/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_b9M6CrL9x8
ebay.com/itm/NATO-ZULU-G10-military-Watch-Strap-VINTAGE-Genuine-Leather-18-20-22mm-/172352290041?var=&hash=item2820ff3cf9:m:mfL8maqRF_pFxpbDRZxO0kA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>first for muh colors

First for tripfag oh wait.

Here have a movement
>dat dere big booty pocket watch movement
mmm would wind dat

Now with hacking. I should really do a better picture though.

youtube.com/watch?v=_b9M6CrL9x8

/wt/ why don't you have a fucking watch?

You've posted this like 3 times today. Why not go spam some other board with your newfaggotry?

You don't?

>tfw when considering selling my 6206 and getting a SARB035 instead

Should i?

snagged this fucker for 120.

Nice big pilot homage by parnis, key point: no chinese shitter movement, real seiko Nh35 inside for relaibility. Considered the tisell but its sold out and a steinahrt, but think its too expensive for this type of watch

honestly steinharts pilots comapred to their divers are overpriced, they have no pressure testing, no depthrating, no added elegance (proper crown, polished dial markers etc) so it should be cheaper. It doesnt even adhere to the retro beadblasting, straight lugs or anything noteworthy which I could pay for.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Will DW make one with the man being cucked with a negro, or Panerai where the guy can't get it up because of the roids? Maybe Vostok doing one with a skinny man masturbating alone to cartoons on his computer.

Or perhaps Omega should do a Speedmaster where a fat Australian man blows a Southeast-Asian ladyboy.

tfw I fell for the Vostok meme

What's the cheapest way to get strap adapters for G-Shocks?

you dun goofed

build them

eBay.

Mountain jew meme israel

kek'd

r8 please

The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

shill faggot

Does FitBit count?

Enjoying my new daily beater shitter, had it for a few weeks, grills love it. Never gotten compliments on a watch from random grills before, obviously a complete whore magnet lulz

He's the shill.

barf.jpg

>invicta
>gold

such class

dumb hoes prob think it's a gold rolex.

Yes and thats the point, since nobody gives a fuck about my actual submariner. Chicks love style, gold diggers brands.

Post some pics of dem hoes to convince is to pick up a gold invicta.

>Post some pics of dem hoes
I strongly agree with this thoughtful and sensible reasoning.

Is it bad to let an automatic watch stop spinning for an extended length of time? I have two 10-year old 7s26 seikos that I let this happen to and they both are running 10s to 20s fast per day. In contrast, a brand new 7s26 I just got is running +/- 5s per day. I can't remember of the 2 old ones were this accurate when I first for them.

>Implying he actually gets any hoes

monkey swag never sent me a shipping confirmation or tracking number

Does it actually have 200m resistance?

Considering that the 7S26 is suppose to be a +45 to -15 seconds/day moment I don't see why you are worried about 20 seconds.

Just got this vintage 90's G-Shock, it has a BPM meter. Show me your Cred Forums shocks!

I have 10k in savings which watch should I buy with 10k . I figure I might as well wear my savings on my wrist then sell it if I need it.

Thoughts

Invest it you fag

Rolex Submariner

Anyone ever been robbed because of the attention brought by your watch? What kind of watch was stolen from you? Do you think your life was spared due to the robber's perceived value of your watch? In other words, do you think you would have been murdered if you only had a $10 Casio at the time? I worry about this scenario because I regularly rely on public transportation late at night.

i hope you're joking

Whenever I've gone places I considered at all sketchy I've stuck with watches under 250

i plan on the most expensive watches i ever buy being the bm8180 or snk795

attracting attention to yourself is never a good idea, and these two particular watches look nice while still being unassuming.

i've not been mugged before, but as someone who has been in rough places before, i can attest to less being better. my parents criticize me for wearing simple clothing all the time, but i don't stand out at all.

wear black and dark simple clothing. most of my clothes are dark, and they don't have meme shit on them - i don't dress edgy, i dress simple.

also, keep your hair cut short, and go unshaven a few days. the more unkempt you look, the better. when you look like a prissy white boy you will be a target.

i would sometimes wear a dark flannel jacket, jeans , and steel toe brown work boots to the hick town when i go to walmart, but i dress casual when i am in the town i live in.

i've lived in europe, central america, and the US

>hey guys here's my life savings
>what watch do i spend it all on

/wt/ in a nutshell

What do you guys think of Kinetic watches? When I first heard about them I thought they might have mechanical dial movement , but it turns out it's just quartz movement. What's the point? Why not just buy a quartz?

>turns out it's just quartz
Yep
>Why not just buy a quartz
It is a quartz

I mean, why not just get a pure quartz watch with a battery though, it would be even more accurate but instead you get an automatic that a million things could go wrong on

...that has quarts movement anyway

>it would be even more accurate
How

Because it's not dealing with a rotor?

The rotor doesn't regulate accuracy of the movement. A quartz crystal does.

This D5600E-1V arrives tomorrow. How did I do, /wt/?

>We acknowledge that bringing Chronos to you took longer than we had planned, but we are excited to be sharing Chronos with you now. You'll be receiving your Chronos disc soon. Thank you for your continued support for Chronos; we are grateful for you!

YES

I'm not adverse to beating someone up, I'd honestly rather be dead then have some faggot one over on me and take my watch. But I usually avoid the situation by putting my watch in my pocket when I'm walking home late at night and I see someone sketchy. Been a working class piece of filth I can tell you that 99% of robberies are either drug addicts (I.e. Tell them to fuck off and they will) or are spur of the moments see something they like and want to take it (your watch or shoes). So I just put it in the pocket to avoid trouble

Put it into a term deposit for at least a year. Research some investments while it is acuring interest

Why are spring drive watches so expensive /wt/? It is objectively the best power system, you'd think at least 35% of watches would have it

For one, Seiko only makes spring drive movements to a high degree of precision and decoration. And they only house them in well made cases, with fine dials and hands. That shit costs money

rate my apple watch please

>tfw no watch loving trap gf

surely others on /wt/ knows this feel.

You should make a thread about this on Cred Forums

Is Bulova a good brand /wt/ ? Would you compare it to Seiko?

Thinking about buying my first watch and am in between Bulova sweeping quartz movement (UHF or 262 kHz) and a Seiko mechanical

Bulova was an American company. They made a number if watches, including watches for the military along with other American companies like Hamilton (now in swatch) and Benrus (dead.) They also made a cool tuning fork watch.

Now it's a sub brand of citizen.

Oh, I was just looking up sweeping quartz movement and they came up

Why aren't you getting an Apple Watch

how much did you you pay for the seikomatic if you don't mind me asking

>Why aren't you getting an Apple Watch
We don't suck cocks
(Well, most of us, anyway.)

Why are those pushers so morbidly obese?
>Revolting

How do I nigger rig my new leather band onto my watch? Tried using everything sort of the actual tool

Use a spring bar tool, they aren't expensive.

I'll have to wait 10 days to get one shipped to me

I just bought an U-Boat 1001 watch, how good is it, it's my first real watch anyone?

Moshi Moshi
Is that you, baito-san?

Hahaha no bait son, real deal, I just can't figure out if it's the real Deal or not

Carefully, with a knife.

Are there any decent Chinese divers?
Also, does anyone know when can I order one of these for myself again?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>posting pics of random people
This thirsty black gentleman right here, this is not /o/ where that drug runner always posted his vette and grill. Just trust me, watch any "what watch to attract grill" video and its always a big gold piece because grills love the colour gold.

This is the half truth, they think its gold, not a rolex. Chicks in their twenties really dont look for rolex on your wrist

Supposedly, does withstand highpressure shower head at least lulz

I bit the bullet
Tell me how bad I fucked up so i can get it out of my system please

A used precious metal Rolex, safe investment if you can find a nice one. Whitegold if you dont wanna show off

I have bodyarmor thats stab/bullet proof and ccw if I go out late at night, even when this is a good neighbour hood. Never been robbed, probably look like a big guy that would rob you, even though Id never start a fight kek

Yes get a regular quartz. Probably kintec from seiko will be reliable, but its another failiure point(and so is their battery)

Get rid of that god hideous bracelet, and you're set. Nice enough piece otherwise.

Damn, these are a real steal nowadays, 1,5k for inhouse moonphase movement watch, not a real movement guy desu.

You bought one of the worst luxury divers on the market
>co axial shitter movement
>those stupid hard to read hands
>that slippery bezel

Looks cool though

Huh that wasn't as bad as I thought
What would you get, to accompany it?

no.

NATO would probably turn it into the comfiest fucking watch ever.

Personally I can't stand mesh straps, or atleast on watches without shrouded lugs.

I'll try on my bond strap and see. Should probably get a nice blue one
Thanks yo

I lost my snk809 stock strap. That is unfortunate since I reallly like it.

Is it possible to buy it?

I searched a lot but found nothing online, The other option would be to buy another snk809 but that is stupid.

So if someone here replaced his snk809 strap I'd be happy to buy it.

If i remember correctly the model number for the strap is 4K13JZ, but i have a better option if you'd like.

>4K13JZ
This is it, thanks!!

>but i have a better option if you'd like
What do you mean?

You could get a good quality zulu strap instead.

Could you give me an example?

Not mine, but more or less where i'm aiming.

You could also get a nylon zulu strap.

Its here! Straight daytone rip off
>18mm
Oh never mind it is its own and unique mountain on your wrist :^)

Looks nice indeed.

