/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

monsterwatches.nl
seiyajapan.com/collections/orient/products/orient-star-classic-mechanical-wz0251el
streamable.com/jqz4
jomashop.com/omega-watch-21230412003001.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for based Tudor.

The difference is that one is more tightly supervised, enough to be considered to be "Made in Japan".

Even though the laws on it are rather nonrestrictive.

I've decided to save for one of the new Rolex Explorers.

>new Explorer

Cheapest Suunto but boy is it great.

Why can't Seiko design something as nice as this? :-(

NTH FOR CHINESE

They do, and they do a better job.

I would have bought this instantly if it's not 43mm huge. Like what the fuck? 41mm is already the perfect size so why muck around with the diameter?

Fucking fanboys.

You can call it that if you want, but that doesn't make it not true.

Yes those are words

>my subjective opinion is more true than the other projected subjective opinion
ok.

Blame the Asians.

Good starter watch?

Should be relatively easy for a noob like me to put a leather strap on it or some natos?

Reddit memes this watch to death but they're a bunch of autists anyway.

>they're a bunch of autists anyway.
As are we.

But yes, it's a fine watch. Very well suited as a daily beater on a low budget.

>tfw no

>sprong drive
Meme movement, Marine Mustard is much better bang for buck and an actual mechanical movement

>tfw when that itch for a new watch

Already got rid of the green semi working LM special and the black resin block. And my consideration is between a used black NY0040, brand new Orient GMT or a cheap Poljot automatic.

>tfw when that itch for a new watch
I know that feeling. And I have a bad one right now.
I have about €2000 standing on my bank account that don't have allotted to anything.. And they just seem so.. Wasted on nothingness.

What do?

Depends, do you have a certain style that you're looking for?

Or just an itch with no general direction?

>Or just an itch with no general direction?
This. Been thinking about a Sinn.

>daily beater
It will die.

Well, assuming were going by the 2k euroshekels budget i'd get one of the newer 240 or perhaps a more traditional/Military styled chronograph like the 144 St Sa.

Also, pic related for said Orient GMT. I'd love to invest in decent chronograph as well, but for the next two years or so beaters is all i can wear.

I bought all these with food stamps. Did I do good?

Just bought one of these for $120, what can I expect /wt/?

Save another $2700 and you'll have yourself a shiny new Rolex

>it even tells time

Define great…

I'm looking for an altimeter for hiking, climbing, skiing and such, and I quite like the look of the suuntos, but I'm not sure if they are any good. Also: battery life?

>Vostok Europe
Meh…
They have quite a few nice looking things, but the combination of Vostok and Europe triggers my inner autist.
Their whole "story" has a certain fashion brand vibe to me.

What model is that Seiko?

More like another way to milk slavboo normies, like Poljot International with their many fantasy models that have nothing to do with Soviet heritage.

A SKX007 mememaster.

They use Vostok movements that are better regulate and less prone to QC issues in interesting designs that are either modern, vintage esque or fashion tier with "historical" names.

Also they use Seiko movements, particularly being the first to use the SII NE88 movement.

You can expect that it will tell the time like 100% of other watches.

It has ugly hands if you ask me.

Post the watch of your dreams.

I'm a simple man.

I dream of so many things…
I quite like some of Mühle Glashüttes stuff

Or, staying in Glashütte, maybe this fantastic Nomos thing

But I really shouldn't spend thousands on a watch, since I already blew a mediocre Rolex worth of money on travel this year, so if anything at all, I'll probably stick with the russians, to give my memephibia some company.

Or maybe a Seiko monster or that chinese airforce watch.

You'd better get the Monster while they are still cheaply available.

The 307 is already rising in price.

I have a satellite uplinked phone

Whoops, just checked the prices.
In Euroland, they are 250€+ on Amazon.
Currently in Canada, where they are a tad cheaper, but I dont have an adress here, so I would need to get it at a brick and mortar shop.

Anyone happen to know some good shops in Vancouver?

