTC, its like a tank.

yes, but remember, you get what you pay for

1) I'm not clumsy lol
2) I don't use a phone that shatters if I drop it from 10cm height onto a pillow

No, seriously. In all my years of using phones, I have never used cases, and have never broken a single one.
My Nexus 4 that I used from its released date in 2012 right up to January 2016 is in great condition. It has never seen a case or even a screen protector.
Similarly, the Desire Z I used before that is also in great condition. I used it for about two years, it also never saw a screen protector.
The same goes for every phone I've down before them.

Likewise, my current phone doesn't have as much as a screen protector, yet manages to be in pristine condition 10 months after I got it.

I'm 99% certain going caseless is for manlets or guys with girls hands.
I have huge hands and holding a phone without a big ass case is just uncomfortable af desu senpai.

It's all about knowing how to hold a phone

I use $100 Xiaomi and its glass is not shitty. Dropped it several times. If it breaks, well, I'll just get another.

I've dropped my flip phone dozens of times and the screen is still in perfect shape because it's protected by the frame.

inb4 granpa

>you don't drink yourself silly; I feel sad for you

Not even that guy, but what the fuck? Drinking alcohol isn't a good thing.

He's not saying to become an alcoholic, he's saying it's fun to get fucked up here and there.

I bought a used phone and I'm basically forced a case since it has a corner that's chipped a bit and it catches onto some of my clothes (it's very unpleasant). Thankfully, it's not a 4 euro silicone case, but a better one from a reputable brand.

my life: priceless
my phone: about 500 dollars, that is relatively nothing.
Actually, what the fuck were your comparison

I stopped using a case after the first year. Stopped using screen protectors soon after that. Not worth the inconvenience.

>all the feces in the little cracks in their cheapo androids

The mutant bacteria that will wipe out the human race is in the tiny crevice of a shattered Indian person's phone.

I had one of these on my black car for years and it sucked. There was more damage to the covered area (especially the front emblem) because little bits of dirt & grit got under the bra and stayed there (much like the back of any phone case).

When I took it off, it left a visible color difference from sun/weather, but the "protected" part still had a bunch of scratches. There's a reason why you never see these things anymore.

Also, having a black car is just frustrating in general. I'd never want to drive anything else, but all the memes about being impossible to keep clean and turning into an oven on a summer day are true.

I pick a phone that seems well made and looks like it can take a drop and is easily repaired, then put a glass screen protector on it and skin/stop caring about scratching and bumps on the body.

jokes on you i spent $150 on my phone

I still have my Iphone 4. I have multiple upgrade available on my account so if my phone breaks I can easily replace it without spending much money (or potentially any at all). I used an otter box on it for the first two years I had the phone, but after the otter box fell apart (the rubber outer layer became warped) I just couldn't be bothered to get another case.

>using my phone for 2 years right now
>not even a single scratch on the screen
I'm just not a clumsy normie retard and handle my stuff with care. I never broke a single piece of hardware.

>$200 copay if I replace phone
vs
>high probability of eating through a tube or death
Yeah pretty much the same tb h famalam

Note 4 Led flip wallet is the best thing ever.
Replaces the back cover, which is so much better than having some plastic shit corners around the phone to keep it in place.

Oh but I am, and a glass screen protector

Feels good

>pay for super slim phone that feels dense and expensive
>pay for big case that makes it fat and feel cheap

Might as well just get a cheap $50 phone, or better yet a flip phone.

Does that thing have a solar panel or something?

Fun fact: i've been in more car crashes than i've dropped my phone. Car crashes: 4, phones dropped: 0

I use a tempered screen protector and maybe a vinyl skin. Anything over that is overkill.

You're still supposed to wash under there you fucking troglodyte. God people are fucking dumb and lazy, no wonder you faggots love Win10.

>oh yeah, let me buy this $1000 flagship phone that designers spent their time on and shove it into some $5 piece of chink rubber and cover the screen with $1 foil

I don't get this logic

I buy windows phones that cost me like $30 to $40 depending on daily deals. I can go through 10 of them a year and still not even be close to a premium android or iphone handset. Spending over $10 on a screen protector for a such cheap phone is utterly retarded.

Because i'm not really used to having one really, the ones i had got shredded fast like my wallets.

