/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/265054/how-to-easily-reinstall-windows-10-without-the-bloatware/
helloari.com/blog/2014/03/how-to-remove-a-google-account-from-choose-an-account-page-list/
productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/hww96nQNl50
sharkoon.com/category/storage-solutions/docking-stations.aspx
aukey.com/category/Power
lifehacker.com/5774997/getting-started-with-linux-how-to-install-linux-on-your-computer
howtogeek.com/howto/31804/the-10-cleverest-ways-to-use-linux-to-fix-your-windows-pc/
a.cuntflaps.me/lqeqxw.webm
github.com/ccd0/Cred
zixaphir.github.io/appchan-x/
askubuntu.com/questions/317241/can-i-use-ubuntu-to-diagnose-hard-drive-or-ram-problems-in-windows
heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/8-office-2016-direct-download-links
officecdn.microsoft.com/db/492350F6-3A01-4F97-B9C0-C7C6DDF67D60/media/en-US/ProfessionalRetail.img
officecdn.microsoft.com/db/492350F6-3A01-4F97-B9C0-C7C6DDF67D60/media/en-US/HomeBusinessRetail.img
zipso.net/chromebook-specs-comparison-table/
windowsmatters.com/2016/05/13/gandalfs-windows-10pe-x64-threshold-2-build-10586-version-05-13-2016/
pcfreetime.com/
softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/Mousinity.shtml
thepiratebay.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_Cage
support.avg.com/answers?id=906b0000000LSQ2AAO
torrentproject.se/
thepiratebay.org/
extratorrent.cc/
rarbg.to/
yts.ag/
1337x.to/
store.nfcring.com/products/v1ntage
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834319559&ignorebbr=1
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA42K4T48290&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Notebooks-_-9SIA42K4T48290&gclid=CJfGoPT7vM8CFVKPfgodDBcNAg&gclsrc=aw.ds
youtube.com/watch?v=T43RtjNZFw0
stackoverflow.com/questions/1789530/what-are-the-specific-differences-between-msi-and-setup-exe-file
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/
rufus.akeo.ie/
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change
nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Question about data storaging, no hardware expert myself.
What's the best way to store and backup several TB of data and maintain it? I have my data and backup currently sluggishly spread over several HDD's.
Now that these are growing old I'm becoming paranoid of data loss. I'm thinking about getting several identical HDD's and always have a second copy of my backup or my media storage handy.

Budget is kind of low, but I'm a bit concerned about too old HDD's as I heard that they lose integrity even when not actively used, means limited shelf life. Also older HDD's often had more construction fault's, or so I heard at least.
What's the oldest listing date I should buy, on amazon the ones with good prices are usually 3-5 years old and there's usually no way to see manufacture date I'm aware of.

Also tips on on synching my backups? My architecture for example: intern storage medium>backup of intern storage medium. Media storage>backup of media storage.

install gentoo

>

Could someone please answer this?I would appreciate it.

Did a recent Windows Update for W7 make it so upon being installed you give Windows permission to CHECK and INSTALL EVERY UPDATE IT WANTS TO without your explicit consent beforehand? Because for two years I was selectively avoiding the telemetshit updates, but I updated Windows about a week ago after forgetting to for a month or two, and this morning I woke to find that my computer restarted in my sleep to update Windows, and checking for updates was set to auto somehow.

My teacher asked me to make a report about two recent technological innovations but I don't know what to choose. Any advices?

Why most people on Cred Forums are so fucking stupid?

Please help with my question

I want to edit the names of the grub boot entries. How do I do it?

I found grub2.cfg in /boot/grub2 but it seems people advice against editing it.

(me)
Fedora 24 btw.

unfortunately when you can post anonymously with no repercussions people tend to post the shit they wouldnt normally say out loud in front of people the respect.

this is not specific to Cred Forums. and it DOES have its merits.

Apple's courageous removal of the headphone jack.

How do I redownload and reinstall Windows?
There's multiple ways of doing it IIRC since it's such a mess, but what method should I use if the laptop I got came with Windows 10 and I need to wipe even the drivers rather than just use some inbuild system cleaning tool?

Also

Crashplan or Backblaze.
Not kidding, that's the cheapest you can go.

If you are a tinfoil hat, use Blu-ray, or even tape drives can be an option.
But, I would just use Crashplan.

You plug in the drive, it does deduplication + compression + encrypts the files, sends it up. It's super comfy.

howtogeek.com/265054/how-to-easily-reinstall-windows-10-without-the-bloatware/

So, the Airpods? Isn't that too popular?

What else?

Any mobo that has support for said CPU is OK.
If you google the model / brand, you will find a "compatibility sheet" there.

> Control Panel
> Action Center
> Maintenance

Also disable "Wakeup timer" in Power Options.

Apple's tactile display on phones
Quick wireless charging
Self driving cars like Tesla
Quick charging on phones
HDR TVs

Because we have many weeb neckbeards user. They would have already died out, but their equally dumb parents keep feeding them.

That's the only option.
It will get overwritten at next boot though.

There is a /etc/default/grub.conf but it's for timing and such, not names.

What user said, there is an official downloader.

Btw the 'inbuild cleaning tool' wipes it off 100%, so yeah, you could just use that.

I'm installing Xubuntu but i want to keep Windows. What exactly do i do here?

Boot windows and shrink it so you have room for your linux partitions.

Not much, your layout is absolutely fucked.

1) Open Terminal
2) sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gparted
3) sudo gparted

There:
1) Resize that big partition, 127GB one
2) Move it to the left
3) Move the the 500mb one after that
4) Now you have space at the end of the disk
5) Use that for Xubuntu. ~20gigs should be fine.

That could work, but not sure, Windows is picky about the layout. Then there is the partition problem.

I think user has 4 partitions already, which is the maximum with no extended layout.
So he would need to have only 3.
4th would be an extended, then 5-6 for Xubuntu.

>> Control Panel
>> Action Center
>> Maintenance
>Also disable "Wakeup timer" in Power Options.

Thanks for the Power Options tip, but the other thing seems to just be a request to automatically check for solutions to problems, which is still on the default "Each time a problem occurs, ask me before checking for solutions".

I was just wondering why Windows suddenly had permission to update without my permission. Literally as soon as I got my HDD I disabled automatic Windows updates, and they remained disabled even when I updated Windows a week ago. But this morning I woke to find they were enabled, and my laptop restarted in the night to automatically update so I had some updates to remove n shit...

when i click on my profile picture on google.com i also see the profile of my little brother (pic related)

i think i did this so he doesnt lose his account when he was younger. Now hes old enough so the link between the two accounts isnt needed anymore

how can i separate the accounts now? i found nothing in account settings

What I'm trying to understand is why annon has 3 small partitions. My understanding was that even with GPT enabled, windows only made 2 sub-gigabyte partitions.