Looks wise, I'm interested in SRP315, SRP581K1 and SRP311J1

As much as I like looking at it, they screwed up the steppings. Or rather: It would really grind my oats if I were to spend a few thousand bucks on it.

I mean the fact that Berlin sits at the 0:30 mark but is in fact 1 hour ahead of London. They didn't screw up, but the radial distance on the watch doesn't mesh with the difference in timezone.

Excellent choice

hnggg

In Euroland i got my cheapo snzf17j from monsterwatches.nl

Is the Casio DW5600E a good watch? I was thinking of throwing a black NATO strap on it.

What's the best place to get the Casio adapter for NATO straps?

Any hublot fans here?

a man can only dream

no. we are all gentlemen of refined taste.

Is there such a thing?

Yeah, i got mine for 170 shipped. (Used)

Besides desk diving marks on one of the bracelet links,which i could but too lazy to replace since i don't use it, it came in really good shape and as a solid runner.

You can find can find both the former and latter that you posted on f29 for 150~200$ depending on condition along with extra straps usually, but the 581 is a uncommon and pricey.

Serves me well, don't plan on changing it considering I'm clumsy enough to bash my wrists against everything in sight.

Why aren't there any good pilots that are not crazily overpriced?

Because fliegers are a gimmick.
>tfw no A11 homage even though the Allies won

yep, get a nice nato to go with it and enjoy the forthcoming watch addiction

German equipment was better, and everyone knows it.

Yes, that's why they won.

No wait, they didn't. They lost hard.

Also the Soviet steel and the American aluminum industry of the 30's and 40's would like to have a word with you.

> tfw poor

Does it "CASIo" or are you stupid as well?

The fuck are you talking about?

Nothing, enjoy your potential fake.

I want to get this one, I would use it for my job, it's a good daily beater watch. I wear analog watches when I want to impress.

How do I check if my calculator one will "CASIo"?

Push the right button 5 sec

wat
how do u do this

>the Germans lost because they had worse equipment
Yes, because quality of equipment is the deciding factor in every war, regardless of geography, regardless of logistics, regardless of numbers.

>Soviet steel
Was poorer quality...what's your point?

Sup /wt/. I'm in market for automatic diving style watch, pref under 200$, what are the current recommendations for them? Parnis sub clone? Orient Ray? Invicta 8926 OB?

I see. Yes it does. I didn't order online, but bought from a reputable store.

yep I have one and use it as a beater for work

my grail

help me ID this pls

That's a Seiko wristwatch

Ray MK.II or Mako MK.II

SGEG89

Yes it's my first automatic watch and I really like it.

It's a great watch
I would suggest getting the cream dialed one and a leather strap if you don't want to have the standard r/watches first memechanical

Yeah have fun servicing it though.
400 bucks every 4 or so years

>Was poorer quality
No it was not. Don't get your facts for YT and documentarist television. The Soviets were way ahead of the Germans in metallurgy, mostly because of the American technological boost they got in the 30's. They could mass produce cast armor, superior electroslag welding allowed use of heavily sloped armor, superior diesel engines (the Germans never got diesel to work on anything armored), superior tank suspensions, not to mention higher production runs of almost everything.

TL;DR: Soviet steel was better than anything the germans could come up with. The Germans had the advantage in radios and optics.

That's why you support independents. Though for a MM300 they won't ask that much less.

>Live in third world shithole with no official Seiko retailers
>Most jewelry shops only sell Swatch group brands and shitty fashion watches
>Only decent watch I was able to buy retail was a Bambino.
>Customs is infamous for stealing packages.
>Decide to take the risk and order pick related online.

Seiko is the best meme I've fallen for. Absolutely beautiful and it might as well be a Quartz movement in terms of accuracy.

TYB /wt/ for convincing me.

P.D It was almost the same price as an SKX on Ebay and it has hacking and HW, before you say anything.

No you idiot, only Seiko can service that watch.
It doesn't have a caseback

>Buying the worst color
Also nice bezel alignment there

Agreed, I also don't like the numerical dial, give me a nice clean chocolate dial anyway.

Wow. You're a fucking idiot. Go die.

