Gabriel Harris
Gabriel Harris

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

Jaxson Kelly
Jaxson Kelly

w3schools.com/html/html5_intro.asp

Kevin Anderson
Kevin Anderson

There is no HTML4, it's just a branding name.

Christian Cook
Christian Cook

Basically the flash killer, it included new things like audio/video elements, canvas elements, worker threads, and hardware-accelerated animations which required plug-ins like flash to do with html4.

Oliver Miller
Oliver Miller

My dumb tech friends mostly like that site.
The ones that are smarter than me swear it's cancer.

Are you meme-ing me?

Luke Gutierrez
Luke Gutierrez

Like...its more jewgle

Jordan Adams
Jordan Adams

This. We should be using browsers made by people who eat foot fungus off of their feet and weight 400lbs.

Dominic Cooper
Dominic Cooper

Takes over the Flash features

Grayson Johnson
Grayson Johnson

If you understand web shit then it's cancer otherwise it's one of your only options

Jackson Gonzalez
Jackson Gonzalez

You can't use HTML5 on YouTube at higher resolutions... what's the point?

Parker Campbell
Parker Campbell

Why use HTML5 for YouTube at any resolution?

Thomas Morris
Thomas Morris

It's kinda outdated as far as webdev goes. But if you're looking for a quick answer on an obvious question without having to decipher what the hell's going on like MDN (Which is better but rather technical.) it's good enough.

John Martin
John Martin

Media features and being able to do OS things in the browser (sockets, hardware enabling)

Isaac Flores
Isaac Flores

Because it's not the woefully unsecure Flash

Joseph Adams
Joseph Adams

Why use Flash?

Ethan Smith
Ethan Smith

There's little reason to use it other than better resolution support when there's an alternative available on a website, but much of the internet still relies on Flash and so not using it "locks you out", so to speak.

Jason Bailey
Jason Bailey

There's little reason to use it other than better resolution support
You don't even need it for that. I don't use HTML5 or Flash for YouTube and could still get 4k videos

Joshua Thomas
Joshua Thomas

Even sites that DO use flash you can generally just wait for the flash to request the video file, then play it directly in the browser. Most sites use mp4 instead of flv anyway.

You can also script around the flash stuff directly avoiding the flash embed altogether. There's nothing that really needs flash other than arbitrary DRM (not STANDARD drm) like some of the schools have on their E-textbooks which are awful and should definitely be put to the torch.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit