It is up to us to save Cred Forums

github.com/Cred Forums

github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity

That idiot gook can't run this site that moot managed to run for over a decade, starting when he was a fucking child, when bandwidth costs were much higher and traffic was much lower.

The truth of the matter is that having all of the internet hate machine's eggs in one basket was always a bad idea. When GamerGate happened, a certain number of people started to move over to infinity, which was an open source alternative. This is important. The hate cannot survive if it's quarantined into one vulnerable place. we must be able to spread out and gather wherever we want. For this reason, we must recreate Cred Forums as an open source project.

Infinity is a cheap, uninnovative cludge with frequent technical problems. It still uses fucking PHP in fucking 2016, All of the PHP needs to be purged and replaced with Go.

Some languages to use for replacement chan:

Go
Node
HTML5
CSS
JavaScript

Banned Languages:

Ruby
Python
PHP

I only know basic webdev, and I don't plan on becoming a webdev after I graduate from CS, but I can still help. If this gets going I will set up a dedicated Ubuntu box and make pseudo-anonymous GitHub account.

Muggles can design the logo.

Other urls found in this thread:

jaxbot.me/articles/benchmarks_nodejs_vs_go_vs_php_3_14_2013
github.com/nkeronkow/tolxanka
youtube.com/watch?v=t7-BX4bWYvg
vividcortex.com/blog/2014/01/15/two-go-memory-leaks/
strawpoll.me/11351785
github.com/installgen2/rustchan
github.com/TopicForumDev/topic
wakaba.c3.cx/s/web/
channel9.msdn.com/Events/Lang-NEXT/Lang-NEXT-2014/From-Parallel-to-Concurrent
talks.golang.org/2012/splash.article
php.net/manual/en/pdo.prepared-statements.php
php.net/manual/en/function.htmlspecialchars.php
php.net/manual/en/book.pdo.php
php.net/manual/en/function.htmlentities.php
php.net/manual/en/function.strpos.php
twitter.com/hiroyuki_ni/status/782730299574714368
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Banned Languages:

>Ruby
>Python
>PHP

really nigga

What a waste of a get.

Really. Go look at benchmarks, especially for PHP.

Checked!

Not just any glue, a superglue.

It was an unusual CBT JOI video...and I was in the fucking mood for it - usually, I'd say "fuck no" to something like this, but something really posessed me to do it.

And the feeling was unique. Once some glue got in the urethra, it felt like it got high-proof alcohol was in it. It stung pretty fucking badly.

And yes, before you ask, I didn't pour the glue /down/ my dick, I stood up, pointed it downwards and pressed the glue 'till I felt like it would stick. I waited for it to dry for a couple of minutes (dick still pointed down, of course) while moving on and reading doujins. I pressed hard on my glans head all the time, till it looked and felt like it was finally stuck.

It dried up. It stuck the tip of the urethra.

I started fapping to some good 'ol Dr.P afterwards. But this fap felt different. In under than a minute of stroking, my cock felt like it was on fire, but I continued stroking like the madman I was.

So anyway, I am almost about to cum. I've selected the best page of the doujin and blown it fullscreen. And here, the best part started.

I came. My semen was trying to escape the urethra, in multiple waves - like cops pounding on a metal cage with a bartering ram, but the door won't bulge.

With my head feeling hot as fuck, I laid down on my bed (but still managing to let my cock hang, to avoid the semen mixing with the glue, because that would mean trouble, and a lot of it).

Soon, I got the urge to pee, and the semen/piss combo managed to make its' way out. Like a soda bottle you've shaken for minutes, and then opened, everything left with remarkable speed and intensity.

I washed my dick thoroughly with water and some alchohol, and went on with my daily life.

>Go
>Node
dropped

There are hundreds of other imageboards.

Yes, with 3 posts per day.

There are many, many reasons to avoid PHP on pain of death, but benchmarks I'm afraid aren't one of them.

All of them suck.

What do you suggest? C?

Is there any sane reason not to write something like Cred Forums in C# + ServiceStack? Every other web technology is shit.

faggot

jaxbot.me/articles/benchmarks_nodejs_vs_go_vs_php_3_14_2013

Isn't it proprietary?

>What do you suggest? C?
Assembly is the best lightweight

no

The fact of the matter is that most people are happy that the least sane of us left for literal nazi/pedophile containment chambers and aren't here shitting things up anymore. These people are certainly not willing to make any effort to bring them back.

If you're that upset about the state of Cred Forums, you are free to move over to cripplechan or pedochan or polchan or whatever the new "absolutely no rules until Interpol reams us" imageboard is called, thinking you're a renegade escaping the oppressive SJW inquisition all the while delaying your imminent, very painful collision with reality further.

your shitty imageboard will suck too

>i don't know webdev!
>let's ban ruby and python!

