Google Pixel Phone is $649

Really? Do they think it's going to be successful at this price?

It's even more expensive than an iPhone.

Dead on arrival.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/nexus5x/comments/49jwbs/ota_update_for_nexus_5x/
copperhead.co/blog/2016/02/08/beta
store.google.com/?srp=/product/nexus_6p
xda-developers.com/huawei-allegedly-declined-to-manufacture-the-2016-pixel-phones/
anandtech.com/show/10616/qualcomm-details-snapdragon-821-clocks-efficiency-and-ip
youtube.com/watch?v=3-61FFoJFy0
youtube.com/watch?v=k_PK_6F_Bhk
oneplus.net/be_nl/oneplus-3
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8346&idPhone3=0&sSearch2=xiaomi mi5s&idPhone2=7260
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like I'm upgrading from a 5X to a 6P in a few months then.

>Network discount
>Botnet coupon
>Deep tracking rebate
>Survey credits

It's like you've never heard of google

>Moving to a different phone on the same timeline and family
>Upgrading

Lol

It's a slight upgrade if you don't mind xbox hueg phones

>Still on n4
>Holding out for this release
>649
Fuck, guess I'll by a open box n5x for 250

Seriously the 5X seems like a way better deal.

Does Google even understand what their market was?

I guess they're trying to appeal to the Apple crowd, but the Apple crowd already has fucking iPhones.

supposedly the best camera in the phone ever
plus unlimited storage
so yeah, its ok price
not for me, but its not some outrageous thing

>It's even more expensive than an iPhone.

What?

> Do they think it's going to be successful at this price?
Probably? If anyone would know what a decent number of normies will pay for, it's Google.

Note they don't really need more market share, they can just make money from the "high end" now.

> It's even more expensive than an iPhone.
Seems cheaper to me, but I guess there's some Applel regional pricing at work.

> Dead on arrival.
Not really. People who were gonna buy Chinkphones like me weren't interested either way... and normies may want the bragging rights.

For some reason I thought iPhone was $599, maybe that was their old price.

Anyway it's the same damn price as an iPhone.

What was that band that the guy going to a restaurant wanted to go to a concert?

That's kind of the point. The Android crowd doesn't have iPhones. The closest we've had is the Nexus line, but Samsung really hijacked Google's efforts and they don't give two fucks about your device unless you're on the current year's model. It also doesn't help that Samsung cares more about their relationship with carriers than they care about the user experience.

Google's finally trying to address it, but I don't have enough confidence in them to recommend this device to anybody unless reviews come out saying it's anything less than the greatest Android phone ever. I've been recommending iPhones for the past three years just because I'm so fucking done with Google half-assing everything they do.

> Anyway it's the same damn price as an iPhone.
Almost. And it's probably the better phone.

They probably aren't aiming to reach an equal number of deranged fanboys either (Google knows THEY have competition and it'll be old shit in half a year to a year). So I guess they'll do fine with the volume they intend to sell...?

I desperate need a competent, well-supported 5" device. I'd buy it if it drops to 350$.

If it comes with at least 4 years of updates I dont mind this price

>The Android crowd doesn't have iPhones

Do they want iPhones? The reason I use Android is because it's usable and priced reasonably. I use Nexus because it's stable and secure. This new phone fails to appeal to the Nexus market.

the lumineers very successful with rich white people from califorina

Get a Xiaomi for $180.

Then the next one once you feel like it.

>a competent, well-supported 5" device

Get a Nexus 5X

>I use Nexus because it's stable and secure

That's the wrong way of thinking. Users don't care about 'system stability', they care about service stability. They can not fucking deal with Google's "Yeah for SMS Use Messenger. No wait use Hangouts. Actually we made Messenger better again. Now we removed SMS from Hangouts so you have to use Messenger. Oh wait, check Allo out. No, it still doesn't do seamless SMS-to-IM functionality. Maybe we'll make a new app that can do that next year" bullshit.

If you're constantly changing your power-user apps, it's not a stable environment. Users want phones that "Just work", and a consistent experience going between devices. An ecosystem where something as critical as a web browser changes between "Chrome, Internet Browser, S-Browser, LG HappyBrowse" crap depending on what phone you're using is not at all a 'stable' situation.

If Google really wanted to be ballsy, they'd talk about how the Pixel is better than the Galaxy series devices, and advertise on cable TV attacking every Android manufacturer on how the Pixel is better. Framing it as "Ok the last few years letting companies do whatever they want have been fun but we're done. This is Android. Full stop. Everything else is a knockoff."

I guarantee they won't do this, and why the Pixel will not gain any serious marketshare.

>Users don't care about 'system stability', they care about service stability.

Users? You mean tech illiterates.

Yes tech illiterate people want something that "just works" and that's what iPhones are for.

Nexus appealed to techies and that's why it was so great.

Nexus hasn't appealed to techies since the Galaxy Nexus came out. They've been chink-tier Google Cloud phones ever since.

If you want to use Android and you want a device that is stable and secure, there's nothing better than a Nexus. They get monthly updates now which makes them even better than iPhones in that regard.

>unlimited storage
most likely only the shit you take with your phone.

I already own a Xiaomi. There's a reason why I said well-supported. Other than the RN3P which has been a huge hit in Pajeetland, they all lose developer support after a couple of months.

Overheats and bootloops. Plus, it's still a tiny too bit too big.

>Overheats and bootloops.

Never happened to me.

