wccftech.com
geekbench.com/doc/geekbench4-cpu-workloads.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

brb selling my i7-6700K.

kek same

>geekbench

So some hash functions got accelerated and suddenly the score goes up.

This doesn't sound like apple at all.

>geekbench
Lol

I wonder how much intel paid for that article?

It is prudent to note here that due caution is advised in a few aspects of the matter.1)It is never ever wise to take a single benchmark as being indicative of real life performance of a processor and2)we will have to wait for a clock to clock analysis to actually figure out just how much better the Kaby Lake architecture is from Sky Lake.

I love synthetics.

Intel themselves claimed 3% IPC increase average in some slide a month ago.

What's happening here is These functions aren't used anywhere where more performance for them was required, you already load HTTPs fast enough.

Seems (((you))) don't know how marketing works. Yes, always trust everything the company says about their product before launch.
This shilling is getting fucking obvious here

Yay, and It will cost around $1500 only.

Exactly what I thought before I opened the thread.

Show me the Skylake comparison to this

/thread

One of the problems is that it is clocked at 4.2GHz (base?) so you need to pick an equivalently clocked 6700k to compare it to or else most of your difference is going to be clock speed.

FUCK YES!

Amdead is dead for good this time, ZEN CONFIRMED FOR FLOP

I don't think it's shilling. Your average Cred Forumstard would just look at that article and take it at face value.

browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/singlecore

Take a look for yourself.

Doesn't matter. It has Intel ME so it's unusable for serious applications.

browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/compare/594496?baseline=583064
One of the shitty problems with Geekbench is that there is no indication of what the actual clock speed of the processors are, just what their marketed base clocks are.
What the actual clock speed while the benchmark is running is not recorded, so for all I know this 6700k is at 4.8GHz while the 7700k is at 4.5GHz.

You just don't know.

If someone has a stock clocked 6700k, geekbench it and use the 7700k as a baseline on the result.

>optimize 3 instructions out of 100
>claim 3% IPC increase for functionally little difference
hmm

Paypal me $15 to buy Geekbench and I'll do it. :^)

>To put this into performance, the Skylake based Core i7 6700k scores around 4300 points.
There are 154 pages of results on Geekbench with single core results above 4300 for the 6700k.

I have a feeling they searched 6700 instead.

To bad benchmarking isn't what I use my CPU for and it will only be about 3% faster with the same clock in reallity.

>some obscure function is optimized heavily for synthetic benchmarks
>IT'S OVER AMD IS FINISHED

hmm.. where have i heard this before..

brb going to cry because too poor for the 7 series. Still happy with my 4770k

7700k runs at like 4.5ghz lol its gonna be hot mess like the fx9590

I have a feeling they didn't search for anything and just copied and pasted the numbers that they were told to use.

>.2 ghz overclock
>somehow gets 40% IPC
that article is retarded poo in the loo clickbait and anyone who belives it is a complete mong

Wow it's fucking nothing.

>implying you will even need to upgrade within the decade

Apple? Without the AMD part.

sounds more like theirs some dedicated hardware to accelerate certain tasks, that where previously done via software

Na, I searched 6700 first as well and then noticed I wasn't getting 6700k results. The results I was getting were around what they were claiming the 6700k gets.

Of course there is.

sha256 and AES are the most likely candidates.

Again useless shit that wont make a impact it will be like 3% better than skylake

itt
intel shills circle jerk meeting

not really, the chip designs are already about as fast & efficient as they can be, the only real way to make them faster is to add dedicated hardware with the extra transistor budget

It's not useless at all, Cred Forums will load 0.05 seconds faster because TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 will now load faster

Whoop

They have seriously reduced the weight of AES (and SHA) in geekbench 4 so increases to that don't make a big difference on the score.

Also, AES has been hardware accelerated on Intel processors for a long time.

>>.2 ghz overclock
>>somehow gets 40% IPC
something tells me you don't know what IPC means

Price? I bet it costs more than your head.

