Is there a strong positive correlation between using a Mac and intelligence?

Is there a strong positive correlation between using a Mac and intelligence?

It really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2012/08/06/nasa-used-more-than-a-few-macbook-pros-to-get-curiosity-to-mars/
youtube.com/watch?v=SG82ZqnxXkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

smartest man in the world is using one.

who's this autistic virgin?

>NASA
>Using Macs
That would explain a lot of things

They are really good for video postprocessing and editing. For example making flat things look round.

>be rich, smart, and good looking
>Presented with the choice of a poorfag OS for gaymer manchildren and IT autists, a hacked together piece of shit put together by basement dwellers, or literally the most simple yet also advanced operating system in the world thats pioneered home computing

Hmmm....really makes you think....

well memed

>That would explain a lot of things
Yep. curiosity landed on Mars perfectly.

ESA uses PCs and their Rosetta was a fuckign disaster.

9to5mac.com/2012/08/06/nasa-used-more-than-a-few-macbook-pros-to-get-curiosity-to-mars/

>Implying Ubuntu isnt the OS of intelligence
Arch autists can suck it

they look nice and aren't made from plastic crap

They are mandated to use hardware with US government backdoors.

>Thinkpad

old dinosaur that's now total chinkshit.

they'll take MBPs to Mars.

I'll tell you what the real problem is, the lack of diversity in that room.

CEO of Deepmind

yes, it's called ' our pr people will photograph you standing near apple products and reblog it '

that's Houston MCC. OP's pic is from JPL. learn the difference before making accusations, retard.

You have never been inside an actual office building of any actual company before have you?

>we need more women in compsci

We really don't

Who cares what people not working COMPUTER RELATED things use? Seriously, I bet those old physicsfags are smart as all fuck, but computer shit is not their field, so who gives a shit what they use?

I drive a regular car because I'm not a professional racer, doesn't make my shitbox "better" than F1 rides, nigga.

top execs do nothing more than send emails and review powerpoints. maybe read a couple PDFs. also most of them are lost with today's tech so they couldn't handle anything more than a mac (if that)

all the engineering work is done on Windows machines, and simulation/server side is all *nix.

so I wouldn't say there's a correlation between using a mac and intelligence. There is still one between being technologically challenged and using one tho.

/thread.

Damn, you really don't know how stupid you really are do you faggot?

whoa, you really convinced me with all those arguments.
really makes me think.

but when you'll get a job you'll meet other people that will tell you how it is in the real world
just don't spill the soda on their suits.

>a poorfag OS for gaymer manchildren and IT autists
Windows
>a hacked together piece of shit put together by basement dwellers
Macs
>or literally the most simple yet also advanced operating system in the world thats pioneered home computing
Linux

Thought the thumbnail was one of their stupid stores.

Everyone wears blue and those wooden tables.

>they'll take MBPs to Mars.
I would choose Panasonic as MBPs are cucked without battery supply.

Mac users are richer than Windows users, on the average.
Wealth is positively correlated with intelligence.

QED

Sure you can choose Microsoft,
if you enjoy constantly living 5 years in the past.

On some physics symposium a few weeks ago literally 14 of 14 lecturers used MacBooks. In the audience it was also like 90% macs.

I don't really want to claim that all intelligent people use macs or anything like that, but the general consensus that OS X is a locked down system for retards is simply false.

that pic needs an update... in 2015, microsoft finally managed to copy Expose... but it doesn't work well at all.

>OS X is a locked down system for retards is simply false.
It's still locked down.

Not as smart as a GNU+Linux you sir, but smarter than the average windows user or invertebrate.

Kosmonauts use Thinkpads, paper pushers use Macbooks,

More women in comp sci is actually a scam to sell more macbooks as "work laptops"
who wouldve thought

I use a mac but no

correlations don't mean anything unless you want to pretend to have something you don't

Macs are great "terminals", though, you have to admit. Any time you want to use a real computer with a real OS, ssh is just three letters away. You see a lot of people using them for that, in addition to tasks that really don't demand a specific or very cabable OS, just one that supports MS word.

>bullshit chart

there is a direct correlation between having money and scoring high at iq tests, so there's that.

If Macs are so great why can't they share a network folder without shitting themselves after about 5 minutes of slowly transferring files.

the fuck is going on

are macs made by samsung

>the fuck is going on
it's called trolling. you fell for it. kek.

macs are for the rich, guys

Literally Solaris and XP.
How old is this pic?

At spaceX everyone uses Windows.

I don't care what laptop he uses.

But owning an doll that has you face is just creepy.

>At spaceX everyone uses Windows.
I think you mean spaceXplode.

that's just what we do at spacex

anybody engineering anything more than 3D-printed buttplugs in a hackerspace use Windows.
youtube.com/watch?v=SG82ZqnxXkY

Yes. Intelligent people are given Macs and use them for reading PDFs and typing minutes, because that's all they are good for.

Unintelligent people buy Macs, and try to use them for work.

How exactly? The UI is locked down, but nobody but script kiddies give a shit about that.

Doesn't NASA still have some RackGI shit in their datacenters doing the real work?

Linux > Mac > Windows > Windows with gaymes

>He doesn't know how to unlock a Mac

Haha. Fuck me, the fact that linux autists REALLY believe this is hilarious.
Linux is such a fucking mess.

>Mac > Linux > Windows > Windows with gaymes

Mac is for desktop, Linux is for servers and Windows is for testing sites in IE.

you know it is bad that smartest man in the world is idiot enough to use a (((((mac)))))

Paper pushers are the brains behind the mission

Not sure if trolling / 10

>Mac is for desktop, Linux is for servers and Windows is for Minesweeper.
Fixed.

