Solar roadways

they really did it: sandpointidaho.gov/visiting-sandpoint/solar-roadways

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6-ZSXB3KDF0
youtu.be/ocV-RnVQdcs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>americans are really this stupid

>Heating technology built into the panels creates a virtually maintenance-free surface
>virtually maintenance-free

>solar panels
>made of glass
>with people walking on them
>virtually maintenance-free

I bet that's what they said about american “roads” too

SOLAR
FUCKING
ROADWAYS

most expensive road on the planet and will stop working in under a year. If not in the first month.
Get fucked.

>they're not even on the road

>Funding for this project was provided by the State of Idaho Department of Commerce and the Sandpoint Urban Renewal Agency.

Proof that anything, no matter how retarded, can happen so long as enough stupid millenials and housemoms reblog and moan on about it.

it would literally be cheaper just to build a roof over a road and cover it with panels

this

You're forgetting
>SOLAR
>FREAKING
>ROADWAYS

The absolute madmen

>wanting to build a road out of fragile inneficient hexagons

You can't trust cagers with not crashing and destroying the whole thing

>interactive capability to allow site visitors to change the LED programming
Cool so it'll be a giant glowing LED penis at all times.

and they'd be far used far more efficiently

some place with smart people already do that, even

>idaho
Give the rest of us living in states whose human population actually outnumbers the cow population a little credit. If you've never been through idaho, its like a borderline post apocalyptic wasteland where, no joke, one of the most exciting events of the year is when kids get school off to help with the great potatoe harvest. Im frankly amazed idaho of all places managed to beat some far left nanny state like california or Oregon to the punch, especially considering most of it inhabitants are probably just now learning how to post dirty pictures over the idiot box to farmersmeet.com.

t. Someone with family living in idaho.

??????????????

>mfw europe can't catch up

S O L A R
O
L
A
R

R O A D
O
A
D

W A Y S
A
Y
S

Forgot the non solar options' checks for "doesn't cost millions of dollars"

>generates energy
very little
>intelligent
why
>LED lights
why
>snow/ice free
literally impossible
>impervious to potholes
glass is a shit surface for a road
one rock in a semi's tire would fuck it all up
>protect animals
how
>modular for faster maintenance
lies
>no paint
paint is a stupidly easy thing to apply
>aesthetic benefits
hexagon roads do seem neat
>has ROI
it'd be cheaper to make a road out of actual money
>energy independence
solar is the shittiest alternative energy
>charge EV's
you would need kilometers of road for just 1 EV
>water can be stored
how and why would you do that in a road
>home for cables and wires
what are conduits
>emergency warning system

they would probably work fine for foot paths
we have tons of those already
>expandable technology package
now thats just memes

>Water can be stored treated or removed

WTF does that even mean?

>one of the most exciting events of the year is when kids get school off to help with the great potatoe harvest

We use eastern Europeans for that over here.
They're super cheap, but actually still make more than in their own shitholes, so they pretty much throw themselves at jobs like this.

>Intelligent

the creators have yet to discover "gutters"

Wake up grandpa. The Internet Of Things is taking over and theres nothing you can do to stop it. Stay mad while I download an app and instantly check the road conditions.

So they made a small courtyard out of this stuff? This just did it for the media attention, it's not practical for real use. They are also hoping to lure in the company to make a plant there.

not in the US, with the endless drunk driving and truck accidents.

they can try it out and drive with huge trucks over it! its on a small courtyard where trucks can drive over! oh. i see...

You guys do realize that the picture shows the ENTIRE surface in question? Very small... Just a test...

But then you wouldn't have Tron-like imagery on the roads, that you'll definitely be able to see during the day !

It's just a prank bro

There was already a bike path in The Netherlands that was made of solar panels. Pretty sure that one broke pretty fast already though.

>AESTHETIC BENEFITS

my sides are in orbit

they are literally trying to sell this shit because it's pretty

youtube.com/watch?v=6-ZSXB3KDF0

tldw; 50% as effective as cheaper panels on rooftops. Didn't stop pop science journalists to herald it as a success, and proof that we should replace every road in the entire world with a solar fucking roadway.

I live in sandpoint and have met the guy who came up with the idea and has executed whats been done so far, the small test installation is frankly disappoint because of how they joined the tiles together (not how they'll do it if it actually takes off.) I think this solar road way tech could be a huge and super useful thing, but it definitely needs work. If you guys want any specific pictures or info I can stop by the installation later today

not a Cred Forumsack, but popsci journalists should be gassed

>Idaho
well that explains it

Take pictures with your dick out.

And you'd have the value-add of the roof repelling rain and snow, Improving road safety even in poor weather conditions!

Whoever decided that this was a good use of taxpayer money should be fired tbqh pbuh.

agreed with everything execpt solar being the shittiest energy,

when applied in ways that aren't retarded, even home units have a ROI of

the problem with solar, like every other renewable energy, is that it's nature-dependent, and doesn't work well as your main grid power, though it does provide a good supplement to it

Compared to people who fund them? Sure.

>impervious to potholes

This. It's a publicity stunt, nothing more, nothing less. I had never heard of this place before now and I doubt anyone else has. If one is a solar roadways proponent, it would make sense to pop by this two bit town to check it out if one is in the general area.

Fucking kys. Why is my generation so fucking retarded? We could have solved the global energy crisis using nuclear, but we are so fucking retarded people throw money at this retarded shit.

youtu.be/ocV-RnVQdcs

All of this with the added bonus that shitshkins chimping out will be drawn to destroying them with a frequency directly corresponding with proximity.

regular solar panels are like only 20% efficient. If reduce that down to 10% why even bother?

>provides a "home" for cables, wires
This means something I don't understand... right...guys?

Solar panels can be up to 40%-50% efficient

And soon we'll have an example of why not to do.

Those are only put on sattelites because they are too expensive.

THUNDERFOOT ON SUICIDE WATCH

HAD TO TURN IN HIS SHOE LACES AND BELT

It means easily maintainable underground cables instead of pouring concrete over them (which nobody would do anyway?)

they pour concrete over our cables here

I bet that chump thought his precious gubbament would never fall for the solar roadways meme.

But does it glow in the dark?

stupid frizzy haired faggot actually thought the government would exercise some restraint or good judgement in how they spend tax dollars

I laugh at him

A S T H E T I C
S
T
H
E
T
I
C

I can't wait to have decaying solar roadways everywhere waiting on the 400 year ROI.

inb4

Not to mention Idaho winters

I can't imagine this flying in Canada where the roads are fucked every single winter by the massive snow and ice.

why waste money on making solar roads when you could use that same money to cover the roof of every suburban runtbox with solar panels instead?

>he thinks the entire state is the east of the state
t. Someone who actually lives there

why be smart when you can be stupid and get paid for it?

Just put it on your fucking roofs, you quintuple niggers.

Will there be speakers along the road playing vaporwave?

Does this works like to at least power up my PC 24/7?

Why not put them in a state that has more total sunshine hours?

Because those subhuman states have their balls in an Exxon vice.

>cagers
tricycle babby detected

SOLAR
FUCKING
TUNNELS

I hate memes.

>24/7
Doubt it

EUROFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH AFTER BEING COMPLETELY DECIMATED