Why would you need this NSA listening device all of a sudden in your home?

Because it's the "future"!!

Have you forgotten about your Google phone, that you carry with you everywhere? It doesn't just record your voice, it records your location at all times.

So why do I need two listening devices in my home?

They already know every single thing about you through your smartphone. You seriously think that's gonna change because you have a gadget at home that tells you the weather forecast and plays your favorite song by tailor swift?

>you should let more companies learn more about you at all times of the day and night

The idea is to reduce data collection, not to invite more in.

You don't think they share intel? Fuck off nigga. Google been selling to the highest bidder for years.

My point still stands.

It falls apart when you view the companies that gather information as seperate entities. They trade, they buy and sell information to and from each other. If google knows you eat cashews, ten minutes later, so does facebook and so does amazon.

If Google collects part of my information, while Amazon has access to another, and I cut off Amazon, then this venue of data collection ceases to exist, and neither Amazon, nor Google, would have access to it.

Less spyware = less data being collected in total, even if they cumswap.

Literally have never owned a smartphone in my life.

Even if I did, I wouldn't consider putting any personal information on it.

You know these people that would buy literally anything just to please their consumerism god
I know for a fact some family guys that wouldn't let their families run out of the newest devices in existence.
Im talking about 5yo children with tablets, phones, console, gaming pc, hoverboards, broadband connections, 4k TVs, every other unnecessary memes and they will be getting a -now electric- car by the age they go to high school.
Meanwhile a person with no other needs than food, a roof, some clothes and a laptop, like me, is sitting here unemployed contemplating life unfairness

>unemployed

That's because you are lazy and lack motivation, friendo. There are an infinite amount of jobs out there, from shit ones, to decent ones. If you are able bodied, and out of work, there is nobody to blame, but yourself.

You are browsing the web right now leaving tons of information behind. Not owning a smartphone doesn't keep you safe

Jesus christ listen to you. Aim lower and build experience, it's that simple. The job of your dreams isn't going to fall into your lap, you need connections for that.

Everyone has them... You don't want to seem suspicious, do you?

I just turn off the gps and location shit when I don't want to gps myself around.

What is this?

I agree, it's kinda sad that one has to explain that, if you cut off first hand information all the spy can do is speculate. Factually it makes a big difference, at the moment though not so much because most of the "individual" user data is used to squeeze money out of people anyways.

This practice will become a big problem later on though, when we've abandoned physical currency and local vending locations.

For example I could imagine a wealthy company buying the service of online vendors to hide certain third party products from their customers, so they will never know andor can never purchase them.

I hope it doesn't come to this but I fear this was not the end of online capitalism.

Are any of those fully open source smart phones good?

implying they need that to listen in on you

This.
Stop being a faggot and treat yourself to something every once in awhile. Have some fun and not just fulfill your basic needs. If you're not working you're just leeching, seriously fuck off poorfag.

I go remember the 1st time when my google phone posted that the traffic from "home" to "office" will be 10 minutes longer today.
I was shocked, and like wtf how did they know this.
They know everything... easily.

because turning off your bedroom light requires a 1GHz processor, 256MB of RAM, and a full wifi stack

The only motherfucker in 1984 who didnt have a telescreen in his house says the reason he doesnt have one is because he couldnt afford one. Im thinking about this shit more and more.

Lets pay to be shafted