Da fuq is wrong with your arms? Are you 5?

You make that 37mm watch look like a 47mm.

ty famalam

There's not a single Independence who would service that (unless they're Seiko licensed somehow) and if there was you would be a fool to give it to him.
Fuck off retard

>maxi case.

Look, you stupid clown. It's a watch. It can be opened. It can be serviced even.

Not that one you dumb fuck.

>Buying the worst color
Opinion

They fixed the bezel alignment in the later versions. Mine's is perfect.

How does it open then? Magic?

Through the crystal
It's a uniblock design. It's also a grand seiko movement so even if it did have a case back I wouldn't trust some idiot with it

>independent = some idiot
Whew kid. I bet your head hurts from all that marketing brainwashing.

Are you retarded? Like can you not read?
This isn't a fucking ETA with generic parts available anywhere.
Stick to posting your weekender on r/watches and fuck off, will you.

>every service needs parts replaced
Good goy. Now calm down, I understand that your whole marketing-based world view is falling apart, but still try to keep your composure.

The lume looks like precisely applied drops of semen. However, I wouldn't have gotten the gold color unless I was 40+ years old.

I'll spell it out for you
It's a very specific movement
An independent without schematics WILL fuck something up, and then your Seiko service will go from 300 to 600+
That's assuming he can even get to the fucking movement anyway
You don't know anything, stop regurgitating /wt/ memes without understanding them you dumb fuck.

Having Tissot service your shitty 2824 and overpaying is stupid, not having Seiko service your GS movement in a monoblock case is even more stupid.

This hobby isn't for you bud
Seiko's lume compound isn't as good as luminova on its own, but when piled up really high like that it shines like a torch.
Notice that a sub will have similar or better lume than a Seiko will a thinner layer of compound. Still, it's great that you can get swiss quality lume for so cheap.
Orient is excellent with this as well. Really have my eyes on a Ray II

>It's a very specific movement
>without schematics
It's a Swiss lever-escapement three-hander, with central second hand, date and an automatic complication. Like every other fucking dive watch.

>That's assuming he can even get to the fucking movement anyway
Unscrew the left-hand threaded crystal retainer ring. Boom, you're done.

>You don't know anything
>This hobby isn't for you bud
I'm actually the one who's qualified you dilettante turd.

what's /wt/'s opinion on Bertucci field watches?
They look cool and are apparently durable af but it's a quartz movement.

Thinking about getting a smartwatch.
Had a garmin vivosmart till now.

My main reasons for a smartwatch are not those meme tracking features but simple notifications of incoming calls and alarms. I guess I'm too much of an autist to feel my smartphone vibrating in my pocket or having volume turned on.

Also battery life should be very good.

Found these:

>Cogito Classic
>Cookoo 2
>Nevo Balade Parisienne

Anyone had experience with these, or knows any better ones?

>battery life should be very good

Pebble Steel

Is there a way to get the strap adapter for less than $12?

Oh, let me rephrase and make it a bit clearer for what I am looking.

I don't want a whole LCD touchscreen for simply showing me what time it is, but prefer an analogue watch with some smartwatch capabilities.
LCDs look stupid, especially on the Pebble watches

The watches I listed are exactly what I am looking for.

Go ahead and give a grand seiko movement to some shmuck you fucking idiot

Try it before you order. When i got it i was suprised how small it is. Wears even smaller with all that stuff on the dial. Its crazy how 3mm more on the more expensive version makes a difference.

Alright cunt, go die.

Steinharts making a chrono thats a speedmaster/daytona homage.

Do you think it will be an OVM succes story?

Depends.
New Daytona, or classic?

The dome looks fairly solid, bracelet seems similar if not identical in construction to the OVM, so that's solid in itself.

Though, frankly, it all looks to sit a bit high, if they managed to slim it down a little, so the tach ring sat flush with the case top, and the dome was shallower, sitting flush with the tach ring again, then I think we'd see some success.

Probably daytona homage based on the cased but you really never know with cases Steinahrt has made before, might be packing a speedy dial. But the case looks like a daytona one and so the bezel.

