Why are you not using Kubuntu?

Other urls found in this thread:

jriddell.org/2016/07/05/kde-neon-5-7/
omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/10/kde-plasma-5-8-lts-released
youtu.be/ZXiBGXGbz7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

KDE Neon is superior

do i have neon?

People who hate KDE are people who tried kubuntu.

>PID 1 systemd

It's pretty stable on my system. KDE use to be complete shit but now it's seems pretty solid.

Because KDE Neon exists

I use Arch

These.

What do you meme by that?

Because I use Arch with Plasma 5, and Funtoo with OpenBox.

>PID 1
isn't all that special

It's an unstable fat diabetic whore.

install gnome

captcha ayam dundonald

because i am not a faggot
>wtf is on your computer?
>kubuntu
>what is that?
>an operating system that doesn't work.

*buntu = worse Linux

/thread

Gnome sucks, It's a shitty tablet interface with huge ugly buttons.

Fuck your glitchy DE and broken distro base!

You had a really good comment going there, and then you went and suggested gnome.

With a few tweaks it's sexy. It's the most stable yet featureful DE that isn't ugly.

I hated KDE in 2005 and always liked Xfce. Might give it another chance soon, since it's been so long.

KILL THE BANK, KDE MAN

Because it has systemd

I personally prefer Plasma 5, but it does crash occasionally. At least it recovers instantly.

Not only that, it's an ugly tablet interface with dogshit touchscreen support. It fails at the one thing it's aesthetically good for.

i preffer ubuntu mate

I don't like kde that much

I'm not your mate, buddy.

I am using it. It looks great and it's very stable. I have no idea why it's not as popular as other distributions

Ubuntu MATE is the best favour and best distro, stable, comfy, FAST as fuck. Been using it for two moths, it really just works

Because we don't do enough evangelism.

We need to go door to door and let our community know of the miracle that is KDE and Ubuntu and ask them if they have accepted Mark Shuttleworth as their personal lord and savior.

Because KDE is a shit UI for autists

I used KDE Mint and it was slow as shit.

KDE Neon is a Ubuntu based distro published by KDE, it's more stable than Kubuntu

I've used KDE plasma on openSUSE, and it's smooth and stable but it takes like 10 seconds to open fucking libreoffice, while on my ubuntu mate virtual machine it takes like 1 sec. Is Opensuse the problem or KDE?

>GNOME
>stable

XFCE works but it looks like it's still stuck in 2005

Because Cinnamon exists.

There's an option to load openoffice components at system start to speed up opening times. Perhaps that is set on one and not the other.

I don't even know why the thread continued after this point.

What's wrong with systemd

>Binary logs
Can be changed to plain texts

>PID 1
Systemd now can hotpatch PID 1 :^^^^)

>Not unix
Go use BSD or haiku

>not Jonathan Riddell

Hmmm. i didn't know that.

But kubuntu 16.04 does seem to work fine though. I haven't seen any bugs yet.

RRRRRRRRRR RIKITY RIKITY REKT.

Can confirm

A reminder that Kubuntu does not have KDE upstream, it has KDE with a bunch of shitty patches to make it run on Ubuntu.

A reminder that Kubuntu is not Ubuntu supported either. Literally nobody wants it to exist.

mate or xfce are the only proper des

thank mr. skeltal

Because OpenSUSE has a better implementation of KDE, also wtf is KDE Neon and when is Fibre coming out?

KDE Neon comes directly from KDE devs. Objectively the best KDE configuration I have seen

I'm just used to Xubuntu. It feels like an old friend.

Why are you not using macOS™?

>Costs money on shit hardware
>Terrible hardware support otherwise
>Toddler OS with no choice of desktops

bcos it a shit

shut up u fucking meanie i betu cant even afford a mac

Cuz we are not oldfags

XFCE also looks like it's stuck in 2005.

KILL THE BANK KDE MAN

Back to 9gag immediately

Because KDE crashes randomly every 3 to 5 minutes.

how often do you misclick those icons

Kinit should merge into systemd
Result: flawless DE

KILL THE BANK KDE MAN!

Fuck off Lennart.

