>even muh text editor hangs and crashes
>can't learn anything because I'm fighting my OS up-hill both ways
>enough.png
>install W10
>everything works
>get Visual Studio for free
>holyshit this is amazing
>actually make some headway

I log in daily and see programming threads and linux threads espousing the greatness of Linux. How fucking great can it be when its this awful even on the most newbie distro of them all? Who the hell would put up with this on a machine they're using daily?

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/tagged/nvidia?sort=active&pageSize=50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(You)

Wow i wouldn't pay a penny for such a low equality shilling but rupees are cheap anyways

#blacked

>text editor crashes and hangs
>visual studio doesn't
hehehe even mactards will spot the shill hehehe

RRRRRRRR REKITTY REKT

Guessing OP has a 8+ series nvidia card I had to purge my drivers after updating to ubuntu 16.04 because nvidia drivers were for a newer kernel than was present. It was a real shit-show. If that's legitimately the first experience OP had with Linux I can see where he'd be buttblasted about it.

There are hindu NEETs? aren't they a shame to shiva and sacrificed for their cow gods to restore the eternal family pride?

Welcome to the club pal. Compilers are better over here.

>Compilers are better over here.
What did he mean by this?

OP here. That's exactly what happened. I looked up the problem, purged the drivers, re-installed with new drivers. Still performed like ass. I'd be fine if i had an intel GPU to fall back on but my first-gen i7 doesn't have that so the tedium of bullshitting with drivers in the installation terminal was awful.

oh god this reminds me of the time when i tried to install linugz on my pc that has a HD7990... holy fukken shit how shitty it was, it didnt work at all. it still cant work properly...

same issue with my laptop that has nvidia optimus technology, shit just aint working on linux because linux is designed for old shitty core2 thinkpads

since then i only use linux in VMs, they feel and work pretty comfy there

Install Arch. Seriously. It isn't hard and you'll get the latest drivers and kernel. New hardware sucks on non-rolling distros. That's the whole reason why Arch is popular.

>runs like shit, tons of driver issues
>all manner of bugs
>even muh text editor hangs and crashes

Lies.

askubuntu.com/questions/tagged/nvidia?sort=active&pageSize=50

(You) should have bought a mac

you fell for the meme
desktop linux is garbage

there you go op but i bet it would be better if you installed a newer kernel on that ubuntu via ppa or whatever

Looks like you're one of the chosen ones user. Thank God that he has steered you towards his greatest creation, .NET.

oy vey

You've triggered GNU Pajeet detector. There's nothing you can do now but go back to your vidya.

That's right, the zionist communist Linux users aren't the real chosen people.

Thanks user. I'm going to try that after work.

>decide to stop being NEETfag
This is why Linux isn't for you.

GOYIM NO!

I used to think like this until I had to use GNU+Linux for some of my university assignments. I did a dual boot at first, but Windows started running worse and worse so I ditched it for some extra storage.

From numerous group projects I have found Windows programmers to be the most incompetent and unhelpful partners you can find. They are often completely reliant on visual studio but are unaware of how to configure it properly for the project. They are completely allergic to Git and any form of version control and they insist that you give them your code on a flash drive or by email. They usually refuse to use any kind of command line and need excessive hand-holding to perform basic tasks like installing VS packages. Then you also have the issue of finding windows-compatible packages, which sometimes involves hours of building from source (which of course, they cannot do).

Trust me Cred Forums. Never EVER work with a programmer who insists on using Windows and only Windows for programming.

>get Visual Studio for free
>holyshit this is amazing

Literally nobody would react like this, you don't need to be fighting an uphill battle with an IDE when just getting into programming.

Noobuntu is so bloated

only the defaut images

the network installer is fine

plus you could use something like --no-install-recommends or what apt has

Is there any way to still get the free upgrade?

>Literally nobody would react like this
Have you tried using VS like god intended? Meaning .NET and associated technologies? You should try it linuxfag it'll be eye-opening experience

>runs like shit, tons of driver issues

b8

>msvc
>good

Maximum kekking, god this is some good shit, if true.

>hurr I'm retarded

nice anecdote where do I unsubscribe?

Why would you use a nvidia with linux being opengl? Nvidia is only decent for dx

>Doing anything Cred Forums says

See, your error lies in getting a 'beginner-friendly' distro that's riddled with unnecessary crap.
Should've just installed gentoo.

consider hanging yourself tech illiterate

>the drive on the pic s actually a samsung ssd :^)

AMD is absolute shit on Linux unless you use the AMDGPU driver (GCN 1.3/1.4 : Tonga, Fiji, Polaris)

>God had something to do with VS
t. things that never happened

cause ubuntu / linux made for server

Windows "Programmers" in University maybe. How do you get dependent on an IDE that doesn't make sense...

really stretching there, huh?

/thread

Jokes on your pic, windows actually knows somehow its a SSD, you can see this in the optimization tool or what it used to be the defrag application.

SteveB: >DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS
Loonix fags: >GRANDMAS GRANDMAS GRANDMAS

Literally my experience with ubuntu in 2007.
Glad to know nothing had changed