Explain why Cred Forums shouldn't be auto-split in to two boards based on your detected OS to help save Cred Forums

Explain why Cred Forums shouldn't be auto-split in to two boards based on your detected OS to help save Cred Forums.

Cred Forums having too many boards is part of the server cost problem.

Because that's why aids inflator has the option to buy Cred Forums dumbass.

how would that work? most of Cred Forums spoofs their useragent and platform, and disables js to avoid fingerprinting

We should just ban the phone posters, specially clover agents

Because Windows is technology. So is Linux, BSD, MacOS, Unix, and even the shit stain that is TempleOS.

windows to technology is what cocaine is to medicine

errrm.. I have to reply with no.

Why?

more like methamphetamines
once believed to be good and given out like candy, now with no use except for the pleasure seekers (muh vidya)

>People only use windoze for games, back to Cred Forums. xD
Just concentrate on your first year of CS kid. Let the big boys use real tools.

desktop linux users = NEETs

>look at me I'm above average intelligent winbabby XD
Get back to Cred Forums gaymerboi

Are you even a software developer with a real job?

I haven't played games in years. Don't have steam or anything installed on my main PC.

meant for

Yes, but are you even employed?

This. Only normies use mobile devices, they are essentially facebook and reddit tier shitposters. Any productive member of society uses an desktop.

>Explain why Cred Forums shouldn't be auto-split in to two boards based on your detected OS to help save Cred Forums.

I can't, you're right. Linux users need to fuck off to their own containment board.

>this is the state of Cred Forums
I hate this site.

this

because it´s impossible to reliably detect the OS

>reliably

Not saying we should actually do it, but who cares??? It's impossible to reliably track location either, but we still range ban entire locations.

i'll post on Cred Forums if we can get the iphone users to fuck off to /toy/.

maki maki gimmi dat faki

How do I upvote you XDDD

The user-agent info is in the HTTP header whenever you make a server request. Every fucking website you visit knows what OS you're using, just by being a server. The only thing that's unreliable is spoofing your user-agent.

all windows users should have been fucking aborted

>Cred Forums users are productive
>AN desktop

>muh safe space

>muh shitpost zone

\(>o

>more boards cost money
are you retarded? The problem is the retarded amount of bandwidth this money hole uses. Can you imagine if you had faggots uploading and download the exact same 4mb files over and over again 24/7?
I'm not sure what would cost more, the power bill or the internet bill, Id have to bet on the internet bill.

Are you implying they profit off of js fingerprinting?

Because I use both Linux and Windows and it would suck balls to be stuck in the Windows board.

le edgy linux user me me

Yeah i agree, i want Linux users to fuck off to another board: /gnu/ programming & gentoo

As a Linux user, I would have to agree. Please punish us by giving us our own board.

>That picture.
Let's be honest here, windows is as much of Cred Forums as linux, BSD or macOS because they are just operational systems.

Also let me be a dick again, if you really want to remove shit from this board, start with the watch, torrents, cellphones and other retarded chinese shit first.

Fuck off with this shit. It isn't the OS that isn't interesting it is the people posting. There are never advanced topics here for either Windows or Linux.

Windows discussions that never happen:
>AD and group policy
>MSSQL or Oracle tuning (inb4 Oracle Linux since that doesn't happen either)

Linux discussions that never happen:
>ALC
>webserver optimization (always about setup and which one is best)

Video card discussions that never happen:
>specification discussions that aren't benchmarks
>Using CUDA (outside video games)

Time to look in the mirror and realize if you made some quality posts maybe the bad OS people might go away.

because you can spoof those data points.

what the fuck

Sure. And yes.

> Was a Sys Ad for 7 years. Now in VDI and partly do Security Engineering on the side.
Willing to explain/answer whatever for AD/GP or more or whatever.

>a product i dont like is not technology
This is not your safe space cuck.

>no dark theme
fucking heretics

so there would be an autism/anime tech board and a "tfw you fell for the tech degree meme"?
fuck off OP

watch your fucking mouth

>watch your fucking mouth
Hahaha!
Top kek

/thread

winrar

I use both, and your statement was 100% correct 2 years ago when clover was on the app store. The other mobile ports aren't very good in my opinion, and most likely keep the normies at bay.

LMAO LEL TOP KEK

LOONIX is an illegal hacker operating system for autists and poorfags lol.

Did you know that LOONIX violates over 40 Microsoft patents alone?

Demand genuine Microsoft software today.

Windows: For the neurotypical computer user.

>most of Cred Forums spoofs their useragent and platform, and disables js to avoid fingerprinting
lol.

most of Cred Forums doesn't know what the words "useragent" and "js" mean.

When will neo-Cred Forums go back to plebbit user?

Neurotypicals don't belong on Cred Forums.

Software patents are irrelevant in most parts of the world.

Retard detected.

Deploying rape.

Withdrawing rape because they're desperate enough to want it.

You don't even know how to spoof useragent and platform on chrome.
>captcha: stalled mien

Take it one step further, don't even show Cred Forums if the os is windows.

Cull the casuals.

I agree

But I use windows to deal with the cfd for skyscrapers.

That's not a video game faggot.

A Cred Forums without Linux users shitting the place up? Sounds perfect if you ask me.

Let's just ban this homo.

Hiro I'll pay for your entire server cost for one month if you hire a yakuza to off this faggot.

Splitting the boards won't decrease traffic though you Mexican retard.

Jesus and the audacity to redirect somebody to Cred Forums for that. You're not going to make a dent in the issue by splitting the boards. You might take some strain off due to different sets of images but that implies that everybody uses only one type of OS (which is wrong) so now you have people lurking BOTH boards, still straining the bandwidth because somebody tried rationalizing their shitty idea because they are butt hurt people use an OS different from them.

I N 2 0 1 6. OF ALL FUCKING YEARS.

Helping the problem by saging a bad thread so those not using Cred Forums X don't bring the server down.

You can't pay for servers with an EBT card you neet

Dumb phone poster

Ban winkids

>and "js" mean.

What does it mean? i thought he mispelled "jk"

Actually, I would say that indirectly, having more boards would raise operational costs by increasing the amount of content that must be hosted simultaneously (assuming no other changes, and that current hosting appliances exactly meet current needs).

See

>Windows isn't technology
>But rice threads are

Hosting the content doesn't use bandwidth or excess energy because its all already there.
Where the money comes in at, is the transfer of files to and from this site.
If he deletes an an entire board, the users will just go to another board and post shit there, bumping their content to 404 faster, and then the original board memers will just make even more threads to repost the content.
The better move would be to make even more boards to ease the upload burden.

Im not sure who the fuck is hosting this shit, but there are also "content delivery" companies that it business use like google and Microsoft to roll out downloads to a shitload of people, it might be better to host our shitpost images there.

Just to clarify, I by "hosting content", I am saying having it present on the server neither being uploaded or downloaded.
When fags download it, that obviously does use bandwidth.