RPI meme

Brought a raspberry pi. Wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Install gentoo

let it catch the dust and realized you wasted your money

Why would you dumdum buy a device without having any use for it?

Put it in your computer so you have a computer inside your computer

Feed it to the fishes, and cut your dick off with scissors made for small children

Every fucking day this thread is posted

Stop buying these pieces of shit unless you have a use for them you idiots jesus christ

einstein@home
I'm buying some orange pis for it. I want to set up something of a cluster.

Install Gentoo

Just put kodi on it

How come you fuckers always make the first post.

>BUY X
>WHAT DO WITH X???
I hate it so much.

Fuck you nigger, don't even worry about it.
Just install Gentoo.

Gentoo is non-free.
gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

Gentoo isn't even remotely nice. Its just retarded when you have superior distros like arch

because they compiled from source

Arch is also non-free.

>Gentoo includes installation recipes for a number of nonfree programs in its primary package system.
Honestly, not by very much.

Temple OS then

The official live system contains (and loads) non-free firmware.
>not much
>the cake only contains a little bit of arsenic

>giving users the option to install non-free software is restricting their freedom

Don't buy the official power supply and cable, use a random 5v 2a charger and random cable
wonder why it doesn't work right when it's supposed to be a $30 computer that runs off any compatible phone charger
Realize it's actually more like a $40 computer

Oh shit, report that shit to the FSF so it's listed on the page.

The official Gentoo live installation disc loads non-free firmware WITHOUT WARNING the user.

Source? The FSF does not list that as a reason.

who fucking cares

if you don't want to modify or audit the program it doesn't need to be free

if you want or need to do that, then use free software

>it doesn't need to be free
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

You might just as well install Windows 10.

pi-hole.

If you have a TV but no home theater PC, make it an emulator station.

Car computer.

That's all I can think of.

Oh wait I thought of another one. Use it to run a lightweight home server. Maybe a VPN to use from mobile, or attach a hard drive dock to it and use it as a kind of NAS.

Install Kodi, attach external hard drive and use it as a home theater

I'd install kodi and use it as a radio.
Might be stupid and simple, but who has a good use for these anyway?

Might as well buy an old desktop from Craigslist.

Fuck my tight boipucci with it.

Wow, 30 whole dollars.

> Buying shit you can't handle.
> Being this retared.

why do people buy these things without any purpose in mind

Elaborate

People with a lot of disposable income and immature financial habits do it. Imo, everyone should starve and have just a slow piece of shit computer with 1Mbps internet for 10 years and no matter what, they're stuck in that life until the 10 years are over or they an hero. Maybe more people will learn valuable lessons about the value of a dollar.

Making a ssh tunnel is the only right answer.

That's not as fun.

I use mine as an always on VPN server to my home network so that I can access my local resources from my NAS + administer my server.

Running a memeing steambot, and vpn on mine

I am using it right now to browse Cred Forums in chromium.

Dual boot: Raspbian (for studying, manga and Cred Forums) and OSMC (for anime and movies)

Proof, posted with my iPad 2

>I bought a device because Cred Forums likes it, not because I want to do anything with it

I got a model 2b+ running as frontend for my NAS using LibreELEC (that's KODI 7 I think) but it's multiboot (done easy with BerryBoot) so I also have Piplay and Raspbian on it. Currently thinking about ordering & making a dedicated Piplay 3b pi and leaving this one to serve just as media player.

Love these things, and since most of my mates do the ordering one and never looking at it thing I can get them for dirt cheap around me. Feels good man.

Install Alpine Linux, port forward and host a hastebin/ghostbin/searx instance.

why dual boot tho

cant raspbian to movies

i mean just put ffmpeg on it and use ffplay

Gentoo isn't a "MUH FREEDOMS!!!" distro, there is fucking proprietary software in the official repos. You can of course use ACCEPT_LICENSE="@FREE" in make.conf to disable it though.

You know Gentoo you can install Gentoo with ANY unix like environment (except maybe cygwin)? Like I've installed Gentoo in OS X. You can use the Debian installer CD for Gentoo, or Systemrescuecd you fag.

Love you user (I knew it was possible through command line, but didn't know the package name)