NOOOOOOOO DELETE THIS
ZEN WILL SHOW YOU JEWTEL SHILL

jesus christ. clock for clock what does the 6700k get?

i can't wait for AMD to go bankrupt after this

fake

99% chance it's only about 4-5% better that's been the standard rate of improvement so far for Intel.

About the same, probably.
They definitely didn't compare the 7700k results to 6700k results, see and

AMD BTFO

>The benchmark in question is Geekbench 4
wew

FUCK AMD!!

Has any rumors currytech report announced ever actually been true?

Yeah, when they cite some other source.

even if it's 20% in real world it would be amazing. skymeme was like 4% to 6% faster than haswell

>implying wccftech doesn't write retarded clickbait for free every single day

isnt Kaby lake just overclocked Skylake?
i could get these same results on a 6700k right now probably, and I wont be locked into Windows 10

They throw so much contradicting shit on the wall, something just has to stick.

Remember, this is the same benchmark that has the iPhone 7 beating Intel's fasted processors. Geekbench is laughably bad.

realistically it's possible for intel to finally make a bigger leap forward just to kill amd in the fetus state.
i'm staying on 2 year old stock 4790k until we see 8+core mainstream cpus or single core performance increases like 40%+

>just bought a 6700k today

Another 5 years of no upgrading.

Geekbench is terrible at comparing across different processor types when it comes to general computing performance.

When it is the same processor family (and you are taking clock speeds into account) it is fine.

So my 4770k would last until 2023? I bought it in 2013

Realistically, Geekbench is garbage which no geek would put stock in.

>4 cores

Why does't Intel just put every C++ function commonly used in the hardware for massive gaina?

Are you me?
Mine just arrived today. Noticeable difference between it and the 8350 @4.7Ghz, but God, fuck this motherboard is trash (MSI Z170 Krait).

Going back to Gigabyte next time.

You need more because... ?

>4 cores
>No actual improvement on performance over skylake which was only a bare improvement over Haswel
>Smaller CPU
>No new features added.

Meanlwhile at AMD
>More cores less power
>Better performance and new core features added to improve overhaul performance in all areas
>APU with proper 4k(assuming I haven't checked).
>etc...
>Did I mention cheaper.

Whats the point of developing new processors if we can't make them more energy efficient,cheaper and adding more cores for multi core processing power?

>Intel shills still don't know what IPC means
>Geekbench
>unknown clock rates

>compiling large projects I work on
>multiple virtual machines
>speedup in well threaded applications
Even >muh games finally start to utilize more threads now
Just to name a few widespread examples.

⭐ Cred Forums pass user since November 2002

>bought most powerful i5 cpu available 5 years ago
>check performance of latest most powerful i5 cpu
>literally only 5% increase
upgrading is a meme

>Did I mention cheaper.
zen will cost very close to what intel offers today
so like $300-$400 minimum

>realistically it's possible for intel to finally make a bigger leap forward just to kill amd in the fetus state

Not with this architecture it isn't. This is a Skylake refresh by any other name. Minor tweaks. Equally, Cannonlake will just be a die shrink of this same architecture. If there was a paradigm shift to be made such as is being suggested here, it would be with Icelake, which won't be here until 2018.

>muh Cred Forums gathered market analysis

Then coffee lake is a 14nm version of the die shrink, albeit 6 cores. Cannon lake is only lower power parts, similar to the broadwell debacle probably.

>wcctech
I haven't bought either AMD or wcctech for a very long time.

>wcctech
Listen OP, wcctech is like AMD

YOU SHOULDN'T BUY IT

>my soul when the skylake cpu i ordered yesterday is already on the way
i should have waited

I think I posted the wrong image

Kek

This confirms that Intel has been milking the market. Now that AMD has something worth buying they'll just release their 4 year old tech and fuck AMD with a cactus.

>OP doesn't know what IPC is
Now there's a shocker. Still, this does raise some interesting questions.

