How can poorfags even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/PXHcxY
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128896
pcpartpicker.com/list/gpFjnn
pcpartpicker.com/b/b8LD4D
tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/
supermicro.com/a_images/products/Chassis/4U/SC743TQ-865B_alt.jpg
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/01/intel-skylake-bug-causes-pcs-to-freeze-during-complex-workloads/
pcworld.com/article/2464880/intel-finds-specialized-tsx-enterprise-bug-on-haswell-broadwell-cpus.html
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17140/support-lifecycle-policy-faq
technet.microsoft.com/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
ark.intel.com/products/75272/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2660-v2-25M-Cache-2_20-GHz
ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2699-V4-ES-2-1Ghz-55MB-22Core-LGA2011-14nm-145W-QHUP-Processor-CPU-/351807367359
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

by buying actual new hardware?

>mac pro hasnt been updated for 3 years

>buy PC
>can easily upgrade GPU, CPU, RAM, add PCIe cards

>buy Mac pro
>costs more than similar spec PC
>can upgrade RAM only with more expensive laptop RAM
>can't upgrade CPU or GPU
>buy dorky external Thunderbolt bays if you want to add PCIe cards

So yeah, poorfags can compete by buying superior machines for cheaper. They just don't look like 22nd century trashcans.

Waitasec. I never noticed this -- did they SERIOUSLY put the power button on the back of it, mixed in with the connectors?!

And the hardware was already obsolete by a year when the Mac Pro was new.

I got 44 cores, and 128GB RAM. Why are Macfags content with using overpriced low tier crap?

all desk based Apple devices do this
iMac and Mac Mini do it too

>Using a multi-processor server build as a daily workstation
Are you intentionally retarded?

You can up grade gpu. It also runs xenons and ecc ram for error checking. Both cant be found in a pc and is why no workstation runs windows. That and the fact windows handles ram like shit and ntfs csn only handle 4gb transfers which is a joke

>needing to upgrade
Name a single computer that can beat it for the same or less money.. I'll wait

Why would you ever need pcie cards this day and age?

>Using a multi-processor server build as a daily workstation

I don't see a problem

Ok, gimme 15.

PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/PXHcxY

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($150.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($65.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($65.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($158.95 @ B&H)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($679.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($177.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($48.88 @ OutletPC)
Other: Gentoo Linux
Other: ViewSonic E655 15" CRT Monitor ($79.95)

Total: $2578.46

The way Macs are configured by default, plus having a Unix OS means there's very little need to every truly power off the machine. They wake from sleep instantly and don't become unstable from high uptime.

For those reasons, and because Apple wants the front of the computer to have a totally clean and seamless appearance, they put it on the back

>You can up grade gpu.

>It also runs xenons and ecc ram for error checking. Both cant be found in a pc and is why no workstation runs windows.
What is this? newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128896
Some high end PCs and practically all PC servers use ECC RAM. Most use Xeons too. Windows handles both just fine, especially considering the only thing there for the OS to handle on ECC RAM is the interrupt alerting it that an error has occurred. Everything else is handled in the chipset.

>That and the fact windows handles ram like shit
We don't use Windows 98 anymore, and NT handles RAM pretty well.

>ntfs csn only handle 4gb transfers which is a joke
Flat out false. FAT32 is limited to 4 GB files, but again, we stopped using that outside of USB sticks ages ago. And about the only reason we still use FAT32 and not NTFS for USB sticks is that Apple can't get off its fat ass and implement proper native NTFS write support. Even Linux manages this.

Nice bin

is that a wifi enabled garbage can? is this what rich people are buying nowadays.

It's a self-emptying wifi enable garbage can. You put a bit of trash in the top, then render a video. You get the sound of a jet engine, then the garbage flies out the top and your can is once again empty.

>that list
did you even try?

>Name a single computer that can beat it for the same or less money
HP Z640.

The problem isn't with needing to turn it off, it's turning it off accidentally.

But I already own a trashcan.

I can stick a GTX 1080 in my PC and get 10x the performance of those AMD FirePoos in any application

>How can poorfags even compete?

Mm, yeah. Sure. That's why I don't waste money to get an inferior experience. I don't have the money available. You sure got me.

pcpartpicker.com/list/gpFjnn

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2698 V3 2.3GHz 16-Core OEM/Tray Processor ($2660.72 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock X99E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA2011-3 Narrow Motherboard ($243.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston 32GB (1 x 32GB) Registered DDR4-2133 Memory ($282.98 @ PCM)
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($315.62 @ B&H)
Storage: Intel 540s 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($289.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 540s 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($289.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: AMD FirePro W9100 32GB Video Card ($2875.00 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Silverstone 700W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply ($151.98 @ Newegg)
Ncase M1 ($200)

Total: $7310.26

Mac """"Pro""""
2.7GHz 12-core with 30MB of L3 cache
32GB (4x8GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC
1TB PCIe-based flash storage
Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM

Total $8,799.00

>inb4 muh dual firepro
virtually nothing uses both cards in OSX

>tells someone to fuck off to >still "builds" like a manchild
Precision/Z or go home

85% assembly line failure rate

Ugh, that ugly headphone jack. Hope they get rid of that in the new one

they don't offer anything with the same footprint as a mac pro

>AMD

Because that's so important for professional work. Much more important than being able to configure and reconfigure the device to your needs

Yeah, I did at first think this was like a part of the new samsung necessities line up like the Smart fridge, but I thought this was like the smart trash bin or something.

Pretty much any computer, since any computer doesn't overheat and throttle.
And any computer also doesn't have faulty graphical chips.

>Apple Trashcan uses AMD chipsets dumbfucko

pcpartpicker.com/b/b8LD4D

OP, I fucking LOVE my Mac Pro 08. Even upgraded it with USB 3.0 and SSD PCI card. And even I would never think of spending 3-4K on that thing.

I built a Skylake PC with R9 390 this past Xmas (spent close to 1k) and couldn't be happier. I still use OSX for anything not gaming or HTPC related, but I would have to be borderline retarded to dump that much cash into tech almost 4yrs old that cannot be upgraded in any meaningful way...which is very odd as this thing can be COMPLETELY disassembled fairly easily (at least compared to my old mac pro)

hardwares powerful enough to not need to be upgraded, but a new standard came out that you could use, such as usb 3 for me, I think also a wifi standard or two came out sense the time my pc was built, there is also the not enough port issues, where i could use 2 more sata ports, the list goes on, but if you upgrade every year or so regardless of need, then yea, pcie outside of a gpu is useless.

with pro cards, everything works for the pro apps, unless the app only uses cuda, and some do, amd is sometimes the better choice.

