Nostalgia fags will defend this mediocre device

Nostalgia fags will defend this mediocre device.

Not really. It was the last nexus that was worth it but it was still just meh.

Switched to a k6000 pro for the battery.

Posting from an N5, and i have to agree.

I bought this as an temporary thing (used), since i needed a new number, and im ready to get rid of it. It, just lags too much.

I don't get the whole praise.

Well, at least it had a better design that the Pixel.

Bought one thinking it would replace my htc one m7, it didn't.

Let my dad use it until he got a note4. m7 goes to shit, used nexus 5 for a while.

Shit screen, Shit battery, Shit speaker, Shit power button (after a while it would just wake/power/reboot if the power button was even slightly pressed), Plastic scratched and cracked easily.

Atleast it was cheap and had latest version of android + community support.

Still using it, see no reason to change.

Mine never lagged, but battery life was atrocious.
I'm in case it matters.

Also The pixel looks like a cheap iPhone knockoff

Shit microphone too according to my gf and family.

Speaking of nexus, should I switch from an iPhone 6 to a nexus 6P, or wait for the pixel?

Oh, and the battery. Jesus shittttt...

sour grapes and most ROMs ever

Nexus 6P is great. I'd personally get it cheap used right now. Camera is still great. Build is great, usb-c, finger print, etc.

Cool, thanks senpai

Np senpai

Somehow it managed to get much worse battery life than a g2, the gap was much bigger than it should have been with only a 30% battery size difference.

My friends g2 lasts 6-7 hours per charge. My nexus 5 struggled to make it past 3.5 hours.

Had this. Probably the comfiest, best designed phone ever. Too bad it had no removable parts and the shittiest battery I've ever used.

The battery life is so fucking awful on the Nexus 5, I don't know how anyone can defend it.

This

Still using mine and I have no reason to not.

Doesn't lag, battery life is decent. I don't do anything too crazy on it so mileage may vary.

Roms for days and it does what I need.

8/10 just wish it had better speakers.

Still using mine for 3.5 years.
It has started lagging.
The battery dies randomly around 40%-50%, and it takes 1.5hrs of SoT time to get there. Granted, it's still the same battery as when I bought it.
The speakers are utter shit
And I'll miss it dearly.

Now to decide between a V20 or Pixel XL. Both look like shit.

It was cheapp. It's still what I use. The camera drives me nuts but other than that it's still speedy enough for calling, texting, HN, Cred Forums.

For about the first year after release, it was one of the best devices out there. Top notch hardware specs with great software support at a rock bottom price.

But the Nexus 5 didn't age well at all. I started having serious problems with the hardware right after Lollipop came out (underwater camcorder bug and the chassis started disintegrating). Like it literally started shitting itself literally right after the warranty expired (if you even want to call that meme a warranty). XDA made some decent parches to get around this shit, but I was still flashing five ZIPs a day at one point just to get basic functionality.

On an iPhone 6 now and loving it. The Nexus 5, with the shitshow that the Pixel is looking like, is now the last true Nexus phone. Damn shame.

Forget the 6P. Just do yourself a favor and buy a used iPhone so you'll never have to deal with this shit again.

I'm using it right now and have no complaints. Battery life could be a little better and SD card slot would be nice but isn't necessary for me. Runs smooth, display is just about the right size. I like the feel of the back.

Is it really nostalgia if I'm still happily using it?

Do you have any issues putting it into battery savings mode? I could do it just fine before I switched to CM13, now the option is nowhere to be seen.

Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 were both great devices. You're either retarded or a faggot.

What doest Cred Forums think about Lenovo k5 note ? 150$ seems like a pretty fair trade to me

You might have to open the quick launch menu (pull down top right by default), tap on "Edit tiles" or just swipe left to access the second page of tiles.
I never used it before but it seems to be working fine.

Meh, couple years old running aosp 7. Underclocked it to 1ghz, runs smooth and battery lasts couple days.

>nostalgia
what are you?
12?

Trolls will make these kinds of shit threads.

It is visible for me when editing tiles, and as soon as I end editing tiles, it disappears.

My first and only cell phone. Will be replacing the battery when the time comes

maybe try installing a better ROM, I have no issues with lag on mine

dont have a single scratch on my screen after 3 years

this

the n5 is probably the single easiest smart-phone to disassemble, with plenty of removable parts

>Lags
Fuck off with this bait. Mine never lags.

As for the battery. That can be said about pretty much evey smartphone.

It was the best quality/price device at the time.

i think the camera is fantastic. can take pics of documents and theyre perfectly readable

Hands down, this was the most satisfying phone I ever owned.
>Looks good
>Feels great in your hands
>Stock Android
>Fast
>reliable cell/wifi connections
>cheap

whats wrong w the 5x, 6, and 6p?

>on an iphone 6 now and loving it

kek, rather have a galaxy s3 than the latest iphone.

It's my second smartphone and it still does more than I need. I won't defend the battery life but almost everything else about the device is good enough that is still highly usable today. That said my use is so light that the battery isn't a problem either.
Also helps that it supports pretty much any network I want unlike the china phones.

>still no stable Nougat ROM

Fucking pajeets

>mediocre
Im afraid is far worse than mediocre yet people will defend it anyway

I still have an S3 and it's indeed better than an iPhone.

Rather have an iPhone 4 than a S7

I agree, but I would still prefer the S3 over iPhone 4.

You're both lying and everyone knows that.

Actually nope.

I actually have an S3 and still use it as my daily driver.

My gf has an iPhone SE and it's literally a toy instead of a pocket sized computer.

iTards literally cannot comprehend this.

> B-b-but new tech is always more better than old tech. Tim cuck told us so! REEEeeeee!!!

I've had an N5 since launch and never had a problem. Doesn't lag, no damage, battery is great albiet I had to replace it because I went way over it's cycle limit. I see absolutely no reason to change to a different phone

No, it's only figuratively a toy.

I replaced mine after 2.5yrs as the battery refused to charge. Really enjoyed it, although needed to carry a power pack everywhere I went for the last 6months of its life.
Got a 6P instead now.

Fucking this. Everytime I see a ROM I instantly go to their XDA page and check their country. I don't know how many times I experimented with shitty phone overheating ROMs but at this point I'm certain they were made by pajeets.
I trust Russia though.

No it litteraly is a toy because it's a dumbed down computer like a gameboy or tamagotchi.

Nexus 5X is king of ALL nexus

My first smartphone and it outshines the 5x like crazy. Other than the shittier battery and camera, the 5 doesn't throttle, lag, or hiccup under pressure - even with bad apps like Snap. 5x however...

i dont even know what device that is

You probably have an iPhone so you'd call that a Samsung.

just got the Nexus 6p beacause my Note Shit a brick on me(people have the same problem and says it's a Motherbiard issure and I'm liking it more than he Note 4

It does everything i need it to do and it is very easy to repair. Im on my third screen and second battery everything is working fine.