Intel has probably tweaked their turbo boost something fierce. A 40% improvement in single core vs a 20% improvement in multithreaded? They've probably done some voodoo shit to manage that. These chips will probably shut down cores very aggressively while pushing clocks into full retard territory on what remains.

I told Brian to increase the IPC by 40% in one year and he did it the absolute madman!!!

It should, there's still people using Nehalem and Sandy Bridge.

Intel did it again, it's the new Sandy Bridge of our times with 40% IPC improvement. can't wait for it f.a.m.s

Okay, thanks for telling me

Who /q6600/ here?

this just confirms that AMD is incompetent and unable to compete allowing the Jews to fuck us all up

I don't know who's a shill and who's shit posting anymore. No one is spamming
>geekbench
>wccftech
enough.

Thank mr skeltal

Yet still offering more hardware and features henceforth cheaper.

are you kidding? it's not enough to upgrade from 6700k but for someone coming from a much older cpu kaby lake is looking great

/thread

stock clocked 6700k?

The only thing this confirms is that you should never believe what wccftech says.

>implying that thing has a soul

You do realize the benchmarks are in the comments section wccftech..

7700k may have 4.2 Base clock but it has 4.5 Ghz turbo. OC your 6700k to 4.5Ghz then you have 7700k already.

7700k = 6700k OC'ed

Guess I'll get to keep my 4690K for at least another generation, prices of old intel CPUs don't seem to drop either way.

>40% improved PERFORMANCE somehow, magically becomes 40% improved IPC according to OP

ok?

>40% IMPROVED IPC CONFIRMED

Meanwhile, at AMD...

>40% greater Included Pins Count

i'm not seeing this 40%.
is op pulling it out of his ass?

check out her diamond ring

Ka(by La)ke is a lie

Is 15% gain in single threaded, with gains at 12% in multi-threaded operations, stupid wccfetch shill!

'Cause if you liked it then you should have put more pins on it

>⭐ Cred Forums pass user since November 2002

>As if Intel has never lied in previous benchmarks.

This isn't even Intel lying. The slides they put together made it pretty clear that the performance gain is next to nothing over Skylake. This is pure curry.

test

Sandybridge's true successor has finally arrived. Upgrades are back on the menu 2600k-bros!

You're such a butthurt dumb boy.

How is it 40% IPC? It doesn't say the clocks were the same as the comparison

Good good, now install windows 10 goyi.....eh valued customer

Because user doesn't know what IPC stands for and thinks that it means total performance. Doesn't help that these idiots rarely get called on their BS so they spread the misconception and you end up with even more IPC idiots.

why do people post GB scores and think it means anything in the real world? Jesus this is embarrassing

she probably gets mad CEO $$$ and benefits even though AMD is still shit

>40% IMPROVED IPC CONFIRMED
>wccftech

I really don't fucking think so m80

well goddammit I just bought my 6600k for 50 bucks from a friend. Should I sell it and get a 7600k?

No, idiot.

what the fuck? I might be a bit too tired, but skylake is ranking higher in some shit, or is the lower the score the better?

Overclock it
Kaby Lake is literally a overclocked skylake

Intel is jewing us super hard

So the Bridges are finally deprecated?
Sandyfags and Ivyfags can finally leave the land of old?

AMD has had a history of greedy, shitty leaders
why do you think the company is broke in the first place? Has nothing to do with Nvidia Gameworks, thats just Intel/Nvidia innovating while AMD operates as a shady business

Hey there gang, Edward Crisler here Sapphire's North American gaming PR guy, listen Intel is just not consumer friendly alright, AMD is where it's at when it comes to videocards and processors.

If you are looking for a GREAT gaming experience go and pick up the Sapphire RX 480 and be a part of the Sapphire Nation!

>wccftech
Yeah no

I'd rather be euphoric with Nvidia

>wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-7700k-benchmarks/
>wccftech.com
I can't believe you people actually believe this site.
They've been wrong about the 1070-1080 and rx480. They werent even close with their "leaks" and "benchmarks". Trash site.

