Why is Firefox on Windows so bad?

Jeremiah Howard
Jeremiah Howard

I have 100 tabs open and FF freezes and stutters whenever I try to do something. When I have firefox open in Linux it runs perfectly, even if I have 100+ tabs open

Nolan Cooper
Nolan Cooper

windows support is an afterthought

just look how long it too for them to bother making a 64bit windows build

Cameron Evans
Cameron Evans

Idk what your talking about. I have literally 393 tabs open with <1.5gb ram. Reminder your shitty bloatfest extensions.

Liam Turner
Liam Turner

having over 6/7 tabs open ever

Do people really do this

I'd say 10 is a maximum

Carter Price
Carter Price

this

Jose Lewis
Jose Lewis

I also don't understand...

Ethan Phillips
Ethan Phillips

huh? i routinely have over 10 tabs of just Cred Forums threads open

Isaiah Miller
Isaiah Miller

I don't understand those people with 100 tabs. Can't you close them?

Jack Sanders
Jack Sanders

Nice pic

Brody Campbell
Brody Campbell

+ g link = 100 tab? How can't you manage it

Colton Diaz
Colton Diaz

This confuses me too

Parker Flores
Parker Flores

what's the point ? Can't you simply use the thread watcher ?

Alexander Hall
Alexander Hall

pre or post e10s?

Seriously, I have 2 instances open over two screens on two different desktops. I also have sessions that aren't open saved elsewhere in case I need to open like 50 tabs at once.

Also it's probly your shitty extensions, I heard they keep a copy of their entire blocklist in every page on chrome. Probly true on the electrolysisfox now too.

Colton Bell
Colton Bell

22cm
/thread

Matthew Reed
Matthew Reed

Works fine for me. Althpug currently I only have around 40-50 tabs in two windows.

Parker Garcia
Parker Garcia

install gentoo.

Nicholas Baker
Nicholas Baker

Don't you have a backlog?

This is just one of three main windows I have open.

Owen Diaz
Owen Diaz

ever more than 10 tabs
Why would you ever need that many?

Jonathan Murphy
Jonathan Murphy

oh god and imdb runs off amazon's constantly-refreshing javascript system. That's some shit right there.

Daniel Hughes
Daniel Hughes

baby's first day on the internet.

Hunter Nelson
Hunter Nelson

?

Hudson Allen
Hudson Allen

wtf is a protected tab?

Mason Hughes
Mason Hughes

Can't close them unless you remove protection. Pretty useful.

Blake Garcia
Blake Garcia

Casual 100+ tab whore here. I just open any potentially interesting links and then forget about them.
Then i save them all in a bookmark folder. Right now my exported .html bookmark file is about 50mb

Brandon Turner
Brandon Turner

i have very few bookmarks (thing that were difficult to find AND don't make sense to download, a rare combination)
but i have no /less/ than 100 tabs open at a time

Jaxson Ward
Jaxson Ward

why did u have 100 tabs open?

Brody Russell
Brody Russell

Windows is shit mate. Linux master race fgt

Jonathan Moore
Jonathan Moore

bump for tabs.
What is a nice addon to manage gargantuan amounts of tabs?

Julian Gonzalez
Julian Gonzalez

Guys, I also use Firefox on Win7. I have about 20 tabs open but it is very slow. A quick look into the task manager reveals that Firefox doesn't use my RAM. I have 32GBs of RAM but Firefox is constantly below 1GB. How do I make Firefox use more RAM for the sake of speed?
inb4 use muh chrome
fuck off, I need customizability

Aiden Edwards
Aiden Edwards

Do you have it installed on an SSD? P sure there are ways to make it use RAM for cache. Also what's the your extensions situation?

Hudson Morris
Hudson Morris

Yes, it's installed on my SSD. I doubt highly that my SSD is the bottleneck here as Chromium used to be way faster on my old PC (which had much worse hardware). As to your question: about 7-8 extentions are constantly running but they only really affect the fetching and rendering phase.
I think the issue is that Firefox doesn't keep open tabs in the RAM but fetches them again from the internet once the tab hasn't been active for a certain amount of time. That's also why websites are sometimes "refreshed" (which is REALLY annoying) when I switch to their tab after a long time.
Hell, Firefox may even use 10GB of RAM and I wouldn't mind if I can stop it from refreshing inactive tabs when I've not been using them for some time. Is there a way?

Thomas Bennett
Thomas Bennett

100 tabs
393 tabs
go the fuck outside

Owen Ross
Owen Ross

normalfag detected
back to plebbit, scumbag

Carson Brown
Carson Brown

having more than 8 tabs open at once

Fucking hoarders. I can't imagine how your rooms and house look like.

Adam Hughes
Adam Hughes

he doesn't use multiple browser windows because scrolling through the tabs in one takes too long
/v/

Ryder Bailey
Ryder Bailey

I use onetab to store excessive tabs

how can you even find your way around all those tabs without having some kinda search?

Eli Watson
Eli Watson

i have 3 windows with 100-400 tabs each, I gotta restart it once it reaches around 2,5gb ram usage because it becomes unresponsive

James Lee
James Lee

implying that's a problem with firefox only

It's the same with Chrome. On Windows it's a bloat-fill-all-the-memory-drain-all-the battery-this-tab-has-crashed freak show

On GNU/Linux Chromium is fast, smooth, stable, with sane memory consumption and not putting a strain on the battery.
Plus (unlike Chrome) it's free of botnet.

Windows is shit for everything, including games (they are filled with DRM nowadays)

Xavier Cooper
Xavier Cooper

Try the 64bit version?

Ryder Murphy
Ryder Murphy

I am talking about the 64-bit version because that's the one I'm running. It still doesn't allocate memory. Right now I have 3 windows with 8 tabs each and I'm sitting on 745MB RAM consumption, wtf? No surprise it's this slow...

Alexander Torres
Alexander Torres

Windows

Brayden Ortiz
Brayden Ortiz

I'm on the 32bit version, one window open with 63 tabs, half of them YouTube ones. Active add-ons: 9.
Task manager says FF occupies 1.5GB of ram. So, your number seems pretty normal

Camden Garcia
Camden Garcia

100 tabs opened

well here is your problem you little faggot, also
wangblow

it's like you're asking for it you autist

Alexander James
Alexander James

Make sure you are _not_ using electrolysis. Split up your tabs among a few different profiles. There's also a setting to not load a tab until you navigate to it.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit