>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/godspeed-custom-sa-keycap-set?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=influencer&utm_term=15195&utm_content=linustechtips
aliexpress.com/item/QUALITY/32617566709.html
m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Cherry g80 11900&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xcherry g80 11900&sqp=cherry g80 11900
ebay.com/itm/Steelseries-6Gv2-MX-Cherry-RED-Switch-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/182292201135?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=888007&algo=DISC.MBE&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=eb1bacb161e8433e9868970066147209&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=2&sd=172358803135
originativeco.com/products/tada68
ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-FORCE-K83-Mechanical-USB-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Red-/182271662171?hash=item2a703cd85b:g:5K0AAOSw-kdX0CPU
ebay.co.uk/itm/302057702404?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
deskthority.net/workshop-f7/designing-a-custom-topre-board-t11734.html
aliexpress.com/item/Top-Quality-Motospeed-Inflictor-CK104-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Backlit-RGB-Ergonomics-LED-Light-Professional-Gamer-APR26/32658440891.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10056_10065_10055_10068_10054_10069_10059_418_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=d899798a-9f9d-41b8-8873-5877564e682f
massdrop.com/buy/unicomp-ultra-classic
duck0113.tistory.com/141
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dear /mkg/, thank you and goodbye.

I switched to cherry mx blue switch keyboard last year after using Dell one for ages. it was nice but I still couldn't type fast and my fingers/thumbs were hurting from hitting the sides of the keys.. which happened occasionally. then I upgraded to cherry mx red switches and I liked those a lot more. but I still hated the height of keys and occasional pain in my fingers.

I went to a recent local autist user group aka Linux Users Group and one guy there brought his computer to the meet to show his dual GPU setup and other things with Arch. anyway, he had this apple keyboard and when I asked him why he used it, he said it was the easiest to type on. I tried it and liked it a lot.

I went on Craigslist, looked at used keyboard and one guy was selling a brand apple USB keyboard for $15... because key #9 on numpad was missing. I picked it up and have been using it since. It's fucking GOAT.

oh, and I went to apple store and they fixed it within 2 min. they just popped a new 9 key on it.

tl;dr: mechanical keyboards are not GOAT at all. if you want something that doesn't fuck your hands, get a high quality chicklet keyboard.. apple makes the best ones.

ps: anyone wanna buy a used pok3r keyboard?

hello here is my keyboard

thats alot of words

I thought you fixed it already?

(。>﹏

Why not buy some low profile keycaps (pic related)?
Or why not just get o-rings for your keyboard to lower the travel distance
Or why not get a mechanical keyboard with a high actuation point and low travel distance

where are the function keys?!

bottom right key is fn, there's another layer on all the number keys

as someone who's been suffering from RSI for years and has been regularly posting in this thread, I had to get it off my chest.

they're still not low enough. that keyboard reminds me of the one I got with an HP computer years ago.

I prefer having the bottom of my wrist resting firmly on my desk. I also don't want my fingers to be in the air at all. I find this position the best.

anyway, for ~$40 (or even cheaper if you do what I did and buy a keyboard with a missing key and then fix it for free) you can get a GOAT keyboard that works well for RSI sufferers.

>I prefer having the bottom of my wrist resting firmly on my desk. I also don't want my fingers to be in the air at all
that's actually bad for you and is one of the causes for RSI.
You are only supposed to use a computer for an hour then have a 10 minute break before going on for another hour.
A mechanical keyboard also helps because a rubber dome requires ~90g of force to press the keys while some mechanical ones only require ~35g. Not to mention the raised fingers and ergonomic options. But its your hands anyway

Bump for this.

What is the point of a mechanical if they are just louder and a $10 rubber dome will last 5 years?

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

>90g
Go fuck yourself shill

im using a Cred Forums pass, i just want to see if that's real or not

put since4pass in the options

>What is the point of a mechanical if they are just louder and a $10 rubber dome will last 5 years
There are mechanical keyboards that are quieter then rubber domes. There are also mechanical keyboards that will last 40+ years.
There are also mechanical keyboards that have no tactile feedback, unlike rubberdomes which do. There are also mechanical keyboards that require less force to force then rubber domes. There are also mechanical keyboards that have increased tactile feedback compared to rubberdomes. There are mechanical keyboards which have higher or lower actaution points compared to rubberdomes.

I can go on, but the point is that mechanical keyboards have many more options compared to rubberdomes and that's why people buy them. Its because they want something that offers more durability and has a satisfying feeling to it. Or rubberdomes are to loud so you buy matias quiet click switches instead

stating facts is now considered to be a shill?

But it's not like I want no tactile feedback, and it's not like the noise really matters. My dad has a well built rubberdome microsoft curve keyboard that he must have had for nearly 20 years now.

You can bet that a rubber dome keyboard will be much cheaper per year than the vast majority of mechanical keyboard. Say for example I have a $10 keyboard that last 5 years, that's $2 per year, a mechanical keyboard might cost $100 so you would have to be using it for 50 years without spilling a bottle of piss all over it, and I can't promise that.

apple scissor switch keyboards require 65g of force, and these are lighter compared to other rubberdomes

>20 years now
I have old rubberdomes too, but the standards back then were much higher compared to day. No joke one of my old rubberdome keyboards has a metal back plate on it for some reason. Also you know since mechanical keyboards have exploded in popularity they have become much cheaper now. Thanks to the Chinese you can get mechanical keyboards for under $40 while still having better quality then rubberdomes. This whole mechanical keyboards cost hundreds of dollars meme needs to stop.

