Why is Firefox on Windows so bad?

Why is Firefox on Windows so bad?

I have 100 tabs open and FF freezes and stutters whenever I try to do something. When I have firefox open in Linux it runs perfectly, even if I have 100+ tabs open

windows support is an afterthought

just look how long it too for them to bother making a 64bit windows build

Idk what your talking about. I have literally 393 tabs open with

>having over 6/7 tabs open ever

Do people really do this

I'd say 10 is a maximum

this

I also don't understand...

huh? i routinely have over 10 tabs of just Cred Forums threads open

I don't understand those people with 100 tabs. Can't you close them?

Nice pic

+ g link = 100 tab? How can't you manage it

This confuses me too

what's the point ? Can't you simply use the thread watcher ?

pre or post e10s?

Seriously, I have 2 instances open over two screens on two different desktops. I also have sessions that aren't open saved elsewhere in case I need to open like 50 tabs at once.

Also it's probly your shitty extensions, I heard they keep a copy of their entire blocklist in every page on chrome. Probly true on the electrolysisfox now too.

22cm
/thread

Works fine for me. Althpug currently I only have around 40-50 tabs in two windows.

install gentoo.

Don't you have a backlog?

This is just one of three main windows I have open.

>ever more than 10 tabs
Why would you ever need that many?

oh god and imdb runs off amazon's constantly-refreshing javascript system. That's some shit right there.

baby's first day on the internet.

?

wtf is a protected tab?

Can't close them unless you remove protection. Pretty useful.

Casual 100+ tab whore here. I just open any potentially interesting links and then forget about them.
Then i save them all in a bookmark folder. Right now my exported .html bookmark file is about 50mb

i have very few bookmarks (thing that were difficult to find AND don't make sense to download, a rare combination)
but i have no /less/ than 100 tabs open at a time

why did u have 100 tabs open?

Windows is shit mate. Linux master race fgt

bump for tabs.
What is a nice addon to manage gargantuan amounts of tabs?

Guys, I also use Firefox on Win7. I have about 20 tabs open but it is very slow. A quick look into the task manager reveals that Firefox doesn't use my RAM. I have 32GBs of RAM but Firefox is constantly below 1GB. How do I make Firefox use more RAM for the sake of speed?
>inb4 use muh chrome
fuck off, I need customizability

Do you have it installed on an SSD? P sure there are ways to make it use RAM for cache. Also what's the your extensions situation?

Yes, it's installed on my SSD. I doubt highly that my SSD is the bottleneck here as Chromium used to be way faster on my old PC (which had much worse hardware). As to your question: about 7-8 extentions are constantly running but they only really affect the fetching and rendering phase.
I think the issue is that Firefox doesn't keep open tabs in the RAM but fetches them again from the internet once the tab hasn't been active for a certain amount of time. That's also why websites are sometimes "refreshed" (which is REALLY annoying) when I switch to their tab after a long time.
Hell, Firefox may even use 10GB of RAM and I wouldn't mind if I can stop it from refreshing inactive tabs when I've not been using them for some time. Is there a way?

>100 tabs
>393 tabs
go the fuck outside

>normalfag detected
back to plebbit, scumbag

>having more than 8 tabs open at once

Fucking hoarders. I can't imagine how your rooms and house look like.

>he doesn't use multiple browser windows because scrolling through the tabs in one takes too long
>>Cred Forums

I use onetab to store excessive tabs

how can you even find your way around all those tabs without having some kinda search?

i have 3 windows with 100-400 tabs each, I gotta restart it once it reaches around 2,5gb ram usage because it becomes unresponsive

>Why is Firefox on Windows so bad?
>implying that's a problem with firefox only

It's the same with Chrome. On Windows it's a bloat-fill-all-the-memory-drain-all-the battery-this-tab-has-crashed freak show

On GNU/Linux Chromium is fast, smooth, stable, with sane memory consumption and not putting a strain on the battery.
Plus (unlike Chrome) it's free of botnet.

Windows is shit for everything, including games (they are filled with DRM nowadays)

Try the 64bit version?

I am talking about the 64-bit version because that's the one I'm running. It still doesn't allocate memory. Right now I have 3 windows with 8 tabs each and I'm sitting on 745MB RAM consumption, wtf? No surprise it's this slow...

>Windows

I'm on the 32bit version, one window open with 63 tabs, half of them YouTube ones. Active add-ons: 9.
Task manager says FF occupies 1.5GB of ram. So, your number seems pretty normal

>100 tabs opened

well here is your problem you little faggot, also
>wangblow

it's like you're asking for it you autist

Make sure you are _not_ using electrolysis. Split up your tabs among a few different profiles. There's also a setting to not load a tab until you navigate to it.