You have to post why you didn't buy a ThinkPad and didn't fall for the ThinkPad meme

You have to post why you didn't buy a ThinkPad and didn't fall for the ThinkPad meme

Even a poor sap faggot like me got a better laptop than today's shitty modern laptops out there

eGPU support so you can hook desktop gpus up to your chinkpad
caddy support so you can slip in 1-2 more ssd or hdd and ditch your optical drive

I bought a T420i packing a 2nd gen i7 2.80ghz and 8GB RAM 14 inch w 1600 x 900 off Craigslist for $160 and I'm loving the fuck out of my new chinkpad vs my old shitty hp dv5 on AMD Turion II which is a snail compared to my i7

When will you realize you've made a grave mistake in your laptop decision/s and purchase/s instead of buying and grabbing a chinkpad for yourself, Cred Forums?

What's your fucking excuse?

Normos will pay top dollar for something that visually appealing rather than functional

Lenovo

I am on a T400 right now I got from an auction for twelve dollars. It was missing the battery, hdd, optical drive, and ac adapter. I got all that for about $50.

So about $62 in and I have a pretty good laptop. It feels really solid and good to type on. The CPU is only a Core 2 Duo but it still gets the job done for anything I'd want to do with it that I'd do on a laptop. I have my desktop for the heavy work.

I literally just needed a Facebook machine so I got a Chromebook instead

t420 i got for $150 is coming in the mail

I have a t430 and an x201 on the way. The t430 had a horrible screen. I feel like it gave me eye cancer.

i have an x1 carbon 1st gen, now i want to sell it to buy a rael thinkpad

I bought a MacBook

>tfw got a T420 for 140$

you'll love it senpai

Is the X1 carbon any good if Im not gonna use it for gaming?

Keep your cum encrusted laptops in /tpg/.
The real official laptop of Cred Forums is the XPS 13.

1600x900 TN is fucking awful. Sorry I don't want my eyes to get cancer.

>paying more to be able to do less

modern gookovo shitpads are barely distinguishable from walmart laptops these days

that piece of shit gook company ruined the line

>who cares about weight
>who cares about battery life
>who cares about the screen
>at least I can cum on my laptop and have no water damage!

>tfw you have both

I bought a T420 for $150 the other day to test out distros before I install them on the XPS. Currently have fedora on the thinkpad and its comfy af

As someone who's using a T420s with a 1600x900 TN screen, I can confirm that it's utter fucking garbage. Love everything else, though, can I fix the shit screen in any way? I know there was a kit but it was discontinued.

T420
X201
X200
T61
Spent less than 400 on them total, so cheaper than a shitty Acer
The T420 especially because I don't miss my desktop at all since I'm dorming.
X201 is great for taking to the library and such

/thread

>that pic

fedora is amazing

i've got an X200 for €40. Put livreboot and trisquel on it. Never looked back at microshaft

I got Y50 with quad core i7 and decent enough gpu for $800-900. Swapped out hdd for an ssd and I don't need a ThinkPad now.

I only want facebook so i got a macbook pro instead that fits my desires

aftermarket ThinkPads are such a ridiculous bargain i cannot imagine buying anything else

I need something on which I can edit video, use photoshop and illustrator and listen to music without hiccups. That mean I need an SSD, a dedicated graphics card and an average cpu (i5). That means the price will go up and it's the same shit as any other good quality laptop.

I don't want Intel ME.

A x230 from 2012 can do all that. At the same time.
Even a x201 would be good for work like that.

>garbage GPU
>garbage display
>garbage look&feel
>PREVIOUSLY OWNED
well I don't know

why though? I bought the 3rd gen on launch and its the best device i've owned, it's like a non shit macbook.