It will use a 7750 valjoux which is a fuck huge movement, it will sit high. Classic obviously if you look at and the giant dome

>already have an alpinist but now I want a cocktail meme
My suffering will never end.

Is there a digital watch version of this chart?

It'll probably mostly Casios, but it would be nice to have.

They don't list any worthwhile features at all.
It's a quartz movement, it's a nato strap and the design is underwhelming.

>7750 valjoux
Oh wow.
Fair enough.
I assumed it would be some, while not cheap ass, but not exactly, decent quartz chrono movement. But that's quite pleasantly surprising that they're going auto.

define good

Actually, the soviets had better optics.

Their gearing was pretty solid too, thanks to their experience in tractor building. which goes a long way to a lot of things.

since when has stienhart done quartz

Going to Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand for 3 weeks later this year.

Speedy or G-Shock?

G-Shock.
Less likely to get mugged for. Or called out for being fake.

>Not a single mention of Oris
Really? You guys are just gonna disregard the best diver around a grand?

do you want us to arbitrarily mention every watch brand in each thread?
you get us started, chump.

/wt/ loves divers but never brings up Oris
That's all I was saying you little bitch

Redpill me on the aquis then my dude.

>bulky bracelet

Notice I didn't say "overbuilt", because it's not overbuilt, it's using standard pins.

It's a shame because Oris do know how to make good bracelets, the Artix bracelet is really good.

Sure
>Comes in 40 and 43mm
>Best bracelet in the price range easily, better than anything pre-omega if you're looking at swatch
>Ceramic bezel
>not sub "inspired"
Not a single review I've read or seen of the aquis said that the bracelet was bad.
I tried the 43mm myself and it was miles ahead of the strapcode endmill I have on my turtle
pls not that I'm not shilling, just really thinking about the aquis being my next watch

I'm not saying the bracelet is bad, I'm just saying it's unnecessarily thick and bulky.

Is there a lot of mugging in Thailand or Macau?

This is my first real trip.

I know HK is safe from what everyone tells me.

In Thailand I'll be part of a tour

That's a subjective thing though
Although you do have a point. The bracelet is pretty much make or break on the aquis because of the lugs.
I've heard the rubber is excellent as well, but I've never tried it
Personally I love chunky bracelets so I still think the aquis is gonna be my next watch

Cocktail is a meme. Too big.

Would you get a khaki field instead? I'm on the fence about it since I have a visodate too and I'm thinking why get a 2824 when you already have a 2836
Basically what

>40mm
>too big

Hold the 24 hour button down

For the kind of style yes it is too big.

How do I convince my mom that buying a Cartier instead of a Rolex is a shitty idea?

Oris

What makes grand siekos not as respectable as other swiss luxury watches? Is it just because of the baggage/ lack of prestige that the brand has?

They seems like solid watches desu.

Do they make mechanical women's watches? Specifically the tiny ones. Wouldn't it be difficult to scale down a movement to that size?

Define tiny.

34mm automatic watches can be easily found

Isn't it funny when /wt/ sucks Seiko's dick so hard and yet when asked questions like this, you all will be posting Swiss watches?

Is Cartier a fashion watch?

Yeah

I prefer the older model but good choice.
Was my grail as well.

Holy shit I'm going to try this when i get home with my $5 f91w.
Will post results

A tank is much better for a woman then whatever Rolex has to offer

>tfw too pussy to make a superlative oil filled f91w and use it as a daily
Literally the best watch mod to ever exist

My missus has a cartier.
Looks good user
Solid watch for over 10 years.
Let your mum get one

Rubber is good on the oris.
I love oris watches and they are great value for the price.
If you like it then go for it.

>Master Race checking in
Rate my horology perfection Cred Forums

This

Bro I weigh 140lbs . I skip meals cause I take kratom. When I used to lift I was 160lbs and buff. Gonna get that gym membership soon tho

Any of yall keen eyes help me find who made this my watch?

