Why is it so fucking difficult to get an entry level job?

Why is it so fucking difficult to get an entry level job?

I have an A+ cert and live in NYC. I know a lot more shit but I dont have the money to spend on certs, or the time to study since I work full time already for minimum wage.

Im looking for entry level shit here, yet all these companies want 3-5 years of experience + comp sci degree for DESKTOP SUPPORT.

ARE YOU KIDDING?

I have a friend that is a Network Security manager and he said that Desktop support is chimpanzee tier shit and theres no reason why those requirements are so high.

What can I do? A lot of people told me if i get my A+, i could get in. Ive been actively applying for 3 months now, to over 50 positions.

My resume is filled, no gaps in employment and im currently employed for over two years now. I have a lot of volunteer work and references from high ranking NYPd officials and an extremely successful millionaire businessman.

Ive tried programming but I just cant grasp it, and im sure there are plenty of compsci majors that arent employed so why should I bother with that.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credentialism_and_educational_inflation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he lives in burgerland
There's your problem. The reason you're not getting employed is because Pajeets will do that job for less pay and longer hours, AND have a much lesser chance of quitting because they depend on that shit. Look at it from a business perspective.

>He doesn't apply because he doesn't meet the job description requirements

The filter works loser

your resume is obviously empty regarding shit that matters to the position you want.

stay in school and stop listening to fucking tools on Cred Forums like

>NYC

There's your problem buddy. Move somewhere else, the competition is too stiff for simple shit.

>I have a friend that is a Network Security manager
If even he won't get you a job, then there's clearly something wrong with you.

Nigger ive applied to literally everything regardless of it saying 3-5 years of experience needed.

Being edgy on Cred Forums because you can, and posting threads like this shows you clearly are responsible nor mature enough to hold a real job.

Grow up and enter the real world buddy.

nice meme kid. thanks for contributing nothing to the thread. You must be from Cred Forums or something.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credentialism_and_educational_inflation

welcome to the HR blacklist

If you have a millionaire connection, you need him to get you a connection. In the business world everything revolves around the warm handshake; if you don't have someone to contact them and say "I have a guy for that job" then you'll never get a job.

You could apply for jobs for months and not hear back on anything. If you get someone to pass your resume on to their connections who are hiring, you'll land a job.

ive already said to stay in school. if you arent in one, pick correctly and go back. your resume is obviously not full, it is empty regarding shit that is relevant to what you want to do.

tough shit

>hello here is this entry level position listed as entry level with the keywords "entry level" in the job posting
>ok but you need 5 years of experience and a car to even be eligable even if youre just doing ticket management

entry level now means entry level pay. most of the time they purposefully present over inflated requirements to prevent kids in high school like yourself from wasting their time.

maybe you should go apply at wendys or something

Applied at burger king and no call, feels bad (I'm not OP)

if you arent OP, its okay bro keep your head up.

Why even have ads for job openings, then?

apply to that job

the requirements doesnt mean shit if the candidates they get are shit. You seem competant

You are in NYC where the entire world wants to live.

Check other locations.

lol that orly book is perfect

It's really about getting that experience.

Even in my company's HR drops many applicants because they take a look at experience first.

300-500 employee sized company here.

PROTIP: You need to know someone on the inside to get any decent job here in NYC. I suggest you start making friends who work at the companies you want to get into. They won't even look at your cover letter if you don't know anyone already working there.

You need 1 year experience to get an entry level position to get experience to get the position at an entry level.

Some chucklefucks thought Catch 22 was funny enough to enact in in real life apparently. I dont find it very amusing.

so they have something to point at when accusations of unfair hiring practices are shot their way

>too stupid for a STEM degree
>went for a finance bachelor instead
>being dumb and lazy didnt do any internship
>couldnt find a job for 3 months after graduation
>settled for a job as customer service in telecom
>randomly land a credit analyst job after 2 years of customer service making 70k/year

just get lucky and pray for the stars, shit just happens without you knowing it

You can blame anybody you want, but the truth is that somebody else applied for the exact same position as their entry into the industry and was chosen because he was a better person than you.
Maybe you should have tried harder before applying.

How can I try harder than the guy who already works for the company getting the position due to nepotism and "The devil you know, the Devil you don't"

I guess I should try harder and apply for janitor positions so I can have a fair shot at the OIT position so I can get experience to have a regular position. Point being, I dont think its funny. But I am aware of why I haven't gotten the positions. In spite of them being entry level training positions.

Try befriending someone who's on the inside, dumbass. Use Linkedin or something.

I had family (albeit retired) and two Administrators for local municipals back me. At least they claimed to 'poot a good wurd in'

LinkedIn doesn't pertain to the field I'm looking for, I already tried that. For now I'm going to utilize a work experience program at a community college since nothing else I've tried works.

You're applying for positions that have a lot of competition. Certs are nearly worthless nowadays.