There are a few programs where on paper they perform better on nvidia, but these programs can eat fuck loads of ram, and when nvidia hits that wall they chug, while amd wont have as much of an issue.

people who think of consumption as evidence of wealth are poor, virtually by definition

wealth is expressed by investment in assets, not by gold teeth, pimp cup, gold chain and 24" spinners on your 1976 Cadillac DeVille

A lot of video and movie effects companies use PC based hardware. Cinesite who worked on some big titles recently like ID:Resurgence hired Dell to do most of their cloud based rendering and storage. All the in house stuff was mostly PC's too.

What case is that? Looks clean as fuck.

A 3000$ thermal throttled trashcan is acceptable, though.

This is blatantly false, go start a xeon speccy thread and see how many replies you get with Windows. I run an e5-1650 v2 myself. My motherboard is the only thing preventing me from using ecc ram. Fucking amd fx series supports ecc memory.

.. At least you tried.

I've been seeing this "name a single computer that can beat it for the same or less money" meme in mac threads lately.

It's great for my work, which is music. It's a great and reliable centerpiece to command (Win/OSX) slaves in Vienna Instruments. Maybe it's not as powerful as it could be but for music composition and production, it's spot on.

>What case is that? Looks clean as fuck.
Phanteks Enthoo Pro
(One of the few cases that supports SSI-EEB)

I hate the fact that there isn't a good and unified file system except for fat32 I use windows mostly but thanks to this I cannot have a NTFS flash drive, I work in a field with a lot of apple fags so sharing drives is essential.
Not to talk about normies with external HDDs formatted in journal, asking to take their files.
Talking about this, is there a simple windows utility to integrate in explorer for easy osx journal access? I used a program once but it was a mess, it should be easy like it's fat32

Thanks, user. Im in need of a case for my pc as the one I currently have (diypc silence-bk) is meant for another build. I was going to just buy another one as I thoroughly enjoy the case, but am now realizing that only 2 hdd storage bays is not to my liking. It's a great case, especially with all the sound dampening material, just has severely limited storage capabilities. Price on that enthoo pro is right where I was looking at as well.

i dont even know what that is. im not going to look it up either

feels great not to care about trashy meme technology in current year

get on my level, come at me etc

Poorfags dont need a trashcan, their world is their trash can.

tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/

Really makes you think

by knowing how to survive in the wild and shitty urban areas

Thanks kind user

Oh, noticed now that it is a programm for Mac to access NTFS, I needed the other way, anyway found on google a few good tools, thanks anyway

>costs more than similar spec PC
No, it doesn't.

It can't compete in the workstation market, though, since it isn't dual socket.

>Ivy Bridge-EP
>obsolete in the year it was released.

You can't do that.

>tfw I just got my 2500k running at 4.6Ghz on my hackintosh
>Blazeit fast performance

What are you implying, that it wasn't?
IB-EP had terrible turbo clock binning, it ran at pretty much base clock speed any time more than a couple of cores were used, on top of having an increasingly small turbo clock the more cores there were. This was absolutely devastating on the 12-core Xeon because there were very few times 12 cores could ever be engaged at once, making the 6 & 8-core chips a clear choice over it.

Because the Mac Pro was on back-order for nearly a year, it only started shipping around September, which is when Intel unveiled Haswell-E/EP, and not only did it have high turbo clocks right up to the 18-core, they didn't hit the limit until 4-6 cores were maxed out, which means they were suitable for any task at any time. Broadwell-EP is even better at this.

>What are you implying, that it wasn't?
Yes. Pretty much by definition it was not obsolete in Q3 2013.

While it's reasonable to expect people to not know the future, what Apple should have known is that there was reason for multi-CPU workstations, it's so that you can use multiple fast chips with few cores, something the MP doesn't offer.

They were ahead of their time by offering two GPUs for compute purposes, as they handle highly parallel tasks more effectively, but with no APIs within OS X to utilize both cards, it was literally useless. What they should have done was offer dual-CPU systems with one GPU as usual and ease into the GPGPU transition over time.

As it stands, Apple thinks the Mac Pro didn't do well because there's little demand for a high-end Mac, but in reality they just made a very shitty computer. It also didn't help that early FCPX was dog shit and the simultaneous dropping of support for Final Cut drove most of their customer base away.

>xenons
The fuck is a Xenon?

>A big hard black tube that the inferior white systems can't compete with.

Yep sure sounds like Cuccle Inc.

Xenon is a chemical element with symbol Xe and atomic number 54. It is a colorless, dense, odorless noble gas found in the Earth's atmosphere in trace amounts. Although generally unreactive, xenon can undergo a few chemical reactions such as the formation of xenon hexafluoroplatinate, the first noble gas compound to be synthesized.

Xenon is used in flash lamps and arc lamps, and as a general anesthetic. The first excimer laser design used a xenon dimer molecule (Xe2) as the lasing medium, and the earliest laser designs used xenon flash lamps as pumps. Xenon is used to search for hypothetical weakly interacting massive particles and as the propellant for ion thrusters in spacecraft.

Naturally occurring xenon consists of eight stable isotopes. More than 40 unstable xenon isotopes undergo radioactive decay, and the isotope ratios of xenon are an important tool for studying the early history of the Solar System. Radioactive xenon-135 is produced by beta decay from iodine-135 (a product of nuclear fission), and is the most significant neutron absorber in nuclear reactors.

Dammit. I should've worded better

I don't disagree with any of that, I'm just saying it wasn't obsolete. I don't think they could have really gotten away with dual sockets in the trash can form factor. But it still wouldn't have allowed much upgrading since IB-EP only had a few fast chips without a lot of cores.

>90+ C CPU temps under load

I don't really think that anyone wants a trash can that can burn houses down

There's no problem with that whatsoever. Xeons are made to operate 24/7 at maximum operating temperature. It's not at all specific to the Mac Pro.

>multi-socket workstations

we've... had those for a while.

Dayum you must have the tiniest of dicks.

Shitboxes need not apply.

my computer is much more powerful than ANY mac or apple computer. ANY.

That is a dog.

>using a rock to hold a hard drive in place

lmfao

And way less reliable than an actually well engineered workstation. And no, I don't own a Mac Pro.

It's so he can get inspired while making meemee musics for his youpoop channel with his push that mommy bought :^)

>tfw could afford to buy a dozen at rrp but i'm too intelligent to buy crapple shit

Can we at least agree that macOS is the greatest?

Of course you don't, pajeet, but maybe you will be able to afford one some day.
$0.10 has been deposited into your account.

No, thanks, not until they make a dual socket workstation again. And the software I uses supports Mac OS. Until then it's HP or Dell.

so is that why after 30 minutes they will throttle to run at 80c?