>160lbs
>buff
spooky skeleton pls

Is this worth buying?

seiyajapan.com/collections/orient/products/orient-star-classic-mechanical-wz0251el

except those were all shitty 'grails' desu.

that being said, all my grails are swiss too, (jlc)

damn. i creamed

that seems pretty true, yeah. only field or tool watches should be above 39mm

personally, would wear. perfect for kurt cobain core and the like.

im from /fa/

>core
>im from /fa/
youarethisgay.jpg

>having bitchwrists

my wrists are 7.25", but my subjective opinion is that large dress watches are only okay for the sole purpose of being on fuckhuge wrists, like 8" or more

i literally suck cock for breakfast, but i can afford jaeger lecoutre so who is the real faggot here

but a lot of those are German.

Seconding this
What do you guys think of Orient Star compared to similar ETA offerings?

Met someone on Cred Forums ealier with an awesome collection just posting my small one now.

>decide to wear my Amphibia after months
>realise for the first time that the crown doesn't screw down fully

Is this normal? Will this affect to its 200 m water resistance?

when was that announced ?

What kind of addition to my phone can get it get so it will function as good as a watch when I snorkel to 50 meters depth or some such?

Could you rephrase?

Tell her its not going to be worth anything in a few years and that Rolex is much more respected brand with the elite

So excited, got me some NATO straps off Amazon Prime for my cheapo auto watch, finally get rid of that clunky silicone strap.
Did I get a good deal? $3.99 for two 22mm straps (olive drab + black)and a spring bar tool.
Should be here by Wednesday, will deliver pics.

The older 16610 is far superior to the 116610, the new one didn't even haven better depth rating with that larger, unproportinal case.

But the 16610LN with a black bezel is GoaT, the lumpips on my 16610 are just too small IRL

Still you.

>Rolex is much more respected brand with the elite
Why should she or anyone else care what others think about their watch?
Especially what a bunch of watch autists, who calls themselves, "the elite", thinks?

meant LV

Oh no.

Im not talking about us as the Elite lol, just the fucking rich, or in the know etc. Women like status symbols like anybody else.

Guys i-it's not t-that bad right? It's j-j-just a little tall!

Jesus Christ, I didn't even know about that. So it's not only a shit design, but a double shit design.

Ok guys, I have a shitty Vostok amphibia and the second hand keeps sticking every few seconds unless it's face down, in which case it appears to run fine, any way to fix this or should I just take this as a lesson not to listen to Vladimirs lies?

Does it turn a minimum of three turns?
Is not how far it goes in but how many times it turns

...who thought this was a good idea?

The green lv was only for the anniversary model correct?
I got the black because it was nicer.
I had a chance for the green but passed it up. I may still get one in the future unless rolexrolexrolex unfucked the newer designs.
I don't like any of the other colours.

Stainfart obviously did

Check how is seated into the case

>Does it turn a minimum of three turns?
Is not how far it goes in but how many times it turns

Yes it does. Thanks m8 didn't know about that.

But it's a good idea.

>It's a Swiss lever-escapement three-hander, with central second hand, date and an automatic complication. Like every other fucking dive watch.
What?

Do they all use the same movement??

Same basic design, but all movements vary in some ways or another. General construction and whatnot. Swiss Lever Escapement system is used as it's reliable, and produces accurate time.

>A11 homage
>speedmaster/daytona homage
>daytona homage

Why all this "homage"?! A total collapse in the ability to think anew??

Also homage to Speedmaster, harking back to 1957 after which Omega did little new is bizarre and b0rken.

Are there any living horologists other than Oechlin creating anything genuinely new?

What kind of watch is this grizzly attack survivor wearing?

00:24

streamable.com/jqz4

are Tissot worth it?

Not really, at least I don't like them.

They're so tasteless these days, and it begins with the logo on every watch. The ugly font, and contemporary styling, combined with the year of Tissot's founding.

Tissot didn't used to put "1853" on every watch, in fact they put it on ZERO watches until recently. It's inclusion is not an aged Tissot tradition, and hence runs entirely counter to what it tries to imply.

