If you could make an OS, what would you include?

If you could make an OS, what would you include?

a gf

I would just make it macOS

Support for only one set of hardware.

Grindr

little Japanese boys

I'd recreate Symbolics Genera, add user accounts and process security and other good ideas. UNIX compatibility layer, etc.

GNU/Linux already exists.

i'd make it fully posix compliant and maybe port gcc and g++ to it

Keychain

update plan9

>gif
>it doesn't move
O_o

Nice girl

BeOS

Yes I know about Haiku.

Mandatory telemetry.

Why do

>Ride the Lightning and the Black Album in library
My nigga.

this desu fampai

The ability to manage memory allocation between different processes?

V8 or whatever JavaScript engine, built in Mono or JVM like android, opera hack with ad block as the file manager, Wine or whatever hack to get Windows programs and Linux to both work.

Basically, you could write "apps" in JavaScript or even C# and hey, I'll even let you write as if you're using native Windows or native Linux.

My operating system will be called the CodeSlut - Mara edition and she'll be beautiful.

Telemetry I could sell. Fuck the user.

who is that qt girl?

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

its pronounced jiff

>Not Growlr
Why bother

Someone goes to Cred Forums
>I like a lot of that though

i've never been on Cred Forums desu

Stuff that was in BeOS.

neat

sandbox everything

HolyC

Make it as cute as possible.

You can pass the pointer

In 2016 ???? Fuck

A logo

/thread

You misspelled Mac OS

NOT IN MY OS ITS NOT

I'd make an opensource spyware-free remake of windows.
Free as in both freedom and beer, but fully natively compatible with current windows software & drivers, free or proprietary, that's the user's choice.
Maybe add just a few features like support for additional filesystems & some mdadm-equivalent since apparently windows doesn't let you set up software raid during installation.

I think this already exists.
google it

And ara ara mommies.
Shotas and milfs are a miracle of the universe.

Driver-less setup for non-system hardware.
Everything would use a common API to expose its features to the OS just like drivers do presently.
No more stupid driver discs.
Driver updates would work pretty much the same way it does now, but all hardware is guranteed to always work at baseline production release.

Modular in much of the way linux is, really.
Separate hypervisor OS that VMs the actual user OS below it.
VMs are basically native speeds now with hardware calls and support.
Passthrough is still in its infancy, but it's getting there. People can now run Linux native and Windows-whatever with full GPU for gaming, for example.
Any feature can be replaced easily.
Online store to do so, with heavy verification process unlike shitty Google Play. (No restrictions on 'sideloading', the store is just like any generic package manager)

Low system resources being biggest aim.
Fuzzy-logic support for UI animations. Google 'fuzzy weighted average', shits great for non-precise animation, and the FWA works great for error correction when run massively parallel.
Fuzzy logic is the future for massively parallel processing, as well as probability-based programming languages.
As long as you use a large enough bit range, a truncate will get you there quickly, with less power and still be accurate enough.
It is essentially taking the 'sub-pixel precision' method and applying it globally.
It won't replace standard logic from the start, but it could emulate it when we start hitting the hundred-core regions in the future.

reactos

>Browser
>Music and Video Player in one
>Productivity Shit
>Steam

I forgot to add Torrent Client

You will need telemetry and systemd.