>40% IPC
>37% higher clocks

These retards dont know that IPC is instructions per clock

They are saying IPC= single thread performance
Not true you can inprove single thread performance in 2 ways
Higher IPC or higher clocks

This is simply higher factory clocks NOT higher IPC

fucking POO IN IT TECH

Zen's minimal threat was enough to get Intel off their asses.

OP said it, not them

geekbench confirmed shit

intel is pulling the same shit AMD always has

>look at how good we're doing at this one cherry picked thing please please buy

in any case, they're doing the same shit they've been doing for half a decade. they don't need to be 40% ahead of Zen. only 5-10%.

if they're really holding out to smack down AMD with huge improvements, we won't see those before Zen+ for sure.

>instructions per clock
It's instruction per cycle you dumb streetshitter.

>wccftech
>Geekbench
Delet this

Instruction per clock cycle

>IPCC

So should I go ahead and buy a i3-6100 for now and wait till this comes out or should I carry on and get an i5-6600k?

Should note that this is for a gaming rig.

With this info, what do? What's the difference in gayman' performance going to be like with the i3-6100 vs i5-6600k?

What's with all this wccftech hate? Don't you remember how they were first to leak the Phenom IV X12 170, the miracle AMD 12 core on a 25nm process and using only 75 watts?

Wait for Zen to collapse prices.

If nothing else you know that AMD will undercut Intel on prices. Probably see $150 7600K's and $200 7700K's.

>2500k is still a good cpu
>thinking anything in the next 5 years will bother a 4700k/6700k

Not today merchant.
My shekels will not grease your palms for 5 years and not a day sooner.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA OP YOUR DREAM IS CRUSHED, IT WAS BULLSHIT MAN, IT WAS ALL BULLSHIT.

THE CPU FUCKING CAPSLOCK PROBABLY PERFORMS 5% BETTER THAN SKYLEL

JESUS CAPSLOCK CHRIST

>Using a 2500k
>just got a 1060
>upgrade from a 280x
This is going to bottleneck... it fucking has to. This is where the train stops for my 2500k. I know it!

>doesn't bottleneck

of course not, as long as you have a decent overclock, you will need dual 1070s @ 4k to bottleneck it.

That all depends on the game. Several people have done this. Some benefit, some do not but it is a benefit all around. Nothing does worse.

they're decent graphics cards but they're not mindblowingly powerful even by 2500k-era standards and 2500k isn't bad, most games are gpu-limited because you can just throw new graphical effects on games, you can't just throw new cpu-demanding gameplay on them

athlon 845 or 880k if you want to overclock.

Intel themselves are claiming 3%. A single instruction set being optimized isn't shit. Skymeme is 40% better than Haswell in some benchmarks. Does Not translate to real world performance.

>fps
These are all GPU heavy with very little CPU load.

You may see larger variation in war games and simulations.

cannonlake requires a whole new motherboard.

not sure if i want to upgrade now.

>mfw fx-8350 isn't bottlenecking my OC gtx 1060
Guess I didn't fall for the expensive CPU meme.

weren't 8350s more expensive than non-K i5s back in the day?

I haven't even bothered to OC my i5 3570k. I might after getting an Optimus R11.

It probably is, you just don't have a different system to compare how limited you card's performance is by waiting on the CPU to catch up. Swap it into an i5-6600 and the card will perform better.

There are a million 1060 benchmarks out there to compare to, you fucking retard.

Does this mean Kaby Lake will be 80-90% more powerful than a Zen processor?

>Geekbench
Trash, it's all trash

Listen Poojeet, you're probably comparing those benchmarks to similar AMD systems running the fucking cards. Stop shitting on the streets and find a toilet like a civilized human being.

when my phenom died i got a fx8350, it gave zero improvement and was in fact worse for daily usage.

sold it all for an i5, the difference is mind blowing. zen may get AMD back on the table but the fx series is utter garbage.

so if all I care about is battery life nowadays, is there any real reason to wait/buy kabylake stuff? extra power is wasted on me.

