>tfw your favorite laptop finally kicked the bucket

did any of your hardware die recently?

My 7970 sadly started artifacting after years of normal use and around 4 months of 24/7 mining Litecoins at 90°C back in like 2012.
I'm surprised it held up that long.

Replaced it with an RX 480 until big Vega is released and it seems like I won the silicon lottery with it.
Runs absolutely stable at 1425MHz core at 1100mV and 2200MHz vram at 1000mV

>My 7970 sadly started artifacting
>artifacting

I fucking HATE when that happens.
Every little graphics glitch makes me thing my GPU is about to shit the bed soon.

Actually, yes. My 6 year old laptop that I upgraded every single piece of hardware from stopped responding to the power key yesterday. Won't turn on and the led that indicates that it's plugged in doesn't work either. The led that indicates that the battery isn't charging does still work though. I checked the power button, but it seems to be fine, so I guess I'll have to go and get a new motherboard for it.

I don't mind that much though, I've been wanting to put a new motherboard in anyways since I want one with a better graphics chip and without a messed up USB port.

I'd hate it if I wouldn't be able to fix it though.

My GTX 780ti keeps dying every month or so, I've performed several reflows using thermal grease and it has come back from the dead more than Jesus Christ.

I simply can't get the damn card to run below 70c even with the fan at full throttle and a blazing AC

my GT220 finally ded, along with my barracuda hdd 500gb, also old msi mobo.
everything ded

Gigabyte 7970 flashed with ghz edition bios OC'd to 1200mhz.
VRM exploded.
Was used to mine buttcoins for 2 years befor i got it and went almost another 4 years heavily OC'd b4 dieing. Performed amazing. Got a 780ti from a teammate free. Even though it is a gen newer it is not significantly faster than my 7970 was in new games.

Rip
Fuck Gigabyte's shoddy power delivery. AMD did a amazing job on their side though.
Upgrading this 780ti to big vega when it is available.

My pc almost died from a leak which i didn't even notice at first

thank god the leaking reservoir was outside the case

i thought it did, but it turned out to be an incompatible ram module

my note 2 headphone port is super static-y tho

780ti not significantly faster than 7970

Benchmarks read about 53% better scores for the 780ti
What's your CPU?

Xeon E5-2670 v3
Check new games.
Nvidia's long term support is garbage compared to AMD's.

>kicked the bucket
Did you mean hit the bucket? If it kicked it it wouldn't be in there thus it would've avoided being trashed

I have to underclock the RAM on my HD 4830 progressively to stop artifacts. It'll probably shit the bed soon.

Not recently, but a year ago my windows machine died. Took the opportunity to switch to Linux full-time.

Nope

friends computer died.
apparently he was using his home computer as a gaming computer and work computer.
he says that he does weekly backups.
he also said that he had been getting these bootup errors for the past 4 months.
sometimes it would just not boot up. (hard drive errors)
last week the hard drive dies.
i come over on Saturday and take a look.
bios is booting up in UEFI. i disable it.
notice how quiet the drive is and how there is no vibration.
restart.
A disk read error occurred
keep restarting computer and tweaking the bios settings.
bios can't see the drive about half the time.
load UBCD.
WD hdd tool to scan drive.
no drive found.
unplug it and plug it into laptop with external usb-sata connector.
see WD drive.
plug it back into the computer.
still can only see the drive half the time.
take it to my place.
drive wont start now.
text him.
he now thinks i sabotaged his drive because the bios could read the drive when i left.
>i had a weeks worth of stuff that i didn't backup!
>i had all my passwords that i didn't backup
>what the hell is "sync to the cloud"

>twingoposting on Cred Forums

No, because I buy only high quality hardware and I treat it properly.
Only normies kill their hardware.

>did any of your hardware die recently?
My two Samsung HD204UIs both died semi-recently. I don't know exactly when they started going bad, but when I last checked them both were throwing out checksum errors constantly.

I have them both replaced by now, and wrote over the HD204UIs with random bytes. Not sure what to do with them.

My 2012 Nexus 7 is dying a slow death

>friend blames you for sabotage

that's no friend

i just remembered the last time i helped the guy out.
>one or two years ago
>his windows crashed.
>hard drive was fine (maybe)
>can't load windows
>run puppylinux and copy files over to external drive
>2.0 usb
>will take about an hour or 2.
>come back. external drive crashed. lol
>restart. seems fine. go back to copying files
they get upset because they bought an external hard drive that is WINDOWS approved.
>i dont know, im just saying maybe the hard drive doesn't like linux.
>im not saying that you broke our external drive but.....
there were other stories like this.
i never learn my lesson.

tfw golden 2500k can no longer run stable calculations at 4.8ghz using only 1.35V
kaby lake when

will unpaid “IT support” guys ever stop being cucks?

enjoy being abused for the rest of your life

i have converted my laptop into tv box with openelec and some wood

My laptop fell off my bed. The power cable landed on a box, which was fortunate, but it caused the dc jack to become loose. It's in the repair shop and I'm still waiting for it.

OP define "kick the bucket" did it die as in atop powering on at all or dod the os just shit itself?

>can't repair a jack by himself
How embarrassing

I have provided free support for my family members and others but never got treated like that. If anyone ever did I would just stop talking to them.

I probably could, but I have cerebral palsy and I have trouble with some things. I have the mental fortitude but I'm physically impaired.

I had my beautiful T410 which got some coffee into it and the screen died.(The "high res" 1400x900 one).

Got a new screen of the same resolution but when I assemble everything it won't POST. Now I'm just waiting for a new motherboard because why the hell not? The battery lasts 2 hours and it's 50% hotter than any recent laptop but it's so sturdy, has all the media keys and hell, I bought it from my very first pay-check.

it just happens sometimes

unfriend.
now.

I thought I fried up my 8 year old motherboard or PSU when I was fucking inside running PC trying to pull out tangled IDE cable when PC suddenly died.

After checking every cable I rescued my PC

my windows 8 phone got updated to windows 10
now it takes 15 seconds to take a photo

>tfw when my comfy Note 3 is on it's last leg

3 years and still rolling, but it's getting real close to kicking the bucket. Already checked and it's the mobo that's about to give in.

And as promising as the V20 sounds i still feel it'll be a letdown. Otherwise i'm unsure as to what device to get.

>Already checked and it's the mobo that's about to give in.
how?

My dell studio 1558 started shutting off from thermal issues. Took it apart, scraped the old thermal paste off, put new on, blew out the hs with air and slapped it back together.

I've relegated it to housecall-invoice generating machine for now. I'll probably stress test it and get rid of it while they're still >100 resale value and get something a few generations newer.

Don't need much for typing invoices or watching vids, but would like to run a few virtual machines if needed.

Pic related. And don't hate on the emachine, it's just there for parts lookup and fb for the custys.