Their key travel is very short, and results in you bottoming them out.

On a set of tactile switches it is possible to type accurately without bottoming out which is supposedly better for your fingers.

Excuse me sir but I do not waste money on frivolous things.

And what exactly do you think will breaking point on a $10 rubber dome keyboard? It's not like you carry it around with you, so long as you treat it with even the slightest bit of respect it should last.

since mechanical keyboards have almost twice the travel distance to actuate a heavier switch say 80g might be a lot easier to not bottom out compared to chiclet keyboards.
Right now I'm using blues with 45g of force need to actuate and when typing some of the switches don't bottom out. If they were heavier I'm sure I would never bottom out.

>Excuse me sir but I do not waste money on frivolous things
lol

>so long as you treat it with even the slightest bit of respect it should last
no it won't. Rubberdomes get mushy overtime as you type on them and that's a fact, nothing you do will change that. I've used plenty of rubberdomes and every single one of them ends up feeling like shit

What is wrong with an over-engineered piece of technology. It is refreshing considering the blatant amount of planned obsolescence these days.

Not the experience I've had, you must be smashing the keys or live in some weird climate.

Over engineered things usually take a less or equal amount of sfrom the engineers as something that has to be made for an extremely cheap price. That's what Dave Jones from the EEV blog says but whatever, you probably know more than him

>that's actually bad for you and is one of the causes for RSI.
ahhaah... thanks for a laugh. I've suffered from RSI for about 10 years and have tried it all. I've spent over $2000 on various BS gizmos that help you alleviate RSI (btw, Kinesis keyboard was my biggest waste of money.. stay away).

Having your elbows FLAT on the armrests. elbows at 90 degrees and wrists FLAT on the desk is the best ergo position you can have. keyboard that's LOW to the desk is a must as well (forget about those keyboard with wrist supports... they elevate your hands no matter how you position them).

Is east Texas a weird climate, because rubberdomes get mushy here too. Use a k95 now and it's so comfy

That has got to be one of the most retarding things I've ever heard. Do you think I live in some mud hut in the middle of Africa? It's literally one of the properties of rubberdomes from those Ti-82 calculators to play station controllers, to keyboards. Every single on of those membranes got mushy overtime and I live in New England where we have modern homes with air conditioning and heating.

>it's retarded to think that heat and humidity affect materials

okay.gif

Yes because whenever there is a blizzard outside I always bring out my rubberdome keyboard to play in the snow.

You know I've got a house that doesn't get humid, dry, cold, or hot and guess what my rubber dome keyboards get mushy anyway

Then you are using too much force.

Even if they do get mushy who give a shit, it just means that they are quiter and softer.

when

>Then you are using too much force.
I highly doubt that since I barely bottom out my blues which require about half the force of rubberdomes. Its svery simple I don't like the heavy weight that membrane keyboards have and the only other option is mechanical keyboards. Its feels much nicer for my fingers as I cannot stand the heavy weight. Also when rubberdomes get much it feels like you are just slamming your fingers on a black of wood with a rubber pad on it. The fact that my mechanical keyboard will never end up feeling like that after years of use is much better then spending 5-10 bucks every couple of years. Also rubberdomes really start to strain my fingers after a couple hours of typing. My blues don't do that and when I have scientific review papers to type every little distraction is amplified 10 times due to the stress.

damn my phone with auto correct you make me sound like a 10 year old :(

What do you use?

someone returned a ducky one so it was at a discounted price and I bought it

Model name? What is the quietest softest mechanical keyboard there is?

I am struggled between a HHKB and a TKL realforce.
I want the meme on my desk so I can be part of the kool kidz but I'm afraid of being crippled by the missing keys.

I really don't like the chassis or layouts they've chosen. I get that they're trying to make them look like the original Model F boards but I just want the switches, not the faux retro trappings.

>Model name?
ducky one
>What is the quietest softest mechanical keyboard there is
well I like clicky keyboards so I went with blues. I've seen youtube videos of people with matias quiet click keyboards that are even quieter then rubberdomes, so I guess you can buy one of those. I don't really have a lot of money to spend on a keyboard so I didn't buy one, heck I overspent on the ducky one by 20 bucks because some user on here convinced me too, not to mention it was also at a discounted price. Also I am really loving these PBT keycaps it has. They are much softer then ABS and are much more resistant to shine, so I would deffinatly buy a keyboard that has some even if you have to spend some extra money. Overall I am happy with the keyboard, it has plenty of macro features but I never use them since I'm not that into gaming.

>prefer having the bottom of my wrist resting firmly on my desk.

If you'd been suffering from RSI you would know that this is what causes and inflames carpal tunnel.

You would also know that the repeated impacts from bottoming out hard, such as when a dome collapses and offers no further resistance, will aggravate the finger joints over time. The rubber cushioning of the impact helps a little bit, but not near enough.

Bumping other keys with your fingertips isn't RSI; it's clumsiness and lack of typing skill, and it's why you gravitate towards gigantor island keys.

but the meme points user

how many meme points is this keyboard worth?

about 7

i'm curious, do you have an ideal/perfect keyboard, or do you mostly just enjoy tinkering?

These keyboards look cool but they're horrendous to type on. After an hour on that thing, your hands will ache.

>do you have an ideal/perfect keyboard
Now that I have the tada, I actually do. This thing is pretty much perfection in keyboard design to me.
Though having some variety is nice.

As for tinkering, I absolutely love building things. Coming up with an idea and making it a reality is one of the most satisfying feelings I know. Trying out things and thinking of how you could use them for something is fun.
You'll be seeing a whole lot more of it once I have proper money to finance all the stupid ideas I come up with or see on the internet.

I dunno user, I've been sitting here for the past three hours or more and I can't complain.

I'm new to mechanical keyboards, how can I make this guy look better?

Also noticed a lot of you guys have keyboards where only the keys are really visible.

Very understandable. The more I see ~65% layouts, the more they look ideal. Only marginally bigger than 60% and less wasted space than a TKL.

And definitely sounds cool, I look forward to seeing whatever you come up with.

You could spend something around 100 bucks (plus shipping) on DSA profile keycaps from signature plastics.
That's about your only option in terms of keycaps, unless you find a group buy for some set that supports all kinds of ridiculous layouts, though that'd probably get even more expensive.
You can't do a whole lot in terms of aesthetic customization with a fucker as non-standard as this one.

Yeah, though I don't mind the lacking arrow keys on a 60%, I find actually having dedicated arrow keys to be quite comfy. With the full programmability of the tada, having that extra row on the right is especially nice since you can use it for media controls or whatever else you like.

>I look forward to seeing whatever you come up with.
Cheers, I want to give CNC'ing keycaps a try and I'm currently working on something that started as a 40% keyboard with another tripfag from around here.

And I want to give anodizing a try, but first I want a nice bench power supply. Just ordered the parts for that actually.

Have you made any aluminum cases using that mill?

I'm looking around at shops to get another ergodox case made but it seems $200 for a laser cut case is the cheapest option locally.

Nope, doubt I will with this one. It's too small to make a proper case, though you can actually mill aluminum with it. Going to use this one for small PCB design and making jewelry.

Though I do plan to build a larger one sometime around the start of next year.

How are 3D Printed key caps? I know a guy that knows a guy that owns one and am thinking about getting in contact to print off some DSA style caps with Alps mounts. Is the plastic decent? Is it possible to print legends?

3D printed plastic is extremely voidy and really shit to actually handle. You do not want to have that under your fingertips, even acetone-smoothed.

Injection molding is ideal but the tooling is a real bitch on this scale. I was looking in to recreating complicated SKCM blues but damn the tolerances on the switch plates.

What Alps switch is the Matias Quiet Click modeled after?

Massdrop has a really cool set available. Are doubleshot abs caps good?

massdrop.com/buy/godspeed-custom-sa-keycap-set?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=influencer&utm_term=15195&utm_content=linustechtips

SA caps are decently thick, just know they're considerably taller than regular keycaps. They'll also eventually shine up with use.

SP pls finish making SA profile in PBT.

Does anyone have any experience with this aluminum case compared to the TEX or Vortex TKL cases? I found it on aliexpress and ordered one in black.

aliexpress.com/item/QUALITY/32617566709.html

hello my keyboard is here.

Damped simplified whites.

Ducky One TKL
Brown switch
Will put a custom set off keycaps on ()

Y/N?

>That awful F row layout
No

whats this keyboard

A non specific 3D render board.

How hard is it to build a keyboard?
Looking at the Gateron switches on Massdrop, wondering if I can get a PCB made pretty easily

So I'm going to convert a razer blackwidow with mx blues into jailhouse blues. What would be the best way of doing that? I was thinking of using some 2mm dia orings but I'm not sure if its secure enough.

>special snowflake colors
>LEDs
Why does it annoy me so much?

That's jealousy you're feeling, user.

You should work on that.

I want to buy my first one, but I can't spend more than 90 Euro. The cheapest keyboards that are available are Cherry MX Board 3.0 and CM Storm Quickfire XT. Both cost less than 75 Euro. I hate the font and the layout (UK) on the Quickfire and the MX board has low profile keys (not sure if good or bad). Which one, Cred Forums?

Tried Cherry MX silents for the first time and the dampers seem much stiffer than ALPS dampers. They're still a little clacky and the landing is harder than with o-ring modded switches.

My first board was the 3.0 and I really disliked the flat caps, especially the feel of the key press with them.
Also consider that the 3.0 has a non-standard layout. the caps lock key is off-off center so you will have to do a stem transplant if you want a full set of new keycaps

>linear only
Oh well. Call me when cherry makes a silent clear.

KEYCAP SET WHERE

I'll bump this thread with pure sex so it doesnt hit the archives

hey i recently got this shitty keyboard from my works closet. should i pawn it to save money for some cherry mx red? it doesn't even use usb... it uses ps/2... thanks Cred Forums

Can't read that shit.

Could you please post model number?

Just looks like a slider over rubber dome board (aka next to worthless).

Not him but thank you

>Serial Number.

Look under that sticker, Model number please.

The Titan Holdings sticker specifically.

Sorry, I'm not allowed to take off the sticker. You can find it by smart searching and awareness.

>uses knife to take keycap off
>yellowed out plastic
you won't get anything out of that. Salvage the switches if it even has any and you might find a buyer

LOL :^)

Btw, my company typically has multiple replacement policy for lost/stolen if you've managed to retain the key. :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

Need some help here please: what's the cheapest keyboard with cherry switches around? I want my first to test out some shit but don't want to spend 100 dolaroos

Cherry POS keyboards sell for 20-40 bucks depending on the model.
m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Cherry g80 11900&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xcherry g80 11900&sqp=cherry g80 11900

>TFW haven't used my Planck in weeks

>why did I spend so much on it

Why not get a switch tester? There is one on massdrop right now.