And on the styling front, let's take the watch you posted as an illustration of just how small the imagination of the designers must be. What in fuck's name do those grey, textured shapes adorning 48 of the 60 minute indices do? Why on Earth are they there?

Modern Tissot, in my opinion, is a disaster. They made very few watches worth considering.

They're fine if you want a relatively cheap, and actual 'swiss made' watch.

They're trash, with a lot being unserviceable even. Would you pay 500€ for a quartz chronograph that has a disposable movement?

Yeah its the anniversay one with a official swapped bezel I guess since you can get the green from AD to a regular black sub

Just saw this on /fa/, does Cred Forums agree?

Etched, engraved or stamped caseback?

Personally I like stamped, especially those deep serial numbers on vintage watches. Too bad manufacturers don't really do that anymore.

No, some faggot was shilling it here a few weeks ago, and most agreed that a lot of brands are in complete horseshit places.

>omega and tudor same tier as rolex and patek

Stop shilling your shitty meme.

>engraved

A lot of retarded shit in there

What u niggers thunk of longones hydroconquest chronographs

Rolex and Tudor is at the same level since its the same company and same quality finish.

Rolex makes tudors?

Bulova and Tissot should be taken out of never buy, both brands make some real quality watches Rest are shit. But that chart is off the chart anyway :^)

They are both in the "watches you should buy" not in the same quality category. FFS you guys should work on your reading comprehension.

Like I've said, this meme is not mine, cunt.

Not exatly I guess, the older Tudors were actually made by rolex except the movement. Newer ones have the same quality as Rolex ones but dont think they are made at the same plant if I remember correctly, but Tudor also now has inhouse movements so the prestige in WiS circles should be the same since Tudor movements are high quality (but fat)

sadly I'm too frugal to buy expensive watches

What's your favorite chronograph for under a grand?

Fixed it slightly

You have made it even worse, retard.

the Swatch Chrono Gordon

>my opinions are better than your opinions
you guys are all fucking retards

jomashop.com/omega-watch-21230412003001.html
Gonna save up for another month and then go for it boys I've decided

>Like I've said, this meme is not mine, cunt.

>"fixed it slightly "
>h-hey I'm j-just expressing my opinion

What a retarded attention whoring tripfag you are.

Poljot Strela, like the one this user posted

Which smartwatches do you recommend?

I've been eyeing the gear S3 since it was announced, 4 odd days battery life, meters out the ass and IP68. Tizen is the only real drawback from what I've seen, but for me personally it isn't really an issue, dont plan on tinkering with the software. No hard date or price yet, estimated to be around £250-300 and the end of octoberish.

No

Seagull 1963 or Strela

None. Is none the right answer?

The Casio Rangeman is pretty good for your needs. You can also find them used in the forums like watchuseek for around $150.

Why even that when this?

Here you go, famalamalama

Man, if only it didn't have that stupid compass...

I never understood what the deal was with that graph.

what kind of strap is that?

I have one, and while I love the functionality of it, I rarely wear it. That shit is clunky as fuck.

Looks like some kind of two-piece nato/nylon.

damn my baity bait backfired

Perlon straps came in and I quite like a light gray with my XVII. But the thing is, the $10 strap really feels like it's $10. Are there more premium quality straps for

The only decent ETA watch you'll find in that price range is the Hamilton khaki line.
Also you're overpaying if you buy of Seiya.
You can't go wrong with orient

>Not getting superior Sinn navitimer

Orient mako or gshock

No, you could have bought the same strap from ali for a dollar.
NATOs don't get good until 15 bucks or so

DELETE THIS

They don't
He's a retard

>spending money i need on watches i don't need

i wish it were the otherway around

looks a little better on a non-manlet wrist

Getting money you don't need for spending watches you do need?

>disposable movement
Fuck Tissot, but if the movement is jeweled and lubed it should last for decades man.
Quartz movements don't exactly need servicing like mechanicals do.
People on here buy 70s quartz watches all the time and they work great.

