What's the best defragging program...

What's the best defragging program? I wanna defragment my SSD because it's running a little bit slow but I don't know what program I should use.

You don't defrag a ssd.
Source: every website ever

There is a thread for stupid questions and bait.

Auslogics Disk Defrag

Define a little bit slow

>defragment my SSD
>there's somebody this stupid out there
if this isn't bait: you don't need to defrag an SSD because it constantly moves its data around intentionally for the sake of wear balancing. all you accomplish by defragging is wasting write cycles...

This is completely unrelated to why you don't need to defrag an SSD, douchebag.

Unless you're getting IOPS hits and CPU spikes due to data fragmentation

>defragging a spinning platter
>defragging static memory cells

totally the same

Is defragging an SSD really that bad? If a program you are using is optimized, you should waste only 2 write cycles at most.

no you fucking moron. the fact that the SSD "fragments" itself constantly and still grants quick access >implies that it is indifferent to the controller, which sectors he has to fetch the data chunks from.
if it weren't then wear balancing wouldn't be implemented the way it is.

The reason you don't need to defragment an SSD is because it doesn't matter where the data is in relation to each other. There isn't any benefit to placing the data together physically like there is on a HDD. There are no moving parts like a HDD.

independent of whether or not it is bad for the device itself: what do you gain from it? absolutely zilch because SSDs don't care whether the data is stored sequentially (defragmented) or spread across the whole capacity (fragmented).

You use write cycles for nothing.

The medium is already random access so arranging data won't do shit.

YOU TWO ARE SAYING THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING JESUS CHRIST LEARN TO READ

Completely unrelated to wear levelling.

Com-pletely

Retard

Not an argument

I have an Intel 530 240GB SSD. I defragment it like twice a year. I use the tool built into Win 7. Otherwise, auto maintenance is disabled.

two or three people explained it in the meantime and you still don't grasp it. you're such a fucking moron, kys

You're trying to tell me there's a point in this incomprehensible nonsense? Fucking ESLers

Anonymous used Phoenix Down!

Fuck's sake, can't the board admin set a post filter that bans or warns users to try to post 'defrag' and 'ssd' in conjunction?

I hope pharmabro really does buy 4cham and fix this shit :^)

>There isn't any benefit to placing the data together physically like there is on a HDD.
It doesn't matter on the block level but it matters on the FS level

that tool doesn't defrag, it trims

You already posted it, OP.

Nobody is saying you're not retarded.

get ssd you cheap fuck.