Y'all are completely forgetting the A E S T H E T I C of that computer. It admitted looks pretty nice to keep on your desk.

>thermal throttled trashcan
>Max operating temperature: 35°C
The thing's a fucking joke

Is that a fleshlight?

I'll have to agree with you there, but you could probably still get something better with a similar aesthetic for cheaper.

i literally sell oscillations of that crystal through the cloud to people. you think i'm joking but i'm not.

Yes

>Implying anything is more aesthetic than my Ncase

you can have your darth vader trash can

No one cares about your meme case built in someone's garage.

explain pls

FOUR 3.5 inch bays FIVE PCIe expansion slots still has two optical drives for some reason. No dust filters.

>I got 44 cores, and 128GB RAM
Considering that you have a gayming case and power suppy i doubt you have a pair e5-2699v4. You dont have a HBA or RAID card installed or 10GbE which people would get long before bothing with $8k worth of cpus which are targeted towards virtualization markets. And if they wanted to build a virtualization server you would have a lot more than 128GB of ram for those chips.

>pcpartpicker.com/b/b8LD4D
So wait, $8k worth of CPUs yet you have a pair of consumershit 850 Evo SSDs. You must really think people here are gullible enough to believe this.

The best part
>Intel Xeon E5-2699v4 ES 2.2GHz 22 Core SR2JS
>ES
what a fag, you cant even afford non-bugged out chips. poorfaggotry confirmed.

>FOUR 3.5 inch bays FIVE PCIe expansion slots still has two optical drives for some reason.
What's bad about any of this? I guess you can complain about the optical drives, but the case was designed in 2006 when 2 optical drives was common for workstations.
>No dust filters.
They impede cooling and you can dust your PC. No workstation has dust filters that I know of.

>what a fag, you cant even afford non-bugged out chips
Aren't you the retard with 2699v4 ES chips? Or am I confusing you with some other dude?

the most expensive trashcan mac uses a cpu, ssd and graphics cards that cost less than a 500$ total now.

and thats if you get the most expensive trashcan with the dual firepros.

Anyone who even thinks that this is a good machine is retarded.

>Aren't you the retard with 2699v4 ES chips?
no

My SuperMicro 743 and 825 (and really any SuperMicro 2U chassis) all have dust filters over the HDD bays. SuperMicro 14U racks also have dust filters on the doors.

>HP Z640.
top end Mac pro cost 4 grand, step up to the Z840

OSX supports exFAT i think

Which of those are workstations?

>22TB RAID 6
nigga
It does and it can read NTFS.

the sc743. why else would it have a pair of GTX 980s in it?

Speccy reports TiB, it is 24TB usable from 8x 4TB HGST 7k4000 UltraStars. Other array is 8x 480GB Seagate 600 Pros in a RAID 0

>Speccy reports TiB,
GiB

You're asking for it to fail while rebuilding.

lol wut

>the sc743. why else would it have a pair of GTX 980s in it?
That's not really what I asked. Those towers are obviously meant to hold tower servers so they may have rudimentary dust protection since tower servers are typically put into closets no one goes into. It's definitely not common for workstation cases to have dust protection. HP doesn't do it, Dell doesn't do it, Lenovo doesn't do it, IBM never did it, etc. They impede airflow and make things loud, people don't like loud.

>he fell for the 16GiB ram meme

It's a 22TB array with RAID 6 and consumer drives...Math isn't in your favor.

>2U and 4U rackmount
>tower which can only be kept in a closet

>specifically marketed for workstations
>its not a workstation

>if HP doesnt do it then that means on one else should

>HGST UltraStar
>consumer drive

the poorfag retards really are out in force today

>22TB
And because you're too retarded to do basic math and are projecting your failings on to others, pic related

>2U and 4U rackmount
That's not the case you have.
>specifically marketed for workstations
>its not a workstation
It's clearly an enormous tower workstation case. Sure, you can fit a giant board in it and make it a workstation, but it's practically deskside.
>if HP doesnt do it then that means on one else should
I didn't say that, why are you being obtuse? You bitched about Apple not having a dust filter and I pointed out that basically no one making workstations for the professional market (actual entire PCs, not just cases) don't do it. Why? It increases noise and decreases cooling for basically no benefit other than taking pictures for a guts thread on Cred Forums.

>That's not the case you have.
It is, the SC743 is 4U and the SC825 is 2U.

supermicro.com/a_images/products/Chassis/4U/SC743TQ-865B_alt.jpg

>You bitched about Apple not having a dust filter
No I didnt, I pointed out that SuperMicros do.

>(actual entire PCs, not just cases) don't do it.
again SuperMicro does

>Outdated, obsolete Ivy Bridge-E & Radeon 7970

TOPPEST LELKEK, MACFAGS

Nothing newer, except the rebadged 7970 R9 280x, has decent FP64 performance.

top kek m80
>gayming case and power suppy
A case is just a box to put shit in
If the power supply works what difference does it make? (However, I wish I didn't get this EVGA piece of shit.)

>i doubt you have a pair e5-2699v4
believe it

>You dont have a HBA or RAID card installed or 10GbE
Don't need them. My drives are DASD and mirrored. Since disk is local, I don't need 10GbE

>targeted towards virtualization markets
I decide what to use my system for. I don't let marketing departments decide how I use my system.

>And if they wanted to build a virtualization server you would have a lot more than 128GB of ram
Not a virtualization server, and I only have 128GB RAM because I like Windows 7 which maxxes out at 192GB. I didn't want to populate the 2nd bank with lower capacity RAM. I have the densest single rank RAM I could get (that was was available and on the QVL at the time). That way if I add RAM later, I will get a slight speed boost by having a 2nd rank of RAM. Although if I do ditch Win7, I'm probably going to at least 512GB, if not more.

>So wait, $8k worth of CPUs yet you have a pair of consumershit 850 Evo SSDs
Herp derp shows what you know. This board doesn't support booting from NVMe SSDs. Plus I have them mirrored and my read speed is over 900MB/s. Good enough. Also, I use full disk encryption with VeraCrypt and at the time of installation, it didn't support NVMe boot drives either (because UEFI).

>Intel Xeon E5-2699v4 ES 2.2GHz 22 Core SR2JS
>ES
Yep and I'm damn proud of it. Instead of buying a 6950X, which was my original plan, I decided to spend about $300 more for my system while depriving those greedy fucks at Intel of my money for the CPU. And since I've had other ES CPUs in the past, as well as ES CPUs are what are given out for review, I'm not concerned one bit. I have great stability as demonstrated by my 36 hour burn-in/benchmark tests and weeks of uptime under regular use.

>what difference does it make?
So people dont laugh it you. A car is just used for transporting things from place A to B, why would you want anything beyond a early 90s Civic?