It's UEFI/GPT/"OEM install", you know it's how a laptop "comes out" from the manufacturer.

So yeah, this should be wiped.
The new install would only have 2 partitions, exactly.

Isn't that only for fast user switching?

Sometimes they fuck up.
Just like how the settings in Windows 10 got reverted at every few update.
Nothing new there son.

>Isn't that only for fast user switching?

maybe it is. Can i still remove it?

helloari.com/blog/2014/03/how-to-remove-a-google-account-from-choose-an-account-page-list/

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/hww96nQNl50

I have several accounts but I never had this thing so I can't really test.

>helloari.com/blog/2014/03/how-to-remove-a-google-account-from-choose-an-account-page-list/

this one worked. thank you!

weird that its hidden like that

well Google and now "G Suite" (sounds gangsta as fuck) is one big complex piece of software...

My operator apparently uses Band 3, Band 7 and Band 20 for LTE

I want to buy a chinkphone probably in the future, and xiaomis i look for usually dont support Band 20

Can I except to get LTE working fine with only Band 3 and 7? I am retarded when it comes to LTE frequencies, they feel confusing as fuck for me

I finally need a new external HD but I havent bought one in literally a decade and things have changed. Why is there such a strange price cut off that I can drop 60pesos for 1 tb but for 60 more pesos I can get 4tb. Ive never known companies to just give shit away so im assuming theyre plotting to fuck me over. Should I even be worrying about this crap?

LTE eats more battery.
LTE got much weaker and worse coverage.

So if you want it because of the memes, don't.
Sony did it properly, they have a 4G switch in the quick settings. If I need to hurry the fuck up, I turn it on. Then I turn it off.

My Note 4 and Sony both have like 1-2-3 bars of LTE at every segment of my country. WCDMA (3G)? 4-5 bars almost always.

>in C

How do I use #define so as to replace every 0 with a char, "£"

I'm trying: #define 0 £
but getting : error: macro name must be an identifier

well, make sure its a reliable model and brand inside the external drive. and it's usb3.
other than that, they cant really fuck you over.

I would just buy a hdd and a dock separately.

Not this guy but I have a similar inquiry

Why is there virtually no difference in price between 1TB and 500GB HDDs??? It is like the absolute minimum you should spend for an HDD nowadays is the 1TB HDD price since otherwise you pay pretty much if not literally the same thing, but get half as much? Why?

It's just not much cheaper to make smaller drives. You still need similar platters/container/wiring.

Oh, that's really fuckin weird desu. Sucks real bad that if you just can't afford the best price/ performance ratio, you're fucked? Like if you need 10 dollars but also need an HDD, you get half as much when you're already paying 60. Sad..

because the 500GB harddrives were manufactured before the 1TBs and the sellers don't want to sell below what they paid for them a few years back.

It's like I'm really on craigslist. This seems like a less depressing answer

Is there any alternative to truecrypt's full drive encryption?

this might be a retarded question but does anyone know where to get old "gaymer" pc cases, want to make a meme home server

What are you hiding from us, user

Multiplatform: VeraCrypt.
Win: BitLocker.

Linux/BSD:
Linux also has different FDEs.
ZFS too.

500gb drives are probably just extra inventory, there are people willing to pay a premium to exactly replace what they have.

However its likely that those are also single 500GB platters which make them somewhat more reliable than a 2 platter 1tb drive.

You can also buy refurbished drives if you want a bargain. I bought 4 samsung 1TB refurbished drives 7-8 years ago, and they all still spinning

That's the way it is with a lot of hardware really. You can't expect performance to always scale perfectly with cost. That's not how hardware works.

I actually have a dock from an issue I had with my last pc (BlacX). Can you point my dumb ass in the right direction for figuring out more about what I can do if i wanna go down that route? I didnt even know about them till the nerd at the help desk offered the option and it worked for what I needed it for. Also whats the deal with load cycle count. for some reason while i was reading up on drives while looking around it came up a few times with WD. Is it a non issue because like ive said, I had my wd for around 10 years. please tell me if reading too much into a simple purchase. this is entirely leisure related

thanks for your help

How many unlisted boards are there, like /qa/ and /trash/?

There used to be /fk/ - For Kids (though, posting was locked after like two weeks I think, and it only had a single sticky afterward- it was a blue board)

There used to be /z/ which was just a penis and bees

I could've sworn /old/ used to say 403 forbidden instead of the standard 404 not found

/test/ is the mod board IIRC

But everything above is gone now except /test/ which requires a log in. I believe the Scruffy the janitor screencap leaks from like 2014 were from /test/.

>Can you point my dumb ass in the right direction for figuring out more about what I can do if i wanna go down that route?

Well, for the drive:
- Pick the one with most warranty. WD Black has 3 years or so. WD Red may also have that much. But I found 5 year warranty ones too. HDD drives tend to fail after warranty is over (with normal use, so external drives will last longer I guess).
One of my WD Blacks started having bad sectors just a few weeks, it was 7 years old (1tb).
My Scorpio Black from my T500 still works, and the other 1Tb WD black still works in the same PC.

- I would just use one of these:
sharkoon.com/category/storage-solutions/docking-stations.aspx
Whatever they sell. I think they sell "SATA QuickPort XT HC" in my country, but as long as it's USB3.0 and has external power adapter, it will be fine.
Again, check shops for warranty. But I guess it will be just 1 year.

Other docks will do fine too, I have a metal housed Chieftec one, it still works.
But honestly, this pop-in, pop-out way is just much comfier.

> thanks for your help
np.

fsociety

what power bank specs should i be looking if i want to power raspberry pi

should i get compTIA network+ or cisco's ICND 1 for a cert?

Well, which pi?

Aukey banks are very good, and cheap.
They can be bought on ebay, aliexpress.

Now they can put out 5V 2.4A per port.
aukey.com/category/Power

And they have 30000mAh capacity.
And it's not expensive as I said.

But how long can it power the pi?
Thaaat is a very good question.

If you decide to do Cisco, make sure you do that "final exam" shit, when they call in these "experts" and it's a serious exam.
And even then you have to renew it IIRC?

Why do you even need it tho?

Help my PC is stuck at welcome screen.
Using Windows 7 Ultimate.
Tried downloading it again and making boot usb and running the startup repair thing but it didn't find any errors.
Could some hardware have died? How do I find out which one?