Why do people believe things have to be fast paced to be good

There's a very simple explaination for that.

People who left Cred Forums did it for reasons that are closely or loosely related to how unlikable they are.

Pedophiles, Cred Forumstards, gamergaters, schizophrenics, rape advocates, gore posters. Now that they're all together in the same place, there's no confusion about where the remainder of anons want to go: They want to go where those people aren't.

There is always mongoose for C. (^.^)

(No, I don't support C as webserver. Just like you)

What do you perfer to program your cms in?

So why are there licensing fees on the website? Can it even run on Linux servers? It seems like you need VS to develop for it.

The entire site is in jeopardy, not just pol.

oh, you're right it is. nm.

Probably runs on linux fine via mono/.NET core. I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

i vote for go as the backend and for apis. disregard node.
node is great in itself but i despise npm and its structure and the culture behind package makers is almost as bad as sjw.

a good idea for the frontend would be angular 2 its proven its capable, easy to develop with and its incredibly fast for what it can do. react is too unstable from my experience.
also avoid external libraries. pick angular and do it the angular way.
dont muddle up code with bloatquery or shitty bootstrap scripts.

database should be handled by mariadb or postgresql.

ngnix to serve files and cache and compress assets.

congratulations on falling to the other side of the horse.

No matter how good the posts are, a dead chan is a dead chan and it will stay dead, because if nobody posts, nobody replies. Even if half of the posts here are shitposts, the other half are good and there are 100x as much of the good stuff than on where all posts are good... all the 5 per day of them.

Cred Forums is "good" because it's alive, and a good middle point between shitty chats/irc channels and "you post once a day" forums.

Spotted the SJW faggot

>Yes, with 3 posts per day.
>All of them suck.
you realize yours will be no different, right? all the imageboards created after Cred Forums tried to target a group that the creators felt was mistreated/at a disadvantage on Cred Forums. in the end all those imageboards have a tiny userbase that most likely still visits Cred Forums.

hell, the main exception that i can think of is krautchan's Cred Forums. but then joot tried to tap into that market and created Cred Forums on Cred Forums, too.

lainchan is pretty nice user

I feel so bad that I'm more adapted to reality than you are because now I'm experiencing rejection from an anonymous scumbag.

Nope.

Go

It doesn't seem like it's made for low budget operations.

Lol you don't get it. Cred Forums is going to die. I am not trying to make a fucking clone, I am trying to make a replacement.

>no haskell
It's like you want your program to be incorrect.

Every time 'bad news' comes out or 'oh no Cred Forums is over forever!!!!!' there is always a call for '>>>/migration/ XDDDDDD'. It never works and the new site usually goes down before a coherent community can be formed.

What is so good about Go?

I'm interested because Node is kinda shit so I was looking for a replacement

More often than not taken down by Interpol.

daily reminder that truth is the new hate speech

I didn't exclude Haskell.

We should only do this if we know Cred Forums is going to die. A Go backend would help infinity anyway.

You want to make Cred Forums into an SJW hugbox, fucking kill yourself you feminist prick

>Go

Go gas yourself

Please keep expressing anger at me.

>idiot gook
Top kek. I don't even know why this made me laugh so much.
Thanks user.

Checked, OP is a faggot for banning Python.

because of illegal content spam :)

Guys, what about C?
C is the most stable language every created, at least my teacher says so. Why not use C?
We need stability, do we?

Go, Rust, or the PHP-->C++ compiler

why is Cred Forums dying? i don't see any news that would suggest this.

op is just poking the anthill because he's attention deprived.

The thing is that Ruby and Python are great languages, but the one thing they aren't suited for is web development. They scale like ass without the use of interfacers and the loose, forgiving "typing" makes it a nightmare to maintain any code in a team larger than a few people.

It still utterly baffles me that people shoehorned Ruby into being a "web language". It's almost tailor-made for writing small, cross-platform scripts. I can't think of a single standout feature of Ruby that suits web development other than, "It's pleasant to write".

>They scale like ass without the use of interfacers and the loose, forgiving "typing" makes it a nightmare to maintain any code in a team larger than a few people.
Turns out this a problem for more than just web development. It's a problem for everything besides tiny scripts.

C.

agar.io backend is in C. And it was built in couple days by one guy.

I know this is different, but hey why not give it a try?

If not, then
Also, as above:
*No. Node.
*No ext dependencies.
*Stick to angular2

IFF Cred Forums is really dying.

Haha got wrote this whole thing out and go no replies. Kys

Does Cred Forums community ever made a successful project?

I doubt this one will fly.