>My drives are DASD and mirrored.
So a complicated way of saying chipsets fakeraid.

>I decide what to use my system for. I don't let marketing departments decide how I use my system.
WTF would you even use this for?

>Plus I have them mirrored and my read speed is over 900MB/s
So its basically shit compared to pic related?

> Also, I use full disk encryption with VeraCrypt and at the time of installation,
Using an encryption package whos authors said to not use. Brilliant. Also >2016 >Not offloading encryption on to a RAID card.

> I have great stability as demonstrated by my 36 hour burn-in/benchmark tests and weeks of uptime under regular use.
Wow, an entire 36 hours of not having a crash, amazing.

>I like Windows 7
lol what a tard

>And since I've had other ES CPUs in the past, as well as ES CPUs are what are given out for review
And I forgot, ES chips are what are given out for people to test for Intel not for "review". They're beta versions chips.

>why would you want anything beyond a early 90s Civic?

Because Mazda Miatas are the peak of automotive perfection

>I decide what to use my system for. I don't let marketing departments decide how I use my system.
Then what the fuck do you use a bunch of slow cores for?

>ES CPUs are what are given out for review
No, they aren't.

>So people dont laugh it you.
Incoherent ramblings of a retard. I have no idea what you are talking about, but it's a Platinum power supply which is adequate.

>So a complicated way of saying chipsets fakeraid.
Doesn't matter when mirroring, but I still get a bump on read speed.

>WTF would you even use this for?
Like I said, it's a workstation.

>So its basically shit compared to pic related?
More than adequate for my purposes. I can afford anything I want, and I don't see a need for a 10 drive RAID and all that bullshit. I hope you have hot spares for when one of your many drives eventually takes a shit. However, that might not be enough time before a 2nd or 3rd drive also fails, since you probably have all the same drives from the same batch, which will all fail simultaneously. Maybe if you were booting from a SAN I'd have a little more respect that your pathetic frankenstein arrays.

>Using an encryption package whos authors said to not use. Brilliant. Also >2016 >Not offloading encryption on to a RAID card.
Le backdoors and what are AES-NI instructions? You are more retarded that I thought.

>Wow, an entire 36 hours of not having a crash, amazing.
Yeah. And weeks and weeks of production use without a crash either. Fuck. Why won't it crash like you think it's supposed to? Cheap ES CPUs and all.

>lol what a tard
Hmm... it's the operating system with the largest software support base. What was I thinking... you know... wanting to have a system that can run as much software as possible.

>And I forgot, ES chips are what are given out for people to test for Intel not for "review". They're beta versions chips.
Not necessarily. The samples sent for review to all the journalists I've seen have all been marked as "Intel Confidential". Only Intel knows what differences that fully entails, but I doubt that they'd send out a CPU that could get them a bad review (and cost them, and shareholders money as a result).

>Then what the fuck do you use a bunch of slow cores for?
My cores are hardly slow.
Check your process list. Do you have more processes running than your computer has threads? If so, then processes be waiting. I have 88 threads and currently 117 processes. My processes are doing less waiting around than yours, even though I'm 'slower'

Wow you're a fucking moron.

>Like I said, it's a workstation.
So you basically bought some ES cpus so you have a lot of graphs in task manager but have no real use for them. You cheaped out and have a GTX 960 so i'm sure you're not running 3DS Max or Maya either. And it isnt a workstation, it is a shitbox. The only thing "nice" in there is the motherboard and possibly the RAM if they're RDIMMs.

>I can afford anything I want,
Which is why you bought beta chips which you dont even have errata sheets for.

> I hope you have hot spares for when one of your many drives eventually takes a shit.
4 cold spares

>However, that might not be enough time before a 2nd drive also fails,
You dont even know what RAID 6 is? lol

>And weeks and weeks of production use without a crash either.
So it sitting idle under your desk?

>largest software support base.
lol no, mainstream support ended over a year and a half ago, and extended support ends in 3.5 years.

> The samples sent for review to all the journalists
they're sent to OEMs so they can develop motherboards and other hardware. You dont know what a errata sheet is do you? ffs even retail CPUs have bugs in them
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/01/intel-skylake-bug-causes-pcs-to-freeze-during-complex-workloads/
pcworld.com/article/2464880/intel-finds-specialized-tsx-enterprise-bug-on-haswell-broadwell-cpus.html

>i dont know what kernel tasks are
>i dont know that those threads are sleeping

>a system that can run as much software as possible
Shit you can't be memeing this hard to blind yourself like this? Windows 7 support is dropping like Microsoft planned on it, even many enterprise services are no longer getting good support, even fucking hardware support is dying

>So you basically bought some ES cpus so you have a lot of graphs in task manager but have no real use for them. You cheaped out and have a GTX 960 so i'm sure you're not running 3DS Max or Maya either. And it isnt a workstation, it is a shitbox. The only thing "nice" in there is the motherboard and possibly the RAM if they're RDIMMs.
I bought ES CPUs because Intel went full kike on the price of the 6950x. I thought it would be fun to build this instead of rewarding Intel for overpricing their 10core. It was a calculated decision.

>Which is why you bought beta chips which you dont even have errata sheets for.
LOL. Is that what you do? You read errata sheets? Are you writing assembly code or some shit where you get that close to the hardware? Whatever who fucknig cares. I can always pop in 'real' CPUs in a few years when the price drops out the bottom.

>You dont even know what RAID 6 is? lol
Of course i do, which is why I said "that might not be enough time before a 2nd or 3rd drive also fails" 3 drives and your RAID6 is done.

>So it sitting idle under your desk?
I got shit running all the time. Is it pegged out? Nope. During my years doing enterprise monitoring I've never seen any systems anywhere near 100% load. That being said I have the CPU when I need it.

>lol no, mainstream support ended over a year and a half ago, and extended support ends in 3.5 years.
LOL whatever. A year and a half ago, it was Windows 8.1 that was the only desktop OS in support. Nobody used that shit. And frankly, I like extended support, Microsoft quits dicking around with shit and fucking it up (Windows 10 Anniversary update). I have a little time before I switch to Linux. And I'm only using Windows because I like the convenience of running software directly instead of in a VM or whatever.

>they're sent to OEMs so they can develop motherboards and other hardware. You dont know what a errata sheet is do you? ffs even retail CPUs have bugs in them
Yeah I know all about errata. 99.9% of the time it doesn't affect shit. The other .1% there are microcode updates for the OS. And in Linux, since it's an open source OS, I can patch it myself worst case. And since this is a Broadwell-E, Intel has had a lot of time to patch all the errata. The TSX bug is actually fixed in my CPUs. Frankly, I'm not worried about the CPU errata boogeyman.