One case i had for my Note 3 had this awesome wide angle lens on it, but the phone didn't feel right so i took it off.
The Note 3 ass was grippy as fuck, also comfy.

The case doesn't protect that much from impacts either, those flip wallet style cases had so many shattered screens you wouldn't believe.
And it shattered regardless when it was in the case.

User my Old Smartphone for 3 years, didnt Drop it even once and its perfectly intact.
No need for a case.

Never broke a screen on phone so there's that.

I feel bad for people that have to use cases.

I'm not clumsy lol!

>not investing in companies
filthy nouveau riche detected

>had this since release
>still using it
>still working fine
>worst impact is it being dropped from about 1.6m height onto hard floor, has happened 5-6 times
>no crack on screen, only a few nicks on frame and some not noticable unless if you focus on it scraches on screen

get a phone that isn't made to crack the moment you look at it oddly and make you throw out shekeles to buy replacements.
>I'm not clumsy lol

>moto g lte
>eats multiple 2m drops onto concrete
>get into the habit of dropping it on purpose because it freaks people out
>just gets a couple of scratches
>finally eats shit when bumped off a nightstand onto the corner of a metal box

go figure. my new cheap alcatel phone has already fallen from the top of a moving land rover and other places and has a scratch on one corner to show for it

instead of worrying it getting broken and using a shitty case, im using it as it was intended to, which is without a case. i have never broken a phone because of my own clumsiness and my current phone is 2 years old and it is in mint condition

if it happens to break, then well, shit happens sometimes but at least i get to enjoy my phone as it is

>reselling your phone
>not draining the absolute shit out of it
topkek

If people did that I would be out of a job.

Cred Forums users submitting evidence on why they are retarded, or at least unable to understand other points of view.

seen so many iPhones with smashed screens

I'd use my moto G without bumper cause it is so good to hold but I drop It like twice a day, sometimes on concrete or I just throw it where I want it to land so no lol, it would be broken in 2 hours

You should not worry about a phone breaking

>Use phone in bed
>Fall asleep
>Phone laying on the ground in the morning

This happens to me almost every single day and nothing has ever happened to it, case or without case

LG G3 is gr8

and btw you have to clean your phone more often when it's inside a case because it gets dirty in there and that's fucking disgusting
fucking minushumans

i sacrificed a 3.5mm jack just so that the phone could be slimmer and now you want me to use a bulky case? lol fuk off

I should probably get a case but I think my mulatto 5X looks better without one and more importantly, I haven't had the energy to look up one. Any good suggestions?

>Implying a case would help in any way

Just dont be clumsy lol

How the fuck do people crack their screens? I've cracked two screens. One was my Note 2 when I accidentally dropped my DT-880s on the screen and it hit the edge of the glass next to the button, causing a hairline crack. The other was when I got pissed off at my Note 3 and threw it at the floor of my car.
If you are cracking your screens so often that you NEED a case you're probably an slow. Improve your spatial co-ordination.

Best case brand coming through

P neat

>How the fuck do people crack their screens? I've cracked two screens.
user...

I have a case because it gives me a better grip of the phone and has a stand.

+10 reaction time

And yet they're only useful for fucking Facebook and Instagram. What a fucking waste of CPU cycles.

Been using my Galaxy S5 for 3 years now. Not even a scratch in the display.
I'm not clumsy, lol.

Absofuckinglutley.

I've had tempered glass on all my phones and dropped them thinking the screen would have shatter but the glass takes the brunt of the impact and cracks meaning it only costs $5 to replace. Tempered glass and maybe a tpu case is literally all you need.

>HTC10 in a TPU/Plastic case
It's like giving a tank a bumper protector

I use $20 phones that don't have cases unless I make one.
>buying new phones
kek

herrrrrrrrrr

animeposter dumbest poster

normies dont use cases because then people don't immediately know what phone it is or how trendy they are for shelling out $1k for the newest jewphone 7
anyone who doesnt upgrade every 6 months has a fucking case

I don't have autism lol

>anyone who doesnt upgrade every 6 months has a fucking case
Blatantly false. I don't have a case on my phone and I've had it for over a year and will probably have it for another few years.

I've only dropped my phone one or twice.

I won two Mountain Dew cases coming in the mail. Hopefully they fit as they only said smart phone case and only cases I've seen by them are for iPhones.