I have this dream of joining a software firm and leaking every peice of software it produces before it's released
I'm about to declare myself in CS, how realistic is my dream?
I think the fantasy is hurting my boss(es) while getting paid by them

Do SSDs take longer to read files? Or did something new happen in a Windows 10 update that messed with it?

Whenever I double click an image (Windows 10 Anniversary), it opens up in Windows Photo Viewer but there is a noticeable delay from the time I double click to the time it pops up on my screen. It even has the loading cursor. I just built the pc a few months ago and it's pretty decent. Using Samsung 850 EVO SSD, GTX 1070, lots of ram. The loading cursor lasts about a second and then the image pops up immediately no matter how big the file. I'm not sure if it has happened this entire time I've had the rig, I just seemed to notice it just now. Same wait time, even for png, and then it just loads the entire full image after one second.

what are you talking about, im asking should i except LTE to work without one of the bands my operator uses, my current phone is a nexus 5 which supports all the bands IIRC and i use LTE all the time with great signal

to put myself and my resume firmly over the "experience" gap, showing i have basic competences and a chain of progressive certs that reads on said resume

How do i start a fire without matches?

Run a linux live cd / usb. ( mint / ubuntu..etc ? )

once that runs you can check all the hardware and rule out any issue.

Imagine spending years learning to break into Fort Knox;

learning lock picking, stealth techniques, surveillance

Then after all that, taking a massive shit in the vault and then turning yourself in.

About as logical as that

I get it, but LTE still eats more power and provides almost zero benefits.

Well it replaced the welcome screen after some 20 min with a black screen with just the mouse showing.

If they are really looking for someone, does not matter, they would call you in anyhow and you have to prove yourself.

If it boots until then, your PC is fine.
Try safe mode?

They would find you. It's dumb.

> Windows Photo Viewer
Found the problem.
Also install "SSD Magician" and it will help you.

Buy a Note 7?

Can you tell me what's the controller board for a LQ156D1JX01 panel? link to ebay/amazon/ali(baba/express)/other EU-shipping sites?

fuck you, no spoonfeeding, faggot.
read the board rules.

Can't find it anywhere, at least give me a name faggot

Alright. Guy who was stuck at welcome screen. Windows finally booted after some 20 min. So the actual problem is PC taking an INCREDIBLY long time to turn on and load everything. Is my HDD dying?

well I copied your model number into Google and on the first hit I found some controller so I don't know what you are doing...

Run the repair cd a few times.

Run chkdsk and sfc /scannow from within the repair cd screen

run a disk checker utility like crystal disk and find out

also do this from within the command prompt, cmd, inside windows:

Safe mode broseph I told you for fuck's sake.
There is also a special safe mode that lets you select what to load.

This thing was common in the 98 / ME / XP era, and Safe Mode allows you to filter out the bullshit app that causes it to hang.

I've done that on duckduckgo and didn't find it, first result on google is panelook, so try helping me in some way or STFU

The problem is that everything takes such an incredibly long time to load I am not sure if it will be possible to even download it.

Jesus. DDG? Do you NOT want to find something?
It's like using Bing.

> Do you want to find something?
Google.
> Do you want to waste time and do nothing?
Bing, Yandex, DDG, Yahoo.

I like my privacy, and don't like my identity being sold to three letters agencies. I'm not on my pc so I'm not gonna set a vpn, and most of the time DDG and google results are the same

Good luck with the controller then.

I'll continue looking for it while hoping some non-faggot actually helps me, thanks for your time.

I'm having a problem with MPC-HC. I don't know if I noticed it just now and it was there all along or if it's a new issue.
The lower part of the video is constantly flickering and lagging behind the rest of the video (for a frame or so).
When I turn off madVR there's no such problem.
I followed the config guide on installgentoo.
Please help?

Aight so this is how it is.
Computer took 20 min or more to boot.
When it finally booted, pretty much nothing is working anyway. The taskbar is completly stuck, takes minutes to open anything and even then it doesn't really open.
Does this in safe mode too.
Can't really access the internet or even the command prompt since nothing is really loading. Doubt I would manage to install anything.
I am no expert but I am suspecting my HDD is at it's bitter end.
Anything I can do?

Subject #664453344 is searching for controllers again

TO THE VAN

Yes, run a hdd test from a live cd.
Backup and Reinstall windows

Quit starting over without linking your old posts for one thing.

Hey Cred Forumsuys, getting retardedly stuck during ubuntu installation at pic related. Booting from USB. Any ideas what could be causing this?

You could try running a disk check on your C drive.

xps 15 with matte 1080p screen or 4k touch screen? would prefer a 4k matte, nontouch screen but they only offer the 4k with a touch screen. need a better screen than my T430 for photo editing

I tried this as well, from the install cd snce it is impossible from within windows, and it tells me a system repair is pending and to restart.

what is the shitton of peers that never download anything?

is it crawlers, scrapers, trackers, and other information gatherers?

Look, not sure why your avoiding the livecd method. Its the quicket long term solution and could give you a working machine. Make one on that machine or a friends(kek) or an internet cafe.

i'm about to buy a nexus 6p with 128 gb
can someone explain if this device can play music in the background?

i understand that youtube cannot be played in the background because they implemented a subscription to allow this feature, but what about the default music player or opening soundcloud in a browser?

will the music still play if i open another window?

you need vsync I think.

Just run "smartctl -a /dev/sda" from any linux live cd and you will see the smart data for your hdd.

I have never seen anything like this.
It's not an Ubuntu error, it's... a BIOS issue?
Something deep.

Screen size have absolutely NOTHING to do with quality.
Check reviews on "Notebookcheck" for each model.
A 1080p panel can beat the 4K one very easily in terms of quality.

So no, 4k != quality. Beat that out of your head ASAP.

Could you please provide a livecd guide for utter idiots please? I have no idea what I am doing really.

4k is pretty much pointless on a laptop. Look for an IPS screen that has good sRGB ratings.

Probably just seeders who never downloaded the entire torrent.

lifehacker.com/5774997/getting-started-with-linux-how-to-install-linux-on-your-computer

How do you change the bell sound made by the PC speaker when outputting the ASCII BEL character (\a) to the terminal?

Not BIOS, Ubuntu. The violet background shows Ubuntu logo after hitting enter once, and then after hitting it again goes to a "boot:" prompt, after which it goes back to the original picture.
Pretty weird stuff, yeah.

>Probably just seeders who never downloaded the entire torrent.
it is a single .avi file, I should have mentioned

howtogeek.com/howto/31804/the-10-cleverest-ways-to-use-linux-to-fix-your-windows-pc/

Then your client is probably reporting things wrong.

