Windows 10

So, what is the verdict of Windows 10?

Still a beta?

Worth running now?

Some redeeming feats?

jesus, how fucking pathetic are you windows users?

>Some redeeming feats?
It isn't 8. Windows 7 is supported until 2020. Most of the people I have conversed with on the subject will decide then.

Seems alright. Cortana is actually useful and nag screens are kept to a minimum. Antimalware is bloated though, it bears replacing. If you're overly concerned about privacy though, I recommend installing gentoo and unplugging your router.

>So, what is the verdict of Windows 10?
Just too messy/buggy with an unclear future.
>Still a beta?
Yes.
>Worth running now?
Not yet.
>Some redeeming feats?
Not really, mostly minor features you can get on 7/8 with 3rd party software. DX12 is "a meme".

Windows 10 > 8?
For what reason(s)?

He's just an ignorant fuck.

Literally the worst thing about 8 is the full screen start and that's a minor thing that can be remedied anyway, if it bothers you that much.

it's called a rolling release
i. e. perpetual beta

Running it since it came out and i dont have any problems.

If you run your own DNS server, install spybot anti-beacon, and have a decent third party anti-virus so you can disable Windows Defender, it's actually pretty good.

Not to say that you should be doing all that to actually run an operating system - I don't agree with all the tracking and all the nonsense they've thrown in but it is speedy, it's stable and for the most part, typical users will be happy with it.

That being said, if you still feel unsafe after disabling all the telemetry, really there's no good way to hide from it on any Windows platform outside of being disconnected from the internet - the best way to avoid is to filter all your traffic through your own router running a Linux kernel you compiled, and then have that traffic going to a device running again, another Linux kernel you compiled and packages you select. Even then, what can be trusted.

It's shit.

It's referred to as "cuckware" because of how MS treats the user.

I'd stick to Linux for now.

Like, maybe early alpha or alpha right now. My dude.

It's a tablet OS

it's fine. windows illiterates can't turn off updates though.

Fucking unstable piece of shit with added botnet that you have to disable in each fucking step

>can't disable updates
>when more than one monitor if you let computer put monitors to sleep one won't woke upon waking and you must turn it on and off again to make it show
>full of shitty (((apps))) that you must spend time disabling
>No "my computer" button

All in all I don't like it but I use it on my two PCs because I got windows 7 for free from university 5+ years ago and updated them from it (both computers running off same key some how).

Call me a pleb, I like muh gaymes so linux is a no no.

It's a lot more stable and snappier than 7 was. It flies, and I'm running it on a single core celeron and 2gb of ram.

get pro if you get it, homo premium is shit

you're not a pleb for using windows, you're a pleb for being a tech illiterate normie

pro is shit too

what makes pro better exactly?

Smooth as silk and everything just werks here. Even with a 5400 RPM disk, programs load instantly thanks to SuperFetch and similar superior technologies Ganoo Loonix users lack.

I got it bundled from my laptop, I don't bother to upgrade it to pro since I still can tweak it (remove automatically update, remove telemetry, etc) from just regedit and cmd, and I'm a filthy poorfag.