So ummm Cred Forums

My laptop got stolen recently on the train. How easy would it be for someone to crack through the Windows login password? It was fairly long with random letters and numbers in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

howsecureismypassword.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you hard drive wasn't encrypted you're fucked.

howsecureismypassword.net/

The windows password is a complete non-factor for any person capable of doing a google search

Better be safe than sorry user

>please put your password into my rainbow table
>ims not a scam (TM)

If you're paranoid, swap out parts of your password with equivalent characters

What the shit, was my post deleted or did you make this thread twice?
Again, there's no need to crack it, there's several programs to just go around the login.

Windows password can be removed just by booting in safe mode lol

this can be easily defeated by booting with hirens boot CD or any other bootable rescue disk that allows you to "reset" or "clear" a windows user password.

Was it a nig?

Download mimikatz and you have the windows password in 5 seconds

They'll get in no problem. They'll find out who you are and dissect you. I hope you're prepared to have someone understand how autistic you truly are.

Same as Linux. Only way to protect yourself is to encrypt the disk.

Uh, the windows password screen isn't a barrier to anyone. It'd take me 3 minutes. That includes the time spent getting up to piss

>not doing full disk encryption
>2016

>password into my rainbow table

wat?

If you haven't encrypted your disk, they can just take it out, connect it to another pc and see everything without even worrying about password

Yes, putting your password in the dictionary.

No Idea. I just fell asleep on the train and when I woke up my laptop was gone.

yea next time dont fall asleep in public fuckhead

First of all, as everyone has already said, your password is irrelevant if your disk wasn't encrypted.

Second, a laptop thief isn't going to give a shit about your files--they'll either pawn off your laptop (and the pawn shop will wipe it), or reinstall the OS themselves. Chances are they're too dumb to install an OS, so it'll just get pawned off.

This is exactly why I have encrypted the drive on my laptop.

nice b8