>You blow $300 to almost $1,000 on a phone and you can't spend another $10 to protect it from hundreds of dollars worth of damages? It screams irresponsibility.

Same could be said of people who spend so much on phones but only use them for texting and Facebook.

i have 2, my personal and work phone
on personal (redmi 2) i have a flip case
on work phone (lumia 625) i dont, because i got it used, it was already scratched and i dont care about it, it breaks i'll just get new phone

my phone is inexpensive and tough
no need for a case

One plus 3 using the neo hybrid case.

Its fine.

dont tell me how to live my life

I don't buy shitty glass back phones like the iPhone but phones that can actually take reasonable amounts of beatings.

FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!

Because if my display cracks I can just, you know, fix it myself.

>yes, but remember, you get what you pay for
Not with tempered glass. Any chink-brand that goes for $5-10 is fine. Don't fall for the $30 military grade tempered glass meme.

>Please give me a good argument, Cred Forums. Don't half-ass it.
Don't buy an iPhone or Samsung and your chances of a cracked screen drop dramatically.

/thread

I see more cracked screens on phones with a case

>>protip
What are you 10?

My Galaxy S3 fell out of my pocket and cracked the screen.
I couldn't be arsed getting it replaced, and I can't really justify getting a brand new phone.
So I picked up a 2nd hand iPhone 6.

I have literally no idea what I am doing with this shit.

How? By not having a case.

what are you a newfag?

Out of the dozen or so phones I have owned, only 1 broke when I dropped it with a case (Note 4, and only because it fell face down on a rock). Hell, I had a iPhone 4 fall out of my pocket and tumble down my apartment stairs once and it was fine.

I've always used cases for phones and they generally work well. Only thing I never do is screen protectors, since they feel like shit and I can never get them straight.

Did they have cases that protect the screen? I've only see ones that wrap around the phone. I guess a screen cover wouldn't render the phone useless if you can't touch it.

*would render

85% of the people I see outside have a case on their phones

>tfw the last glass back iPhone was half a decade ago

I thought iPhone cases usually have an opening to show the Apple logo

No case for moto z force with mod.

why don't they make the fucking phones metal and glass shatter proof, then we won't need the case meme?

Do you want to put case manufacturers out of business?

you are a shit driver

aesthetics > functionality

I've had an s5 sport for several years without a screen protector and a case, it doesn't have a single scratch or crack anywhere so
I'm not clumsy lol

Seatbelts are free.

I've tried every type of screen protector over the years. "self-healing" gummy shit, hard plastic cheapo ones, military grade ultra expensive, etc. Every one left me unsatisfied. Whether from feel. smears, that rainbow effect from oil, scratches or whatever.

Until I tried tempered glass. That shit is a gift from god. My phone is actually protected, doesn't scratch, and I can't even tell it's on.

meant for

I use a peli casse on mine with a regenarative rubberized screen protector, because I work and don't want a stray tool destroying my phone.

My roommate, however, took the case off her phone for some reason, and while I was holding it, I sat in the car and it shot out of my pocket like it was spring-loaded, cracking the back of the case on the parking lot.

Moto g . 3rd gen.

>aesthetics
Such a beautiful crack bro.

Have had smartphones for over 11 (eleven) years and the only one I ever broke was the one I used to kill a spider in the bathroom because I threw it at the spider. Never once has one of my phones been put in a case. Not even so much as a scratch on the screen.

2 reasons.
1. I love the feel of my phone and its smaller without a case and slides in and out of my pocket far easier.
2. I'm lazy and when using a case a lot of disgusting gunk gets in there that I'm too lazy to clean out.

a car is something large you display publicly whenever you go out. a phone it a pocket rectangle, and they all look pretty much the same at this point anyways. if anything a case is one of the only things that can distinguish a phone as far as looks go.

car bras are still retarded though. whats the point in making your car look ugly so that it can look good when you take the ugly thing off? do people really plan on select occasions where they take it off and let the car look not like shit? besides, a crappy looking or even body damaged car can usually function just fine. a cracked screen actively harms the functionality of the phone.

>Flagship phones are more powerful than laptops these days
maybe cuck laptops like ultrashit and whatever is left of netbooks, but the power of any mid-tier or higher laptop will be much more than a flagship phone.

>my phone has 8 ARM cores so it's more powerful than a quad core mobile i7