To post about it on anime image boards

usually the TKL variants are the cheapest for around 60

Please for the love of god take an upskirt shot of that Hachikuji figure PLEASE

Jesus fucking Christ.

Jelly of my cozystation?

>Jar of weed
>Footballs
>Panties

Judging my all the cans of coke you must weigh 200+ pounds

linear is the best

why do people buy hipster keyboards?

before you go back to /toy/, what board is that?

Dude, how the hell are you typing that your fingers hurt from hitting the sides of the keys?

>all the cans of coke
>There is 2 of them
What did he mean by this?

Do non-clicky blues exist ?
Should I try out Topre or are they actually louder ?

You mean a tactile switch? There are plenty of options for that.

1 can of coke is already one too many

That was the first time I've drank from cans in months. But yes, I'm 230lbs thanks to weed and Five Guys.
Soda is too sticky. See that green pitcher? Water is the elixir of life.

Will I get memed on if I buy this used?

ebay.com/itm/Steelseries-6Gv2-MX-Cherry-RED-Switch-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/182292201135?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=888007&algo=DISC.MBE&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=eb1bacb161e8433e9868970066147209&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=2&sd=172358803135

Don't think I have one around. Though you wouldn't believe that amount of merch you can win in those crane games.

just wait until you've got more money and buy a pok3r or something like that

Im wondering the same

A non clicky blue is a brown or any tactile switch. Topre are one of the quietest switches, Cherrys are the loudest mechanical switch on the market

Is this worth anything by the looks of it? Found it used for a really low price.

>Cherrys are the loudest mechanical switch on the market
Thats not true Unicomp, Matias, and Gaote all have louder switches

Why do you want that rubberdome keyboard in particular

Just asking here as I know 0 (zero) about keyboards in general. I just saw the letters "IBM" and came here to parrot it out.

Even tho IBM and cherry have mechanical keyboards, some of them are rubberdome. Pic related is a cherry keyboard that is rubberdome.
All these membrane keyboards cost and feel around the same. If you want a rubberdome with an IBM logo on it then why not buy one. But I'd sugest you buy brand new if its a rubberdome

what memeboard is this? It's beautiful.

TADA68, best memeboard in my collection by a fair shot.

Second iteration of the groupbuy ended just two days ago.

>TADA68
it's beautiful
what sites can I find this on, what groupbuysite was it?

originativeco.com/products/tada68

Does any keycap manufacturers make custom keys?

I can't find keys for the letters Á, É, Í, Ó, Ő, and Ű.
The rest I can add from a german keymap.

Pic related.

I know that WASD does.

Also, here's my current keyboard, is my nigga

You mean WASDkeyboards.net? Also, I need them in backlit version.

also rubberdome? How does it feel?

SK-8825 is okay, i'm thinking of getting an Aula soon as an upgrade

What language is that?
If its nordic then ducky sells nordic keycaps that are LED compatible. They also have french and german layouts too

awesome
What switches do you use?

How are Gateron? Only ever used cherry.

Yes, rubberdome, it feels better than the avarage RD keyboard, great build quality.

I'm satisfied with it, it's my daily driver both at homa and at my workplace (actually this little baby came from my workplace after I accidentally poured gin&tonic on my Logitech slim keyboard).

As I stated in my post, it's hungarian, I posted it for reference. (basically a full-ISO keyboard)

I can find regular cherry keycaps, but non of them are for LEDs

Yeah, that's why I turned to Cred Forums, I mostly just lurk here, thought you guise know of some untapped source I haven't checked out yet.

Is it hard to manufacture custom keycaps at home..?

You know that bottoming out is bad for your hand and can contribute to carpal tunnel right?

My best suggestion would be to go to the deskthority fourms and send an email to the Ducky community manager guy. Maybe he can hook you up with custom keycaps

Would this be a good buy?

ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-FORCE-K83-Mechanical-USB-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Red-/182271662171?hash=item2a703cd85b:g:5K0AAOSw-kdX0CPU

Also, are there chink keyboards with cherry switches for sale?

>Also, are there chink keyboards with cherry switches for sale?
Yes on massdrop

nice

nigga, I've literally just ordered pic related, paid around U$10,00 for the keyboard and mouse together

I was in need of a keyboard and found it used also very cheap. The company I used to work had few computers with this keyboard and they were the best, even the very old ones felt good. I doubt there is a single keyboard better than this one for that price range, its very reliable, durable, its a fucking tank.

>drops
>drops
>drops

is there an actual product list or is this another fucking meme?

What are you going on about? If you dont like group buys then buy it of amazon.

any opinions on this gigabyte one? It's the cheapest I've found everywhere. Even aliexpress doesn't have keyboards this cheap.

smoother than cherry, same chirpy clicks. gateron also has clears that are light as fuck.

i just made my tada68 purchase 5min ago with MOD-M switches.

you must be a socially retarded person

Gateron clears, they're 35g linears.

Gaterons aren't as consistent in weighting and have more wobble than cherry switches, but I can't really complain, given that they're a whole lot cheaper than cherry and miles smoother. Gateron is like cutting through warm butter while cherry is rubbing your cheek against sanding paper.