Delete Cred Forums, it consumes the most bandwidth and has the highest cost

This thread is garbage and OP is a child but this seems like a decent place to plug my old hobby project.

github.com/nkeronkow/tolxanka

>dat layout
youtube.com/watch?v=t7-BX4bWYvg

It used to look a little more tasteful before I added the rainbow puke down the side, but it makes conversations easier to follow.

>Wants to use js but won't use django.
I bet you see yourself as a bit of an ideas guy don't you?
I bet you've tried to take the credit for other people's hard work a few times already in your life too.
I bet you think Steve Jobs is inspirational and turtle necks are cool.

You know what. Fuck it, i kinda like it.

>I bet you've tried to take the credit for other people's hard work a few times already in your life too.

Guilty.

>It will spread to other boards:
strg+f: /bo\/g\// - no Cred Forums on \/g\/
lets start a spiderman thread

You sound like a bitch. Whining and moaning. Go suck a dick and maybe take a few nigger cocks up the ass. That should deal with your PMS sweet tits--I mean I'm not judging you. If you identify as a bitch, good for you. You go girl! Not get that cocksucker of yours out on the streets, and wear something slutty, ho.

Set yourself on fire. A Cred Forums hugbox is the same as a sjw hugbox, idiots spewing bullshit and expecting a pat on the back.

Who said we were making a pol hugbox faggot?

No thanks

by Cred Forums memers, yes, but Cred Forums community projects? no unless you consider meets as projects.

all the projects are organized by school kiddies with too much time on their hands. as soon as school picks up they drop the project.

If you mean Ruby/Python, user, then yeah, I agree.

I think the problem with all these poor use cases is that often people misunderstand how languages are executed, and so they end up comparing them based on features and ease of syntax as though they're all performant equal. It's free lunch syndrome.

Just out of curiosity, why is php bad? I tried it with a very small project and i didn't like the syntax. Do people actually use go for backends? I chose php because i want the website to display correctly without javascript enabled, what alternatives do i have? I tried python but i don't really like it

>making

Making is present tense you dipshit commienazi homosexual faggot. The word you're looking for is 'made.' You trailer niggers made it a hugbox. Past tense motherfucker. Or if you wanna get a little more fancy and go for past perfect tense, you 'have made' it a fucking hugbox. Michael row that motherfucking boat ashore, HALLELUJAH!

>what alternatives do i have
Go
JavaScript
Java
C#
Ruby
Python
and....

every general purpose programming language in existence.

vg made cripple girls,
a 14 year old kid from agdg made risk of rain with his brother and is fucking rich now,
the guys that developed user net now work at google, also two ex tox guys work for redhat now.
some guy that worked on cirnOS now is a kernel maintainer.
notch was a Cred Forumsirgin when he made minecraft.
two guys from /tg/ founded a company making p&p rpgs.
one guy from Cred Forums got an internship supergiant games and presumably works there now.

Comforting, user. There's hope. These examples hit home though as I am familiar with most of them.

Those are all examples of people who made shit who also happen to use Cred Forums. Not a community project.

well to be fair katawa shojo started as a comunity project between Cred Forums, Cred Forums and Cred Forums

/thread

Destroyed

Technically, you can write a backend in any language.

If you want something that just werks you want Ruby, Python, C# or Node.

So how do we know that the fall of the chan is not a planned out thing?
At some point someone decided to infiltrate and remove it.
Wonder what will come up next.
Can't some millionaire channer just throw up a couple of servers and let us be degenerates?

Because it will take fucking ages in C, and Cred Forums has a very very short attention span.

Okay faggots, I'm gonna make a strawpoll for the different languages, we can see what the actual consensus is.

Going to include:
>C
>Go
>JS
>Ruby
>Python
>PHP
>Java

Any thing else need to be there?

sextuple lucky bytes have spoken

it's not that easy, you're hosting a responsibility

>someone decided to infiltrate

I wonder who is infiltrating who to be fair, this is supposed to be an user fuckfest and not a regulated discussion, it's an absolute antithesis

Cred Forums will stay Cred Forums

C#. Which you should just pick anyways. Those all suck.

>using anything but rust
>unironically wanting to use go
>let alone FUCKING NODE/js
Kill yourself retard.

Haskell duh

What's rust web dev like?

checked
>banning python
>banning php

> Some languages to use for replacement chan
> Go
> Node
How many lines of code you have written in your life? 10? 20?

>What do you suggest? C?
Are you retarded or just pretending?

Not OP.

Node is cancerous. Agreed.

Golang tho, why?

The parallelism, concurrency... It's just so tempting.

Preemptive and non-preemptive threading... (threads and "goroutines"), channels...

Plus, GC's hella optimized, 40ms for a sweep.

Your boi Ken Thompson(C guy), UTF-8 guy, and a V8 engine guy is working on this lol.