>i dont know what kernel tasks are
>i dont know that those threads are sleeping
herp derp what are concurrent threads

Shit you can't be memeing this hard to blind yourself like this? Windows 7 support is dropping like Microsoft planned on it, even many enterprise services are no longer getting good support, even fucking hardware support is dying
Like I said, I like extended support. Microsoft has finally stopped fucking with the OS.

>they stopped cucking us and are now neglecting us
Windows 7 master race reporting in. It's lonely without new software

Extended support only applies to their enterprise services, which you already said you don't use

> Is that what you do?
It is what people who write compilers do.

>I thought it would be fun to build this
>fun
>screwing a bunch of screws

> Intel went full kike
> I can always pop in 'real' CPUs in a few years when the price drops out the bottom.
So you previously said you could afford anything, but aparently cant even afford a $1600 chip. And all the other parts in there except for the motherboard are poorfag parts.

>Of course i do,
Which is why you brought up a 2nd disk failure without realizing what RAID 6 is?

>3 drives
They're HGST UltraStars unlike you're consumershit disks.

>I got shit running all the time.
You have nothing on it. You're running windows 7 FFS because you're too retarded to figure out how to create GPOs.

>enterprise monitoring
The only enterprise environment you may have worked in was as a phone jocky on a helpdesk.

>Microsoft quits dicking around with shit and fucking it up (Windows 10 Anniversary update).
>Because I dont know what LTSB or WSUS or SCCM is

>99.9% of the time it doesn't affect shit.
Thats because compiler writers read the documents and worked around the bugs.

>The other .1% there are microcode updates for the OS
Microcode is for the CPU and it is stored in the BIOS

> I can patch it myself worst case
lol no

> Intel has had a lot of time to patch all the errata
The only microcode patches disable features on the chip for bugs like the TSX bug. And they're not going to be doing this for a ES chip because they're unsupported.

>Windows 7 master race reporting in. It's lonely without new software
You aren't missing anything unless you are gaming DX12 or whatever. There isn't much software that requires Windows 10 that isn't a game.

>Extended support only applies to their enterprise services, which you already said you don't use
Are you trying to be wrong? From the MS website fucko:
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17140/support-lifecycle-policy-faq
Extended Support will be available to all customers*. Extended Support includes paid technical assistance** (technical assistance that is charged on an hourly basis or per incident), security updates at no additional cost, and paid non-security updates. To receive non-security updates, Extended Hotfix Support must be purchased in conjunction with or addition to Premier Support, obtained within the first 90 days following the end of the Mainstream Support phase. (The 90-day requirement is waived if Software Assurance or Dynamics Business Ready Enhancement Plan has been purchased for the product in question.) Microsoft will not accept requests for warranty support, design changes, or new features during the Extended Support phase.

* Extended Support is not offered for Consumer Software (excluding Desktop Operating System), Consumer Hardware, Multimedia products, or Microsoft Online Services.

>ecurity updates at no additional cost, and paid non-security updates
>paid non-security updates
>paid
You dont have a extended support contract so you arent getting bug fixes.

He probably means Xenon lamps. This guy must really take his case lighting seriously.

Yes there is that's why I'm lonely
It's still got legacy support from programs that previously used 7 (just like how XP stuck around supported for so long but now is fucking useless), but new programs from new companies and Microsoft themselves is hard to get working with 10
Doesn't help that they forcibly change the whole OS every few weeks

They can build using a guide.
Okay?

>native NTFS write support. Even Linux manages this.
I'd just like to interject for a moment but this is incorrect, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. NTFS support in the kernel is extremely limited, ntfs-3g though obviously raises that to a more usable level.

Work wants me to set up Apple's MDM. Far as I can tell my two options are this and a mini.

Why don't they make regular servers that fit in racks?how the fuck am I going to store / secure this thing?

a mac pro and a mini is not MDM, fucking phones and tablets are

it is an endpoint, know the difference

Lelnovo ThinkServer x3500 M5.

>p95+furmark
very realistic workload, these results are practical and useful.

>It is what people who write compilers do.
I try not to write compilers. But I could if I had to.

>I thought it would be fun to build this
>fun
>screwing a bunch of screws
It's more than screwing a bunch of screws.

>So you previously said you could afford anything, but aparently cant even afford a $1600 chip. And all the other parts in there except for the motherboard are poorfag parts.
I can afford it, because I spent more on my CPUs than a single 6950x. I guess addition and reading comprehension are not your strongest suit.

>Which is why you brought up a 2nd disk failure without realizing what RAID 6 is?
I don't know if you are running RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 50, 60, or JBOD.

>They're HGST UltraStars unlike you're consumershit disks.
I got a couple of those, but I'd still trust my 'consumershit' 850 EVOs more.

>You have nothing on it. You're running windows 7 FFS because you're too retarded to figure out how to create GPOs.
LOL what? GPOs on a standalone workstation? What in the fuck does that have to do with anything?

>The only enterprise environment you may have worked in was as a phone jocky on a helpdesk.
Nope.

>Because I dont know what LTSB or WSUS or SCCM is
Oh i know all about that shit.

>Thats because compiler writers read the documents and worked around the bugs.
Wow because the binaries I run have been recompiled since my CPUs were released

The only microcode patches disable features on the chip for bugs like the TSX bug. And they're not going to be doing this for a ES chip because they're unsupported.
I checked what errata have been patched recently prior to buying the CPUs, and I couldn't find anything. Like I said, calculated risk.

>You dont have a extended support contract so you arent getting bug fixes.
Bug fixes? Win7's been around since 2009. If they haven't patched bugs by now they aren't going to.

>Yes there is that's why I'm lonely
>It's still got legacy support from programs that previously used 7 (just like how XP stuck around supported for so long but now is fucking useless), but new programs from new companies and Microsoft themselves is hard to get working with 10
>Doesn't help that they forcibly change the whole OS every few weeks
I have the opposite problem. In my company our software hasn't changed in over a decade (yes, it's supported and we pay for support) and it barely runs on 7 because it was designed for 9x.

>I don't know if you are running RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 50, 60, or JBOD.
There is a screenshot in this thread you tard >I got a couple of those, but I'd still trust my 'consumershit' 850 EVOs more.
> can afford it, because I spent more on my CPUs than a single 6950x
right... which is why you're running ES CPUs and consumer class SSDs instead of enterprise class ones like me

>GPOs on a standalone workstation? What in the fuck does that have to do with anything?
in your pcpartpicker post you said you couldnt figure out how to disable telemetry in Win10 you tard.