>I got CPU with more instructions
>It was worse than absolute garbage CPU that is phenom

you are just retarded.

>phenom2
>bad

The fucking worst.

Finally a reason to retire my 2500k

8350 had slightly higher IPC than phenom 2 in single thread and was significantly better in multi thread. You are full of shit. I noticed almost no difference moving from OC'd 8320 @ 4.6ghz to a OC'd 4690k @ 4.8ghz

I wonder what RAM are these systems using, and the price diff between them (including and excluding mobo, RAM, etc.)
but yeah, that looks like 3-5% improvement at most

retard

Why so much hate to amd,i mean maybe they dont have the top tier product but they have quite a good quality/price relation.
I mean i am not a shill or anything but i just dont want to see it desapeear

>that looks like 3-5% improvement at most
wtf retard? one scored over 12% higher than the other

>AES
special purpose circuitry, as said
>HTML5 DOM

>muh scores
go away, retarded shill

kill yourself, just look at dijkstra and lua etc

anyway, the skylake pic has higher scores, so the pics are not showing any improvement whatsoever, probably because the skylake was clocked higher or the pic(s) have been doctored

>i love intel so much i want them to be a monopoly, stop developing new CPUs and charge us extra for everything since we wont have alternatives
retard

>dijkstra
I guess this one depends a LOT on the amount and speed of L2/L3 cache and main RAM

>lua
uh.. ok

amd only has an x86 license because of corrupt multinationalism, amd FUCKING SUCKS, either the license should be with intel only or it should be available to everyone else, not just amd

When will Samsung, Huwei, and Qualcomm start making x86-64 CPUs and GPUs?
I'm tired of this two-horse race in both markets. We either have to support a dying horse or a directionless, lazy horse whose head is stuck up its own ass

samsung could produce AMD cpu's by 2017.
VIA used to make CPUs too, and still does a few, the most powerful of wich is comparable to a Celeron.
theres a lot of catching up to do for everyone but intel
you dont just start making CPUs

geekbench.com/doc/geekbench4-cpu-workloads.pdf
If you scroll down to Scores you will see that cryptography is weighed very low in GB4, so any improvements there wouldn't make a big difference.

Also, AES has been accelerated on Intel processors for a decade now. It is probably proportional to clock speed which is why the clock to clock comparison is what is important, and right now we don't have that because we don't know what the 7700k was boosting to.

>samsung could produce AMD cpu's by 2017.
1) they don't design their own apart from ARM CPUs
2) they don't even produce AMD CPUs, they merely licensed out the fabrication method to GloFo, who produces those CPUs for AMD

>you dont just start making CPUs
you kinda do, everyone and their mother are making custom ARM chips, apple and others are making their own ARM shit, they just don't have an x86 license

ARM (the company) is laughably amateurish, it really isn't that hard to do if you have the money and the legal go-ahead

why do people defend amd with such passion? they are objectively worse than intel/nvidia, there's no question about it. the only reason to own anything amd related is that if you can't afford a bit more, that's all.

Because competition is needed.

If AMD could pull out some kinda miracle and make a CPU that competes with Intel's offerings, it would force Intel to lower their prices to stay competitive.

we don't need a dying piece of trash to get propped up by taxpayer-leeching big gov

they are objectively good value too
competition is required for any of the two companies to progress or lower prices

I'm not reading this entire thread. But the quoted speed of the 6700k in that article is wrong and it's also giving far too much credit to geekbench. Geekbench is useful for quick comparisons but doesn't all together mean much.

My question to you guys, who generally seem to have a way deeper understanding than I do regardless of how much I read, is that since the slight improvement of speed from Skylake to Kaby lines up with the frequency increase, is that frequency being "borrowed" from the overclocking headroom?

You could clock a 6700k at 4.2 on a intel stock cooler no problem. The standard OC that most every 6700k can do is 4,5ghz on say a hyper 212. Will the 7700k also be 4.5 or do you think it will reach 4.7?

