Windows 10 Loses Marketshare in US

Last month Windows 10 lost 1% marketshare in the US according to stat counter. Net Marketshare and steam user stats reported similar findings as well.

Has Windows 10 run out of steam?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
netmarketshare.com/report.aspx?qprid=11&qpaf=&qpcustom=Windows 7&qpcustomb=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yup. The Cred Forumseeks and Cred Forumsurus are realising how shit it is.

holy shit yes please. then intel will have to support win7 with kaby. it was the stupidest shit that AMD toed with line with microsoft too. from what it looks like, zen's IPC won't be better than skylake's. zen could have been the cheaper, slightly slower alternative to skylake and won quite a bit of the market. i know i was waiting for zen/kaby. instead i bought a z170 board to keep 100% win7 compatibility.

I know at least at our small business all the new computers we've been getting have been Windows 7 by request. I think after the disaster that was the anniversary update people are waking up to the unpleasant realities of Windows 10.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with windows 10.

5 cents have been deposited to your account, poojeet

Is this why Microsoft is sabotaging the Win7 updater now?

If you reinstall Win7 these days, you have to manually install a bunch of KBs in a specific order or you wont get any updates at all.

>7 still higher than windows 10
It's over
Linux has won
Microsoft is finished and bankrupt

Why does microsoft insist on releasing a shitty botnet OS when releasing an updated windows 7 would be more profitable?

Windows 10 made me switch to Linux.

>linux has won
HAHAHAHAHHAHA
jesus
Linux fags are delusional
you are only at 2 percent market share for desktop/laptop computers

>Unstable
>Forced reboot
>Cortana dumber than brick, dumber than speech recognition in windows 7
>Forced driver selection
>FUCKING ADS everywhere at each update
>Explorer crashes
>Random freezes

Worse than vista. So shit they gave away for free but still falls behind 7

WINKUCKS SUICIDE WATCH RIGHT NOW AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

POOTELLA B T F O

Spying on normalfags who dont give a shit is pretty profitable. Just take a look at Android.

What are they gonna do? Block their OS?

This absolutely does not surprise me. Win10 has been such a disaster. Satya needs to be shown the door.

>windows 10 ads and forced upgrades removed
>windows 7 and 8 start going back up
that's just too great

if the upgrades were forced then 7 and 8 would have 0 percent marketshare

People actually use operating systems that show them ads?

I didn't know that

I would have thought it was a meme

Windows 10 was just Microsoft trying to consolidate their OS line into one product, probably so they could cut developers and save money and then focus on areas that are profitable.

This operating system freaks me the fuck out sometimes.

>jerk off for a bit
>shower
>come back
>see this (not my pic)

>7 still higher than windows 10
More importantly it looks like 8.1 is on the rise. It seems people are dropping 10 and migrating to 8.1.

Sensible decision. It's almost like Windows 10 but without most of the spying and annoyances, but keeping things like fast boot and native ISO mounting. It's also faster than either 7 or 10.

"Unknown" is also on the rise. In just a few months it moved from ~2% to around 5%

Yeah you're right. Wonder what's up with that if it's not mac or windows.

> 2 percent market share for desktop/laptop computers

And yet for most people (normies), most of their "computing" isn't done on those devices. It's done on their phones... phones which run on linux, or gay linux.

Banking? There's an app for that.
Music/entertainment? Apps for that too.
Other internet stuff? Apps for that.
Games? Apps.
Communication? Apps, or it's the phone itself.
Finding people to fuck? Yep, apps for that too.

The only things their phones can't do for them is stuff related to work or word processing for school or something, but they'd just use their work computer or go to their school's library for that.

Linux has literally won, just not in the way most neckbeards thought it would.

[spoiler]It's Gentoo.[/spoiler]

Yeah, win10 sucks big time. There's just no reason for it. It does absolutely nothing at all better than win7 and looks ugly as hell.

I have to guess chromebooks/chromeOS, probably partly other linux distros as well but likely not a significant amount.

>then intel will have to support win7 with kaby. it was the stupidest shit that AMD toed with line with microsoft too
It's not Intel nor AMD the ones forcing Windows 10 support, it's Microsoft that isn't adding support for them in earlier Windows versions
Linux won, GNU/Linux won the server
Freedom still lost
People using spoofed user agents

I love windows 7, I can access my control panel in a relatively straight forward fashion.

>>Unstable
False.
>>Forced reboot
False.
>>Cortana dumber than brick, dumber than speech recognition in windows 7
False.
>>Forced driver selection
That's a good thing.
>>FUCKING ADS everywhere at each update
False.
>>Explorer crashes
False.
>>Random freezes
False.

Wew lad

Where is Windows 9?

You're not getting paid for this post Rasheed

Not him but saying false to every point doesn't make them wrong. It just makes you look like the shill you are.

2 cents have been deposited into your account, Pajeet senpai.

It was too strong for modern hardware, the devs gave up, and Microsoft left the development for the next version to NSA. And that's how Windows 10 were made.

Intel support Windows 7 either way
You just don't get some power-saving features

>he hasn't heard of chromebooks

Java checks for windows 98 or 95 with a "Windows 9*" check

Is it not because people would have been getting in on the free upgrade, and that recently ended, so, yeah, the marketshare would drop?

Win 10 use has stopped growing, so now we wait until win7 devices become obsolete or get broken and people buy a new device, which will probably be win10.

Also, why OSX isn't split into its different versions?

>Win10
>No tape over laptop camera
>No styrofoam over microphone

Why are you even here?

>not forcing your hot Cortana waifu to watch and listen to you masturbate

in other news according to steams updated september results windows 10 gain more marketshare.
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
>Steam's HW survey for August 2016 for Win10 64bit 47.44% +2.77%
>Steam's HW survey for September 2016 for Win10 64bit 47.48% +0.04%

also to quote op's article:
> It went from 47.25% in August to 48.27% in September. Likewise, Windows 10 usage fell from 22.99% to 22.53%. Windows XP also decreased, from 9.36% to 9.11%, along with Windows 8.1, from 7.92% to 7.83%.

>Windows 10 usage fell from 22.99% to 22.53%
down 0.46%
>XP also decreased, from 9.36% to 9.11%
down 0.25%
>Windows 8.1, from 7.92% to 7.83%
down 0.09%

grand total: 0.8%

>windows 7 went from 47.25% in August to 48.27%
growth total: 1.02%

it's fucking nothing. all well within margin of error.

this also isn't the first time this has been shown
netmarketshare.com/report.aspx?qprid=11&qpaf=&qpcustom=Windows 7&qpcustomb=0

if we look at its history windows 7 has gone up and down since windows 10 release.

overall all this means is windows 10 adoption has plateaued in both gaymer and normie. though gaymer's have embraced the botnet since it holds the largest market share on steam with its 47.48% share compared to windows 7 28.68% share.

10's adoption should be increasing since 10 will only support the latest and greatest cpu's from both amd with zen and intel with kaby.

pajets on a suicide watch

inb4 microsoft crushes nvidia just to get dx12 running and get people to switch to win 10.

>not my pic
nice reading comprehension m8

DESIGNATED