>Oh i know all about that shit.
clearly you dont if you cant figure out how to disable telemetery or the anniversary update

>Wow because the binaries I run have been recompiled since my CPUs were released
lol no, and they're not going to check for ES cpu IDs

>I checked what errata have been patched recently prior to buying the CPUs,
The errata for ES cpus isnt available to the public and you previously said you didnt read it here > If they haven't patched bugs by now they aren't going to.
They are which is why paid extended support exists.

stay butthurt no one is impressed by your poorfag build, and keep on engaging in massive damage control to justify your poor buying decisions.

> not using Engineering Samples
You're a FUCKING retard.

> not buying a prebuilt tower (yeah, whatever)
A FUCKING retard.

>>> buying a SATA SSD versus a PCIe SSD
YOU'RE A MOTHERFUCKING RETARD.

>Go to thread about Apple Mac
>Nothing but gay shit

>It was a calculated decision.
you bought shit you don't own hahahahaha you fucking retard

MDM server you pedantic dickhole

>There is a screenshot in this thread you tard
That's not your boot drive

>right... which is why you're running ES CPUs and consumer class SSDs instead of enterprise class ones like me
If I was running a 6950X, I'd probably be running a NVMe SSD.

>in your pcpartpicker post you said you couldnt figure out how to disable telemetry in Win10 you tard.
NOBODY knows how to disable the Windows telemetry. You can do all the shit M$ has documented, but there is still more, and since it's in active support, the telemetry can change and change and change. You don't know shit about what's going on with the Telemetry unless M$, of their own benevolence, tells you about it.

>They are which is why paid extended support exists.
Not interested. Probably dumping Windows sooner rather than later anyway. I don't use much that requires it.

>stay butthurt no one is impressed by your poorfag build, and keep on engaging in massive damage control to justify your poor buying decisions.
LOL keep being a smug faggit with your 2 generation old piece of shit system.

>you bought shit you don't own hahahahaha you fucking retard
Oh I own everything except Windows. I'm not paying for that shit.

I'm cheap. Not poor. There's a difference.

>Oh I own everything except Windows.
no nigga, you don't own es processors. they belong to intel. you bought stolen property lmaoooo, what a moron.

>That's not your boot drive
It isnt, the boot drive is a SuperMicro SATA DOM. Pic related is what is attached to the 1883ix

> I'd probably be running a NVMe SSD.
and you still would have bought consumershit

>NOBODY knows how to disable the Windows telemetry.
microsoft wrote an article on it you retard
technet.microsoft.com/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

>LOL keep being a smug faggit with your 2 generation old piece of shit system.
E5-2600v2s are still manufactured, and unlike yours, mine are retail chips
ark.intel.com/products/75272/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2660-v2-25M-Cache-2_20-GHz

>I'm cheap. Not poorw.
Which is why you bought a bunch of consumershit parts...

> Precision/Z or go home
ThinkServer >>>>>>>>>> All

Dell/HP serverfags get out

Those are servers you dumb shit. Lelnovo workstations eat dicks.

> Those are servers you dumb shit. Lelnovo workstations eat dicks.
>>>>>> tower servers don't exist
lololol

Tower servers are not workstations.

>throw it in the

wait, they put it there for us

And pray tell, what's the difference?

often times hard drive configuration, video configuration, sound configuration, many times lack of remote access hardware but that's short sighted with the existence of 4G/lte etc

>It isnt, the boot drive is a SuperMicro SATA DOM. Pic related is what is attached to the 1883ix
LOL RAID0, and it's called boot, yet claims to boot from a DOM

>and you still would have bought consumershit
cuz that's what a 6950x is - a consumer CPU

>microsoft wrote an article on it you retard
Great. You have to check it every day or they might sneak in more telemetry on you, or worse, your GPOs break the OS when MS changes telemetry... again.

>E5-2600v2s are still manufactured, and unlike yours, mine are retail chips
Both of your CPUs together aren't much faster than just one of mine. Also, if your company bought the computer, it's not yours.

>Which is why you bought a bunch of consumershit parts...
I'm winning in the bang for the buck category. I couldn't give 2 shits about overpriced 'enterprise' shit that provides no benefit to me for many times the cost. Plus my system is whisper quiet. I can't hear it at all, unlike that dinosaur you're running with those hideous loud as fuck fans.

Workstations will fit on your desk, be quiet even under heavy load, not take years to boot, etc.

ikr, alright we're going for a reboot. Dinner anyone? movie? gangbang at the lake?

For the most part, though, that's just software and is easily fixable.

A tower server will always be better than a workstation, for the most part.

> Workstations will fit on your desk, be quiet even under heavy load, not take years to boot, etc.
There's a ThinkServer that does the same thing, the TD350.

Your move.

>LOL RAID0, and it's called boot,
Its a old picture from when it ran Server 2012 before I figured out how to get Nvidia drivers to load in a VMware VM.

>>and you still would have bought consumershit
>cuz that's what a 6950x is - a consumer CPU
I was referring to the rest of your shitbox parts

>You have to check it every day or they might sneak in more telemetry on you
You claimed to know what WSUS and SCCM was yet you're saying retarded shit like this?

>your GPOs break the OS when MS changes telemetry
You clearly dont understand what the GPOs even do.

>Both of your CPUs together aren't much faster than just one of mine.
And unlike yours mine are actually supported chips

> Also, if your company bought the computer, it's not yours.
It is my personal desktop, stay jelly. Also >bixnood.net >in any way professional

>I'm winning in the bang for the buck category
No you're not. You have zero use for that machine beyond starting at task manager graphs. You cant even provide a justification for having it. And we've ruled out 3d modeling since you have a GTX 960.

> I couldn't give 2 shits about overpriced 'enterprise' shit that provides no benefit to me for many times the cost.
You dont know what non-recoverable errors are for disks do you? Or write endurance for SSDs? Or why you would want your SSDs to have super capacitors in them?

> Plus my system is whisper quiet
Really? Because in your pcpartpicker post you say "The included 200mm front fan is a little loud" but keep on engaging in damage control. Its fun to BTFO you

>not take years to boot,
lol no. between checking the RAM at POST and spin up/scanning the disks my system takes more than 2 minutes before it even tries to boot the OS

>There's a ThinkServer that does the same thing, the TD350.
Guarantee it's loud af under load and will only fit on the largest of desks. It will also have no onboard sound.
>lol no. between checking the RAM at POST and spin up/scanning the disks my system takes more than 2 minutes before it even tries to boot the OS
I don't know what's up with your machine. Mine boots pretty much instantly, even with 64GB of RAM. I barely have time to even enter the BIOS.

many workstations are based on multi socket, what makes you think the cpus are somehow souped up by a differently branded bios and chassis? the video outputs are often not trivially different. huge multiscreen control room displays like in a noc or at wherever, cern, nasa, svr rf, lots of places... those are not running off 32mb silicon gfx

audio control rooms dont use the stereo out

virtualization workstation does not need 10tb of local storage, etc etc etc...

to reiterate.. more than skin deep differences

>virtualization workstation does not need 10tb of local storage

so are you running 10 000 images or are you keeping live data for testing? i don't get your point, are you saying different needs call for different configurations?

i think we're partially on the same page guy

Why are you feeding trolls user?