>they are objectively good value too
if you're a poorfag who just needs a computer for facebook then maybe, but there are cheap intel solutions too

Is there ANY reason I should upgrade from my 4790k this gen? In some benchmarks, I actually beat the 6700k (with my overclocks of course)

no you're fine

Also my case.

>not having the superior 5775C
Pleb

yes, i you want a facebook machine you can just go 2nd hand and get a pentium D full PC for 100 bucks or less

Do they still come with a spyware CPU and binary blobs from the NSA?

then ur a bozo desu

kaby lake is using 3d-xpoint memory not DDR4
the instrustions perclock go up quite a bit with more PCI-E lanes and faster memory.

It was UDIMMs aka DDR4 that slowed us down.
technically you could do the same with a re-fab skylake with 3d-xpoint memory controller

DDR6 when?

PS:have 6700k no mobo back yet after one month in RMA
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I play cuckhold cameraman

Yes, Kaby Lake is pretty much guaranteed to make power improvements, specially on the iGP side

DDR4 will take years to be relevant
maybe in 2020(tm)
its just not worth it right now, futureproofing is a meme since there will be better DDR4 memory if it becomes relevant

No, only for lot's of threads Zen could be good, but otherwise just wait for Zen+ and Cannonlake
DDR4 is already common in prebuilts

Krabby Patty Lake

>muh competition
So instead of letting AMD die and being bought out by a better corporation with actual money and engineers, youd let its maggot infested corpse rot the progress of technology?

we said that about ddr3 too

just get better ddr4 sticks when they come out, if you even need faster/more memory for whatever reason

>DDR4 is already common in prebuilts
i had no idea about this
they must be high end pre-builts right?
has the DDR4 performance per dollar got that good since last i checked

I know 99% of comments in wccf are shit. But you cant deny the fact 7700k is just 6700k OC by looking at the scores.

lol...?

>The article is now covered in amendments
>Performance for an unreleased product

No more jewish tricks.

Intel supports Feminist Frequency. That's why I don't support them.

Because their sources are shitty ones. They said in MULTIPLE articles that the RX480 could easily oc past 1.5GHz . The rx480 struggles to hit 1400mhz.

This t b h f a m.

FROM THE ARTICLE

>> The biggest issue is that the clock speed readings appear to be read completely wrong. I was able to find Core i7 6700k multi core scores as low as 11000 and as high as 22000 at seemingly the same clocks. This means that analysing the performance gains depicted in this particular leak gets very difficult without injecting significant subjective opinion

OP BTFO

Holy shit.

15 inch Kaby Lake Retina MacBook Pro with GeForce 1080/1070 when?

Also, Ayymd BTFO, I bet their new Zen architecture will barely beat fucking Haslel.

I refer you to

>implying Apple would use anything more than a 1050 GT if that ever comes out.
No way they're stuffing something with 120W TDP into something that already struggles with 48W TDP.

really looks like they just mixed up non-K and K cpu scores for sky lake.

Meanlwhile at AMD
>More cores less power less performance per core.
>Better performance than older Amd cpus and new core features added to improve overhaul performance in all areas
>APU with proper 4k(assuming I haven't checked).
>etc...(assuming I haven't checked).
>Did I mention cheaper(assuming I haven't checked).

ftfy

>MOARCORESfags

Get a Xeon and go away if you aren't happy...

Wasn't Bulldozer worse than the Phenom it replaced?

"just wait for X" should be an amd trademark so they can charge for it an use the money to launch a fucking CPU already, I'm tired of waiting.

That post: Intel Inside

In serial perf/clock yes, by a decent amount.
AMD was always clear about that being the case though.

I've an intel cpu + Amd gpu now but my cpu is old as fuck and i was expecting to buy a new one but i'm waiting for zen instead just in case...

test
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐
⭐⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐
⭐ ⭐⭐⭐ ⭐
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
⭐⭐⭐ ⭐⭐⭐
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐
⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
test

SHEIITTTT

But does posting a lot of bait turn you into a master baiter?