Jet Propulsion Lab is like the the nursery of Nasa, the shit they do there is finger painting compared to the other departments.

>American public bodies using Apple

>Chinese public bodies use Lenovo

>Korean public bodies use Samsung

The US goverment are on Apple's dick, why would they give a multimillion dollar contract to a Chinese company who they likely wouldn't trust to run highly sensitive info on?

Yes, the lack of it.

No, but when schools and companies have lots of money, they often spend it on expensive stuff for the sake of showing their worth.

>running Parallels
kek.
These macs are dumb terminals and nothing more.

>dumb terminals
Only if they set termcap to 'dumb' otherwise they aren't. And I don't know why anyone would do that.

Cred Forums is 1000x more intelligant then those
bet ythey dont even know how to overclock

You Linux sods only hate video games because they remind you of two fundamental laws of software engineering
>1. Software needs to make $$$
>2. Open Source = no $$$
Every half-decent game design group has done more to bring computing forward than the entirety of freetards

>bet ythey dont even know how to overclock
kek

that's what happens when you don't run GNU/Linux

>Open Source = no $$$
Over 90% of all Linux developers get paid for it.

>97
rekt

Most of the hostility on this board comes from how obnoxious Cred Forums tards are when they come here.

It gives gamers a bad name when every thread they talk like X ON SUICIDE WATCH

X IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

LOL U BUTTMAD?

They act like fucking obnoxious 14 year olds, so all gamers wind up looking like that

literally all of them are getting cucked

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux. Many users do not understand the difference between the kernel, which is Linux, and the whole system, which they also call “Linux”. The ambiguous use of the name doesn't help people understand. These users often think that Linus Torvalds developed the whole operating system in 1991, with a bit of help.Programmers generally know that Linux is a kernel.But since they have generally heard the whole system called “Linux” as well, they often envisage a history that would justify naming the whole system after the kernel. For example, many believe that once Linus Torvalds finished writing Linux, the kernel, its users looked around for other free software to go with it, and found that (for no particular reason) most everything necessary to make a Unix-like system was already available. What they found was no accident—it was the not-quite-complete GNU system. The available free software added up to a complete system because the GNU Project had been working since 1984 to make one. In the The GNU Manifesto we set forth the goal of developing a free Unix-like system, called GNU.

like so:

@56909179

lol u tk him 2da bar

>)
If we tried to measure the GNU Project's contribution in this way, what would we conclude? One CD-ROM vendor found that in their “Linux distribution”, GNU software was the largest single contingent, around 28% of the total source code, and this included some of the essential major components without which there could be no system. Linux itself was about 3%. (The proportions in 2008 are similar: in the “main” repository of gNewSense, Linux is 1.5% and GNU packages are 15%.) So if you were going to pick a name for the system based on who wrote the programs in the system, the most appropriate single choice would be “GNU”.

What's the point of the macbook (new one with no ports) and the macbook air?

All they can do is shitpost, so why would you spend so much money on them?

I've done a few contracts for the Canadian Space Agency and after a while you realize that you don't change what ain't broken.

The antennas that uplinks with the spacecraft all run on MS-DOS and prior attempts update the software have all resulted in critical errors popping up in realtime, things that worked flawlessly on the old system..

Everything's on a closed off network anyway so security vulnerabilities aren't much of an issue.

I'm getting 49 fps on that picture. Do you think there's a way to modify the configs to possibly increase it by 4-5 fps?
I can't overclock anything anymore because I need to increase voltage, and my mom says that 1.420V is "too fucking much for a CPU"

fuuuck fampai how do I get more fps without getting kicked out of the house?

Typical Cred Forums man baby

Go cry about Goobergate or whatever you autistics are raging about these days

>not using a tiling wm
it's like they wanted to waste screen real estate

Can they get to the space station?
...Does the space station run OSX?

The space station runs on embedded Ada.

That nigger is stupid AF

Just because someone is intelligent doesn't mean they automatically into technology though.

>not even Cred Forums is as dumb as iShits

NASA only uses Macs in shit that's not mission-related (press conferences, terminals, emails, Human Resources, etc.) The real important stuff uses different flavors of UNIX and Linux. Some of their computers still run DOS and old versions of Windows because they have custom-made software that's too expensive to replace.

it's not really the operating system or computer because everyone is literally buying technology. any genius can go buy a dell with windows and the inverse any stump dumb person can go by a mac. intelligent users do intelligent things on any system or hardware, less intelligent people do less intelligent things on any system or hardware.

it's entirely anecdotal and any study like this is just trying to market people into 'ya smart people use mac i want a mac'.

i would say though by and large i think linux users are probably by and large smarter. for one the operating system takes a lot of reading and research to effectively use. secondly most linux users are interested in computer software and programming which is a probably a facet of intelligence. most stupid people see learning how such a complex system works a daunting and unworthy task.

>ESA Rosetta
>A fucking disaster

Don't talk about stuff you didn't know kiddo.

But you're missing a big picture. None of the desktops at JPL/NASA were Linux. They were Solaris (a POSIX UNIX) so it would be an easy transition to move to Mac (a APOSIX UNIX) and bring all your favorite tools with you.

At that level of coding don't they probably make them all use a certain system?

I've been reading a 'study' that said more intelligent people use mac and i personally think it's marketing to get college students to buy apple products.

he's right, idiot

But Nvidia/Intel is objectively a better choice, you cant deny this

80% marketshare isnt just gaymer kiddies

What the fuck does that have to do with pol?

It was a 3deep5you observation that rightful got mocked

Idiots crying pol every second are as bad as pol crying "le jews"