Is it true that Switzerland is heaven for programmers and generally IT people? Any of you live/work there...

Is it true that Switzerland is heaven for programmers and generally IT people? Any of you live/work there? Any Switzerlads?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/24/islam-radical-young-politics
thecollegematchmaker.com/52-colleges-offering-full-tuition-scholarships-national-merit-finalists/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Switzerland in general is fantastic, but good luck getting citizenship. We're closing the borders at the moment thanks to all the wonderful refugees flooding all the surrounding nations.

Downside is that once our neighbors are taken over we're going to be invaded, but that's why we live in mountains and carry assault rifles. Pic related.

i live in the european union, im considering something like working here for a swiss company (credit suisse for instance) then after some time if its okay ask them to move me to Zurich

Swiss here, yes Switzerland is a pretty chill country in general, you could say everything just werks. Public infrastructure is great compared to the other "first-world" countries around us.

But it's a very small country, which has its downsides. Everything we do that's purely Swiss is ridiculously cringy and lacks professionalism. Swiss television, for instance, is a fucking joke, high school filmmaking club-tier quality. Our politicians too. Of course they get the job done, but compared to the politicians in other countries it just looks like ours do politics as a hobby....

Oh and everything is insanely expensive. I guess salaries are proportionally higher too, but I'm studying ATM so I'm getting assraped by every landlord, insurance company, fast food place.

As for how good it is for IT/CS stuff, I'm not aware that Switzerland is particularly good. First time I've heard someone say this. Of course, we have the EPFL and ETH, two of the best-ranked schools worldwide (with ETH even ranked number 1 for CS IIRC), but there are more brown people than Swiss in those schools.

And finally don't listen to Absolutely nobody here "carries assault rifles". Only exception is soldiers in basic training going home to their mamas during the weekend. They get to take their weapon home to look like big boys. But yes, everyone who was in the military (almost every man) must keep their rifle at home in case of war. But no ammo. And I don't think you're allowed to carry it when you're not in uniform, contrary to the girls in the picture

Of course we have our rednecks too, mostly mountain farmers and the like, who love shooting. They gather at the shooting range and sometimes there are even "shooting festivals".

But never will you see anyone with a firearm outside of those 2 instances. This is not the US, we don't have people walking around with a glock tucked in their pants. Equating our low crime rate with "carrying assault rifles" is totally disingenuous.

I used to worship Switzerland until I heard that recently they upped their state surveillance, NSA style. Not a fan.

>Pic related.
Biased, as these idiots don't have bullets for it unlike murican high-schoolers.

You are closing the borders because of your irrational fear of refugees or should I say any human being who does not look like you. Fixed that for you.

it's good that everything is expensive to weed out the losers and keep the migrants away

Cred Forums is that way.

Migrants get free money from the state anyway

Stay away from my country fat faggot

The USA is the best country in the world if you're not planning to live on welfare or be a dumb manual worker

you mean big fat faggot (RMS)

Go be a cuck somewhere else

Worked out so well for the rest of Europe, we're just letting them get all the benefits. Don't want to be greedy you know?

Especially if you're planning on getting shot.

Switzerland has a wealth tax which is absolutely fucking retarded. Housing is also more expensive than even SV.

>SV
>expecting people to know the anrconymn for your pleb

Only GP90 is restricted. Else, you can buy anything, most /k/ friendly country in Europe with Czech Republic
>t. /k/

Switzerland recently pissed off the EU, so companies left, they're also mad racist, and hate it when people excel that aren't swiss. Good luck.

t. britbong living in basel

The USA is low cost labour for most international corps, you're the same as pajeet.

britbong here, how the fuck can I live in switzerland? advice?

>You are closing the borders because of your irrational fear of refugees
You mean "irrational fear of migrants". Switzerland is a land-locked country surrounded by countries that aren't at war. Despite what the Eritreans want to believe, the 1951 Convention doesn't allow you to play goldilocks with the country you claim asylum in.

>yuropoor being this delusional

get a job working for big blue, thats what I did

>amerifat not knowing labour rates

sorry champ, USA is low cost labour for lots of corps.

Why would anyone want to live in Europe? The whole fucking place is going to erupt in civil war once Muslims get to 20%. Secession anyone?

My ancestors escaped that shithole. We only visit to sightsee and kill fascists.

US devs are the highest paid in the world.

That's Europe.

Nice place. Too bad it'll be surrounded by caliphates in a decade or two.

yes children, keep telling yourself that.

Why would you think its heaven here for IT people?
Last I heard from a friend is that wages are too high so companies are spreading the message that theres a "shortage" of Informatiket as we call it too lower the average wage.