Can I use the thread watcher on other people's posts? If I see a post in a thread I want to follow I would like to be notified of new posts on it. Is this possible?

NSA.
Also they might connect to others, not you.
Not everyone seeds to everyone.

You can of course play shit in the background with browsers, apps, whatever.
Just like any other Android device.
It will have this notification line above and play your shit.

a.cuntflaps.me/lqeqxw.webm
(No idea about the site just google'd "pomf alternative".)

Still that's nothing like Ubuntu or GRUB, or the kernel.
It looks like GRUB or the kernel does something that your BIOS/motherboard does not like and it shits errors on your screen.
I am not making this up. But no worry, it's not harmful, but you do need a new distro that will work.

yes, it's part of Cred Forums x, the most popular script for 4chang.
github.com/ccd0/Cred Forums-x

there is this too, if you are a greasy pedophile:
zixaphir.github.io/appchan-x/
it's got drawn little girls and stuff.

Thank you friends. I waited 20 min to load into safe mode with command prompt and the sfc thing is running now. Will tell how that works out. Meanwhile I am downloading ubuntu to make a live usb.

I know that Cred Forums X has it, but it's only for your own posts or entire threads. I want single posts by other people.

when ubuntu opens run memtest and diskcheck as per this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/317241/can-i-use-ubuntu-to-diagnose-hard-drive-or-ram-problems-in-windows

oh shit, sorry.
good luck!

Anyone?
It seems like it, but I have no idea if you can actually "enable" it in MPC-HC/MadVR

Thanks, but it's the same for me.
I guess I'll just try reinstalling everything

How can I get MS Office pack for free™?

try google with "force vsync mpc-hc" or something like that.

go away MS, everyone knows how to do it, so fuck off. nice bait tho.

oh and you have "tearing", its called tearing.

It finished I guess and said Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. What does it mean?

thanks so much user, this is my first android device

Going to buy a cheap new laptop mainly for some light PC games and schoolwork.

I'm not sure if I should buy a PC or not and how good I should make it if I don't play it much right now. I could buy a console for like 1/3 of the price of a PC so I don't know desu. What do?

i have headless debian 8 server, i have installed deluge, after restarting system, i cant connect to deluge-web but service status returns that it works, after restarting service i can connect, how do i fix that?

oh and you have "tearing", its called tearing.
Holy shit user thanks so much
Found the solution on google that way. I needed to enable Aero

Why the 6P though? It's your choice though.

If you do a contract, the LG V20 might be worth checking out.
Also the S7 Edge.
If it's not on contract, the LG G4, and the V10 is cheap.

Just saying.

>go away MS, everyone knows how to do it, so fuck off. nice bait tho.

Not MS here, please tell me my friend. Or at least point me a direction.

Sometimes when I play games and ALT-TAB, my monitor loses signal and I have to hard reset the computer.

Why does this happen? Is my computer dying?

ONLY buy a laptop with an i3 or i5.
DO NOT BUY the "U" CPU fitted ones.
They are piss fucking weak.

And a cheapo laptop is like 600 bucks.
Throw in 100-200 more, then you can buy an ASUS ROG laptop with a GTX950m or so.
Which is perfect for light gaming.

Just an idea.
A friend of mine bought an ACER Nitro recently, he also wanted something very cheap.

> inb4 you don't need power
An U is so weak, even Youtube takes a while to load. Even Facebook lags to scroll.
Look up scores and shit. Also "Notebookcheck" is invaluable.

> Console

PC is randomly freezing till I force reboot. Then, sometimes it will turn on, nothing appears on the monitor, then it turns itself off about 10 seconds later. I got a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error when I tried to boot into windows. Gnu/linux worked for a little bit before freezing. The first time it happened my screen went black but the pc stayed on.

I have memtest downloaded and will try swapping out the sticks, as searching that error lead me to believe it was something to do with ram, any other advice?

did you run memtest

I'm going to, I have no net atm so I downloaded it at a friend's house

That your install is fine.
If you check your HDD and that's also fine, your installation is just fucked you need to full reinstall it.
Windows can also "upgrade" or "refresh" it, it will work but it will not be perfect.

> console
Costs less, indeed.
Then the games cost more. They are usually 10-20 sometimes even 40$ more.
Then you have to pay for the online membership.
And last but not least, you need a display for it.

If your friends play console though, you should buy a console.

np mate, have fun.

> tell me friend
1) grab ISO from a trusted place.
2) install
3) grab kmspico or "microsoft toolkit" from trusted place.

No, your display is fucked up.
If this happens, and you press the POWER BUTTON, once, gently... does your PC shut down?
If yes, your PC is fine, the monitor is shit.
Try windowed mode for games? Borderless windowed?

Sounds like power supply problem.
But memtest is first. IF nothing pops up in memtest for hours, your ram is fine. It is a PSU issue.
Buy a new PSU, brand-less ones are like 20$, but they wont last for a decade. But who cares anyway.

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking it could possibly be power, will give that a go

) grab ISO from a trusted place.
>2) install
>3) grab kmspico or "microsoft toolkit" from trusted place.
Thank you kind user.

Can I make an HTML file, stored locally, that links to another locally stored HTML file, such that when I click the link, it opens in the browser I'm using? To that extent, could I make a wiki that is entirely private?

Sorry if I'm making egregious presumptions or lacking clarity; just trying to start a personal project, and I don't have a lot of programming experience.

This Windows refresh is there when you boot the Windows disc.
Click next, next, and there is an "Upgrade" and "Install".

It's very hard to diagnose PSU, but two easy tests are here:
- Furmark
- Prime 95

The spike usually kills a shit PSU.
But, again, not always.
If it's old, noname, it is a good suspect.
My friend had an XFX die on him just recently, so ...yeah.
The chance is always there.

No probs, but really, make sure it's a trusted source.
Wait a sec.. I can probably link you the Office 2016 online installer exe.. sec

>No, your display is fucked up.
If this happens, and you press the POWER BUTTON, once, gently... does your PC shut down?
If yes, your PC is fine, the monitor is shit.
Try windowed mode for games? Borderless windowed?

Thanks for the reply. I did not try pressing the power button once gently but I will try this the next time it happens.

I can give you the ISO if that helps for "Home Premium".
It's 2.6 gig, will take me a while to upload.
IF you need.

Yes, you can.
Your HTML can point to local files too.

But you can install "LAMP" or "WAMP" and have your 100% own server running.
Then you can install MediaWiki or whatever on it, and go crazy.
Whatever you prefer.

Will a QX6800 bottleneck a 750ti, or could it go slightly higher without bottlenecking?