Samefag.

I see it as a glorified C with neat features from other languages. Plus an optimized GC that you won't even notice its overhead when dealing with a lot of data if you know your shit.

It was mostly a meme because it's not very mature. The iron framework is pretty good, and mustache works without issues for templating. For simple CRUD/REST stuff, it will just werk. For more complex stuff, I wouldn't trust it on a production server yet, but the development itself should proceed almost as well as in any meme framework.

The biggest hurdle I encountered (which really wasn't much) was that I had to write a couple macros to more easily create checked queries on the postgres database.

this specific board is where bitcoin took off, why can't you simply put:

"donate amount" wikipedia style

kickstarter

the new admin is literally retarded, some programmed cuck opposite of zuck

just OPEN YOUR ACCOUNTING BOOKS

be transparent and make a non profit foundation or something, that's in vogue, how does wikileaks collect donations and support

Go is more unsafe than C while also having a GC. On top of that it's barebone as shit, feature-wise, which means you have to reinvent the wheel for even the most trivial tasks (just like in C). It basically eschews 20 years of programming language research and advancement simply because rob pike has literal brain problems.
I mean, hell, when your language is so shit you need to provide a program to automatically format code, else it won't compile, you have got to ask questions. And do you know how long it took people to yell at rob pike for him to finally accept the fact that maybe dynamic libraries aren't the worst idea in the world?
>200GB hello world programs
W e w.

C H E C K E D

What's the point of this if every program comes with its DLLs? Not mentioning different versions and DLL hell.

Note I do not imply static linking is the silver bullet everwhere.

Wait for WASM and rewrite Cred Forums in C

You fail to realize that rewriting Cred Forums's software as we know today takes months. Nobody is doing that for free. It's not a hobby project at this point, you want high reliability, redundancy, akl that shit.

>hurr durr php bad
You know nothing

Would $2,000 be enough of an incentive for somebody to embark on this project?

Also, Golang? Unsafe? Pffffft.

You have to import a special library (called unsafe or something else) to be able to use unsafe practices like pointer arithmetic.

I want so hard to believe this post is intentionally being stupid, but I can't tell to what degree it's on purpose.

The point is to have a hello world program that's not 500PB big when it only needs to be a few kb big at most.
Moreover, if a security issue is discovered in a library, all you need to do if it's dynamically linked is patch and compile that library. No such luck with statically linked software.

>$2,000
The problem is that all of the competent coders here have jobs, and the ones who sit around and preach free software all day don't have any skill.

Nobody is going to quit his day job for months, to make 2k.

>write "hello world" to the console
>make stdout readonly first
>segfault
It's the definition of unsafe.

Not same guy.

agar.io naaaww.

An earthling who is

>Go is more unsafe than C while also having a GC.

Complete bullshit.

Point me to an instance of use-after-free, dangling pointers, wild pointers, leaking of out-of-scope resources in Go that doesn't involve the use of the unsafe package.

What's a non-shit git host?

vividcortex.com/blog/2014/01/15/two-go-memory-leaks/

THE TRUTH HAS BEEN SPOKEN. Was on the top of my tongue.

You got me there buddy. But it's not unsafe.

BitBucket

This is what happens when you try to fuck with python. Checked and kek'd at OP.

Also this project won't even get to logo stage, and even if it did it would never have critical mass. Just go to otherchan or lain if you can be bothered with slow-ish threads.
It would be cool if Einchan eventually became mainstream, man I'd use it everyday

>2014

GC came a long way since then. It had 400ms sweeps but now 40ms. And that's just performance wise.

Bitbucket, gitlab and github all belong in the trash. Neetcode is dead, unfortunately.

strawpoll.me/11351785

Fill it out, gaylords

Einchan is a massive bug to which a bbs is tacked on.

>I can't think of a single standout feature of Ruby that suits web development other than, "It's pleasant to write".

80%+ of web devs are incompetent, hackjob skiddies and that's exactly why Ruby became semi-popular.

Write the back-end in Java.
The front-end should be done in Flash.

All are terrible, what's the problem?

github.com/installgen2/rustchan

Voted. OP if this actually works you better not be a Steve Jobs faggot or we will zuckerburg you lol.

>leaking of out-of-scope resources
>out-of-scope

>vividcortex.com/blog/2014/01/15/two-go-memory-leaks/
>The phrase “memory leak” isn’t really accurate, but I can’t think of a better one. It’s more like “using memory in a way that will never be garbage collected.”

The first example is him binding cleanup to the scope of a for loop that never terminates, equivalent to putting free() outside the end of an infinite loop in C. The second is just leaving a green thread idling with its resources still live.

