What happened to web dev generals? Haven't seen one in a few days

What happened to web dev generals? Haven't seen one in a few days.

Other urls found in this thread:

zixaphir.github.io/appchan-x/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BUMP

web development is babby tier.

maybe they finally had enough

Web development is much more involved that software development these days

But it's so easy...

Real men code C.

Nothing easy about building massively scalable applications that are required to operate under heavy load

The most C programmers have to worry about is the thing running for one person

how do i make a website without paying for a server ?

As someone who makes a living with web bullshit, I can guarantee you I would much rather be playing with C.

Web development isn't just JS and CSS. There are web servers written in C too.

You don't have $5 a month to spend on a server?

>You don't have $5 a month to spend on a server?
no, and that's not the point.

webdev is interesting, but we only got the same circlejerk in wdg everytime (then again, that's true for all generals), so people decided to let it rest for a while
make it static and put it on github pages or something similar.

What else could the point be?

There's literally hundreds of ways of 'making a website' without a server.

If it's a blog you could go to WordPress, if you're just hosting photos there's portfolio services, if just want to display a static page there's GitHub pages etc.

Of course all of these will require you to display ads and you don't really get to code much.

why would anyone want to display a static page?
Like i get if youre building a site and showing what it looks like to a client or something

You can use Github for simple pages for apps you've made

zixaphir.github.io/appchan-x/

Just have the logic in the frontend. You can do plenty nowadays without a backend, by connecting to firebase or something similar.

what about codepen?

>What else could the point be?
>and you don't really get to code much

But if i want to code much ? The point is i want to make a website to learn how to do it, i'm thinking of using python and something like django to start. But if i want to deploy it outside of my computer it always looks like i need to pay some server to host it.

i'm a noob btw and never done it before, so i don't really know what i'm talking about but you get the idea.

Web development as a start is an anti pattern

why? you learn html in a couple of days, it's a good start

It was killed off by the PHP memers, same way that the C++ shills turned /dpt/ into a everything-but-C++-is-a-meme shitshow

It died, hopefully.

This covers my experience as well.

HTML doesn't really teach you anything other than how to use markup.

The user you're replying to is right in that web will often teach you poor first principles.

I thought the web dev general had fucked off to

so assuming i want to get into backend, where do i realistically start? isn't c++ a bit too complicated for a person that had basically nothing to do with maths and IT stuff?

I'd say having basic HTML, CSS and JS knowledge is important even if you only do backend.

As for learning how to do backends, pick a language (and optionally a framework) and hack away on a small project.

000webhost+cloudflare+freenom

thank you

D J A N G O
J
A
N
G
O

Tor hidden service with a .onion domain

pack your bags user, the webdev meme is over