What's the first thing you do when you get a cell phone, Cred Forums? Debloat? Root...

What's the first thing you do when you get a cell phone, Cred Forums? Debloat? Root? I've been wanting to root my Note 5 but I'm worried I'll brick it. What's some of the first shit to get rid of and install?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3-61FFoJFy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love my note vanilla though, took me about a week to decide if I should go with silver or gold. I went with silver and couldn't be more happy with it.

I hadn't recently been following phones but I loved my rooted note 2 but fucked it up in a freak puddle accident. Went to get a new Note and saw it had been recalled for being a grenade and was slightly out of budget so I went with 6 and adore it. I'm really wanting to root it too but I know nothing about Knox and I've read more horror stories than I'm usually comfortable with. Sorry for blogging.

Root + Custom ROM right after unboxing.

I refuse to use unrooted android because i can't do anything and the only decent stock ROM i experienced was the moto g 1st gen, every other phone i had was full of bloat and stupid shit.

Is there anything to worry about with Knox, bricking or permadamage?

Dunno about Knox, i don't buy Samsung phones.

Softbricking is possible but pretty rare if you follow the instructions to do what you want to do, even then restoring to stock usually fixes everything and then you can try again.

I don't even know if Permadamage or hardbricking is even possible nowadays, almost all "halp my phone is bricked" issues are fixable soft bricks.

you got a Note 6? that's amazing

You memeing nigga? There is no 6.

I heard something about Knox blowing a sort of fuse inside to cause hardware damage. Could be total bullshit or something different from Knox, unsure.

root, run script to remove as many shit bloaty apps i can while keeping the phone functional.

miss having custom roms.

You've heard of a hardware indicator that software has been flashed. A small fuse would blow the warranty one way, but not cause damage, kek.

Anyway, posting from a rooted Note 4. I don't use any custom roms because of the S pen and Camera. I also don't use Xposed. There are ways to unroot it but not to regain your warranty. Pic related will be greyed out. I can't perform OS updates unless I unroot it. That's about it, I can have all the other benefits.

I definitely don't recommend rooting the phones with non-removable batteries like Note 5 or 7, since Samsung is now garbage and you will need your warranty.

In the olden days, you could easily unroot your device and reset the flash counter with a USB Jig, not sure if that's the case anymore though.

so having a facebook app preinstalled makes your phone unusable? go get that autism checked by a doctor

Someone told me this but I haven't needed it yet.

Not him but:
youtu.be/3-61FFoJFy0

A previous generation iOS flagship works better than the current high end android flagahip. And that's coming from a guy that hates apple. But:
>Samsung add bloat
>Google add bloat
>Carrier add bloat
>You add bloat
>Everyone chip in and add some shit

And then they charge you premium prices for hardware that is only there to serve more adds. So it's not as simple as having Facebook, which by the way has nothing to do with either of the three and is purely placed there for botnet purposes or whatever private contract they've made. I don't use facebook, what then?

I'll never forget the moment I updated android from 4.4.4 to 5 and Facebook and I watched Facebook and Chrome install themselves along with othrt shit.

Fucking 3 browsers on my device if I want to use another one. THREE!!!

it does when you cant uninstall the shit app if you don't have root.

Root, flash Micro GApps, SuperSU, Xposed, Custom ROM and system host files for ad blocking. Install AdAway, MinMinGuard, UnbelovedHosts, AdBlocker.

>people still use supersu instead of phh

First thing I did with my Galaxy 2 was download an Iron Man wallpaper.

I'm curious about "rooting" but it sounds vaguely homosexual.

The last few android phones I have bought were Sony, so there was nothing to debloat.

Plus the launcher is pretty muh stock, so no need to change it.

Honestly I am pretty much happy with the Sony stock rom. Only thing I miss is proper adblocking, but I don't browse the web on my phone anyway.

First thing is to install Cyanogenmod.

I have never had to worry about bricking, personally, because TWRP seems to always have my back. If the ROM breaks down, there is always the recovery to fall back on.

If you're only concerned about ads during web browsing, use Mobile Firefox with ublock origin. No root required. The utility of AdAway is the ability to block in-app ads.

Cyanogenmod uses Koush's Superuser application, from which PHH's Superuser is derived. Both are acceptable. SuperSU is proprietary and gross.

>I'm curious about "rooting" but it sounds vaguely homosexual.

Root is Linux speak for "administrator". By default, Android phones are shipped without the ability to run applications as an administrator, because normies can't be trusted to not fuck anything up. This unfortunately means that many tasks normally capable to Linux or Windows by simply escalating the privileges of an application are simply unavailable to Android users who have not modified their phone. Rooting is merely the process of making that process available to the user. On most phones, the bootloaders are either easy to unlock, or can be unlocked with a tool available from the OEM, thus making it possible to root without needing to execute a security vulnerability on the phone. You simply flash the application from outside the context of a fully booted Android operating system. This can be contrasted to the iPhone's situation, where a jailbreak requires that the phone be insecure.

Check every settings and then install the app that I use.

post boipucci faggot

I'm on a lgg2, is there a rom that has the splitscreen and double tap to wake phone function?

Actually yes, it's unneeded bloat and spyware that most of the time you can't even disable let alone remove.

Same shit with all the other bloatware and lack of features.

I'd rather use iOS than unrooted Android.

Is Kingroot okay for rooting?

haha android fags

>Step 1 remove the entire os replace with poojeetmod 3.2.3.4.5.3 Beta 2 nightly
>Step 2 Find a functional keyboard app
>Step 3 Download 4 email programs, 6 music players, 3 sms programmes, and then jump between them trying to convince self that you are a beta tester and they all work... kinda
>Muh cusomizahuns including my little pony teheme and icon pack and a widget to tell me when the next episode airs
>Cred Forums app to show off my home scrren on /g and call apple people fags

>tfw poojeetmod 3.2.3.4.5.3 Beta 2 nightly works better than iOS and has a file explorer
kek

haha apple fags

>Step 1 be forced to use whatever your apple overlords give you
>...

>step 2 suck cocks

enjoy having to download webms to view them kek.

Also good luck saving a file from your email apps and then sending the file using another program :)

but at least iphones dont need rooting.
oh wait, thats what jailbreaking is.

this

>>Step 1 remove the entire os replace with poojeetmod 3.2.3.4.5.3 Beta 2 nightly

Still better then jailbreak with you phone so that you get file manager by installing chink malware.

>needing to root a phone to make calls, text, and browse the Internet

What, are you running the matrix on your smartphone? Come the fuck on. I figured most of you had computers