A pair of Server 2012 R2 VMs acting as a file server for home.

>feeding trolls
>not just BTFOing some tard with (relatively) more money than sense

Looks like a trash can.
Why is anyone praising this again?

where there you go, it's a vm server essentially not a vm workstation from your description. a hybrid maybe. very nice

>Its a old picture from when it ran Server 2012 before I figured out how to get Nvidia drivers to load in a VMware VM.
So it's a shoop. Nice.

>I was referring to the rest of your shitbox parts
BFD consumer disks and ES CPUs. And yet I can do anything you can.

>You claimed to know what WSUS and SCCM was yet you're saying retarded shit like this?
relying on M$ to get it right

>And unlike yours mine are actually supported chips
gotta make yourself feel good about your expensive shit

It is my personal desktop, stay jelly. Also >bixnood.net >in any way professional
dindu nuffin

You dont know what non-recoverable errors are for disks do you? Or write endurance for SSDs? Or why you would want your SSDs to have super capacitors in them?
Claims to be superior yet runs RAID0.

>No you're not. You have zero use for that machine beyond starting at task manager graphs. You cant even provide a justification for having it. And we've ruled out 3d modeling since you have a GTX 960.
You really have a hard on for '3d' modeling. Good luck upgrading your 2d waifu. This isn't wierd science.
I got my video card because it's dead silent - 0 RPM fans under most conditions. And since I don't use this system for gaymen I don't care. I use it as a workstation to test some shit in VMs onece in a while, and render the occasional video.

>Really? Because in your pcpartpicker post you say "The included 200mm front fan is a little loud" but keep on engaging in damage control. Its fun to BTFO you
Yeah i replaced that front fan. Dual Thermalright 140mm fans instead now. It's fucking silent.

>not just BTFOing some tard with (relatively) more money than sense
You didn't do shit except sound like a sanctimonious fuck

>he's still trying to defend wasting money on ES CPUs
>probably thousands, too

>he's still trying to defend wasting money on ES CPUs
>probably thousands, too
I bought them for less than you can buy them currently on eBay.
ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2699-V4-ES-2-1Ghz-55MB-22Core-LGA2011-14nm-145W-QHUP-Processor-CPU-/351807367359

I could sell them right now and be out nothing.

> lol no. between checking the RAM at POST and spin up/scanning the disks my system takes more than 2 minutes before it even tries to boot the OS
See:

> I don't know what's up with your machine. Mine boots pretty much instantly, even with 64GB of RAM. I barely have time to even enter the BIOS.

> Guarantee it's loud af under load and will only fit on the largest of desks. It will also have no onboard sound.
Are you honestly trying to tell me that workstations would actually be better?
I have an old ThinkStation S20, and there's just no way. It also gets a bit loud under load as well.

> many workstations are based on multi socket, what makes you think the cpus are somehow souped up by a differently branded bios and chassis?
No.

There's a lot that's different between the tower server and the workstation, but by and large they're pretty much the same, aside from the motherboard.

Servers are much more reliable, however.

> the video outputs are often not trivially different.
Xeons don't have an integrated GPU anyways, so you're fucking retarded. Besides, just get a graphics card or an NVS 300 if you want to drive a monitor.

> huge multiscreen control room displays like in a noc or at wherever, cern, nasa, svr rf, lots of places... those are not running off 32mb silicon gfx
okay

> audio control rooms dont use the stereo out
>
> virtualization workstation does not need 10tb of local storage, etc etc etc...
>
> to reiterate.. more than skin deep differences
okay

LOL I was right.

I wasnt the autist you were arguing with. And the hardware difference between servers and workstations would be redundancy imho.

>So it's a shoop. Nice.
Its a old pic but stay jelly

>And yet I can do anything you can.
except store data reliably. ffs your SSD "RAID" has 150TB sequential write endurance. My SSD RAID has 21,040TB sequential write endurance, and 4,000TB enterprise workload write endurance. You'll lose data in the write cache if your system loses power, mine wont. You have at least an order of magnitude worse non-recoverable read errors.

>Claims to be superior yet runs RAID0.
It stores VMs which are backed up daily to the RAID6.

>I got my video card because it's dead silent - 0 RPM fans under most conditions
lol no

> And since I don't use this system for gaymen I don't care.
you dont use it for anything

>I use it as a workstation to test some shit in VMs onece in a while
if you did you wouldnt be running Win7

>and render the occasional video.
If you did then you wouldnt have a pair of 500GB SSDs and 1GbE.

>You didn't do shit except sound like a sanctimonious fuck
Well it is because i am superior to you.

>See:
then it isnt checking the RAM at boot.

>Xeons don't have an integrated GPU anyways
some do

Which ones?

The 2x and 4x series?

I doubt it.

E3s ending with a 5

you're pretty committed to trying to have been right, so far you're just agreeing while being a sperg haha. if you're not able to handle hyperbole that's ok but i haven't come across many tower servers or otherwise without obligatory video

> then it isnt checking the RAM at boot.
Well there you go.

Do workstations check the RAM at boot? No. And even if they did, I doubt it'd be faster than a server.

It's just fucking software, for the most part.

>The 2x and 4x series?
wut?

E3-1200 v3s and v4s for example have it

>Do workstations check the RAM at boot? No.
Mine does - SuperMicro X9DAE. And dont even try to say it is a server board, it comes with a SLI license and has on board audio.

>except store data reliably. ffs your SSD "RAID" has 150TB sequential write endurance. My SSD RAID has 21,040TB sequential write endurance, and 4,000TB enterprise workload write endurance. You'll lose data in the write cache if your system loses power, mine wont. You have at least an order of magnitude worse non-recoverable read errors.
LOL do you need all that write endurance? Because if not that's a waste. I don't need petabytes of write endurance. The drive is only 500GB anyway.

>It stores VMs which are backed up daily to the RAID6.
So nothing critical LOL. You got cold spares for these too? And why are your spares cold? Too poor or over committed to adequately size your array?

>lol no
lol yes

>you dont use it for anything
I'm using it now

>If you did then you wouldnt have a pair of 500GB SSDs and 1GbE.
I have additional drives too. Don't worry, they are mirrored.
I don't need more than 1GbE. My connection to the internet is well under 1Gbps.

