Macbooks are overpriced

>Macbooks are overpriced
>Ok, show me a similarly priced laptop with the same specs or better. Reminder that $1300 rMBPs are light, have a 2560x1600 retina display, the best trackpads in existence, 8GB RAM, outstanding battery life, NVMe SSDs, and the best build quality and support in the business
>...

Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4P03N50962
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shill

>Can we finally stop being autists?
You can't cure autism fampai.

and the best OS

>spending unholy amounts of money on a laptop
>not just getting a thinkpad
Congratulations, you played yourself.

>Dell Latitude
>better hardware, better design, more useful
>3 years of onsite warranty service included in the price

If something does happen to go wrong they'll come to my location and fix or outright replace the machine entirely.

For the cost of a Latitude I get all that and more, and I can OSX/macOS in a fucking VM so, who needs an artificially hardware constrained MacBook when Latitudes are simply better overall?

Razer Blade, Dell XPS 13, Toshiba Kirabook, Lenovo Thinkpad x260.

If you're getting a MVP you might as well get a thinkpad. The macbook air however can't be beat

>3 year old hardware
>still the same price as launch date
rMBP is worst value until hardware refresh

>just settle for lesser devices

I actually don't need all that shit, so I'll just pay less for something with an OS that is actually decent.

>The macbook air however can't be beat
Zenbook 3 will be a game changer.
Had a go on a Xiaomi air, they are decent and dirt cheap.

I do like OSX devices as a JS dev for work, which they provide me.
But if it's my money, I'd rather go with the Xiaomi or the zenbook if it lives up to the hype.

>prefer OSX devices but have company pay for it.
honestly, this is the only sensible way to do it.

I was on a MBP 15 inch, which is a decent but of kit, however they forked out and got all the devs new dell xps 15's, 4k displays and ludicrous specs.

Just get close to launch date you autist, only retards by three-year-old hardware at a premium

>OS that is actually decent
You can't be referring to Windows, that unusable buggy piece of garbage

it can be anything you want user

I was given one of those at my workplace because they love me. They're pretty cool, fampai, no denying it

>Best track pads
>Outstanding battery life
>Best build quality and support

These are all objective.

$759
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4P03N50962

Yet it'll always be a buggy, unusable botnet.

troll

Can the Macbook Pro process my monster girl waifu better than competing Windows laptop?

I need a computer for my waifu.

Arch Linux crashed less on me after 4 years of use and tinkering than fucking Windows 10 after like a year. It's a piece of shit.

Ok, so you mean one of two things here:
>buying a botnet-in-the-bios infused thinkpad that does have decent hardware, but you can't install linux on because of the special RAID bios
or
>buying an 8 year old laptop with a shitty core 2 duo chip with literally no modern functions on the board

Both suck. Lenovo is dead.

Oh shit..
Cheaper, lighter, better screen res..

Macfags on suicide watch

>Buying from Lenovo, a company that has been caught preloading spyware into their laptops on several occasions

>Paranoid about botnets nobody has found in Chrome

This entire board is a fucking meme, isn't it?

VAIO Z Canvas
The ultimate mobile machine

>unholy amounts of money

Not everyone here is a peasant. I could go buy a new MBP right now if I wanted to and it wouldn't even be a quarter of my paycheck.

Off the top of my head the razer blade, think the previous one had a 970m or something, there's a lot better out there though, Mac books are shit spec wise compared to some thin and lights

Does this work well with Linux?

It's the worst OS because you can't right click.

>can't right click
not a mac fan but jesus christ it isn't 1980 anymore, drop this shit because it isn't true

People are just poor and jealous
I am just poor, i use lenovo :(

From first big money i get ill buy imac or macbook.

No trackpoint, no buy.

Cred Forums Pass user since January 2013.

Not necessarily, Lenovo make similarly priced and even more expensive machines than Apple, as many other brands do.