It would help me so much if you could do it. If it won't trouble you, please do it.

>I did not try pressing the power button once gently but I will try this the next time it happens.
On any "ACPI" computer (past-2000-ish?) it will do a clean shutdown.
Of course it can fail if you have "Notepad" open with unsaved files, for example.
You know when it asks you "do you want to save it?"

So just run only the game, tab out, test power button.

Depends on the game.
Most f2p games are VERY CPU bound.
And the ones that are not, are usually not so GPU heavy.

I say they are a good match.
If you want like Blade&Soul? That shit will lag on a 4770K too.
Want Witcher 3? You need a 1080TI to have 60FPS on 1080p.

So yeah.
Overwatch, BF4 and the rest just werks fine.

Damn, thanks for the quick and helpful response guys

Also which one?
2016? 2013? 2010?
If 2016: 32-bit, or 64-bit?

2016, 64-bit, please.

Ok, 10 minutes and it's up.
There are also other languages if you need that.

English's fine. Thank you!

NAS with RAID

Why is everyone saying that systemd is terrible? Is there any better alternatives?

MEGA got like 10x slower after the chinese took over...
Post a throwaway email meanwhile, google it if you dont know whats that.

>Is there any better alternatives?
No, systemd killed them.

Why did one of my hard drives completely clear itself? And the boot order switched to the blank hard drive?

I don't know what's going on.

what's the best way to backup windows machine and & files (documents) to a nas ? system restore won't do the job i think, since the file versions are left up to date, just the system files get restored, right ? 3rd party tool like robocopy ? It's not for me, have to set it up for a friend of my boss. It has to regularly back up/copy let's say bookkeeping to the nas.

thx

Crashplan?
It can do offsite backups and shit. And that part is free.
If you are not cheap, Acronis is also simple, powerful, works.

BIOS reset itself?
This could happen when you switch from "IDE" to "AHCI" or "RAID" in BIOS.
But it shouldn't clear shit.

I would "dd" the affected drive from a live distro, then try some gparted/parted black magic to create a new NTFS in the same place or something.

Any cheap laptop recs for anime and basic document editing? (No chromebooks please)

It's strange, I didn't do shit. It was fine when I left last night and when I came back this morning it was kill. The only interference with the computer inbetween was my sister using it to watch a movie, and a Windows update. I don't see how my sister could have managed such catastrophic loss.

memepad / thinkmeme

Okay I checked the HDD SMART thing and it said that Disk is OK.
Don't know how to run the memtest. On load I should have several options including run memtest but I only have try ubuntu or install ubuntu.

Is it a bad idea to order them from ebay?

While booting hold down the 'Shift' key until you see the grub menu with load ubuntu, memtest etc

[email protected]

Sorry for taking too long to answer.

SISTER YOUR MOVIES ARE KILLING THE COMPUTOR

>go to college
>amazed by how many hp laptops I see
Why are people so fucking retarded?
Hp looks like shit, is overpriced, and is fragile. Why is it the choice of the masses?
I know this doesn't belong in this thread, but at least I'm not a dumbfuck wasting a thread on memeshit

Eclipse or NetBeans?

will send, but its at like 81%.

Eclipse if you have to do SWT.
It's also got some very nice plugins, I worked in it for a year.
Learning curve is really steep. The basics are ok, but then the hotkey, the mastering of everything is hard.
Also plugins can be outdated.

Netbeans is easy and stays simple>
It's better if you work with Swing.

For regular Java work I would use IntelliJ now probably, dunno.

That's fine, thank you.

I need to do a fresh install of windows 10,
how do i get the cd-key if it was from a windows 7/8 upgrade?

I have this power adaptor that gets 110V/220V AC and delivers 3V, 4.5V, 6V, 7.5V, 9V or 12V DC. But it has a problem: the 4.5V (only I tested) oscillates so much it reaches 10V. I believe this would fuck completely the devices I could connect to it, so I didn't connected.

I opened, and saw this inside. What is wrong?

BTW, it smells good.

well fuck me, here is the official MS mirror, tested them, SHA matches.
heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/8-office-2016-direct-download-links

You are better off with this than using the MEGA chink botnet.
I will drop you the activator.

Just use the old key?
If it's OEM/baked in, it will not ask for a key at all.

no load

Maybe because it can be found easily?

The activator works only with the "Home Premium"?

I don't get. The tensions would stabilize if I connected some device consuming the supplied energy? Why? Why it can only be stable on this case?

No. IIRC it works with Enterprise / VL / Pro / HomePremium.
And you should download the Pro version from that link.

I disabled WPS on my router due to it being completely insecure. Will I be OK?

why not?
I think its like ...0.000001% of the population who uses it.

I'm incredibly dumb, should I choose "Project 2016 Professional" or "Visio 2016 Professional"? The others throw me to the Amazon website to buy the product.

My question isn't due to legitimate use, but due to invasions on my Wi-Fi network.

learning MATLAB for uni and one thing is sort of bugging me, is there any way to make it not print out a variable every time it's incremented?
For instance, i'm making a very simple for loop where a variable called 'balance' increases. Every time the for loop runs, the command window displays 'balance = [new value]' even without a print command. How can i stop it doing this?

Oh god son.
Professional Retail:
officecdn.microsoft.com/db/492350F6-3A01-4F97-B9C0-C7C6DDF67D60/media/en-US/ProfessionalRetail.img

Home and Business:
officecdn.microsoft.com/db/492350F6-3A01-4F97-B9C0-C7C6DDF67D60/media/en-US/HomeBusinessRetail.img

Just grab the Professional. Install it. Use the link I sent you.

Thank you so much, user. You're my savior.

How do I cast a uint8_t/uint_8 division to a double without it just converting to 1.0000?

btw if you ever decide to buy it, Office 365 Home gives you 5 full copies of Office that you can share, 1TB of Onedrive space, 60 minutes of Skype each month.
It's like 10$ a month.
But then again, that's 120$ a year, so fuck it.

I think this should go into the programming threads.
Also I would try using dark magic.

>I think this should go into the programming threads.
I would, but
>This is /dpt/, the best subreddit of Cred Forums
Replying to /dpt/s with this as the OP is cancer

>that's 120$ a year, so fuck it.
Yeah, and I already got 200GB Onedrive space, and I'm not even close to using all of that. I didn't knew that I would get those full copies. Maybe, someday I'll buy it.

When I run ubuntu off of live usb, can I access the HDD and whatnot and move files or do I have to be in windows for it? Or basically, since it looks like I will have to reinstall windows, how do I backup all my stuff on the HDD?