Cause I don't suck copious amounts of dick.

> Why are you not using Kubuntu?

I use LinuxMint KDE, which is similar.

I'm running version 17.3, and it's been very stable. Looks and feels nice too.

that looks like shit

Why is the only option for KDE Neon to do a live image?

What if I want to boot from SSD? And completely replace windows. Like a permanent install.

>Can't install Ubuntu on SSD
wat

install it exactly the same as you would on a HDD

nigga what

Why aren't you using KDE Neon? Who needs crapware preinstalled for you?

Good year.

Because I use i3.

Btw is anyone getting messed up javascript on here? When I hover over a post ID it's just putting a red arrow through it but not allowing the java elements. I'm not using no script either.

>cinnamon

All you faggots not using a tiling window manager are UNTERMENSCHEN and must leave the territories by late December or be terminated.

Because I moved into lubuntu and ended up running openbox and tint2 in it and it keeps not fucking up so I'm sticking with it.

Using KArch

Technically I'm using it but I added the neon repos to it so I suppose it's actually neon now.
I feel kubuntu was released with a not quite ready version of qt/plasma.

damn 2 weeks, I am using weaboontu, planning the switch to arch soon, ubuntu is a joke

because I Dont like KDE

>Hexchat and pidgin.
wtf are you doing?

chatting with other furry faggots, and some developers...and im watching Luke Cage on my other computer?

this is literally a shit posting/email laptop- its a 4 or 5 year old 12" notebook.

i fail at life
pidgin sucks dick for doing IRC.
thunderbird sucks dick at IRC.

Hexchat works and functions like WookieChat, my first IRC client. Seems like a good reason to use it.

KILL THE BANK, KDE MAN

>Why are you not using Kubuntu?
I am but KDE is glitchy. I'm thinking of switching to cinnamon, probably on ubuntu instead of Mint.

>superior waifu taste

>buttbuntu botnet
No thanks.

Epic meme
>

Well, enjoy being Canonical's bitch. That's not my problem.

Epic, truly epic.
>That's not my problem.
No, debian is your problem.

Go for it kiddo

You must be new here. Without Debian your little noobuntu wouldn't exist.

You must be a sjw, ubuntu cuts the shite out of debian cucks.

Built by a corporation to collect your data for amazon

Are you dense?
How does kubuntu collect data for amazon?

what font is that (konsole)?

Noobuntu is so bloated

>You must be a sjw
You must be underage b&. Ubuntu is based on Debian, as are other notable distros like Kali, CrunchBang, Raspbian, Tails, and even SteamOS. What's based on Ubuntu? Fucking Mint, the software version of testicular cancer. Kill yourself.

Because Kubuntu is shit. MATE is best mix of how everything looks with minimal tweaks, and having enough options to play with.

What annoyed me most on Kubuntu was it wasn't a terminal you were opening. It was a Konsole. So the normal key bindings of CTRL+ALT+T didn't open a terminal window like it does on 99% of other *Buntu distributions.

>tfw Manjaro KDE
Truly the best of all worlds.

Lxqte based DE when?

You know you can remove that in recent versions, right?

Desktop Settings -> Tweaks -> disable "Show the desktop toolbox"

thx for this user. ill give Plasma a try in case Cinnamon gets Shrekli'ed

because i got the shits with dolphin not mounting my iphone.

nemo and cinnamon user 4 life.

KILL THE BANK KDE MAN

desktop thread?

yup

If you have a thing in your programs menu called "Amazon", well, yeah.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

:^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

KDE is shit.

what font is that? I mean in the bottom panel?

Because I used openSUSE.

Have used Kubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 without much issues though.

KDE on openSUSE Tumbleweed appears a bit more stable.

Then again, my amount of workaround/fix notes for openSUSE is growing almost daily.

roboto

i'll tell you a story. i've been using openSUSE as my base linux distro for a while and decided to try kubyntu. after install i've noticed the absence of key feature: pinning programs to main desktops. i tried to search the problem on ubuntu forums and realized that this is a bug that haven't been fixed for... five years. after that i deal only with xubuntu of the family.

Only faggots use flashy DEs with meme features.
Real men use Lubuntu.

>788M used
>literally nothing is open

that's why.

Because lubuntu is better

>dont get diabetes
>get cancer instead

Because KDE neon have Plasma 4.8
Kubuntu have 5.4(5?¿)

im wrong Neon have 5.8

and thats why i use neon

Because it has KDE. No, thanks.

Does it still behave weird when you plug an external monitor to a laptop?
Because it certainly did last year when I tried it

plasma is now better than before with the 5.8 version, you should at least test it

it's seem fixed since 5.8

Links pls

yes, no

jriddell.org/2016/07/05/kde-neon-5-7/

>jriddell.org/2016/07/05/kde-neon-5-7/
yes
omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/10/kde-plasma-5-8-lts-released

i just do an apt upgrade on neon user and i got it

>not using xubuntu

>Using a DE that hasn't been updated in over 4 years

It's dead m8.

I can handle everything I throw at it, it's feature complete, what more do you want?

Also
>last stable release: 18 months ago

Because all *buntus are broken pieces of shit.

KDE is alright.

>tips fedora

>not broken

Don't make me laugh

does it remember window size and position?

because i will install ANY foken loonix that can remember window size and position after restart.

I admit, KDE could be better here. It defaults to broken f24-theme (see pic) instead of Breeze. And I can't remove that because it's default so I'm stuck with two completely dysfunctional relics. The menu defaults are also bad, had to remove ton of dupes. Bad defaults issue aside solid as fuck.

I don't hate KDE but I've never liked it either. It's always felt like something that was designed by and for 15 year olds because of the sheer amount of half-finished garbage everywhere. KDE 5 isn't really any different, if anything it's worse because apparently blinding white and fist-sized outlines of icons are what people want now.

I used to, but every time I connect and then disconnect a second screen, which I do all the time, it fucked up the panel. It just got really tiring after a while.

It had some good things though. I loved how much you could tweak the touchpad. I had it at almost macbook levels of smooth.

How do i change the applications theme to match the desktop theme?

The "change overall desktop theme" only gives breeze and breeze dark.

If your distort comes prepackaged with a DE and you're actually using it, you're doing something wrong FYI

So i should install gentoo?

This is the smug attitude that keep people away from Linux

No, this is the correct attitude to keep people from wasting their time with a substandard environment and dropping it altogether once they think linux is nothing more than the free, works good enough version of windows.

Gentoo is not a meme, it takes a little more investment upfront when starting out but it pays dividends down the road when you have a system that isn't completely beholden to Xorg

Keep doing your part to drive people away from Linux.

please dude, this is a technology board ffs. We're supposed to be a cut above the rest.

Have fun settling for bullshit i guess...

>Gentoo is not a meme
>my smug attitude is not a meme
If you don't want to use Xorg then install templeOS

Xfce is better

I didn't say I did't want to use org, i just don't want it to be a crucial always on component and minimize its importance as much as possible.

yes, by default launched app are restored after a restart

because cinnamon is better

there is nothing you can do on gentoo that you cant do on other distrib like ubuntu, so all the time you take to learn gentoo is wasted time (exept if you did it in an educational purpose)

how did you get screenfetch to show pictures of a jewish loli?

>systemd
>kde
>dpkg
Jee-zuss Kee-rist

It's much easier and more straightforward to setup your kernel from scratch and install only what you need from the get go. Even if you do a Ubuntu minimal install you usually don't compile anything and you're still forced to take a bunch of additional utilities on to make your system useable.

Yeah, there's (almost) nothing you can do in gentoo you can't in Ubuntu, but Gentoo is designed to be much more customization friendly, and at that point there's no reason to pick Ubuntu specifically either as every other distort can do the same things too.

Gentoo's also pretty much the only distort based around Portage from the start.

Also:

>being more adept at administering and configuring your system
>waste of time

Technolo/g/, everyone.

why do you keep typing "distort"?

do you mean distro?

mac(I'm at work) autocorrect

>featureful

Could you share the wallpaper?

youtu.be/ZXiBGXGbz7g
You were saying?

Enjoy never getting the latest releases of Plasma :^)

>KDE

pls no