I literally can't think of one good reason not to run linux on a laptop

I literally can't think of one good reason not to run linux on a laptop

Also desktop thread please

just remember to use TLP

Here's my desktop OP
on my thinkpad t420

your waifu is a trash

Looks alright but those fonts look like shit.

Linux distros can't run on dual graphics laptops

Fuck, man, I also have a T420 and mourn the fact that it doesn't have a 1080p screen. I'm sad.

Except that's wrong, pal.

i love my T420
worth the hype

My work laptop has a 1080p screen and my eyes just bleed when I look at the T420, man, it's just heartbreaking. Saw some posts on how to manually change the screen, but fuck..

Shouldn't be this hard.

fuccin hell. tried setting up bumblebee but something went wrong. Also it keeps freezing when i use the laptop.
Fedora 24 here

>Fedora 24 here

Well, you know now what to do pal.

Here's your one liner to get everything working in Arch:

sudo pacman -S mesa mesa-libgl nvidia xf86-video-intel bumblebee lib32-virtualgl lib32-nvidia-utils lib32-mesa-libgl && sudo gpasswd -a $USER && sudo systemctl enable bumblebeed.service && reboot

Small correction, forgot the name of the group in the gpasswd section, it's:

sudo gpasswd -a $USER bumblebee

Bummer, i love Fedora
I think arch might be too advanced for me (the installation process). Is Manjaro a good alternative?

here you go, OP. are these threads still being cleaned up? Also anyone got a quick guide to configuring GNOME color schemes? A gui editor would be nice :)

also complimentary scrot :)

Pls respond. I want to do this right now if possible

I *do* run Linux on my laptop. Mint is really convenient, I've had it on here for a while.

No it's easy just follow the beginners guide you can't fuck it up. It will take you maybe half a day if you've never done it before and arn't that familiar with linux. Obviously make sure you have another device to troubleshoot with.

If those specs on a laptop that's insane.

thank you senpai

linux will never look this good

How do you get this terminal skin ?