You hit the nail on the head. They're just as good as any other high end luxury watch for the most part. Amazing craftsmanship and quality. Only downsides are IMO it carries the Seiko name and most of their designs are dull (totally subjective obviously)

They heavily modify the 7750, so its cool until you need to service it.
Also the only unique chrono they make is their pulsometer.
Very few brands make doctors watches these days

What features makes a watch a pilot watch?

I would have thought dual time zones and a GMT hand would be a minimum but mane lack both,

Sadly, there are quite a few watches with lovely face design that look splendid straight on. Yet from the side they are practically chimneys. Like pic. related. It is like a toad on your wrist.

>clear, legible arabic numerals
>high contrast dial+hands
>high dial:case diameter
>resistant to depressurization
>resistant to magnetic interference

Really, many things which aren't "pilot" watches could be effective as them.

The only special complication I'd want, were I a pilot, is a GMT hand to set to UTC.

Sup m8?
Nice to see you in here, and that you did actually came to Cred Forums.
Thanks for the pic btw
>saved

Kek. This so much.

Hahaha Maybe if you wear it around your elbow, but yes, it's tall as fuck.

Why do people still try yo categorize a whole universe of watches by ranking the brands??
Honestly, this is useless.

None

>it is like a toad on your wrist
If you ever have the oportunity, try straping yourself a round case Richard Mille. The time I did it I thought I was waving a fucking bulding or a stadium on my wrist, it was a 32mm tall.

Post your daily beaters

Sexy
>Namefag

Fuck off

>32mm tall
Jesus. That's as tall as some watches are wide

That's a big watch.

>>clear, legible arabic numerals
>>high contrast dial+hands
>>high dial:case diameter
>>resistant to depressurization
>>resistant to magnetic interference
These are IMO sound design principles that watch designers should pay more attention to. And that means readability both during the day as well as during the night. For instance I know of no watches that are lumed to make date readable in darkness.

Photo-lithographically defined and dry etched refractory parts should have been standard by now about would eliminate much of the re-balancing and magnetism issues. The technology is about 40 years old.

>The only special complication I'd want, were I a pilot, is a GMT hand to set to UTC.
We seem to be on the same wavelength here.

Someone mentioned Speedy with Moon phase had problems but he never followed up. What is the score on this?

I would like one. Unless they are dogs.

Yeah, it was genuinely painful to wear. It even fucked up the balance of my arm, as I tend to bend my arm to the inside when walking.

Shill son.

It's an extremely reliable movement. I abuse it a lot, as it is a true beater for me and haven't had any problems with it for almost ten years now. If you buy it wear it in confidence.
>SUPER MOVEMENT

>Me, in Jantar Mantar with it.

Pic of my Speedy's movement

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

You already posted that

>For instance I know of no watches that are lumed to make date readable in darkness.
But how would the lume get charged?
(The answer is transparent dials. See: Lange Lumen)

Well, even with a regular dial the current day would be just as charged as anything else on the dial. It would just be when the day switches that you'd be lacking.

what kind of retard spends any sum of money on this shit

Tudor Black Bay (in-house movement version) or Planet Ocean? The former can be had for $800 less than the PO.

what are you gay?

One with too much money to care.

Might as well buy a sub

Depends on which you find more appealing.

yeah you're gay

Nobody's that's not a hobbyist won't recognize any watch that doesn't have a crown on it

oh i see, you're the kind of pathetic autist that thinks watches are some kind of status symbol

oh man, did you use credit to buy yours?

I love the pelagos' design but you're lying to yourself if you say people won't think it's a submariner homage

No one even recognizes a Sub without the crown and "ROLEX". You can put a Rolex logo on a 090 Amphibia and people will believe it.

Source: people regularly bring in $3 chinkshit with Omega and Rolex on the dial, ten times worse than any poo2loo curry watch seriously asking if it's real.

People aren't actually stupid enough to buy black market Rolex.
R-right?

Depends.

Some do because they're idiots.

Others because, why not, it's a cheap throwaway watch.

Owner of a toyshop in the town where I work owns several nice watches, A '91 sub, an '08 GMT, and a Tag HueHue AquaRacer.