>being this delusional

It's true though. Go on glassdoor.com.

Tell me mountain Skype, what are the famous tech companies with big salaries up in the Alps? I've probably never heard of them. I guarantee you've heard of Amazon, Google, Apple, and Microsoft.

broseph, people stacking shelves in supermarkets are on $23 an hour, with holiday pay, and you think that doesn't scale up?

keep drinking your kool aid.

Indian companies pay more than US ones, IBM is doing shit, losing contracts left right and center.

And their rent is $3500 a month. Are you familiar with purchasing power parity?

I make way more than $23 an hour.

>Indian companies pay more than US ones

They don't. I think you're just trolling now. The cost of living in India is too low to justify that.

My rent is 1800.

Not true, can get a decent apartment for 1400chf p/m, and we're not talking about that, we're talking about take home pay, and the US is peasantville compared to schweiz.

>moving goalposts this much

Good thing I'm not a shelf stacker.

Of course they don't, that's why my girlfriend moved from US company to Indian Company for a pay rise from 160k chf to 220k chf doing the same job.

It must be great, all this crazy patriotism and flagsturbation you yankee diddles do.

I don't really care about the programming or IT, I'd just like to get the citizenship so I can carry a gun desu.

>expecting euro niggers to know economics
These are the same people who think African and Muslim migrants are good for gdp growth. Lol

I'm not American.

And my mom works at Nintendo and says you're a faggot.

>expecting americlaps to stick with the original argument when they're being demolished with facts

nice, i hope she spends her burgerdollahs on nice treats for you

What facts? The fact that retards stacking shelves are making $23 an hour so I have to pay $10 ($15 after VAT) for a loaf of bread?

Holy shit. When did the Swiss Franc take such a beating? It's worth like 1 USD.

How many bedrooms in that apartment? I can rent a house for that kind of money here.

and you're still earning more than what you'd be in the US. Purchasing Parity was only brought up by that user that masturbates to the red white and blue.

CHF was dropped by the swiss central bank to make exports viable.

>code monkey from Portugal
>only experience was C#, great knowledge about hardware and almost no knowledge about being a sysadmin
>C# experience is College Grad tied (very low)
>don't even have a Grad, only a "Professional" Course that involved Coding (equivalent of 12th grade)
>never worked my whole life, except for my father in the Construction Firm he owns for vacation cash once in a while
>apply as C# Software Dev for a Swiss PCS
>get interviewed, asks me what my starting salary expectations are
>"lol I dunno, 4500 I guess..."
>calls me 2 days later telling me to come again and sign a contract
>completely oblivious what the fuck to do, but try my best
>4 years later
>now a Project Leader for any new Process System we are asked to assist
>travel around the world whenever that happens
>also still in the Development Team porting many old C Apps that are 20 years old to C#
>also responsible for our Servers and Backup (basically sysadmin)
>earning 5500 atm
Well, I'm still not earning much, but better than nothing I guess.
We are only 7 people, and this PCS exists for decades.

Anyone can get a permit here as long you get a job, you can come here for 3 months without a permit as "vacation" and use that time for interviews and job search.

No I'm not. Is Google in Sweden? What about Facebook? Microsoft? How about Goldman Sachs?

>Purchasing Parity was only brought up by that user that masturbates to the red white and blue.

I'm not American.

>Picking the big four
>Which pay disproportionately to pretty much every other tech company where you'd be doing the same thing
>Thinking this represents a good average

Go on glassdoor and get the average you flaming homosexual.

Microsoft hires around 40,000 engineers. Google is also around the same.

Ok guys get ready for an interesting truth bomb and something that very few people have noticed about Switzerland.

In Switzerland lives the wealthiest man alive, yes he is the head of the Rothchild family, no he is not the meme that looks like Mr. Burns from Simpsons, no you will never see what he looks like or hear anything else about him other than this post, he is completely beyond the grid and yes he is the greatest puppet master alive right now.

You probably won't believe this but I assure you, this is the reason that Switzerland is the way that it is, if you can move and live there, go for it, you will do yourself a big favor. If you still don't believe me check the country's wartime and emergency fortifications...

Switzerland will soon be in a recession again anyways.
At least if shit keeps going the way it's going where we will soon have negative interests.

Well the Swiss actually know how to use their guns and have decent mental healthcare. Here in America, a mentally ill man could fudge his way through a background check, purchase a high capacity rapid fire weapon, and attempt to use it without going through any sort of training.