Yes you can.
How do you backup?
Drag and drop files and folders.

For full backup:
Use "CloneZilla". It's a live disc made for this purpose.
It will need 1:1 space on target.

BUT HONESTLY?
Use "Acronis live disc".
You can pirate it if you are greasy.
It can deduplicate, compress, and even encrypt the backup.
Fucking comfy.
> inb4 piratefag
I have a copy legit, bought it for my company.

i was looking at motherboards with 1151 socket and noticed that every single one has "crossfire" in description but no "sli", i tought maybe its something wrong on the stores website but then i saw msi z170 SLI mobo and it has "sli compatibility" in description. Other motherboards do not support sli? Shilling on motherboards is a thing once again?

meh, go on pcpartspicker, and there is a filter literally for SLI.

I need a program that converts flac to mp3

I'm too dumb to use command line anything

But I cannot actually seem to access the files on the HDD.
I am running ubuntu from a USB and doing the try ubuntu option.
It only seems to show the stuff that is on the USB disk and that's it.
Could it be because I just installed windows on the HDD without any partitioning?

>I need a program that converts flac to mp3
>I'm too dumb to use command line anything

Use ffmpeg.

FormatFactory is the best for this stuff.
Idiotproof and free.

Bump

Nvm fixed it. Had to mount it.
Anyway, those things you have mentioned, how do I run them with this ubuntu thing? Is it even possible? I can't really access windows and I need to backup my whole HDD using only the ubuntu live USB and an external HDD.
How do I go around this?

Why do GIMP takes roughly 12 seconds to start on my machine on Windows but less than 2 seconds on Debian? Same version, same brushes and fonts (shared folders).

what is the difference between cygwin and this new "Linux on windows"-thing?

What is bloat

So I'm looking for a laptop just to be able to browse the internet and work on documents, so that I don't have to always sit at my desk when at home and so I can do some shit on the train. How feasible is it to put linux on some older macbook and use it for that? I've some fairly good deals lately, like a 2007 black macbook that was fitted with 4gb ram for like 110 euro.

X220 thinkpad
one of the good chromebooks

Baby don't herd me,
don't herd me,
No more.

X220's go for 200 euro or more over here, and that's the ones without any extras. I'm hesitant to pay that much for one.

How do I tell the good chromebooks from the bad ones?

Well dont buy anything below 4gb ram and 32gb mSSD

Also make sure its an Intel cpu as they can take linux

zipso.net/chromebook-specs-comparison-table/

I'm forwarding ports, but when I check whether it's open on those online portchecking sites it shows up as closed

>have to set up one port to be forwarded on this PC via udp & tcp, let's call it 12345
>set static IP on PC, set default gateway to router's IP, dns to default, dns to google dns
>go to router control panel, setup port range 12345-12345 for both tcp and udp
>saved changes
>check port 12345, says its closed

What am I missing here?

>Windows
Found the cause. Now, go to

Is there a way to make my mouse enter from one side of my monitor when I drag her out the other side? Imagine two monitors, but the both are one

You make sure your external drive AND the drive windows is on are both loaded. But if you're having such a hard time, you can use a Windows PE disk instead. It's a like a live disk running windows

windowsmatters.com/2016/05/13/gandalfs-windows-10pe-x64-threshold-2-build-10586-version-05-13-2016/

Better analogy: imagine a cylindrical monitor. Left and right sides are connected.

Thanks sempai.

How come thinkpads are so much cheaper in the us anyway? Electronics in general are more expensive here in europe, but the price hike of the thinkpads is pretty ridiculous.

A lot of the sites in google look shady

Can you link me to the official site?

I have a Radeon HD 5770 which is literally a thousand years old and need to upgrade. What's a good mid range GPU or does anyone have a chart with prices?

Why are DDoS attacks still a problem?

GTX 1060/RX 480.

GTX 1070 if you can afford it.

The most recent was a 1TBps attack from a security camera botnet

Im not asking when was the last one, im asking why they are still a problem.

Why there isnt a cheap effective solution against them yet, they have a thing for years.

Any websites like overthewire that let you go through real programming/reverse engineering exploits?

cloudflare

Because programming. If there was, you wouldn't be able to get packets from websites because your router would think every website is DoSing you. They happen so fast, and depending on how the attack is programmed (like SYN attacks, etc.), they trip up the router into thinking it's a legitimate request

I said cheap.

Dell XPS 15 vs Asus ZenBook Pro?

its free for most attack prevention

xps. asus has shit build quality and tons of botnet built in.

pcfreetime.com/
Here you go mate I think I got it from here.

rx 480/gtx 1060 will run almost all games max settings on 1080p but there is also rx 470/460 if you really want budget.

softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/Mousinity.shtml

What's your resolution, budget, and at what settings level do you want to play games?

Do you have any service listening on port 12345? If not then theres nothing to check and it'll see it as closed.

Ignore any unnecessary tripfags.

Thanks guys gonna get the 480

thanks, user

Where did you find checksums for the retail versions?

i'm trying to make a youtube video from smaller clips of different sizes in linux and I keep failing, losing audio, getting errors when resizing clips tried ffmpeg avidemux ffmulticonverter avconv. is there a shell script to brute force this, convert all videos to images and all audio to a common format and convert everything to video again?

Does someone here speaks spanish?
I got a code in C with a lot strings, variables and comments written in spanish.
It's almost done but i got some mistakes (specially on some outputs).
I can't put the code here since it's too long.

Hi,i need a good torrent page, i used to ise kickass torrent but now that its closed i dont know where i should go.

cellphone sceen broke but phone still turns on
is there a way to display it on my computer screen?
i dont think i have adb debugging enabled but its rooted and has a custom os

thepiratebay.org/

BUILD A WALL
BUILD A WALL
extratorrent
thepiratebay
manufacturer, model?

samsung, a500m with resurrection remix installed 5.7.3 if im right

then you're probably shit out of luck. replace the screen or buy a new phone. if you dont have debugging enabled then i dont believe theres a way to access the core system without physical device input

No wall can be build here

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

So I'm trying to move the entire installation of an amazon AWS instance to another AWS instance. I'd basically do the following but the local and remote sync folders would be the root folder, right?
rsync -avz /path/to/local/sync/folder -e "ssh -i /path/to/ssh/key" ubuntu@ec2instance:/path/to/remote/sync/folder
Would it work if I just moved the root folder? Would there be booting issues on the new instance?

How come it's not politically correct to make fun of gays anymore?

Is it possible to find the number of duplicates between two arrays in less than O(n^2) time?

