Have a Windows 10 install for work related programs

>Have a Windows 10 install for work related programs
>Install update
>Update takes an hour
>Boot back into Windows
>Sound no longer works

Fucking hell, how do Winfags live like this? Even Arch isn't this unstable.

i feel your pain

RO MAN SUCKS

RO MAN SUCKS

They're used to it. How would you miss the sweet taste if all you ever knew is sour?

Major upgrades have always been notoriously fucky, BOTH for Windows and for Linux. Informed people have always been advising to perform clean installs vs upgrades, for as long as I can remember. Source: 15 years and counting in IT support. More source: hell, I tried to perform a major version upgrade recently on one of my Lubuntu boxes: upgrade failed, system in unstable state, had to reinstall; and no, computer hardware was not an old POS, quite the contrary.

>a guy who literally reinstalls his system every time something breaks because "fixing is haaaaaard" and works in IT support.
>yes ma'am you just need to insert the windows CD and reinstall the whole thing because you have no sound.

>Windows 10
toppest of keks

Using Arch + Windows 10 for a year now and i never had any problems

This isn't too uncommon, but the thing with windows 10 is that you cannot refuse updates.

>Windows 10 install for work related programs
Which programs don't work on 7 or 8?

Windows 7 doesn't have this problem.

I feel like I got luckly. I have had absolutely no problems with my Windows 10 Pro install. I went from a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate, maybe that's the reason.

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>install antergos

>Microsoft forced the update while in sleep mode
>update takes an hour while stuck at 4%
>suddenly get the startup repair loop screen
>now says an important system file is missing and my Surface is bricked now

This. Story of my life since release ahaha

>-30 fps on most games after the update
>major freezes and lock-ups that force you to hold the power button in order to shut your pc down

thanks, i didnt ask for this, microshit

You guys have only yourselves to blame. I have 9 machines at home for work running all different operating systems and win 10 is by far the problem child. I feel like Microsoft opened a black hole to an alternate universe in the early 90s but instead of mac and Linux being buggy shits it's Microsoft. What a time to be alive.

Us: We don't like Roman
WWE: PUT A BELT ON THAT GUY!
Us: fuck you vincent.

They can't keep a belt off the wet cunt...

@ontopic
It does work, stop using components from 2002.

Works on my machine. Are you sure that you're not retarded?

>works on my machine
You just have high shit tolerance and are not used to good things in life.

Have literally never had trouble with windows except during 98se's crappiness, ATI driver clown fiesta until crimson got introduced and downloading a trojaned win2k enterprise from piratebay. win2k worked, XP worked, 7 worked, 10 works.

wow that just proves that windows 10 is fine. i don't know about you guys but i'm convinced!

>It just werks every other time

Seriously though, the audio issue is a known bug that happens with some hardware. Happened on the Lenovo machines at work a few months ago, problem went away after restarting a few times.

Me too! I wonder what I've been missing since it launched! Probably little things like stability and usability. I'm glad I'm joining the club for the game I don't play since I'm gainfully employed! Blessings upon you Microsoft!

I work IT at a university and we're planning to roll out Windows 10 on the school computers

Need to make sure it works with those shitty proprietary browsers the professors insist on using for homework quizzes

>Still using windows in 2016

>WIndows 10
>Stability
Pick one retard