My uncle is from Switzerland and works in higher management for a big insurance company. He recently told me that they had to fire entire IT-departements because of Swiss staff getting too expensive and that they will be replaced by poo in the loo's. When the recession kicks in many will follow.

>paying 2k in car insurance atm
>paying 600 for me and my wife health insurance
Holy fuck, why the hell is insurance so expensive here?
Doesn't help that I recently got diagnosed with a chronically disease.

>it's racism
>surely it has nothing to do with the absolute bottom of the lower class demanding to come to your rich, well off country with a culture that is completely opposed to theres when various wealthy arab states not in the middle of civil war are WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE

US gun crime is 80% blacks you moron, its got nothing to do with mental health unless you consider all 15-30 year old blacks crazy.

Yup, if it wasn't for merchant banks, Switzerland wouldn't be as wealthy. I mean most of our population are farmers or other manual laborers, we don't have any natural resources, and Swiss people aren't gifted intelligence-wise.

> Here in America, a mentally ill man could fudge his way through a background check, purchase a high capacity rapid fire weapon, and attempt to use it without going through any sort of training.

Here is Switzerland, a mentally ill man gets through mandatory basic training, receives his own military-grade high-capacity rapid fire weapon for free, and can run amok with military precision and lethality.

And don't tell me it won't happen because it already happened.

Yes, it's a great place to be a smart manual worker.

>be an intelligent person with no social connections, white, middle class because tradie parents, no aid for you
>uni is lifetime debt + mediocre career, you are unwilling to make the material sacrifice and devote copious amounts of time to it
>need a degree from a prestigious and expensive uni to prove your intelligence to employers
>tradie life only life

So try europe instead

>free uni
>a job that fits you
>no lifelong debt just slightly higher taxes and very expensive tiered licensing for automobiles

If you are intelligent in the U.S you can go to university on a scholarship and get a six figure job right after graduation at a big tech company.

Shhh, no reality. It's racist.

>liberals don't know that acknolwedging the problem is the first step to seeing if it's actually racist and not a cultural issue, which it most likely is given all the black immigrants elsewhere doing a fraction of the murders when they are not muslims

>murica tradesman
Tons of work, great hourly wage, laugh at collegecucks who went into anything but engineering.

>europoor tradesman
Watch your family get raped by migrants while you slave away to pay 10x the cost of living and go to "free" university paid for by your sky high taxes.

Yeah, that's why every other "Swiss" name ends with "ic". Which one is it? German, Austrian, Italian or French?

Intelligent? No. Driven and extroverted? Yes.

An IQ score or a passion won't get you shit if you don't have tonnes of extracurriculars + public ed. A portfolio will RARELY get you shit. And if you're intelligent with no developed passion, and therefore nothing to show for it? Your potential is wasted with the american system. You missed the boat.

It's better to be perfectly average aside from a social climber mentality.

I'm the most introverted person I know and still have a high paying job. Sounds like you are blaming the fact that you're a failure on the fact that you aren't a Chad instead of your lack of intelligence.

>Swiss Franc take such a beating
thanks for proving that you understand nothing about economics and currency exchange rates. $1 was costing CHF 1.30 10 years ago, now it only costs us CHF 1. Our currency is currently overvalued because it's seen as a safe haven and the only reason it's not even stronger is because the central bank is selling swiss francs in the market to try to support exports.

Your house analogy actually means that for the price of a small apartment you can rent a house in the US, you're seeing it all wrong.

This meme. I live in England there's loads of Muslims, yes some are douches, in big cities, but the ones in towns like mine actually mix, I don't want a calphiate or that shit but desu, the younger ones don't care about religion, just like Christians like me, under 40s do the odd religious festival thing but aren't Orthodox with it.

>the younger ones don't care about religion
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/24/islam-radical-young-politics

You were saying?

You might have had drive, a passion, and something to show for it before you were 18. If you don't at least have that and spend your life jumping fields and procrastinating, it's a guaranteed failure.

it doesn't matter how good your memory is, how fast you can do math, or how low your reaction times are

A decent brain is nothing in a laborer training system that rewards lifestyle and personality type first and foremost.

>"well maybe if you're like that, you were never cut out for a good job in the first place, we don't want people like you quitting for a new job in two months because you're unhappy"

So Europe is good if you want to be a lazy faggot and leech off of society?

Hey swissbros, a couple of questions from someone who's interested in moving to there.