>Well it is because i am superior to you.
Just in what you spend. Not in what you can do.

>LOL do you need all that write endurance?
Copying VMs? Creating and destroying test VMs? Changing the stripe size of the array. Changing encryption keys. etc.

> I don't need petabytes of write endurance.
because your shitbox sits idle all day long

>I'm using it now
wow, browsing the web

anyways stay btfo poorfag and be forever reminding that everyone will laugh at your ES shitbox

>Copying VMs?
LOL just copy VMs for shits and giggles? Do you even snapshot bro?
>Creating and destroying test VMs?
S N A P S H O T S
>Changing the stripe size of the array.
LOL what? You find the ideas stripe size and stick with it. Oh maybe you had to update the firmware on your RAID card and and destroyed the array. Haha. Fucking great enterprise shit.
>Changing encryption keys. etc.
Encryption keys are what, 8KB max?

>because your shitbox sits idle all day long
your shitbox is doing a lot of shit moving VMs all over for no reasn and changing stripe sizes. What a great use of resources

>LOL just copy VMs for shits and giggles?
because you never need to create VMs for test purposes?

>>Creating and destroying test VMs?
>S N A P S H O T S
you clearly dont even know what snapshots are

>Encryption keys are what, 8KB max?
changing encryption keys requires all the data to be rewritten

> What a great use of resources
> Because I dont know what bandwidth or IOPS are either

stay poor user

>because you never need to create VMs for test purposes?
You sure create a lot of test VMs if you need petabytes of endurance. sounds like you have no idea what you are doing.

>you clearly dont even know what snapshots are
Aparently I do because when I make test VMs I don't have to start from scratch every time.

>changing encryption keys requires all the data to be rewritten
what does it matter if you are just going to delete it again? jesus fucking autism.

> What a great use of resources
> Because I dont know what bandwidth or IOPS are either
Good thing you have all that speed because you need it to do the same shit over and over again.

>massive butthurt
>the post

>massive butthurt
>the post
I spent less on my whole system than he did on his SSDs. He's butthurt over all his enterprise money spent for minimal benefit.

And for a price like that, I'd rather have a separate GPU.

?

> wut?
E5-2xxx V3/V4 and E5-4xxx V3/V4 model CPUs.

> E3-1200 v3s and v4s for example have it
Why do you have to be so fucking retarded.

That's fucking LGA 1151 and not LGA 2011-v3, dipshit. Only consumer-grade shit uses that shit.

You can't honestly tell me you USE that.

> Mine does - SuperMicro X9DAE.
Lo and behold, I was right!

> And dont even try to say it is a server board, it comes with a SLI license and has on board audio.
Please read the second part of my post, here: > And even if they did, I doubt it'd be faster than a server.

And because it is capable of checking RAM at boot, my initial statement still holds true.

>I can afford anything I want
>I spent less on my whole system than he did on his SSDs.
butthurt confirmed.

Definitely not butthurt, he got his system for free :^)

My system is twice as fast and cost half as much. If you think I'm butthurt you're wrong. I'm laughing my ass off at that douchebag.

>Why do you have to be so fucking retarded.
I'm retarded because I am actually familiar with intels product line and you're not? Right.

>That's fucking LGA 1151 and not LGA 2011-v3, dipshit. Only consumer-grade shit uses that shit.
>ECC RAM
>consumer grade

>Lo and behold, I was right!
You were BTFO by a workstation board which does check ram at boot which you said didnt exist. That is hardly right. Well maybe if you tell yourself it is enough, you'll actually believe it.

>> And even if they did, I doubt it'd be faster than a server.
The only difference between a workstation and a server hardware wise is additional redundancy for the latter, and the former has 3d graphics and audio.

>The only difference between a workstation and a server
is the role it's deployed in

What the fuck is even the argument in this thread?

>What the fuck is even the argument in this thread?
Some twit wants to prove he spent more than someone else for a lower powered system.

we are debating whether or not poorfags can't compete

maybe they can with FLOPS and IOPS but they are not banging 10/10s weekly, many are neet virgins.

so no, poorfags cant even compete

It's a crystal, Marie.

that second cpu hates you but im sure you know about the cooling decisions you have made

shit... well either way it's running gentoo now

Whoops, read that as E5. My mistake.

> I'm retarded because I am actually familiar with intels product line and you're not? Right.
Because I was well aware that E3 series of CPUs had integrated graphics, fucktard, and had stated before whether or not 2x or 4x
(which I had wrongfully assumed you had understood because no consumer-grade (read: built for use with Ivy Bridge, Sandy Bridge, Core 2 Duo and like sockets) Xeon processor uses that designation, as these were built for use with dual-processor or multi-processor setups, respectively, which was not the case because you're a fucking retard) HAD integrated graphics.

To the best of my knowledge, it does not.

You're still wrong, and you're still a faggot.

>>ECC RAM
>>consumer grade
Yes, consumer grade.
Just because you can use ECC RAM doesn't mean shit.

LGA 775 Xeon chips were patently consumer grade, LGA 771 Xeon chips were patently business class, and they both can use ECC RAM. Same with the Xeons of today.

> You were BTFO by a workstation board which does check ram at boot which you said didnt exist. That is hardly right. Well maybe if you tell yourself it is enough, you'll actually believe it.
I don't think you understand, you fucking retard.

Can you comprehend basic English?

I have to cut my post because Cred Forums thinks it's spam.

Continued from When I say
> And even if they did, I doubt it'd be faster than a server.
It renders the statement directly previous as a contingency.

And that's hardly BTFO-tier. Gbtledditplz.

> The only difference between a workstation and a server hardware wise is additional redundancy for the latter, and the former has 3d graphics and audio.
That is exactly what I have been arguing for the past few hours, you fucking dipshit.

Way to prove me right.

For the most part, THIS.

I'm trying to prove to some faggot that a server and workstation are basically the same fucking thing but servers are better.

>I'm trying to prove to some faggot that a server and workstation are basically the same fucking thing but servers are better.
Good luck.
I wouldn't have guessed that 4chin would be the nucleus of snobbery, but it seems that way.

mainframes are better than either, anyways

I'll just leave this here.

Thank you.

This is true, but they're pretty expensive.

The cheapest mainframe from IBM cost 80k, last time I checked.

>I'm trying to prove to some faggot that a server and workstation are basically the same fucking thing but servers are better.
lol.

It's true.

What workstation has hot-swappable and redundant fans and power supplies, 32 external drive slots - also hot-swappable - 80 PLUS Titanium or Platinum power supplies by default, ludicrous reliability and extensive serviceability?

I own a trashcan and honestly, that's where it belongs. Utter trash.

Can I fuck it ?