The inconsistency in weighting and the wobble both aren't really noticeable unless you actually go out of your way to feel up the switches individually.

You sure thats the cheapest you could find?
For $70 here in the US we have many options on amazon for mechanical keyboards some go as low as 30. Ive never used a gigabyte board before but if it uses cherry switches then go for it

>You sure thats the cheapest you could find?

Brand new, yes. There's absolutely nothing cheaper. It's all above 70€. I'd be thankful if you could link some cheaper ones, I just couldn't find them.

>tfw lost one switch (actually just the slider) from the set
Those are linear Kailhs. Which key should I replace with brown Gateron?

test

icles

any way these caps would look good on a black body keyboard? I'm looking for a set to replace my stock filco caps

No, look at the demo on the drop page.

You are correct, looks shit. Maybe I'll look at some plain PBT caps

Classic colors look good on any keyboard

Topre switches are the best. I'm returning this tho for the white 55g tenkeyless.

All white RGB Cherry MX board when? Why doesn't ducky just release the Shine 5 in white like they did the Shine 4?

What's a good rounded font to use for keycaps

i got a pok3r and i'm pretty happy with it.
Why is there a hype about the happy hacking, I really don't get that. Aren't the missing ctrlkeys, or general keys to use with your pinkies in the lower coners kind of useful?
Why is this layout so appreciated?

What's the opinion on the James Donkey keyboards?

Ctrl isn't missing, it's in the place where Caps Lock is, which takes a little bit of getting used to, but is super nice. Once you do get over the initial "Oh god this feels weird" sensation you realize that Ctrl shortcuts are so much better.

Beyond that, Topre switches are pretty highly regarded for their feel anyways.

They wouldn't be able to compete with the Matias quiet switches.

long time no see fucks

now we just need the other trip fag and the italian

What's a nice entry level 60% mechanical keyboard? I don't care about LEDs. I want something easy to transport. I have no idea where to start. I have a full size Ducky with Cherry MX Brown switches that I like a lot. Are Ducky's 60% any good?

desu that looks kind of comfortable

Mac + IBM keyboard

I don't get this meme. Get an AEK II or an M0110 with programmable converter.

how have you been? anything new these past two months?

Any RGB tkl boards with gateron switches

hello. can i join the club now?

仲間だぜ!

I have a small CNC machine now, the AEK II build is nearing completion and I'm getting started with other electronics DIY projects that aren't keyboard related.
And I'm working on a 40% keyboard collab with another tripfag from around here.

Anything on your part?

The wobble may be partly responsible for the smoothness. Alps switches do the same thing.

how much is one of those?

175 dollars at yodobashi camera if you're a foreigner.

220 bucks, 100 more for the silenced version.

got a house and started using my infinity60. it's a nice break from the hhkb. Also grabbed some brother typewriter caps for the hhkb. also got a new job.

glad to see the aek getting love.

Right win-key, or super whatever.

ebay.co.uk/itm/302057702404?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

thoughts on this cheap chink import?

>got a house
Did you pay off the mortage or did you get a new one?

>brother typewriter caps
I'll need a picture of that.

Yeah, I've been using the TADA68 the entire time since I got it two weeks or so ago. It's almost sad to admit, the HHKB is a nice board, but this here beats it by a good shot.

The AEK is pretty much done. I applied wood finish to the case and screwed in the plate, but now I'm suddenly getting problems with switches on the home row triggering the keys on the row above. It's probably a hardware issue, though a primary visual inspection didn't give anything away, especially since the relevant pins on the controller are too far apart to touch anyway.
That was last week. Next step would be checking things with a multimeter, but I was too busy (read: being a lazy shit) this whole weekend to get on with that. At least I'm going to be learning CAD next week, that should lead to some fun with the CNC.

Whoever said cherry clears aren't good for gaming had girly fingers. Pok3r with clears is god-tier.

got a new house. in debt for life or whatever.
I'll grab some pics in a sec. looks a little weird, but feels great.

They're perfectly fine for gaming, but if you use the left-side modifiers a lot, as in having to keep them pressed down, then you'll end up getting pain in your forearm at some point.

Though after replacing the left-shift with a cherry black that pain went away in a matter of half a month or so.
I'm using 35g switches now, but I still don't see what people are whining about when they say that clears are fatiguing.

this is the faggiest thread in existence

can you just tell me if this is a good buy or not

yeah man, totally.

here's a quick picture.

Tomoko uses Outemu switches, while they aren't bad the consistency between them wont be on par with cherry as Goate (their OEM) doesn't have the same quality control. That being said for $50 I would go for it and buy one. They make a TKL one that is also water resistant and plenty of people here on /mkg/ have one and they like it.

thanks m8 i'll take the shot.

>quick picture
>anime figures in front of object
you know how this works

The combination of keycaps does indeed look a bit off, though it's mainly due to those ox blood-red ones. Are they topre stemmed keycaps or did you gut a novatouch?

Pic somewhat related; Basement shop in Akihabara that specialized in gaming peripherals.

well Outemu switches feel harder and have a different pitch then cherry blues. If its your first mechanical switch you wont really tell the difference, but if you have been using cherry blues for a while you can tell the faint difference.

Just make sure you don't use this in an open office. Gaote's switches make high pitched plastic clicks like Cherries, only louder.

i just tossed it up on the shelf. they're topre stemmed. and this is what I mean when I say profile. I left those reds on because I was lazy.

