How many laptops do you own, Cred Forums?

how many laptops do you own, Cred Forums?

1. It doesn't even have a bootable operating system on it at the moment.

1. It's broken!

do netbooks count?

6 atm, I'm planning to sell 2.

2 macbooks and a shitty hp probook

1 why do you need more

I have only an MSI GE62. I'm going to buy an Asus G752.

3 of which are reasonably modern and the other 5 are 90s shittops.

what if your main laptop breaks?

3. A gen 1 Lenovo netbook, some Vaio laptop and an Acer laptop. The first one sold it to a classmate, the second one gave it to my mother and the third one is my current one, which i kinda regret owning.

I very rarely use my laptop.

Forgot to add: the lenovo netbook had XP. the Vaio had windows 7, but i put xfce-flavored ubuntu on it, and the acer has currently 8.1. Wanted to install Fedora on it, but it doesn't seem to like it

2 thinkpads and 2 macbooks

Ah, you don't go outside..

>2 shitty fagbooks to sell my butthole on craigslist and browse 9gag and one HP probook.

Fixed that for you

I own a Microsoft Surface 4 Pro - happy with it

2, one of which is dead

Two thinkpads

please elaborate

1 gaymen laptop (dont buy these ever)
1 memebook air
1 netbook
1 work laptop
and 6 other various laptops

Jesus when did I get this many, fuck

1. Dell XPS 13
I sell my old laptops, which is a benefit of buying fairly high-end ones: they retain pretty good resale value.

1. Dell XPS 13
Why would I need any other?

I don't have one since I don't need one lol

Nice glasses, but be careful. That mouse looks so gay it makes the glasses look gay.

a portable chalkboard works just as well, right?

Asus UX31A and a shitty Asus 900AX I don't use.

Like 4-5?
Only one of them (T420) is in active use though. I keep the others around so I have hardware to mess around with without consequences.

finally someone who gets it

You should sell it any buy a macbook, I think you'll like it :)

mmm that gateway FX laptop. that was my first "gaming" rig. pretty damn good laptop.

0 because im not a faggot that sits around at random places in town to do "work".

I used to have also a small netbook, but the old age + aftermarket AC adapter (the original broke) combo made the charging capacitor explode. God, that smell.

I got it cheap as fuck. It was a powerful machine but that CPU fan is a nightmare. Turns on at 46C then turns off at 45C. Over and over and over and over

1 asus eeepc with a dead bios battery and a clean win 7 install. I should probably just throw out

1 HP i3 16gb ram with a dead Q A and Z key - replaced the keyboard its still fucked. I should probbaly throw it away.

1 2012 Macbook pro, use it every day. Great machine.

Two
ThinkPad T430
Asus T100TA

One and i don't even use it that much.
Laptops are trash to be quite honest.

i have two desktops with Linux (without systemD) and one laptop with windows 7 on it, but the laptop has a clean install and it never gets to go online because i dont trust windows and i especially dont trust microsoft i dont want those goons messing with my laptop because i have a SDR (software defined radio) connected to it and i dont want anything changed on it unless it is me doing the changing

>all this autism

>me again
this is what i am running on my laptop, if Linux had some good SDR software i would not even have windows, its the only reason i have windows at all

I'm looking for a good laptop to travel with, what would you guys recommend?

So what do you do with this?

It's 7 years old with a 2.67ghz core two duo and 4 GB DDR2. I use it once in a while but not much.

Just one. x200s

listen to radio, i was listening to a pirate station last night, they had a strong signal but the audio was terrible, i also like to listen to ham radio, maritime (ships at sea) usually fishing boats is also sometimes interesting, i dont care much for shortware broadcast because it is mostly religious nuts blathering their religious horseshit

Making a coil on a adapter? House fire when?

I have an amilo 17"

it's like a tank with a keyboard slapped on it

Probooks are fine, excellent build quality and not gay as macbooks

Let's see
>really old broken compaq
>a Dell latitude I stole from high school they didn't care about because they got chromebooks
>my main machine now is am X220T

Everything just werks.

Thinkpad sl510, looking for an HP elitebook 8470p, I have a netbook (packardbell) I used as a home server/media center but the charger broke and never bought another one

>Acer Aspire One 521 Netbook, 4gig ram added, 1040x600 screen, Xubuntu
>Thinkpad T420, shit screen, f-ing meme, Arch
>Acer Aspire V5, windows 7/manjaro dualboot, worklaptop

Toughbook CF-53
Toughbook CF-30
Dell Inspiron from 2001
Powerbook 520c
Powerbook G3 PDQ
Powerbook G3 Pismo
Powerbook G4 Al 1.5
Spartan from 2000
CTX EzBook 700E
CTX EzBook 700
HP Compaq nc6320
Toughbook CF-47
HP Compaq from 2004
Some 1998 compaq

I have several more that don't work.

Peti bazdmeg :D

I own 4:
-t420 with Nvidia card
-x1 hybrid
-two netbooks

None, but I just got an updated work laptop from my company that's pretty nice. Dell Inspiron E7470

i7-6700U
8GB DDR4
256GB M2 SSD
1440p touch screen

zero

my job doesn't require me to have software on the move and anything like replying to an email, msg or phonecall, I'd do via my phone

if I'm out and about for pleasure and not business, then I'm probably with other people and even then the last thing I want to do is be behind a screen when that's mostly what I do at home already

Oops, actually it's a Latitude not Inspiron and it's an i7-6600U

ThinkPad T420
ThinkPad X61t
ThinkPad G40
Lenovo G50-80
PowerBook G4 550 Gigabit
iBook G4 1.33 Mid 2005

First one was a fujitsu siemens esprimo v5535 with the most crap video card in the universe (sis mirage 3) on which i started to play world of warcraft wrath of the lich king with all details on low even the resolution and was allmost unplayable with max 20fps.

