What is Cred Forums's opinion about On-Screen Navigation Buttons? Worth the real-estate tradeoff?

What is Cred Forums's opinion about On-Screen Navigation Buttons? Worth the real-estate tradeoff?

They're shit.

There is no advantage to them.

They're shit.
/thread

Technically more screen realestate when it matters. Makes the chin of the phone smaller (because you don't need off screen buttons) so when watching videos you get less bezel and more screen.

>Makes the chin of the phone smaller
Tell it to the pixlel

If you have on screen button at least you can grab the chin. I prefer on screen

>Pick up S7
>Back button is capacitive and on the wrong side.
>Clicky home button.
>Fling it down in a rage and stroke my 5x.

Google just seems like a train wreck right now for me.

>shittiest tripfag on Cred Forums has shitty preferences
What a surprise

> trying to communicate with inanimate objects

Its disgusting

One reason I like On-Screen Buttons is that they feel better.
Capacitive buttons feel too sensitive and occasionally get accidentally triggered.
Also, a 5.5" phone is (almost) usable with one hand if it has on screen buttons, but not at all if it has capacitives.

Software buttons are the best way to interact with a smartphone but only if they're combined with a very small bottom bezel (like in op's picture).

Not going to be ideal for OLED screens. Pic related.

Didn't they fix that shit on newer screens?

Have a OnePlus 3 and I use the hardware buttons. Couldn't bring myself not to

They're shit.

It was just a way for manufacturers to save money.

>most popular layout
>wrong side

yes

Not even joking this is autism

Did you expect anything less from beawesome?

Burn in is always a problem.

t. G4 user.

This is the objectively correct response.

*subjectively

hardware/capacitive > cancerous on screen buttons

will this happen to my 5X

Capacitive buttons are top tier.
Physical buttons are ugly.
Onscreen are literal rotting trash tier.

>muh form over function

I like Capacitive buttons over the onscreen buttons.

a man who speaks the truth

>10 pro capacitive posts
>21 posters
>30 posts

4 posts are mine and I haven't said a word about capacitive buttons.

I would rather kill myself

Anything to have a greater screen/surface ratio.

I've only ever had Galaxy S smart phones but I think real buttons are better.

I wasn't talking about onscreen vs capacitive, I was talking about capacitive vs real.
>Physical buttons are ugly

The back button should be on the left. Left = back is an accepted standard in software.

no. non-labeled physical buttons are the best

Do you just shitpost with the same two or three reaction images over and over? It's getting quite old.

But it's further away from your thumb so it's harder to reach. Why would you put the most used button further away?

why? because its still in thumb's reach and its easier to have your thumb extended instead of contracted.
I'm left handed and I'm not complaining about the 'correct' layout.

Idk if it's because I'm not used to it but it strains my thumb to hover it over the left side from the right.

I hid them and use ForceTouch (on nexus5 so just by areasize), works like a charm.

Not a fan. i like the way oneplus does it, option in settings for on screen or on bezel button

Sounds great , does it use the Samsung or Stock layout?

Apple shills in full force.

Its customizable

Your 5X has an IPS LCD panel, not an OLED panel

Like they care about longevity, silly goyim.

Never used on screen but it seems like a waste of screen space and a way to save the manufacturers money

No

Top tier: Physical buttons

Mid tier: Touch sensitive non on screen buttons

Low tier: On screen buttons

Most ridiculous waste of space tier: Single home button (very rare) with the rest on screen

There are people who don't prefer on screen buttons? Why?

>let's take this thing designed to display changing content and just keep the same thing there 99% of the time
On screen buttons are one of the most retarded things man has ever conceived.

But it gives you more screen space if you're going to watch a video or look at an image. You wouldn't have that extra space with physical buttons nor would you be able to change them easily.

A 5" screen doesn't magically get larger because it has part of its area devoted to on screen buttons. A device with real buttons and a 5" screen will give you exactly the same amount of screen space for videos (and even more everywhere else because there's no onscreen buttons wasting screen space)

Is this bait?

Of course not, you're just retarded.

I personally enjoy a non-traditional button layout (back button on right, so I can hit it with my thumb on my oversized phone)

I do have the nexus 6 though, and the burn in on the OLED is real. I swapped out the screen with an OEM replacement and it burned in a new one in under a week.

Still, on screen > capacitive > hardware

Are you too dumb to see your mistake? Is this bait too?

Please do explain. You've already hit new levels of retardation, I'd love to see you push it further.

Burn in doesn't exist anymore retard. It's all in your head.

how is hardware worse than capacitive?

Because you can't disable them.

physical buttons are shit, not even Apple uses them anymore. capacitive buttons are annoying because I can't hold the bezel to watch a video without hitting a button. on-screen is king, especially since they disappear when I don't want them.

Been using lmt pie since galaxy nexus
Its the only way to fly

Uhh you can... Its the same principle as disabling capacitive buttons

Thought they were shit at first, but after spending time with them on my Sony Z3 going back to capacitive feels weird. They're feel better since they're on the same plane as the rest of your screen, especially if you use a screen protector.