The keycaps from Brother Compactronic series keyboards happen to fit Topre stems. Possibly from other Brother typewriters as well.

yupp. mine are the triple shots from the typewriter.

>triple shots
noice. Did you get just the caps or did you buy the whole typewriter?

typewriter. goodwill senpai. actual typewriter was bust tho. kinda sad I had to trash it.

isn't that the tsukumo.ex shop? everything there is overpriced

fuck I am going to use it in an office, that I share with 3 people

what do?

Could be. There was a store with five floors of PC hardware above it. I remember some shop with that name, but I'm not entirely sure if it was that one.

Matias makes mechanical switches that are even quieter then rubberdomes

>what do?
Don't leave any food or drinks unsupervised and wear a knife proof vest.

If you want to know how l;loud it is then take a pen and start tapping it on your desk. That is how loud it will sound if you bottom out

>I don't get this meme.
I've had this keyboard since I was 18. It was the first thing I bought with my first paycheck. It still works, why buy a $200 keyboard when this works fine?

It's comfy when you get benzos and weed mixed in too, desu.

Thanks for stating the obvious. I didn't get a chance to mention it in this thread yet.

I mean you have the figure right? Please take a panty shot.

do you think we've met?

Are you canadian or finnish?
When were you in Japan?

>I mean you have the figure right?
I do, but it's all the way up there

finnish, the whole september.

I'm Miles. Please take a picture the next time you have her down. You'll know it's me because I'm autistic and use an IBM keyboard on a Mac. If you ever see me and you took one then PLEASE send it. I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you!

Huh. I did actually meet a guy from Finland, but that was during the seventh month of this year.

Jesus user, this is not what I won her in a crane game for.

be careful avatarfagging is a banable offense

Probably should have paid more attention to the switches. Blues click on purpose. If that's not what you want, why did you ask for that keyboard?

Thanks much.

It's called reaction images.

yeah that couldn't be me, but i was just wondering because of the timestamps on your pics since i was taking pics of potential keyboards to buy at sofmap on 7th of september. but i guess it was 9th day of 7th month for you?

What's in the gay folder?

Yup, that'd be it. First thing I did when I arrived in Akihabara was hit up yodobashi kamera to look for keyboards.

Pictures of cocks. Mostly ones from Cred Forums. I like seeing beta virgin cocks since they're more "real" than looking at some porn shoot.

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS OFF TOPIC THEY ARE GOING TO GET AUTO SAGED

>sofmap
Actually wait. That was indeed sofmap, not yodobashi.

I feel like I've already forgotten a third of that trip.

not soon enough

>STOP MAKING THESE THREADS OFF TOPIC
>THREADS

I feel like this is the first time we've actually gone off topic here in a long time.

Anyway, here's a keyboard.

KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS KEYBOARDS

problem solved

This good enough?

did you find anything you like? i picked up this from yodobashi since it was as cheap as 175 dollars, taxfree + some kind of discount when paying with visa

you need to clean that keyboard

Yes it does, but that takes like an hour or two.
It got damaged. It has two small indents in the front. I must have dropped something on it.

Unfortunately not. I got to try out buckling springs at the basement keyboard shop I had mentioned earlier, but the board was in JIS. Also tried out 55g Topre (didn't notice any difference apart from weight compared to 45g) and those cherry silent switches.

Considered getting a Ducky Mini, but they only had it in the common cherry flavors. Would've copped one immediately if they had one with cherry clears.

Picked up half a ton of manga and a bunch of figurines though.

That's perfect user.

What is this bullshit. Of course Cred Forums is too expensive to maintain if there's a dedicated image rotating server.

>adjustable columns
>oneness with cup rubber

Hopefully it doesn't take an absurdly long time to put into production like other ergoboard projects.

Forgot my link.

deskthority.net/workshop-f7/designing-a-custom-topre-board-t11734.html

Oh yes, this here is a whole new level of cool.

>Hopefully it doesn't take an absurdly long time to put into production like other ergoboard projects
I dunno how long other ergoboard projects have taken, but given the added complexity of capacitative switches, I could see that being the case.

At least he's getting ahead well.

>there's a dedicated image rotating server

There's an EXIF processor but it's mostly for scrubbing data so fags will stop doxing themselves with their GPS-enabled iphones.

>but it's mostly for scrubbing data
How recent is that? I still remember some kid on Cred Forums posting about his mom's weed from his iphone and subsequently getting identified as a canadian, but I feel like that was before the place went totally to shit.

got this cheapo $40 Taiwan keyboard for my first mechanical keyboard. How'd I do?

Not him but
>How recent is that?
Since 2012 or 2013 I believe.

really bad

Tomoko is better for the same price

Sometime in mid-2012, iirc. Following a spate of doxings because of image metadata.

/p/ is excepted from the scrubbing, for obvious reasons.

well that sucks, still better than my old keyboard at least
but i like fancy led colors

Well I'm specifically referring to the axios. Checking now the thread on GH for it was started in 2013. Ended up with a lot of redesigns (aka scope creep). The person doing this board has said they are just going to stick to this design and maybe add things after it's already out.

Hey G, noob to actually buying keyboards since my computer programmer father would always buy the best keyboards for us he could find. I don't need any help choosing, I was just wondering where you can get those fucking lovely spring loaded IBM keyboards for a cheaper price than like 200 dollars. Like an old model M or something. Are they still possible to aquire?

