Why does this cost as much as an ultrabook when chink tablets/emulator machines...

Kayden Robinson
Kayden Robinson

square triangle X and a circle. those devices are sony trademarks together. they enforce their copyright which is why generic controllers always have weird things on them that vaguely resemble them.

hmm, pay 100$ for something with a SoC or pay a thousand for something that has been promised to be upgradable yet wont need upgrading for about two years, by which time this shitty small dev company will have evaporated not to mention ARM chips are vastly different between them, making software incredibly difficult to develop across the platform and which, best case scenario, will have a few thousand user base with no other use than the DS nostalgia.

Anthony Adams
Anthony Adams

he thinks someone will manufacture a better CPU to upgrade the Pyra
hahahaha

Matthew Nguyen
Matthew Nguyen

Hmmm, sperging out about a device you clearly don't want or just hiding the thread and forgetting it exists?

Logan Roberts
Logan Roberts

It amuses me how this picture doesn't show how are you supposed to hold two disconnected pieces of hardware together in two hands.

there is literally no argument you can make for that piece of shit.

Connor Ramirez
Connor Ramirez

I never said it will happen, but there is a chance.

David Bell
David Bell

which is why generic controllers always have weird things on them
Those niggas could letter buttons.

Cameron Harris
Cameron Harris

Are there any UMPC's with a keyboard that won't ruin my hands to do some light programming on?
I SSH into a workbox to write everything anyways so computing power is kind of moot.
Although I don't know how emacs hotkeys are going to work on a mini-keyboard

Caleb Williams
Caleb Williams

Get used to vim

Kevin Cruz
Kevin Cruz

VIM requires just as many alt-keys though because everything is prefixed by !:

Brody Reyes
Brody Reyes

computing power is kind of moot
does a few second delay on text appearing on the screen bother you? honestly try an RPI this happens. only now imagine no dev community writing dedicated OS distros for this device.

you're still not going to beat it on any front. even for a brand new boxed controller and the gameklip it's not going to beat a regular phone. there are smaller devices for fitting in your pocket that do this and larger ones depending on how much you want your hands to cramp up.

just go ahead and image search for "phone controller"

Brayden Collins
Brayden Collins

does a few second delay on text appearing on the screen bother you?
Enormously, which is why I disable X11 forwarding when I SSH in because otherwise my editors try and run in an X window and it's lagged to hell.
Running it inside the terminal works without issue though

phone controller
why would i want a controller to write code?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit