Is this thing good? I want one but I'm not sure if I should buy it yet

Is this thing good? I want one but I'm not sure if I should buy it yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

petri.com/windows-10-ignoring-hosts-file-specific-name-resolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

Why?

it runs windows

See attached pic, user

Fuck off

back to r.eddit you mindless drone. I used win10 for over a year from the very first week on it came out and it is the worst operating system I've ever been using. but enjoy your slow telemetry bloatware, cuck.

>muh use hosts file xDD!!
petri.com/windows-10-ignoring-hosts-file-specific-name-resolution
you cannot disable windows updates. maybe you're able to stop the non-crucial ones but they will push through every update they really need to enhance the botnet

I find mine to be a neat pack of usefulness and comfy. The pen is very nice. Of course if you hate Windows 10 its not for you.
I recommend it.

How is it for gaming? Or the battery life.
I asked for opinions on the tablet. Go away shitposter

>windows baby looking for a tablet to play fucking videogames

Aside from win10 it's great. Now fuck off, this is not the consumer tech review site.

surface 5 is in the pipe
wait

Just go straight for a 2-in-1 laptop.

Over priced garbage. My $150 poor person laptop has better specs/hardware.
It's basically a huge smartphone.

No wonder no one uses Linux.

Its not a portable gaming laptop but its alright I guess, the most intensive ive played on it is civ V and stellaris.

I was recently amazed when I had to write some shit on some pdfs I got from a manager. Instead of printing them out, signing the papers and then post them back I could just write my stuff in drawboard pdf and email it back.

I would say the battery life is excellent.

W10 is a bit flawed in tablet-mode compared to proper tablets, but the pen and touch really makes up for that.

its good but not $1000 good.

Get a decent 2 in 1 instead.

>a decent 2 in 1 instead.
stop this meme plz Cred Forums ffs

Just get a laptop. Surface doesn't function well as a tablet. It's a great laptop, but not a great tablet. Windows is now fucked up and weird because of what Microsoft is trying to do. Don't encourage it. Get a non-gimmicky laptop.

Ask anyone who has been suffering the battery charge glitch on the SP3 since fucking May and MS hasn't released a real fix. (They've released "patches" that mask the issue, but none fix the problem).

Get a Dell XPS 13 or 15, the official laptop duo of Cred Forums. If you get anything else, you're a fucking retard.

im posting from one right now, I love the thing

I have a Surface Pro 3 and here is everything wrong with it:

>only 1 USB port
>overheats easily, and throttles CPU to compensate
>3 hour battery life when not just using office or one not
>the pen is terrible
>seriously the pen is awful
>it has a capacitance problem that can't be fixed which makes the pen inaccurate and unable to draw curves under certain circumstances
>the app version of one note crashes randomly
>it has actually crashed 10+ times in a 10 minute period on me once while I was taking notes in class. I had to just use a piece of paper instead
>the keyboard keys are trash
>same for the touchpad (although the Surface Pro 4 has a better keyboard)
>the screen will sometimes freak out and it doesn't detect touch until you restart
>the camera is AWFUL. like flip phone tier
>it's terrible as a typing device, especially a mobile one, because of the stand and the keyboard

I've sure there's more I've forgotten about

Surface 3 (Atom 4GB/128GB) here.
>only 1 USB port
2 USB ports, one full size 3.0, one OTG port
>overheats easily, and throttles CPU to compensate
None
>3 hour battery life when not just using office or one not
7-9 hours here for web browsing and drawing
>the pen is terrible
Terrible for writing, adequate for artwork, doing fast strokes gets rid of the stepping issue. Bad for fine details, so I have to zoom for that.
>the app version of one note crashes randomly
Nope
>the keyboard keys are trash
I personally like them, it has a very mechanical-like click, bad for slamming on keys, great if you're a light typer like me
>same for the touchpad
Touchpad is tiny, but it's basically a direct copy of Apples older trackpad, very responsive to touch and gestures
>the screen will sometimes freak out and it doesn't detect touch until you restart
None here
>the camera is AWFUL. like flip phone tier
Yeah, it's pretty garbage even on my supposed 8MP shooter, luckily I carry my phone everywhere anyway
>it's terrible as a typing device, especially a mobile one, because of the stand and the keyboard
I haven't found an issue on bed, table or on my lap.

I see a lot of bitching about the reliability of the regular Pro 3 and Pro 4, kinda makes me glad I got the Atom version, even if it's a bit slow. It was a bit buggy in the first few months but after that it has been rock solid.

its ok if you want a tablet with no apps

yeah and it's over-priced

>I had to just use a piece of paper instead
windows 10 has increased demand for pencils

Surface 3 and Pro 3 are completely different, why did you even reply?

Shockingly these issues managed to carry over to my Pro 4. Microsoft has absolutely shit QC.

Just sharing my insights because this is a Surface thread.

I bought one. I used it once. It's sitting next to me collecting dust now.

I like my Macbook air better, I dunno. I have an ipad mini and pro as well but I never use them.

Get a XPS or whateverlake Macbook Pro when it comes out.

The Surface 3 might actually be a better device, because I've heard it doesn't have the overheating problem (probably because it doesn't have that powerful of a CPU anyways), so there's no throttling. You can use it as a cheaper tablet without all of the drawbacks of going with a Surface Pro

Wait for the refresh in 2017. The Book is currently the best tablet/laptop out there, and the only one that's been able to fulfill the "it can replace your laptop!!" promise every tablet-maker makes. It's got a really nice touchscreen (used to use Wacom until they decided to out-and-out buy another company for it) and a high resolution display, so it's neat for writing/drawing on. It's also one of the few tablets out there that runs desktop software, so you're never stuck with shitty appstore versions of programs you want to use. To be honest, once the new Surface Book comes out I'm gonna try and buy it. That shit is snazzy.

what's the meaning of this video?

is it sending things to m$ despite them being "blocked"?

Also, is this a meme or is this true?

If you're really concerned you'd be configuring your router firewall like any other privacy-minded person, then it literally doesn't matter.

- Constantly locks up when going to sleep, requires hard reset to get out of
- Hinge release faulty, works rarely

It's a piece of shit. I had a fully loaded model that I spent nearly $3k on and I got it replaced due to these issues directly from M$. Replacement unit had the same problems. Got a refund.

One problem I have with Microsoft is they ship the worst fucking chargers with their Surfaces, I had the Pro 1 and now the Atom 3 and they both shock me while it's connected to the charger. Luckily I on my Surface 3 Atom, I can use an iPad charger, it gets crazy hot, but at least its properly insulated.

I'm legitimately sorry that you had those problems lad. It seems like it's a toss-up for a lot of people, they either get it and never run into a single problem or it shits the bed constantly on them. That's why I'd say wait for the refresh if you don't own one already.

It's a great device if you draw or use CAD programs. It can handle gaymen surprisingly well if that's your thing. Great battery and beautiful screen. The MagSafe like charger is great.
You are paying a premium for the form-factor and it's terrible to type on if you rest it on your lap. As long as you're fine with those drawbacks it's a solid device.

So win10 can bypass host-file, but it can't bypass router's blocks?

Nice to know. didn't think about it before, thanks for the tip.

Opinions on this? Are there any troubles because of the tablet - connection mechanism? How fluid is the experience overall? Are there any glitches with the touchpad or pen?

Should I just get an iPad pro? I just want a tablet that I can notate PDFs with that's not Samsung.

I've had my Surface Pro 3 for just over until Microsoft fucked everything up and bricked it with their shitty update. About to reinstall Windows 10 but that can be a bitch to do since I won't know if USB installation will even work.

Besides that, yeah, Surface Pros are worth buying because the pen is excellent for note taking, among other stuff.

>FSF drone calling others sheep

irony

>gaming tablet

Hey I think the keyboard and trackpad work pretty well. Nothing's perfect but in my experience 95% of the time it works great. No idea why you hate the stand though, that thing's great.

it's okay.
In the end I don't use the pen much but the screen is nice and it's more portable than my old laptop so I take it to class.

Looks fragile, get a thinkpad.

Whoever controls your router controls your internet access. Whatever's on your computer is a moot point if you can do that.