It wouldn't be nearly a shameless if "swiss made" wasn't where "daytona" would be..

Also, why couldn't they atleast remove the fucking polythene from the thing as to not distort the dial.

Have we got a price yet?

1 grand in eurocucks

My chronograph beater. What do you people think.

It has flyback chrono:
"Dubois Dépraz DD 2020, a Swiss automatic movement which is based on the decorated ETA 2824-2 TOP"

Mmm..Not too far off the RaceTimer then.

>Movement
>ETA 2824-2 TOP with Module from Dubois Dépraz DD 2020

What, they ran out of 7750 Valjuoxs?
I can foresee a rehash of this...Hopefully being thinner.

I mean, I know the 7750 is by no means a thin movement, but the Racetimer sits 16mm tall, is this modified 2824 really so much thicker?

Still, atleast it's a top grade 2824 they modded.

Nice Christopher Ward homage.

>311

Its just as thin since the crystal is super domed. The Eta based module chrono is better than a valjoux due to the rotor

Was actually considering chr ward but I hate the look of the hands and logo, also not a fan of thr wavy texture on the dial

Mayhaps it will wear smaller that it seems. But I refuse to believe that that bezel and crystal are set as low as they can be.

Just ordered SNK809 stock strap on ebay, thanks to Feels good.

>not even getting the textured dial semen-master.
Nigga please.

A then knife will do the trick.
You don't really need the springbar tool, although that makes it easier.

Another shameless theft from Steinshit!!!
>ohboy.jpg

yeah, but you would think they could not totally fuck it up

Think it's the best you can do for under a 1000$, really don't even know of any thin chrono auto movements. Maybe they should have made it hand wind only and kept it slightly thinner if thats even possible. Shameless theft that will sell really well though. snart business move. Next up the Speedamster :^)

Why is it so fat? Doesn't anyone make an automatic chrono movement that isn't 8mm thick?

does ETA make a manual chrono movement?

No they don't

then stienhart won't :^

You know they could probably just remove the rotor to make it thinner by a few millimeters, I did it myself on a cheap 10$ mechanical shitter to fit a thin caseback, still hand wound ofc

That Oris is neato.

bpm as in music beats per minutes, or heartbeat? The former would be better desu

>no retarded mish-mash of colours
you did good
>not solar or radio controlled
you could have done better

yeah i can't wait to make my watches unbearably thick. i love neon underglow and want my watch to match my modded honda civic.

never

fuck me that's bad

looks cheap, but at least it's inexpensive

what is /wt/ waiting on?

g. gerlach

Two Poljots.

Both in uncanny shape and at least one of the is on it's way to be sold.

Also, post a pic of your collection instead of just post shite.

like 12 catalogues i ordered
free shit hell yeah

found this joke on my newsfeed sum guy is seling wooden watches for around 60-70€ to retard people its caled WoowaWatches

when I clean my watchbox, its full of straps, junk and some watches

do they work?

Throw it on a desk and take a picture.

It ruined my interest in watches. I wear it all the time now. I haven't even looked at my other nicer looking watches since I got it. It's just so convenient having it's features and ruggedness that lets me go about carefree without worrying about accidentally marring it, which being a G-Shock, would only lend to it's looks.

Heart beats per minute. But I'm not sure if it's accurate. It's the DW-003 model

You did good. G-Shocks are underrated . great quality watches

An Accutron II Surveyor.
>dat sweeping seconds hand.

Really like it, would have gotten one if Seiko 5's with hardlex weren't in the same price range.

Whats the name for this strap? I have that seiko and been looking for this particular strap. pls user

just a leather nato/zulu

leather zulu strap.

Quality varies from chink made doganus leather ones to good quality Italian leather. And plenty of various options. As for the color:

ebay.com/itm/NATO-ZULU-G10-military-Watch-Strap-VINTAGE-Genuine-Leather-18-20-22mm-/172352290041?var=&hash=item2820ff3cf9:m:mfL8maqRF_pFxpbDRZxO0kA

Not one of the two sellers i usually buy from, but should be fine (plus they don't make 18mm's).

I'll likely order one as well.

Heres my shitty current collection, I'm like an revolving door when it comes to collecting (have been at least), trying to add some variety now with a flieger and a dress watch

A sumo, a Sub and 3 shitters.

I expected it to be worse, but the unmodded Invicta brings it down quite considerably.

Its my beater slash grill magnet, since I go clubbing and I don't wanna bring any of the better watches anymore. Also Casio protrek solar isn't a shitter excuse me. The alpha and invicta are though.

do you use a bezel while clubbing ?

Personally I can't stand having a bezel on a watch unless I'm often using it, or go diving , which is never

The Sub is an obvious fake as well.

Didn't look like a PRG series to me for some odd reason, looked more like some chinkshit for some odd reason.

yes, probably sum chepo quartz module inside