These are both possible in any language, GC'd or not, and especially so in C, and this isn't a leak of resources with no surviving reference like C is capable of. I'm embarrassed to reply at length because that was probably the first link you googled.

Also, why the exclusive vote? e.g. Golang backend Js front end.

gogs on a private vps or home server.

Sorry OP, you lost:

Double-trips of truths are undeniable true. OP has to take his hipster crap (Node.JS and Go), go off to lain_chan or 8_chan and never come back.

Bye, OP.

NodeJS is hipster.

Golang is more like C on steroids, the non-shitty C++ edition. Plus a decent GC. Plus parallelism and concur(two different things).

Also not OP.

EXTREMELY UNDERRATED POST

this is actually not that bad tbqh

This is pretty much what I had in mind, aside from the non-Cred Forums like UI.

Golang is nothing like "C on steroids"..

The creator of Golang basically admitted that Golang is a "language for bad programmers", that are good enough to work at google but not good enough to be decent in Java or C.

Golang looks super easy in the beginning, but the further you get the more problems you will notice, for example channels: they are a great idea, but the more you work with them, the more you realize they are not as powerfull as they should be (or could be).

I really liked the ideas of Go, but currently Go has many subtle problems. I'll wait for the next big release and give it another shot then.

Good goy! Magnificent, and in Go. Perkin up quite well with all those features you implemented.

Is it multi-threaded?

Go is actually great for this, you knuckle dragging mouth drooling retard-nigger.

>go
lol

> (You)

>The creator of Golang basically admitted that Golang is a "language for bad programmers", that are good enough to work at google but not good enough to be decent in Java or C.
Would like some source on that. If available.

>I really liked the ideas of Go, but currently Go has many subtle problems. I'll wait for the next big release and give it another shot then.
When was the last time you gave it a try?

The software is already out there. I could spin up 56888846chan in about 30 minutes.

>Would like some source on that. If available.
Source: his ass.

Real sources:

The key point here is our programmers are Googlers, they’re not researchers. They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software. So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt.

It must be familiar, roughly C-like. Programmers working at Google are early in their careers and are most familiar with procedural languages, particularly from the C family. The need to get programmers productive quickly in a new language means that the language cannot be too radical.

>tfw wanted to post my rustchan first
t-thanks
Well it's not like mine is an actual chan.
github.com/TopicForumDev/topic

It uses Go's default http server which is multithreaded by default and starts some others for image processing and managing the database.

wakaba.c3.cx/s/web/

Buy hosting
setup software
get bored and take it down after running out of bandwidth.

Underrated... Sad but true.

However, Googling code is what I agree with you to consider frowned-upon-material. But sometimes you get stock on a concept rather than "how to do x." otherwise, language docs or library docs.

"Googling" everything without any originality is the problem.

People need to do some low level shit imo.

I thought google only hires the elite of the elite, at least that's what their hiring procedure implies.

>Would like some source on that. If available.

Here you go:
"The key point here is our programmers are Googlers, they’re not researchers. They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software. So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt."
>channel9.msdn.com/Events/Lang-NEXT/Lang-NEXT-2014/From-Parallel-to-Concurrent

"It must be familiar, roughly C-like. Programmers working at Google are early in their careers and are most familiar with procedural languages, particularly from the C family. The need to get programmers productive quickly in a new language means that the language cannot be too radical."
>talks.golang.org/2012/splash.article

Neat and promising, user!

I figured there must be separate threads for ffmpeg+image processing and DB queries. Different from the http server threads.

>So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt.
This sounds like pretty retarded reasoning, because in practice Go appears to be one of the most radical language for it's popularity.

Go may try to be procedural like C and shit, but it has all these other weird concepts that you don't see anywhere else, like needed to use composition for *everything* and no generics. If you learned OOP in college you have to completely rethink how to structure a code base such that it will work well with Go compared to what you might have used for something more standard like C++, C# or Java.

If you're going to be adding so much new shit that requires you to think differently about how you structure code, you might as well go full OCaml in the first place. I understand his reasoning, and Go would be pretty great imo if it did what he said and was an easy as piss language to jump into from C, but it's not. Maybe it is for writing small 100 LOC projects, but not big shit that requires carefully thought out structuring.

This is the issue I take with Go, and I think a lot of other people do too.

you really think they are hiring the elite of the elite when they have 50,000 employees?

Did people forget that facebook/goog are now microsoft/ibm like real companies? They might pay lipservice to the whole startup scene but I doubt they are still running everything that way

Haha, I didn't notice this guy here already posted it:
Well, here it is:
Bascially Go is a "knife for kids", so they bb's first programms don't hurt.

You can be sure that the (important) business logic gets written in C or Java. Go is just a facny langauge to attract some hipsters.