- Can you recommend any cities?
- What's the cost of living there for a couple who would like to have a ~80m^2 apartment from the city?
- What kind of salaries might we expect? (My wife and I have MSc degrees from computer science and electrical engineering)
- As a follow-up on the last one: we work with machine learning and medical technology, are there any cool companies doing that sort of thing there?
- Both of us can speak German on a level that allows us to buy train tickets (the first thing they teach us here, srsly), ask directions and have a chat about weather. Should we learn more before applying for jobs?
- How do most Swiss people see Scandinavians?

Younger muslims are usually a lot more radical than their parents you idiot.

I don't see how not beefing up a faux-resume in highschool is being a leech.

>colleges care, son
>I don't care, the system is dumb, those clubs are full of idiots, i'll beat it, i got straight 4.0s in every math class
>lol no you won't, you got an F- in english
>application letter: "good at math, want to make more money, pls let me in"

I was never part of any clubs in high school. I showed up for class and completed the assignments and exams and received good grades. I don't know how the fuck you could ever consider yourself intelligent if you got an F- in English. At this point it sounds like you are just baiting.

Switzerland is simply heaven on earth

>White
>Astonishingly beautiful scenery and architecture everywhere you go
>10/10 blonde girls are the norm
>High pay
>Guns
>So clean you can eat off the street
>Multilingual
>World's best chocolate

Other countries simply cannot compete.

Americans plz leave, your colleges are shit and your culture is nonexistant so your simplistic opinions about europe are simply trash and useless.

I didn't finish a single assignment. It didn't dent my final GPA at all, though.

So, tell me more about your good paying job because it's probably along the same lines as my shit $83k/year income

It's around double that.

is switzerland full of muslims and immigrants like other parts of germany or its the only land thats free of them?

But where do you live

and how much debt do you still have

In a one bedroom apartment for $1300 a month.
$0. I went to university on a full scholarship.

>Full ride
Being introverted? Really? I've never, ever seen one given out to an introvert without anything on their resume unless they had a stellar portfolio built up. A passion, and something to show for it.

>$1300 a month apartment
Lel.

Here's a list of 50 colleges offering full rides on the basis of a single test score.
thecollegematchmaker.com/52-colleges-offering-full-tuition-scholarships-national-merit-finalists/

i was legitimately told not to take their tests because my writing ability sharply declined from sixth grade until i couldn't turn in anything but mildly offensive stream of consciousness works and purely factual works with no formalization outside of the bibliography, citations, and quotations (probably because of the increased standards no longer letting any of that fly)

"you will fail unless you stop being a moron"

the psychologists didn't know what to do when every attempt at a respectable essay turned into a shitpost or something with the literary content of a physics publication
and the educators didn't care
>That's not our tradition, doesn't count, sorry about your autism

so i was told that my only option was to socialize and pick an interest, because i was not black, poor, or in posession of a much coveted official diagnosis for some mental disorder other than "the minimum communication skills required to function in socety", which, in the literature-prizing west, is as bad as not being able to do long division

I'm sorry. If you cannot write, then you are not intelligent.

there needs to be an /hr/ thread with pics like that

i'm sorry but a very constrained definition of communication is not the gold standard of intelligence outside of certain education systems which hold it up in the name of tradition and little else

and it never will be

does this look like writing to you?

it doesn't look like writing to every educational institution in america. everything i make, capitalized or not, is rejected for not following the format closely enough, and when i try to follow the formats, i can not write. the modes of thought they attempt to impose on students may not be compatible with all minds. it's the equivalent of judging all of a person's athletic potential on how well they can throw a ball.

Your original argument was that if you aren't a Chad and or spend 100% of your time padding your resume then you will have a shit life in America. It turns out you were just inept academically.

My only option was to be a chad because of a borderline religious adherence to certain forms of writing as a simple test of fucking rule followng behavior (there's no other explanation that isn't "snobbery")

I'd go unabomber on everyone that enshrines the limited essay, but why bother being on a watch list when more thorough failures will do it for me

It's full of minorities, Serbs, Albanians and curryniggers.

If you have basic knowledge of German, go for Zurich, it's the economic epicenter of Switzerland. Tons of companies there, Google, IBM, ... I'd guess you have to learn German a bit more, the Swiss are very conservative when it comes to language (I live in a French-speaking city, but I speak German fluently and I'm guaranteed to get hired over a non German-speaker almost anywhere). But if you have talents that can't be found locally, they'd probably hire you anyway. Can't tell about salaries, but they're pretty high. Costs of living are high too, especially in Zurich. In that regard Bern might be a better choice.

>How do most Swiss people see Scandinavians
Scandinavians are the Swiss of the North, no problems blending in. If anything you'd stand out positively for not being a Turk or an Albanian.

I know breh...