ITT post tech shit you thought was a useless gimmick until you actually started using it

ITT post tech shit you thought was a useless gimmick until you actually started using it.

I'll start.
>touch screen laptop

Nothing. Everything I recognized as a gimmick has been, proving me correct.

Touch screen laptop owner here.
What do you do with touchscreen? I rarely use mine

Touchscreen phones, mechanical keyboards.

Just scrolling and basic shit. It especially helps if you have a shit touchpad like the Asus t100

this thing. I used to use a mouse but gave this thing a try and never touch a mouse anymore. it's the best.

>if you have a shit touchpad like the Asus t100

Hahah... no wonder you smudge your screen when your teackpad is TOTAL SHIT.

Get a real alptop, poorfag.

I want her to eat my cock while i poo in her loo

Why would I need anything better? I just use it for taking notes at uni and browsing the web.

Battery life is insane good and it charges with micro USB, so get fucked.

>calling others poorfag on an anonymous image board
>can't spell laptop
>can't spell touchpad
Go back to school you idiot.

>Why would I need anything better?
thanks for keks, poorfag.

heavy ass workstation laptops. Used to think they were for idiots.
Then I got my precision, and damn it's nice to run everything in the box. First piece of hardware that feels actually hard, no flex like chinkpads. and of course, it's heavy as fuck, but I'm not a gimpy twink so I can horse the fucker around fine.

>smartphones
I didn't get a smartphone until they were already commonplace and I stick to the budget options. I still don't like them, or rather I strongly dislike the way people use them, but having access to my email and maps on the go is useful. I hate the way they have permeated society and made people fucking horrible drivers.

>linkedin
Recruiters contacting me non-stop.

I predicted mechanical keyboards blowing up in popularity years ago. They still aren't what I would consider mainstream, because your average office is still using rubber dome keyboards (and usually cheapo ones.) But in the span of only a few years you have had hundreds of new products put out in this space that was basically completely dormant for over a decade.

clit mouse thing in the keyboard. Couldn't understand why you would want them until I had to use a laptop in a clean room and my gloves made the touchpad useless.

>"I use swear words on the internet, look how tough I am!"

scroll wheel

I felt like I was taking a gamble when I ordered my precision, but I knew I couldn't trust lenovo's quality anymore (plus the part selection was worse and more expensive), and HP is a fucking joke.
I was mostly worried because I used to have to work on Lattitudes and Vostros all day and those things SUUUUUCKED

Super fucking happy with my precision though. Well, mostly. The intel graphics don't have control of the hdmi audio so if I want to plug it into my tv i have to disable the intel graphics entirely in the bios, and it has a tendency to BSOD when I wake it up from sleep if I had IntelliJ open, but I'm more willing to blame that on Java or Windows.
And it could stand to have better "I am typing so ignore my wrist touching the trackpad" detection.

other than that though, 13 hour battery life with a xeon and switchable quatro graphics is tite

>tfw laptop has a matte touchscreen
Shit's cash

Bluetooth speaker for showering music

Wireless mouse. Like, idk it just makes using muh laptop so great.

I'm so hard judt thinking about it.

The command line.

I know i sound like a fucking faggot but i always used to think remembering commands and shit was worthless with a gui, until i started using it.

Sorry i know im a fag.

clitmouse

Use case != sour grapes

You can't reason with shitposters user.

Until you get smooth spots

It's 7 years old and still hasn't happened

Touch screen laptops are gimmicks.

faggot

GPS navigation

Now I can't drive without it

Mechanical keyboards. Rubber domes are just fine, and very cost efficient and durable enough. But after using a friend's PC while visiting, and enjoying the consistency and feel of the keys, I've had to conclude that spending about €90,- on a keyboard is totally justified when you spend so much time using it.

This

>Mac

mouse dpi buttons

Yeah man stop feeding him it'll only make him fatter and give him more neetbux

capacitive touchscreens, bluetooth headphones, wireless (fast)charge

also being poor != source grapes.

budget is everything.

What's your showering playlist? And do you have separate ones for morning and evening? Just curious.

In the morning I like to listen to a quick news broadcast from the morning. Depending on how tired I am, I either listen to some cheery music or something calmer to ease me into sleep. And when I'm going out or something, I listen to a pumped dance pop etc playlist.

One weird side effect is that I've started to jack off in the shower less. Though that could also be because I've started dating so it hasn't been as "necessary". But I still feel like it coincides more with the purchase of my waterproof speakers than the dating.

>Lenovo quality
>Hp
>A fucking joke
There's a difference between consumer laptops and business laptops.
You just didn't do your research
Elitebooks and certain thinkpads are really nice, actually.

Heck I love using the command line. I can quickly access stuff, go through my documents, compile code, etc... I remember I used to use notepad++ for taking quick notes but now I just open up vim, type what I want, then save and quit. It's simple and works well for me.

I will admit, wireless controllers have proven me wrong. I still prefer wired cause of all the trouble I had as a kid playing games online with a wireless mouse but, at least in regards to consoles, wireless ain't that bad. I like the way the PS3 did it especially. Having the choice to go from wired to wireless in a flash and the wire also charges it. I'm also surprised I actually use the touchpad on the PS4 controller. I thought it looked stupid but I use it quite often when games support it.

Stylus for modern smartphones

In my case, it is the Note 5. Great features like screenshot built in to the device, and it also increases typing speed immensely.

What a cute fox. I wouldn't mind being petty if I was this pretty.

I would say this, if I used OSX. But now I just use Windows/Loonix.

Fucking touch screens man. The military had that shit for 15 years before it became a thing and it was garbage. Never though it would grow so quickly to where it's at now.

really?

>micro sd in phones
>remix os with bluetooth keyboard case
>nexus phones
>wireless mice and headphones
>tracepoint in thinkpads
>thinkpads
>gnu/linux