If the arrays are sorted, and items in each array are unique, then you could do it in O(n) I think.

ok, filtered

yeah was thinking the same
o well

Are any of the "dash buttons" on Amazon actually worth it? Seems to me like most of the time when you get typical household necessity items from there they are often overpriced. (On the main site anyway, Prime Now usually has better prices but they pressure you into paying a tip which can kind of negate it.)

im about to build my first pc, but i dont want to pay $100+ for an OS. If i buy a cheap $10 from craiglist or something, is there a way i can transfer windows from that hard drive to my new one?

How much extra graphics power is required to run on 2560x1440 compared to 1080p?
The vast majority of my usage will be my IDE (IntelliJ and Visual Studio) and SQL Developer, with some WoW peppered in.

I have a 760 right now and I get ~70fps on Ultra for WoW.

monitor keeps randomly losing signal to the pc, only way to fix is to reset the pc.

whats causing this?

gtx980

Look for a torrent metasearch. You can search dozens of sites at once with one of these.

If it's an OEM, then it'll have the license number written on the sticker.
Do a fresh install on the your build, then just enter the license written on the sticker.

What exactly do you need? The translation of the comments?

Are your drivers crashing?
Does your card stop?
Do you have enough power?

Run a benchmark and see if it causes your card to cut out.

How can I make a box that blocks phone signals?

Is taking a metal box and lining with multiple layers of foil enough?

How to be anonymous on IRC?
Will Tails linux distro really help with this?

Read this first:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_Cage

microwave is not enough I learned

Is there software out there that can put my Spotify library into a spreadsheet?

Just pulled the trigger on ATH M50X. What am I in for

How hard is it to replace the backlight in a macbook air? I know someone who's selling theirs for cheap because their backlight is busted.

I don't know if you know Scheme, but would this:
(define (dupchk a b)
(define (chk a1 b1 n)
(cond ((or (null? a1) (null? b1)) n)
((< (car a1) (car b1))
(chk (cdr a1) b1 n))
((= (car a1) (car b1))
(chk (cdr a1) (cdr b1) (+ n 1)))
((> (car a1) (car b1))
(chk a1 (cdr b1) n))))
(chk (sort a

Are 120mm fans for my hard drives a good investment?

Latest Win10 update has left my computer freezing here 9/10 times on startup. I've noticed forcing a boot into safe mode bypasses this. Wtf is going on and how do fix

AVG is incompatible with Windows 10, it looks like.
The official answer on their forums is "remove AVG."

support.avg.com/answers?id=906b0000000LSQ2AAO

So as the wise Cred Forums says:
Backup
Format
Reinstall

How do I merge an anime episode with multiple chapters (OP and ED) into a single mkv file?

Have now discovered that disconnecting my wireless mouse completely stops this from occurring. What the fuck?

Use literally any video editin software. I recommend finding a powerful enough one such that it won't crash when it tries to export something longer than thirty minutes

Copying the contents of the drive itself sometimes works, but the license not so much. You could call the activation hotline and try to claim you're replacing your mobo, but it's not hard to just buy a cheap license off kinguin. Or pirate.

Those aren't very resource intensive things. An Rx 480 should do everything pretty smoothly either way, but if you want to max out more intensive games you would probably want a 1070 for 1440p.

torrentproject.se/

thepiratebay.org/
extratorrent.cc/
rarbg.to/
yts.ag/
1337x.to/

Warm sound. Meaning that it's not a completely accurate and neutral rendering of the original audio. Emphasizes high and particularly low end. But it's not nearly as bad as beats. I like it, some people don't. If you prefer a little power over absolute clarity they're nice.

ACCESS MODIFIERS FOR JAVA

Java allows you to make properties of a class private, but when you're inheriting that class, the property needs to be made protected so that the subclass is able to access it. However, making it protected also makes the property available to everything within the same package. How do I make properties available just with the class inheritance hierarchy and nowhere else?

lots of small files.
not trolling.

is there a command for fffmpeg I could use? It's the software I'm the most familiar with, just tried mkvtoolnix but it didn't work

Protected makes it so it's only accessible to itself and child classes.
No access modifier is the "package" modifier.

e.g.:
int dildo is available to only Dildos and classes that extend Dildos.

package penis;

public class Dildos {
protected int dildo = 5;
}

int dildo is available to all classes in the 'penis' package.

package penis;

public class Dildos {
int dildo = 5;
}

no, I actually speak spanish and it would take me so much time to translate it that I need some other spanish speaker to understand it and help me

any downsides to downsizing from ATX to a micro ATX form factor?

are you supposed to leave o&o shut up on all the time?

No access modifier makes it available to anything within the package. Putting protected makes it available to everything inside the package but also means that subclasses from outside of that package are able to access the property as well.

I'm trying to set up dnscrypt + unbound, and I'm running into trouble when I try to change dnscrypt-proxy.socket's listening port to 40 with a drop in file:
[Socket]
ListenStream=
ListenDatagram=
ListenStream=127.0.0.1:40
ListenDatagram=127.0.0.1:40

Dnscrypt works with the default 53, but when I use this drop in, i'm unable to connect to or ping any domains. i can ping their ips, however.

yo Cred Forums
my building uses RFID cards for all our locks
if I get an NFC ring like this:
store.nfcring.com/products/v1ntage
can I program it to open my doors?

The obvious stuff. Less ports, more crowding. But as long as your GPU and everything fits, the form factor itself doesn't make much difference.

Nah. Just run once. It's the same for most of those win10 settings and privacy programs.

hello I'm from Cred Forums and I dont usually visit other boards but I got sent here because some other Cred Forumstard said that you guys know how to hack in java
my class in school (im 18) is learning to program in java at the moment and I want to hack my teachers computer for the lulz xD
any tips you guys can give me? I already know how to make shutdown.bat viruses and stuff, so Im not completely inexperienced I think. Cred Forumstard out!

What's the best way to manage passwords? I feel like it's time I move away from using the same password for everything.

my friend swears by lastpass
personally I don't have anything worth guarding that much, so I just switch up every 6 months or so

how do i run chkdsk when computer wont start because of "load needed DLLs for kernel"

which one?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834319559&ignorebbr=1

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA42K4T48290&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Notebooks-_-9SIA42K4T48290&gclid=CJfGoPT7vM8CFVKPfgodDBcNAg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm sure that x230 has a 1366 screen

There are many kinds of RFID, you'd need to figure out what kind your building uses and see if you can get a programmable card and programmer to match.

