How long until we get augumentations, Cred Forums?

how long until we get augumentations, Cred Forums?

At this rate in about 5-10 years

First we need to resolve a couple issues, like harnessing large amounts of energy in smaller batteries in order to go a complete day and longer while using eye displays and long distance radio ears or whatnotthefuck. Once the batteries are finished, all that's left is designing the augmentations. I personally wouldn't want robot arms so I'd just live out my fantasy in the VR world in 2 years time.

2028. Singularity at 2032-35. Complete merging with technology at around 2040. Screencap this.

I'm not gonna keep a screencap for 24 years.

I've kept one for 12 years, 24 years feels like just a bit more of a stretch

There are a couple issues. Energy si a big one. But sensing is hard. its hard to build in all of the feedback necessary with all the sensors you would need. Control is the name of the game. not all human geometry has closed loop solutions to their kinematics. that means having to solve PDE'S multiple times per second. That has a really significant impact on performance. Theres a lot more but i dont want to get into it. Basically we would need fully functioning androids before we had serious augmentations.

What board is that?

Do neovaginas count? The name certainly sounds cyber enough. Breast augmentation?

What about artificial hearts?

Cochlea implants 100% definitely count, there's no room for argument there.

You're already living in the future, OP, it just wasn't as sudden and inclusive as you expected. Robot dogs were a Christmas fad. I'm siting here typing this on Penny's computer book.

Dizzying, no?

Well, Cred Forums obviously

what is on the image?

Now. Never. We already have it. But only for people who lost their organs, limbs, etc. Noone will be choping of their hands just to have plastic ones.

jewgle & zuck & others are dropping gorillions into this
any day now

There's no way you're going to keep this screenshot and actually remember it all the way through 2040. Screencap this.

>tfw if augs ever become available to the public they'll have NSA backdoors all over them and you become a living botnet

I'd rather we develop tech so the energy our bodies are capable of producing gets used for the augs.

Yup this already happened in Deus Ex. I don't trust augs even if they're badass.

or this

Too long. I want my adjustable robodick right now.

>develop batteries that can charged massive amounts of energy and fit inside someone's torso
>it explodes and injures or mains everyone in a 2 metre radius