..and google is also not evil (because they say so), right?

Anyway, the point is:
1. a good scientist/reaseracher/frontend guy doesn't have to be a good programmer.
2. google is agressivle pushing their own products (framewroks, langauges) into any kind of internet niche.

>you really think they are hiring the elite of the elite when they have 50,000 employees?
Do you think it would be hard for a company like Google to hire 50,000 elite developers?

these benchmarks are 3 years old and php 7 actually made impressive leaps in performance

i do not condone the usage of php but this is just garbage posting on your part

Google was made by and for Jews and their policy is to gobble up and infiltrate and assimilate everything possible in a manner that makes 90s Microsoft look like a kumbaya circle. People give them a massive pass on this because they're fucking dumb as rocks.

Go gets faster faster than PHP gets faster.

yes, I really do, because hiring competent developers is fucking hard to do.

>some guy that worked on cirnOS now is a kernel maintainer.

what was this?

Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't touched it in a while but someday I may put it back up on a VPS again for Cred Forums to play with. Though despite threads like these it's unsurprisingly pretty hard to generate interest in a new board (and I'm not really sure I'd want to administrate or pay bandwidth charges for one anyhow).

Banned Languages:
>PHP
Pic rel .fb is still "compiled" php
It's all becouse criple is idiot, same with czaks and other irc whores how haven't write anything massive and have less then 4 yr experience.

Lmao you're so fucking clueless

MADMAN MODE:

Bash

> There are many, many reasons to avoid PHP on pain of death

As a PHP developer who makes a generous income using PHP, please elaborate.

> inb4 php.net/manual/en/pdo.prepared-statements.php and php.net/manual/en/function.htmlspecialchars.php and php.net/manual/en/book.pdo.php

Bb's programs? It has {c|g}ouroutines and channels and interfaces(with a weird way different from other oop languages). Yes author is contradicting himself saying it's easy to pick up from C in terms of how the program is structured. But again it has advanced parallelism and concurrency concepts that need to be understood in terms of usage and how they are implemented. This is no bb stuff unless you just show them the usage.

For example in gamedev there's a difference between somebody who uses Update() loop and another who also implemented and Update() and Draw() game loops on his own and figured how it works.

>Google saying it's not evil
Like you implied, we never know/trust that.

If this end up written in something other than Perl you should all kill yourselves

PHP > All other languages

Only language to feature HTML and Titties!

> php.net/manual/en/function.htmlentities.php

>it's unsurprisingly pretty hard to generate interest in a new board

Perhaps because others already did it, and no one cared. It's not like there is no other image board out there (lainchan, 7chan, 8 chan ..). The problem is we are stuck here forever, because Cred Forums is like the old hag you married 20 years ago - and most of the time you don't get why you are still with her, but every now and then she lets you f&%k her - and damn, she's still a cutie, even after all these years..

>Perl
>not FORTRAN

Suicide, it's what you should do.

I use php but I wont' deny it's confusing, inconsistent and has insane defaults

it's getting better slowly but goddamn did we have to suffer for a long period of time.

Also the whole embedded html thing makes people lazy and so they don't use templates when they should.

I have to read documents from some government agency and they are generated by FORTRAN.

FORTRAN is fucked, first because there is almost nothing on the web about it, and secondly because it's formatting is designed around computers built 30 years ago. We have devices in our pockets that are powerful enough to access the collective knowledge of the human race and double as a movie theater, we don't need programming languages anymore that worry about how every single byte is used.

Oh, and I'm new here, how do you post code?

Go to sleep dad, you're drunk..

That's exactly the problem:
They _pretend_ Go is so easy. And f*ck me if the syntax doesn't look delicious..
But the deeper you dig the more problems you notice. Especially with channels, they are advertising it as the killer feature of Go, but channels have many problems.. or let me put it like this: you can use them for some things, but not for all the stuff you would like to use them.

I'm really sad about that, because GO sounds like a great idea. We need exactly that: a small, lightweight fast and powerfull language that can into concurrency and parallelism. But somehow they messed it up along the way. It's a shame.

[ code ]

//code here

[ / code ]

..without the blanks.

I tried using Go on Google App Engine, I mean, what better place than Google to test out their new code.

It took about a day to figure out that no one else is using it and there's next to no documentation on it. Almost anything I want to do in PHP, I can type "php how do i ..." and get a hundred answers on how to do something. Doesn't matter to me if Go is the greatest language ever, without documentation that I can quickly and easily reference, it's nothing more than a huge waste of resources and time.

Making Cred Forums open source isn't really going to solve the cost problem. Also, 8ch as it stands is also losing money. The difference is Jim isn't really asking for any.

>Ruby, Python
Too slow for a high traffic site like Cred Forums

>PHP
Shouldn't be used for anything. Node is faster anyways.