I bought a $1500 laptop for travel/work and gaming when on business, for example. Apple machines are decent, but definitely not the best.

mac all the way, just the feel of using a mac and osx is so much more refined.

Don't know how to explain it, but it just works.

You have two options
a) Stop being poor
b) Stop complaining about the products sold by a company that doesn't affect you if you don't pay any attention to them

The fact that you are complaining about the products sold by a company that doesn't affect you if you don't pay any attention to them is solid 100% proof that you are either retarded or a paid shill.

> Not running Linux out of the box

ewwwww

The base model rMBPs are competitively priced, but Apple remains the worst at price gouging on upgrades. They'll charge an additional $300 just to take the SSD from 128gb to 256gb. That's really bad.

That's why Hackintosh is the way.

Im not really a mac user but I always respect how long they last. Alot of people I know with macbook pros have them last for a good 5 years and they don't seem to have any problems or slow downs (unless you're playing a game or using other taxing applications of course). I couldn't say the same about any windows laptop, or even a desktop in some cases. Just about every single windows laptop I've ever used or seen being used is laggy even on just the desktop after a few years. I know I'm going to get replies saying people are doing something wrong, and while that might be true, you can't deny that macbooks have superior optimization and I'm pretty sure that you just don't notice the lag in your 3 year old windows laptop because you're just used to it by now.

tldr macbooks aren't that pricey considering you can use them just fine for 3+ years

a Cuckintosh notebook?

>Windows
Where do you think you are? You need to take more shill classes.

>thinkpads
>lesser

>needing all that computing power on a laptop

>implying all thinkpads are made by lenovo
>implying I'm paranoid about the chrome botnet
I'm not paranoid because I'm not dumb enough to use it.
>botnets nobody has found
Lurk moar.

A fool is soon parted with his money. You can be financially stable AND thrifty.

>16:9
senpai...

everytim you post dis fred, mootykins becomes weaker

I could get a haswell MBP 13 for $650. Should I?

Not only yourself, you played a company into thinking their product is "successful" which in turn they will trick MORE people into buying their turds.

When you play yourself, you play society, too. Business is full of evil marionettes.

Why do you still post about this? If I had a dollar for every time I saw this exact post I'd be able to buy your overpriced Facebook machine.

Don't you need to change up your advertisement posts every one in a while to comply to Apple's shill standards?

>Zenbook 3 will be a game changer
>will be
prepare for disappointment. it always is.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>macshit

why dont you just buy a [some laptop] that is better in every aspect?

The [plastic trackpad] is great
[flimsy plastic] construction is solid
1080 [TN panel] screen
[4 hour real] 8 hours battery life

Whats your excuse?

You can also buy it with food stamps.

the fuck you on about nigga?

yup

not a meme, best laptop

bait

If you're into 13" screens, I haven't seen any better alternatives in this thread. I prefer a thin 15" though and Apple's cheapest one is $2000.

Why do people shill for Apple so hard on this board?

because they make the best laptops and, surprisingly, Cred Forums likes laptops?

xps 13

>1.6GHz

My preferences = sincere
Your preferences = shilling

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge

Not in the current generation MBP's which have the force touch trackpad

your copypasta needs updating

>laptops

Does apple make decent desktops?

I've been using a mbp for like a year now, but have never even considered buying a desktop made by apple.

>paying out the ass for depreciating goods

It has integrated Iris graphics, you have to fork out extra for a dedicated graphics card
>feels bad man

>responding to pasta

>replying to everyone in the thread

your time really is worth nothing, isn't it?

I guess I'll just get windows for my laptop.

I can't even remember the last time Windows crashed or slowed down for me.

that isnt necessarily a bad thing unless you need it. especially with the new osx update, thing that didnt before now switch over to dedicated. for example, ms remote desktop never used to care and now it not only forces dedicated when you launch a session, but even when you close the session it continues to stay on dedicated.

my macbook now sits around 95* almost all the time, and since the new osx update also broke the program that let you force the integrated gpu, there is nothing i can do about it