I don't want to spend $150 on a keyboard.

What are chink shit mech keyboards like?

Something like this for example; aliexpress.com/item/Top-Quality-Motospeed-Inflictor-CK104-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Backlit-RGB-Ergonomics-LED-Light-Professional-Gamer-APR26/32658440891.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10056_10065_10055_10068_10054_10069_10059_418_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=d899798a-9f9d-41b8-8873-5877564e682f

Currently have an old G510.

Unicomp sells new production model Ms for $83. You can also find old IBM model Ms on ebay for around $70

massdrop has a drop on these every couple of months.
massdrop.com/buy/unicomp-ultra-classic

The market on that is pretty funny
well the font is ugly in my opinion, but I know that is subjective. The switches aren't made by cherry so expect some inconsistency between them

duck0113.tistory.com/141

Who else is hyped for this?

Medfag here, you should really be concerned with your allodynia.

>Axios
Now that's an interesting design. Almost the polar opposite of the dactyl, also looks far more ergonomic. The dactyl looks like you'd have to contort your hand even more than usual.

>Scope creep
And I just learned a new word

oh boy I can't wait to spend another $400 on a chinkboard

The black bird came just a little too early for me or I would have bought it for sure, even though I’m a 60% guy through and through.

The only >60% board I’ve ever wanted, there’s just something about it.

Just got my first ever mech keyboard, Filco Majestouch 2 tkl. I chose brown switches, but have now found that I keep accidentally pressing the spacebar because of how light it is. Is it easy to swap this out for a heavier switch, and which one would you recommend?

Also, anyone know any good keycap sets? Most I've seen are trashy multicoloured ones that look like arse. I would prefer classic, pale colours that isn't too flashy but at the moment I'm struggling to search through the mounds of garish looking shit.

good thing you didn't buy it because some people got pissed that the organizer of the group disappeared for two months

Hey, at least it isn’t GH60 or Ctrl+Alt levels of absurdity

Have the GH60s from the groupbuy even all shipped yet? I know there was some chink copy that was available for order while people were waiting months to get their PCB.

why not get this?

The problem is the axios' design seems to change every so many months. Or more options for layouts get added. I get doing a one man project isn't easy with other responsibilities going on, but then that's precisely why it should be kept simple.

Some people have to pay shipping again, kek

I already bought and sold a totally legitimate final revision GH60 PCB and bought another one (from TechKeys) before the groupbuy members all got theirs

It’s a shit show.

Ctrl+Alt have had year long waits as well, I know a guy personally who ordered a JD40 and he had to cancel it because after a year it just isn’t worth it to have to deal with the bullshit and radio silence.

is it worse then Ivan's GB or is it about the same?

What's so special about the GH60?

I've been hearing about it here and there ever since I got into this hobby a year ago, but from the little that I've seen it looks like a PCB for any other 60%.

Ivan is still gone, right?

At the time it was not common for a 60% board to be fully programmable and be able to accommodate a number of different key layouts. Nowadays I'd bet there are a dozen different 60% boards that can do that.

Looks good, TMK so it’s customizeable as hell (fully programmable), supports a ton of physical layouts, diodes and whatnot already soldered (at least from TechKeys). It’s also inexpensive.

There’s not much variation in PCB’s really, but the GH60 is probably the best (unless I missed one) and only more expensive than chink shit.

>Ivan is still gone, right?
Long gone, nigga ran off with the money.

good lord

I wonder what ever happened to him? Was he caught? Was some of the money refunded?

Who knows. No one wants to take the responsibility of tracking the asshole down and suing him it seems.

Razr Black Widow and Naga
Don't have a smart phone, so no pics. You can imagine why, though, given what they cost. Something had to give, and I'm too socially retarded to care about using a cheap flip phone instead.

if you are strapped for cash why not buy a $40 chinkboard

Nice try faggot, I have a k95 rgb AND your applel keyboard. You can't beat cherry MX

testerino

wait, this board has Cherry MX Greens?

no I think its gateron greens

They are Cherry MX Greens

Where the fuck did you get colored translucent key caps?

aliexpress.

i just get this one dell, with the black alps, not bad at all, the keycabs are really thin, where can buy somes, and you can share your dell atw101 with other keycabs

tell me this isn't a flawless switch set. The rgb is just icing on the cake.

Its flawed because it uses faulty LEDs (see FAQ), has a nonstandard bottom row (pic related), and is overpriced despite competitors offering similar features for a lower price (see any Ducky keyboard)

Okay I'm about to order a Tada68 as first mk. I have no idea which gateron switches I should get. I don't want clicky and I don't want heavy.

Sorry but the GB expired unless you plan on sending them an email since they still haven't submitted the orders to the factory

Yeah, I planned on just placing an order. It still lets you. Think that's a bad idea?

if they still offer it get either clears (35g) or reds (45g). 35g is just enough to the point where it actuates from your hand resting

>Think that's a bad idea?
Not really worst thing that happens is they say no. It doesn't hurt to try as there are no real negatives.

Okay thanks for your input. I was leaning towards browns, as I've read they feel much better than Cherry MX browns. Reds were my second choice.

Is it easy to fix a keyboard with the right soldering tools?

