Have 6 hour ride

>have 6 hour ride
>use 4g data and Flus to torrent 2 movies from yify
>watch some on my super AMOLED 1440x2560 pixel 518 ppi screen
>oh no, that kills the battery
>bring out reserve from my bag
>instant 100%
>enjoy my ride

Now I want to upgrade but these newest flagships are cancer. iPhones won't let me torrent shit, why the fuck do they offer so much data with them I don't know. Maybe for Netflix that requires even MORE $$$. The new Samsung models are just downgrades. The screen on the note 7 is exactly the same (inb4 muh gorilla glass 5) and they took a feature that was there and removed it - the ability to change batteries.

Why are they trying so hard to copy Apple? Is the LG v20 my only option?

Other urls found in this thread:

rootupdate.com/2016/07/Name-of-samsung-devices-upgrading-to-nougat-70.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you downgrade from a Note 4 when it is still perfect?

If he emulates, the Snapdragom 820 can play some Gamecube games full speed while the 805 cannot.

That's the point. It's been two years and technology hasn't moved forward....

>yfw when it's been almost 3 years since the Note 4's release and it's still one of the best phones ever made

Apparently the Note 4 is on the list of devices that will get the Nougat update.

It looks like there is hope for my Note Edge as well then (almost identical hardware etc).
Mind you I got Marshmallow like two months ago, so it will probably be a long road before I get Nougat.

I fucking love my Note4 but the navigation bar has burnt in. Fucking Super Amoled.

There's no fix iirc but maybe my warranty will take care of it.

Better than the battery burning in :o)

Or the lg g5

Shouldn't have run with the brightness on full all the time.

>Is the LG v20 my only option
Its OUR only option, OP.
God save us all.

Will the Note 5 get the Nougat update? I am on T-Mobile.

cócóposte :o)

Note 4 is struggling with MM.

- Note 4 user

it's only just been two years scrub

>moving beyond kitkat
heh

Yes.

It's not too bad no my Note Edge. There are a few things which are slow, like the Application Manager, but that's about it.

Where is the evidence

>bootloops
>locked bootloader
>unstable roots
>no s-pen
>LCD
Nothing compares to the note 4. Nothing.

How so? Works just fine with mine, and I'm using stock ROM.

Don't you give me those iPhone arguments.

If I want to use a phone at full brightness all day every day, the display should withstand it.

However, I didn't.

>not removing the navigation bar for purely aesthetic reasons
Well eh. Also, you know it's a known problem. Don't let the bar idle too long. It's a technical limitation.

Don't fucking watch movies and drive Jesus Christ

>yfw when
>your face when when

>If I want to use a phone at full brightness all day every day, the display should withstand it.
All displays dislike that. It just affects different displays in different ways.
CRTs, Plasmas and OLEDs get burn in. TN and IPS get image persistence.

>CRTs, Plasmas and OLEDs get burn in
Reminded me of this.

Note 4 has reached eol though. Marshmallow is the last major update for it.

This site has Note 4 on the list of devices getting N.
rootupdate.com/2016/07/Name-of-samsung-devices-upgrading-to-nougat-70.html

note 4 has navigation bar?

Probably Youtube or browser.

>can charge phone in car
>job provides outlets
>situation that calls for heavy use you can carry a 20Ah battery bank

The only problem I've had with my note 4 is the battery. I'm about to buy a third replacement, because they die on me faster than you can say "removable battery".

I'll be damned if I don't still carry this thing around as a dedicated media player though after I upgrade. Screen is still scratchless too.

I've had the note 4 for about 2 years now, is there still no worthwhile upgrades?

I'm still doubtful about it. Samsung's update policy is to provide 2 major updates over 2 years and security updates up to 3 years after release. The note 4 started out with KitKat and ends at marshmallow.

In fact, the note 4 and s5 are stuck with the older TouchWiz framework unlike every low/mid budget/high-end phones released in 2015 and after.

Three aren't any upgrade options, but there are a variety of downgrades available.

>mfw i have Note 3 and it still is a pretty kickass phone

Fucking bless, no issues with it

I can live in hope.

I suppose that in a year or so if Nougat is looking very unlikely I will jump to CM. At that point there won't be much left on the Notes that the Official ROM offers over custom.

>torrenting in a phone.

how autistic you are? are you a virgin?

>iphone user detected
u jelly sun?

nope, i'm not poor.

Your notificatioin bar is not burned it, the rest of the screen is.
There's an app that can fix that. Take a screenshot and it inverts your colors. This will give you an image with the notification area being white and the rest of the screen black. Open the image, crank the brightness to 100% and leave it open overnight for 3 days. This will burn the notification are and make it blend in with the rest of the screen. Also, get a browser that supports full screen (hide bar).

>yes headphone jack

what are you going to do when the switched battery runs out?

> not enjoy your ride

anyone /note3/ here?

>torrenting on LTE

are you fucking dense?

i dont have any issues with using LTE as my main connection and i torrent over it too, i tether all the time

What rom tho?
I've tried Note 7 port but didn't like the UI changes, reverted to MultiX 320dpi KK after a week.

Right here.

>yify

HAHAHA SPOTTED THE FUCKING PLEB

Kek