>what about C
Because I don't want to have to do a security audit over all of the shit code you guys write.

I want to write performant code that uses fewer servers. This would help keep costs down.

When it comes to channels, I agree it feels like things could go wrong there but if you use em just like how you would closure a global flag/var within your couroutine then you should be good I guess.

Otherwise, I have no idea maybe you're speaking of other use cases of the channel. Honestly I'm not a Go guru myself.

I just find channels a nice way to send status info between multiple goroutines.

Also I hope there will be optimizations like __inline__ in C now that you used underscores for emphasis lol.

>Node is faster
Don't talk outta your ass man. It's single-threaded lol!
Even if not, there's a ridiculous amount of modules that you just use with little business logic.
JS is supposed to be a client-side technology. Just that.

Only use case I would think of is a messenger Web app i.e I/O bound program.

>It's single-threaded lol!
So is PHP

>>PHP
>Shouldn't be used for anything. Node is faster anyways.

PHP has one job, making web pages and it does this very well. I think a big part of the problem is that since it's so popular and a lot looser than other languages, a lot of amateurs write shit awful code in PHP and then people blame the language.

Feel free to explain to me what's wrong with it and I'll be happy to show you how little you actually know about it.

>it does this very well
What the fuck am i reading?

>Feel free to explain to me what's wrong with it
google "fractal of bad design"

Slower than Node and painful to write in.

Most web applications, Cred Forums included, are I/O bound.

Article from >>

Yeah, i haven't followed it since then.

What advantage would you say PHP has over JavaScript in any case?

Does PHP still have super shitty debugging support? Is it still ass slow, or is it JIT'd now?

>I/O bound
If you're going to build a new website, why would you use I/O bound at all?

> wiki - The I/O bound state has been identified as a problem in computing almost since its inception

Kek has spoke, Cred Forums will be in php forever.

The article harps on php.net/manual/en/function.strpos.php

This is pure cherry picking, this is one of the few functions that works this way and I agree it's definitely not favorable but they just added negative offset in version 7. Not my favorite function, but it works just fine.

Ruby/Python among the most widely used back-end languages.
HTML/CSS/JS are front-end languages no matter how much you want JS for everything.
Go used only by Google though it is slowly adopted by others.

i literally haven't read that article in maybe 3-4 years now. But i recall he harped on about how fucking weird everything was, not that it couldn't get the job done.

PHP is a server side language and Javascript is a client side language, two completely different things.

Should only be using jQuery these days anyway and PHP works wonderfully with jQuery.

I've never had an issue with debugging, I find it much, much more difficult to debug jQuery than PHP. You can add as much debugging as you want to PHP, you can even wrap database calls in "if" statements so that if they fail you'll know why.

>Infinity is a cheap, uninnovative cludge
I hope you're not suggesting we do what Infinity Did, But Better™ and make a redditchan, right?
Boards need to be fixed, and ideally, it would literally just be Cred Forums. Straight up. Nothing different, everything's the exact same, but run by anons for anons.
And I don't mean like 7chan, I mean, there should be one guy who's in charge of the servers, but Cred Forums shouldn't be his primary job, he needs to be able to pay for the website out of pocket (with what little money he may get from j-list and personal ads). Basically, this website should be run by a lonely man with nothing to spend his money on except keeping his memes up and running.

>PHP is a server side language and Javascript is a client side language, two completely different things.
Uh, they are both general purpose langugaes. There is nothing about either language that makes them only usable for those two tasks, or even particularly suitable.

>I find it much, much more difficult to debug jQuery than PHP
You realise jQuery is not a language right? What the fuck is wrong with web devs. fuck me.

>you can even wrap database calls in "if" statements so that if they fail you'll know why.
The fact that you thought that pointing out that you need to do that in PHP to find out why a database call failed just makes me want to fucking cry. Fuck me.

It doesn't and won't be for some time.
Take this emergency time to enjoy some conversation instead of frog pictures.

Tox?

Congratulations Cred Forums, you turned a conversation on how to fix this damn site into a language dick measuring contest. Never change.

PHP doesn't require defining variables as integers, floats, chars or whatever and the article goes on and on about how problematic this can be.

That's great, but this is a programming language designed to create web pages, it's not designed to build accounting software. So much of what that article is complaining about is irrelevant in regards to the purpose of the language.

If you want to write a program to calculate advanced scientific theorems and you choose PHP, you're an idiot. If you want to make data driven web pages, then PHP is a great choice.

PHP has had multithreaded support since 2000.

you are a fractal of bad ideas

Use C++14, then it will scale.

