MPV + MPC-HC suck

>want to watch bluray disk I own
>have bluray drive in pc
>none of the software plays bluray disks

tried MPV, and MPC-HC

Lol who actually uses bluray anymore. I mean it ia the current year, we have gotta to change the standard

I didn't buy them recently, but I have a sizable collection, I started buying them when the PS3 got released

Play them on your PS3 then, PC isn't interested in Bluray discs

>Play them on your PS3 then
don't have one anymore.

ofc it sucks.
mpv doesn't even have upnp support like seriously what the fuck.
out of all the Cred Forums memes this one is the worst

legal reasons
paying to play shit you own is for cucks and if they simply hacked their way around that wouldn't be good for business. I'm pretty sure there's a way with mpc but no menus, which is an issue among many unlicensed methods. PowerDVD works great, menus included

>upnp
there's less pleb ways to access networked files

>still using physical media in the year of our lord
>2012+1+1+1+1

>there's less pleb ways to access networked files
go and tell that to my pleb shit TV

Because unless you pirate, blu-ray is the most
'libre-ish' way to watch HD films and television.

Not to mention the highest quality.

no free media player can play the new blu rays
pay that powerDVD license goy

just pirate TotalMedia Theatre 6

Who doesn't pirate?

Honestly, what kind of faggot pays retail for access to media?

>downloading uncompressed movies
honestly user I'd rather buy or rent movies I like. all my HD space is full of animu and flac music

I usually rent and rip from the local video shop.
It's probably cheaper than downloading them.

Same. 2/$1 5 nights here

everytime i hear this shit i die inside.

hurr durr just stream it or pirate it guise.

no fuck you i watch pirated shit all the time and absolutely fucking no one releases anything with a reasonable bitrate and half the time only has fucking stereo audio, and netflix bitrate is maybe dvd quality at best.

all because you fucking pc fats watch shit on your 1280x1024 meme screen and headphones instead of a proper home theater.

you would fucking think that a board obsessed with quality audio would appreciate quality fucking video

Thank you. Thank you user.

BD Rips are fucking garbage

>local video shop.
Do you live a resort area by chance? or alaska?
Rural Texas?

yeah
but australia

Well no, quality based videos do exist on torrenting sites. Its just popular to get the lowest on there is. But in general there are usually videos and movies that can span up to a reasonable length. At least in my experience

I have a single video shop in my area and its not rural at all.

>only copy seeded is some 700MB potato rip or a 1.35 GB "BD Rip"
KYS

Lol, what kind of shit rips are you downloading? There's plenty of transparent encodes with 1/2 to 2/3 the bitrate of the original BD and surround audio.

>1/3 to 2/3
Why settle? If you have a home cinema you want the best you can get
Are you so poor you can't afford a $5-10 blu ray?

Use MakeMKV

Remuxes are pointless unless you can see the difference between it and a transparent encode.
Not to mention most sources are not perfect, so you will probably get subjectively better PQ with a good transparent encode.

Also
>implying every BD is $5 to $10

Not everyone watches mainstream shit.

kek

mpv can play blurays, at least in linux

just install kodi on windows for blurays

god damn why so much

i bet you download yify.

decrypt them to hdd.

I buy a lot from exchanges and amazon. I know some are 15-25 but senpai even criterions are $19.99 a few times a year

2/3 the quality

wew lad

and lucky for me most of the movies i want to watch are cheap as fuck like 3$ a piece on blu ray

hope you lads aren't dissing movie stores in here

I'd totes rent and rip blu-gays if I didn't (still) have to drop 50 smackeroons on a drive. Shit should be like $10.

Not OP but how do you seriously play blu-rays and DVDs in mpv?

I've tried reading through the manual but it says me fuckall.

Fuck off flyover.

pay for, or install a cracked/key'd version of anydvd HD so it decrypts the disc on the fly transparently enabling you to watch them in either MPV or mpc-hc.

Why hasn't it dropped in like 10 years holy shit. You can get a blu ray player for like $30 at walmart but pc drives are still $50