Second was some asus f5vl with a dedicated ati x2300 video card and a [email protected], the card died from overheating/bad soldering on the motherboard and i throw it away (kept the ram, wifi card and the hdd)

Third one which still works is a toshiba a300d-16q with amd turion x2 @2.1ghz and ati 3650, the sound is great on it but the performance kinda slow for 2016 things (this model was from the windows vista times also like that dead asus above) bechause of that processor that generates more heat than performance. But at least it tries to offer 60fps in pre pandaria wow and hearthstone on low details with max display resolution.

And the 4'th one is a lenovo b590 with i3 ivy and a gt720m, can handle csgo and dota2 very well but that videocard also gets too hot (80-90c) and i'm afraid some day will die just like the one on that old asus. But at least it have the integrated graphics from the processor and i can still use it after that but not for csgo or dota anymore.

why not get a desktop and stop playing video games on a damn laptop

Not him, but portability is always a plus. Some people wants their vidya anywhere, and there's also people who don't live in big places and wants to optimize their space so a laptop is much more appealing than a big box + screen + keyboard and mouse I would not use a laptop for gaming tho, the whole machine gets punished hard when you play games on it.

1 Macbook pro on OSX
1 Thinkpad T410 on Ubuntu
1 HP Pavillion on Mint

One working thinkpad and 5 dead asus shitboxes

MBP
X220
T42

Late 2011 MBP
IBM Thinkpad T43
Lenovo Thinkpad T410

thinkpad T61p, dead
thinkpad x61s, works. almost 10 yrs old!
alienware 15 to replace T61p. with gtx980m
macbook

2, a low end Toshiba for college, and a gaymen laptop for when I need to 360 no-scope on the go.

in purchase order

thinkpad t60
ux31a
surface pro 3
mbp

Zero.

3, getting more soon

1. a t61 that's running pretty shit, looking for a replacement/upgrade right now

Then I buy a new one of course.

Around 10

i'm not a retard who feels the need to hoard useless outdated PC's, i own 2 decent laptops. Latitude E6540 and a Precision 3510

The adapter is designed to wind the cable around it.

Dumb Maki poster

that's not the point, we all know premium PC manufacturers care much more about product aesthetics than common sense stuff like burning your fucking house down.

1, why would I ever have more?

i have so many because i am a genius when it comes to asset management :)

are you saying you would prefer NOT to have a couple of precisions for free ?

Thinkpads, T42, R52, R30, G40, X40, 380ED
And a Chromebook CR-48, and some 15.6" Inspiron I can't remember the actual model name of

Okay do you have a source for house fires from laptop chargers? If possible one involving a Dell charger.

Theres no reason to have more than 2. 1 linux laptop and maybe 1 mac. Your main pc with windows for gaming.

you could sell all this shit except one and buy yourself a girlfriend for that money

>Theres no reason to have more than 2
But that's wrong.

I mean use more than 2. If you buy another with better specs or something and use that yea. The other will just get dusty somewhere.

Still wrong.

>having a dedicated desk and deskptop and peripherals solely for playing video games
>not running linux fulltime and having windows in vm through gpu passthrough
Christ, you people never get less pathetic.

A macbook air i got as a gift and an old HP that cant hold a charge.

I might look into getting another laptop at some point. Preferable one where I don't have to worry about the battery too much. The mac is good with that.

Some old Gateway laptop
eMate 300
A few old Inspirons
two 12" PowerBook G4s
12" iBook G4
Latitude XT2
Cr-48
IdeaPad S10

8. 2 HP, 3 Dell (1 is a old XPS), 1 IBM Thinkpad, 1 80s era macintosh, and don't remember last.

0, never really needed one. Kinda want one for comfy shitposting in bed though

get a cheap netbook

My main i7+16gb ram+ gtx850m
An i3 running linux for sensitive stuff..
sony from 2003(celeron + 512 mb ram), some keys dont work, not sure whats the cause, one it just stopped working
Dell latitude,i think pentium d with 512 ram, spilled coke on it so wifi dont work and it likes to reboot randomly.

Really I dont need the old shit but I dont even know what to do with it? Recycle or just throw in the bin?

Id probably get something with a decent processor and thunderbolt so if the external gpu things ever get cheap I can just throw in my old 7850 and play gaymes in bed

2, just recently got a dell inspiron 15 7559 to replace my last Acer shitbox.

I had a lenovo y400 but I gave it to my brother, and gave my older asus (cant remember model name) to my sister. Also had an old Acer 6000-something that I gave to my mom when hers' crapped out.

Nice, but I heard there was an issue with autobrighness ir autocontrast or something like that on dell xps, have they fixed it?

I considering dell xps or thinkpad with oled screen for my next laptop. Havent decided yet.

what acer?

I have over 40 laptops right now, I bought them at $10/each from someone who got them from a business. I'm now reselling them on Craigslist/eBay

first gen Razer Blade Stealth
latest gen 13inch MBA
latest gen 15inch MBP
2nd gen Thinkpad X1 Carbon
Alienware 17r3
Surface Pro 4 (not really a laptop, but close enough)

Im about to sell most of these as I only use a few of them.

which ones are you selling for how much?

>he keeps old laps instead of selling them to tech moronic hipsters and buy new ones
wew

>he sells his old machines
wew

samsung qx411-w02ub
had this thing since 2012. Upgraded the harddrive to an ssd. Can't play games on it. Not even League of Legends but idc. It's light and small and all aluminum body is great for taking notes in class.