I assume that the most frequent problem would be damage in the area where the cable connects to the PCB

depends it could be that or a faulty switch. If the switch spring and stem need to be replaced then you can easily do that. If the switch mechanism is faulty then you need to desolder the switch and solder in a new one.

but even if it's the cable connector that's fucked it's not a huge pain to solder right?

faulty switches seem easy to solder

I'm just worried that there is something that is too difficult to do and would render the board unrepairable (aside from the obvious things like a physically destroyed pcb)

There was what looked like a brand new mxblue filco going on shitbay that said it was broken. It had nice aftermarket keycaps too. Some genius paid ~50USD for it though at the last second of the auction so I didn't get it. I fucking paid 65USD for my fully functioning full board Filco.

if you know what you are doing you can get rid of the entire pcb and hand wire the whole thing together to a new controller like Teensy

interesting

will have to look into the specifics since I have no experience with kb repair

want to get some broken topre boards and see what I can do

Topre boards don't actually have discreet switch modules. When they fail it's usually the PCB, which you aren't going to fix if you can't handle a contact switch.

but I assume the chances of a PCB failure are slim on topre boards. Wouldn't the problem usually be the cabling contact?

Anything significantly bad happens to the sensing pads or their connecting traces (lifting, corrosion, etc) and they're pretty much ruined forever because the tolerances are pretty tight.

Makes sense. I keep forgetting that people are rough on their boards so they are more likely to be prone to a wide range of issues.

From what I understand, you would have more luck picking up Cherry MX boards because discreet switch modules give a higher chance of success with repair. Correct me if this is a wrong novice assumption

It's strange, a Filco board that looked practically brand new was listed as broken. I see more Leopold boards like this as well. They appear to be in great physical condition. I suppose something like a spill or unskilled modding could have permanently damaged internals. I know shit about repair but want to get a decent soldering set for basic fixes. Would be fun to get cheap broken boards back to a working state

you can pop the keys off. and if you use Linux, you can assign them to be anything you want. and in windows, you can install bootcamp and get that functionality that way for apple keyboard (google for how).

>Dude, how the hell are you typing that your fingers hurt from hitting the sides of the keys?
>Im wondering the same
Issue is my thumb. Mechanical kb/cherry spacebars are just uncomfortable. when I press the spacebar, sometimes the side of my thumb hits the sharp edge and over time, it hurts me. see these pics from google image search that I just looked up... "keyboard thumb spacebar"

>Medfag here, you should really be concerned with your allodynia.
I've been to RSI specialist to consider surgery. My condition has been improving over the years and nowadays, with the new KB, I don't notice it as much at all. I don't have Allodynia.

No you don't.

>1449329486951.jpg

>spacebar

Could have just done what a lot of fags do and put the spacebar on backward so it tilts towards you.

>Mechanical kb/cherry spacebars are just uncomfortable

The spacebar profile has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the kb is mechanical. Full stroke rubberdome boards carry all the same profiles.

>when I press the spacebar, sometimes the side of my thumb hits the sharp edge and over time, it hurts me

My NMB vader board did that to me, though that's largely because the spacebar is fucking 140g to actuate. I swapped the spring with a 70g one and stopped bruising my thumb.

What blade do you have there bud/?

or actually elevate your hands/wrists to the proper height. Either way works

It's a Ganzo Benchmade knockoff.

Anyone take apart a MOD switch yet? Their site mentions a copper click leaf, but as the switches don't click in the first place I suspect they mean the contacts... and copper passivates over time.

bought this on release day and it's pretty killer
lights are brighter than any MX keyboards I've seen. I'm literally breathing rgb

I'll buy that pok3r. Email me @ [email protected] with pics and time stamps and shit senpai.

I like this. I generally don't like back lighting, but this is well done.

test for a new thing to be faggotty about

Is that a dick

What keyboard is that OP?

Please be careful with those benzos user, I've been dealing with withdrawals for over a year now.

Can someone tell me please how noticable is the bump on the MX brown switches. I am afraid that it will be too noticable in games where you mash WASD constantly.

feels like a grain of sand

>oh, and I went to apple store and they fixed it within 2 min. they just popped a new 9 key on it.
how do they even do that, did they take the key from another keyboard or do they have random spares (common problem?), and do they just throw the extras away because surely they manufacture a given number of keys at a time and they don't micromanage individual keys do they?

i guess since the markup on apple products is so high they can afford to do this type of thing to keep their customers happy but still what are they going to do with a keyboard or keycap set with a missing numpad 9 key

Pressing keys past a very slow speed, you won't even feel the bump at all anymore.

test

the fuck? really?

Is it that bad?

I don't want your gay circumcised keyboards. I need full-size. Also it's not available in my country.

not keyboards, but test

>how do they even do that, did they take the key from another keyboard or do they have random spares (common problem?), and do they just throw the extras away because surely they manufacture a given number of keys at a time and they don't micromanage individual keys do they?
When mine broke, they took a key off one of the new keyboards they had around and they just replaced it.

Apple fixes pretty much everything for free. Once I bought a used MB Air and when something was wrong wiht it, I took it in and they just gave me a new one. Apple doesn't skimp on customer service.

nice

still i wonder what happens to the new keyboard they took a key off of but yeah customer satisfaction is important especially for a premium brand like apple

I am not sure if this thread has hit bumplimit but whatever. I have decided on a Quickfire Xt (I need something cheap that is available locally). I can deal with the ISO layout, but I really hate the edgy font. Are ISO keycaps common, would I be able to order them from sites like AliExpress?