Anyone on Cred Forums have pic related? Am deciding between it or a macbook pro for school

Anyone on Cred Forums have pic related? Am deciding between it or a macbook pro for school.

>needing an expensive laptop just to attend school

Are all Americans this brainwashed and cucked?

>need to surf Facebook and use excel
>let's buy a $1000+ laptop
>topkek

>stylus

just get a mac

I can't even tell if this is bait.

I have a surface pro. Onenote and the pen works great for taking noted

Are you ever actually going to detach the tablet part and use it?

Dumb anime poster

if you're rich get this.

>tripfags calling others dumb

Oh, the ironing!

Let me put it to you this way: the average American college student graduates with $35,000 of debt. Given that, is it that ridiculous to be okay with being $36,000 in debt -- as opposed to $35,000 -- for the sake of having a good, reliable, future-proof computer that probably won't need to be replaced for one's entire college career?

I mean, shit, my MacBook cost about as much as two semesters' worth of textbooks. Whoop de doo.

>Apple
>future-proof

My keks are making a giggle

>buying textbooks

>Apple
>good
>reliable
topfuckingkek

>future-proof

>Future proof.
The only way you can upgrade the fuckers now a days is to shoot the god damn thing and buy another.

Apple products last longer and have higher resale values than shitty PCB laden Chinese plastic """laptops""".

People will still buy old Macbooks, but who buys old PC's besides Cred Forums neckbeard thinkpad fetishists?

Yeah this is the other ridiculous thing
I pay 1700€/year not telling them how much my parents make so its the higher class, the lower is about 800€ or the state just pay for you If you want to study, they even give you home.
This is how a system is supposed to work

Op just get a chromebook, but don't get one of those poopoo rockchip ones unless u want battery life

here, the state pays 3 year of bachelor, 2 years of master and 4 years of doc., anything above that and you have to pay every plus year yourself, which goes from 800 to 1700 eur per year

>inb4 what debt

>PCB laden Chinese

You know the Chinese assemble Apple products too right

I bought a Surface Pro 3 for class to take notes on and do some programming (unfortunately SystemVerilog isn't the fastest code to run), and it has been pretty great. I only spent $400. The Surface Book is just a more expensive version of it, which desu I see absolutely no reason to spend the extra money. The hinge is garbage. I also have a MacBook Pro, paid only $300. It's a mid-2012 with an i7 haswell, 8GB RAM, and 750GB HDD. Aside from XCode being great software and the touchpad being godlike, I just don't use it. There's just no reason to, my Surface does everything it does but better.

I meant i7 Ivy*, not Haswell. Still very powerful.

out of quality american aluminium my dude

My Arizona™ Green Tea can is made out of aluminium but you don't see me bragging about it's durability.

>quality aluminium
Aluminium is not a premium metal. It's like one of the cheapest metals (among the ones that actually are sturdy enough for cases and shit). The real quality alloys are titanium or magnesium based. I really hate when manufacturers try to about their "premium" products by using terms that normies don't really understand. Recently I saw a tablet with aluminium case made using CNC, which is well... absolutely normal, but they worded it like it was some wonder.

Honestly just try and hold off for the next iteration of each. The surface book should be mature enough to be a solid investment then and the Mbps are long overdue a refresh

This. Even if you need to look at the book most can be found online anyways.

But my MacBook is made from a different aluminium ALLOY which is QUALITY.

most come bundeled with (((acess codes))) to expensive online quiz/homework sites like MyMathLab and other cancer.

The price of the code will be listed at $~120, with the code/book bundle being only 10 dollars more.

Universities get kickbacks for enabling this cancer.

it's either you buy a shitty plastic laptop that spies on you, or an aluminum beauty that respects your privacy

>buy $160 laptop, use it for 4 years, sell it for $50
>buy $1400 laptop, use it for 4 years, sell it for $600

get a pixel, the only Cred Forums sponsored laptop

>planning on graduating in debt
you're even stupider than I thought

Yeah, I'm so impulsive and stupid. If I work my minimum wage job for 38 hours a day and subsist on cockroaches, I could pay my way through college directly!

pretty sure he meant you obviously don't have any scholarships for being even above-average intelligence

Yep. It's great. One Note replaces paper and pencil for me. Grad student in Chem engineering. Only use pencils for exams.

Be sure to have backups though. Putting all your notes in one basket is dangerous.

>taking out loans to buy shit you don't need
>can't get scholarships for school
you don't need anything more than a 200 dollar laptop for uni. no need for looking at the two most overpriced shits out there.

Yeah, whatever you have to tell yourself. I used to go to a community college full of people who bought those $200 laptops. They carried chargers around with them, their laptops' fans would audibly spin up while taking notes, and they were always adjusting their screen tilt because their viewing angles were garbage. They couldn't even begin to use them outdoors, either.

Then, one day, they'd show up with a paper notebook instead of a laptop. Why? Because their shitty $200 laptop fucking broke on them, and they don't have the money in their budget at the moment to afford a new one.

I'll take the MacBook, thanks.

I forgot about the access code Jewry. Luckily I've only taken 1 class that required one.

do you really plan on not using pen and paper, just a laptop? you're dumb af and naive. I got by with a thinkpad, didn't need the charger, got 5-8 hours on battery, could run heavy monte carlo sims and handle data analysis with thousands of data points, 3d cad modelling, etc, and I edited photos in lightroom. I had a 1000+ laptop before I got the thinkpad and it broke down on me, not the cheap one. life doesn't work the way you think it does in your head

lol this isnt even a question. microsoft laptops are memes fuck this trash

get a macbook, there is no point in coming to a forum like this to ask for advice when 99% look like a 12 year old dutch girl with gross facial hair who haven't showered in 3 days

macbook wins

>not being able to find a decent windows laptop for under $500
I've had pic related for almost 3 years now and have been using it for school related things. Great battery life, very similar to a MacBook Air in build but still has been durable enough to lug around in a backpack all day without a case.

>12 year old dutch girl
What does this mean? Thin with blonde hair?

Writing uses more brainpower than typing. The guy writing shit down will memorise it faster than a guy typing shit.

There is really no reason to use a laptop for note taking unless the class is actually about literally writing some code or using some software. I'm a CS student and I used a real notebook for most of my classes.

Is OneNote for Windows different from that for Android? The Android version has terrible interface so I'm sticking with other program for now but it isn't perfect as well.

This is why I now carry an iPad Pro. I handwrite.

>FUTURE PROOF
>APPLE
THEY LITERALLY DESIGN THEIR DEVICES TO NOT BE FUTURE PROOF