I need a new battery for my t420. Is it worth it to buy Lenovo brand, or should I get some shitty Chinese crap? Recommendations appreciated, thanks

its a fuckin t420. buy the chinese shit for 15 bucks and replace it in a year. you could probably buy a whole new machine from an auction for 80 bucks.
x-series
boot up to a winPE disk and run it. that said, it's probably not the issue
meme

what could the issue be with my computer then? I have tried to run multiple different iso images from linux to windows xp and they dont boot.

Don't know Scheme really (touched on it super briefly in university but not enough that I'd remember much of use), but I think that's close to what I was thinking. Kind of like

while (x < array1.length && y < array2.length) {
if (array1[x] > array2[y]) {
y++;
}
else if (array1[x] < array2[y] {
x++;
}
else {
x++;
y++;
n++;
}
}

With x, y, and n being initialized to 0 before the loop and n holding the number of duplicates at the end of the loop.

Though note that as I said, this is worthless if both arrays aren't already sorted using the same sorting type.

How do I achieve this wavy effect? Is it done in Audacity?
youtube.com/watch?v=T43RtjNZFw0

Lastpass for cloud passwords, keepassX for offline. Neither has a perfect track record for security, but in general they're safer than going without, and way easier.

That 12.5" screen is pretty rough, but otherwise the X230 is obviously more power for less.

So you have a pretty old computer, right? Windows XP is your installed OS, and it's been working OK until now? What happens when you try to boot up linux? Was your live cd 32 bit? Have you been trying to boot of of USB or DVD?

Any reason to use keepassX over keepass2?

Nah. On windows Keepass2 works well.

redpill me the difference/s between/with .msi and .exe installers?

so i figure it might be my psu. i changed the cables for the gpu to the ones that are hardwired into the psu as opposed to the ones you plug in on both ends. been playing for an hour now with no drops.

What are the best networking tool apps for android? I have a few networks I want to monitor.

I'm about to build my own PC for gaming. I don't play as much as I used too but on those occasions I do its getting pretty demoralizing to scroll shit down to between low and medium.

Should I bother with a disc drive at all?

I know Windows 10 ships on USB sticks if you (((buy))) it. How easy is Windows 10 to pirate? If I'm doing this I want DirectX12 and all that as well. If I take my Windows 10 product key from the current machine and use it on my new build won't that technically be legit anyway? That utility I used from Microsoft to create Windows 7 boot discs doesn't seem to want to create Windows 10 boot USBs, is there an easy way to do that?

Alright, here's the rub. I'm trying to transfer files (MTP) to my Samsung Galaxy S6 from my PC (windows). I've transferred files a million times before (mp4, mp3, gifs, jpgs, pdfs, et cetera).

The computer doesn't recognise my device.

I'm using the USB chord that came with my device, the phone is charging, and I've indicated "Use USB for" file transfers.

Is it a driver issue?

I've had this phone for 4 months, and I've never, ever had a problem doing this before with my PC and my phone.

>>That's the only option. It will get overwritten at next boot though. There is a /etc/default/grub.conf but it's for timing and such, not names.

There's a package in Fedora's "Software" named "Gnome Packages." Search "Grub Customzer" once Gnome Packages is installed.

Oh shit, what's the program that displays your windows product key? Mine wore off the bottom of my laptop.

stackoverflow.com/questions/1789530/what-are-the-specific-differences-between-msi-and-setup-exe-file

"An MSI is a Windows Installer database. Windows Installer (a service installed with Windows) uses this to install software on your system (i.e. copy files, set registry values, etc...).

A setup.exe may either be a bootstrapper or a non-msi installer. A non-msi installer will extract the installation resources from itself and manage their installation directly. A bootstrapper will contain an MSI instead of individual files. In this case, the setup.exe will call Windows Installer to install the MSI.

Some reasons you might want to use a setup.exe:

Windows Installer only allows one MSI to be installing at a time. This means that it is difficult to have an MSI install other MSIs (e.g. dependencies like the .NET framework or C++ runtime). Since a setup.exe is not an MSI, it can be used to install several MSIs in sequence.
You might want more precise control over how the installation is managed. An MSI has very specific rules about how it manages the installations, including installing, upgrading, and uninstalling. A setup.exe gives complete control over the software configuration process. This should only be done if you really need the extra control since it is a lot of work, and it can be tricky to get it right. "

>Redpill

Really? An msi is an installer packaged in such a way that windows can unpack and install it automatically using it's own installer program. An exe is it's own program, and can play by it's own rules. It generally takes more work to make an exe, but options for what it can do are more flexible.

Most people get by fine without dvd drives these days, especially if you never buy physical copies of games. You can download windows easily

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/

rufus.akeo.ie/

Pirating isn't hard, but microsoft could potentially crack down on the current methods some day

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

If your current machine is an OEM, the license technically isn't legal to transfer, but if you link it to your microsoft account and claim you're just replacing a damaged motherboard you might be able to pass it off.

windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change

nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Considering Microsoft is starting to crack down and sue people with pirated copies of Windows, what is the best version I should buy to avoid this risk? Are there any deals going on right now?

Any idea how to get the damn laptop gpu to turn on for madVR?

Generally for backups is it better to get a prebuilt NAS like the WD Mycloud or should I build a small PC and put some HDDs in there? I'm thinking of just buying a Mycloud something since I'd assume they have lower power consumption CPUs in there than using old PC parts I have laying around so it'd be better in the long run.

synology

Ubuntu Mate

Nah I actually need my computer for more than just Facebook/email so Linux isn't an option.

Where can you find desktops on the side of the street with reasonably new hardware in them? Most of the computers I find are Pentium 4 dinosaurs, the newest ones were a Core 2 Duo and an AMD dual core. Do I need to move out of bumfuck nowhere to find reasonably new computers in the trash?

out of the loop on HDD market since windows 98

buying seagate/wdd 3TB HDD okay or nay?

don't be a little bitch
what do you actually need it for?

no, you just have to drive out of bumfuck nowhere for an afternoon.

for best results, advertise "free electronics recycling" in the nearest somewhat-populated area. better their shit goes to you than gets picked over by third-world orphans.

Shit, that's a good idea. Thanks, I'll do that.

I use my computer primarily for エロゲ.

I have a wireless mouse for my laptop
I'm using linux
there's a button behind the scroll wheel that changes the functions of the back/forward buttons
how can I edit this

New Thread

Deals? Not really unless you're a student. I don't think microsoft's really putting their foot down that much on home users, but kinguin sells cheap keys.

Do people still pop their collar?

If you connect your phone and try running
adb devices [\code]
If the output is waiting for devices, you need to configure your adb correctly.
If you want to get around it, run sudo

Download and use the insider previews

So, why don't you ask the developers to translate?