When in Thailand, he grabbed a back-street copy of the Tag, just so he could wear it without worry of losing or damaging it.

why the fuck should that matter

why do you care so much about what other people think

It's not that I care so much about what they think but rather having to explain the name so many times gets tiring

Is sturhling worth buying?
Thinking of buying pic related

Most people bring in fakes they found somewhere, hoping they struck a goldmine. On the street, fleamarket, dead relatives watch drawer, that sort of thing.

Check this image at the very bottom.

you can just say «basically a rolex» and be at least half correct

Pretty much. For non-watch people the Rolex coronet is what defines a Rolex.

I did see a sub yesterday. A guy got on my traincar and I spotted it the moment he got on

>how
Only real problem is after midnight when the display in the apertures change over. Many possibilities:
- uncover also tomorrows fields to allow for recharge
- cover in something that only passes blue/UV to charge lume - more complicated but far tidier
- illuminate with tritium, for illumination and/or charging lume.

I had people coming into the sotre I worked at with fake watches all the time. Still they bought expensive shit at the store, but nothing in luxury watch range though. Loled my ass off since they were real shitty knock offs that I would expect nobody would assume is real. Guess nonwatch people are that retarded, but what it really is, nobody gives a shit about a watch.

The truth is once it's got normal wear it becomes harder to tell a real and a fake apart. A few weeks ago a 90's Submariner came in for service and my watchmaker sensei wrote it up as a rep (we do this by default though, every Rolex, Omega, TAG, Breitling, etc. that comes in is automatically considered a rep unless proven otherwise), only after opening it did it turn out to be genuine. Only by being a bit worn, with hairline scratches from regular wear it fooled us. So I don't see the how the opposite can't happen either, a really old rep being mistaken as a genuine vintage piece at first.

Pretty sure my guy was real, he had an American archieluxury look to him

what brand is it kek

The Black Bay looks better as an every day watch in my opinion. If you want to brag about dive watch features than get the Planet Ocean.

Would you buy a $2500 luxury watch off jomashop if the price is twice as much at an AD?

depends on the brand, what it is?

That's awful

I've spent close to $20k at jomashop without any problems.

Where? I don't see it.

I'm on the fence about which one to buy exactly but probably an omega

Opinions?

get it it's awesome bro XD

>4G LTE
>expandable memory
>circular face
>battery lasts at least a day
>wireless quickcharge
>under $500

Does such a smartwatch exist?

Looking to buy in the next week or so.

Why would anyone make a watch that size, why would they design that, does it have a secret compartment?

Dont buy any co-axial movements or you will support the mountainjews incompetence (and need maintenance work every 1 or 2 years)

>disappointed with Steinshit OVM
>well at least I can make most of my money back on eBay
>list it for $300
>0 bids
>auction ended
>other people
>listed at $375
>10 bids
>sold
The fuck am I doing wrong? Is this some sort of conspiracy?

wtf is this, this is SFW board

Those auctions are posted by, and bid on, by steinhart to create interest in their watches

Is it that bad? I've seen other people say that it's basically the only advancement that the Swiss have made in watchmaking in the last 50 years.

The Valjoux 7750 is a kinda thick movement, I guess they didn't care about making the case appear smaller, and just gave it straight, tall sides.

Also is that real or from a movie?

Hey guys look what Steinhart is making next month, a Speedmaster homage. List price is only $750 before VAT.

One that can afford to buy you and your family as livestock, not even slaves.

Anyone ?

It's not an advancement since it is highly unrelaible and requires very regular service, this is what the mountain jews want you to believe. It has to do with that the watch movement requires extremely precise oiling or it will fail, no regular watchmaker can service an co-axial

No shit Black Gentleman

>calibre 2500
Sheeit well it's not like my budget can get me an in house and I sure as hell ain't buying quartz unless it's a grand seiko

Damn, that watch wears really small and still looks huge on your wrist.

Tisell

Yeah but two straps and a watch tool with 2 day shipping? Hella good for $3.99.