>like a decent place to plug my old hobby project
lel; it seems nice though

Lol, but really there's hope, and it's made by this gentle user AND in Go.(actually multi-threaded)

god you guys are gay

> Uh, they are both general purpose langugaes. There is nothing about either language that makes them only usable for those two tasks, or even particularly suitable

JS is a script sent to a browser to be processed and PHP is a script that is processed on the server. Now, it's true, Google Apps Script uses JS as it's language, so it can obviously be used for other purposes, but I don't know of any browsers you can send PHP code to and the browser processes it, so I'm not sure what other, if any, applications people are using it for outside server side web development.

> You realise jQuery is not a language right?

Never actually said that, just said that everyone is using jQuery as opposed to straight JS these days. Didn't think I had to mention that jQuery was a JavaScript library, just assumed most people here were familiar with it.

> The fact that you thought that pointing out that you need to do that in PHP to find out why a database call failed...

You don't have to, you have the option too. It will, of course, generate an error, but I'm referring to is that you have the option to decide what to do when there is an error instead of the website just spitting out some generic error. You can redirect the page, write a custom error, send an email, or reload the page and try to make the db call again. I'm just responding to what the linked article said about 2012 PHP error generation problems.

The dumb part about that rant in the context of this thread is that JS is one of the most dynamic typed languages out there (there's actually an interesting argument as to whether it's typed at all, since it won't throw a "compilation" error for a "wrong" type value).

Both languages are similar in that they attract dumb criticisms for the wrong reasons when they have visible and serious flaws (very visible in the case of legacy PHP).

Where the fuck can I find source for the Hiroshima saying we're ruined? I only saw a few screens,

Yeah, I would never deny that older versions of PHP were very dangerous for amateur programmers because you were left with regex to sanitize incoming variables and that's neither an efficient or easy way to process data, but once they added prepared statements that became a non-issue (although they still allow the old way, which is not good).

I get why PHP got a bad reputation, but it's simply not the programming language it used to be.

twitter.com/hiroyuki_ni/status/782730299574714368

Alright, how much money will it take to buy this shithole from japmoot? We need to be independent.

PHP's main source of slowness nowadays is the start-up cost. Everything has to be reinitialised every damn request. Reactphp was supposed to fix that but i haven't checked progress in over a year and many libraries wouldn't work because they expect things to be cleaned up after the request is over.

I still wouldn't use PHP because frameworks still suck, partially due to lack of proper decorator syntax.

bump

>which was an open source alternative
open source doesn't stop faggot mods/admins/owners/whatever from fucking up a site. it has happened and will happen on every chan, period. it happened on 4, 8, 7, ever chan. the only one I can think of where that didn't happen last I checked was 420 because everyone on there including the owner were just too out of it.

Hold on you guys, we haven't even created the logo yet!

why isnt java a pooloo

Lisp

I propose a new name for a new chan based on Cred Forums

4½chan

And how would you expect that to work in a URL?

4.5chan.net

Jesus Christ. I have learned so much here, but also.... the disappointment.

Is anyone actually going to get this logo designed or what ?

It's a nice thought, but Cred Forums will never deliver. It's time to let this site go...

I'm doing a Cred Forums rewrite in Python just because it's banned

4hc.net

2ch managed to have its Cred Forums board save the website with some Linux hackery back in the day but no one is going to front that kind of expertise with the condition of people who browse this board today and the fact that Hiro hasn't really had the same likeability since the 2ch split incident.

This kind of website should in theory be semi-profitable yet Hiro has managed to run the thing to the ground somehow while moot didn't manage to do so. I feel like it does do the Internet a degree of disservice not to have an English imageboard that serves the same place as Cred Forums does now but at the same time, I wouldn't mind the website disappearing.

The main problem is even if you can replace Cred Forums with a technically better site, there is no mechanism that will ensure 100% migration to the new site even if Cred Forums redirects to it. Everything else is a matter of having the right people and talent to build but user migration is the #1 thing you can not control and that a Cred Forums replacement site needs.

here u go

>88
>88
>88
>OP's image has a nazi insignia
>the first reply's digits are literally praising hitler

can't make this shit up e montezkue

wait.
Didnt an user from here made agar.io too?

>Replacement
>In node and go
You don't belong here

>jQuery
No, fuck off with that shit.

jQuery is just going to add bloat. It should be used for doing graphical stuff (and even then I'm not in total agreement) and Cred Forums is not about pretty graphics.

The javascript on Cred Forums is lightweight and doesn't make my browser lag when I switch tabs, which should be the case for every site.

Yes

higher res because it deserves it

>Even if half of the posts here are shitposts, the other half are good
This site is 99% shitposts dude

Ocho chan is ok,

kys

>FORTRAN
>Not Haskell
shit nigga what are you doing

This, what's wrong with Python?