>Plus, it's still a tiny too bit too big.

Agree with you there. The one thing going for the new Pixel is it's 5 inches right on the dot.

Was thinking about getting the pixel before the keynote but now I'm thinking of just going with the Nexus 6p. I was hoping for something better and a bit cheaper.

new major Android releases are not stable, just read the changelogs.

The pixel was probly not designed to be sold, just to mock apple users.
>3.5mm jack (feature)

I fucking hate HTC so much god damn it. I wish Huawei built the phones again.

I haven't found a single slide with the official name of the big model.

Is the Pixel XL name official?

Nexus 6p will have the same fate as Nexus 6 and will not get major Android updates fast after there's a newer phone.
You can already see it with Google Assistant.

>5.5" Display +$120.00
How much longer will the Nexus 6 stay being a nice, huge phone?

>store.google.com

>break nexus 5 last month
>cop a nexus 6 for $170 on eBay

Who cares? Buying new phones is a fucking meme. These things don't do anything that even a $50 Blu can't do, minus camera quality.

>people unironically buying that 5x laggy low battery piece of shit

buy an OP3 and be done with it.

As long as the USB port works on N6s. The durability of the port is probably the biggest failure of the n6

Yes it's Pixel XL

Literally none of their products are priced to sell.
>$129 TPLink wifi router

Nexus 5x was fixed after 6 months:
reddit.com/r/nexus5x/comments/49jwbs/ota_update_for_nexus_5x/

Oneplus already showed that they can't be trusted with upates - same as any other OEM.

I know. What ever happened to the HTC Nexus? Is that thing still coming or what?

just get a OP3, decent software support and near stock android

Seriously it's like Google decided to go full Apple. Overpriced garbage.

>$649
>Google makes that much money selling your data.

>759€ - 1010€ in Germany
what. the. actual. fuck.
>this equals 2 weeks of my working time, aka. 80hours of work to get a shit-posting-device.

>Google still hasn't bought Cyanogenmod and just had them keep every single phone up to date with the latest software on a daily basis

Fucking retards.

>Oneplus already showed that they can't be trusted with upates - same as any other OEM.

This. The reason to get a Nexus is monthly updates, it's great.

That link redirects me to the Belgian store, where it isn't available yet.

Cyanogenmod is shit:
>CyanogenMod was originally chosen as the basis for CopperheadOS to leverage the broad hardware support. However, it proved to be the antithesis of the project’s goals and it has lackluster support for devices outside of the Nexus line. CyanogenMod is a testing ground for new features and is perpetually broken in all kinds of new and exciting ways. It lacks a focus on security and AOSP has much better code review and higher standards for code quality. Support for devices outside of the Nexus line tends to be quite broken with no guarantees of continued support and the lack of monthly security updates from the vendors is a dealbreaker due to device specific proprietary components. The drastic changes and broad device support in CyanogenMod also hold back new version upgrades for months.
copperhead.co/blog/2016/02/08/beta

I just don't get it, I thought about buying it for 850€ but this is just insane

to answer your question

But it won't. And the iphone will still be worth a substantial amount when you go to sell it in 2-3 years.

> how to make people stop buying phones and kill Android

the entire smartphone market is about planned obsolescence.

I don't know why, but in recent updates, I've had MAJOR problems with CM. Videos/WebM's not loading and Snapchat completely crashing the phone. I don't know what it is, but I tried other ROM's and the same was true with them. I had to revert to stock just to use my phone properly.

Thx senpai

also
>+120 pounds for the XL version
KEK

I hope you intended to say 650€

I wanted this phone so bad but the fucking price on the 5.5 inch 128gb version is insane.

WTH you're talking about.
The 5X is still a mediocre phone. It's slower than the Huawei P9L and the battery dies way too quickly. The camera is great but that's it.

The OP3 is getting updates every month and , honestly, with the state Android is in - it reached maturity, people don't even want Android 7 as it doesn't really offer anything too interesting. It's not the days of Android KitKat anymore where the difference between getting the updates or not getting them is day and night.

Do they do Black Friday sales?

The base model is $763 in the UK. I'm not paying that.

Strong rationalizations for a phone that doesn't get updates like a Nexus

The OP3 is less than half the price of a nexus. It could not get any updates and you'd still be ahead after two years when the Nexus stops getting its updates.

holy fuck six hundred GBP? that's 775$. what the fuck.

where the fuck are you?
Nexus 5x is cheaper than a OP3.

Yeah, you can buy one here

store.google.com/?srp=/product/nexus_6p

:^)

Uhh are you stupid?

OP3 is $399 and Nexus 5X is $299

Do they have some kind of IP53 certification?

He's comparing it to the Pixel, since they have PRETTY MUCH THE SAME HARDWARE.

Plus if you'r really that anal about updates, which again the OP3 is getting every month and the OPX is getting again after a hiatus, you can slap Cyanogen on it with 0 hassle since it was the "cyanogen phone" in the past.

>He's comparing it to the Pixel

No he literally said Nexus

>google trying THIS HARD to copy the iPhone
So I'm assuming they put some extra security to thwart rooting and ROMing attempts, r-right? 'Cause this clearly isn't a Nexus anymore.

It's the "or $27/month" part that's significant.

Either carriers or Google themselves will sell it on a multi-year installment plan. Those are still around, even though long contracts are much less popular these days. It also raises the possibility of charging significantly more than $649 for the phone. 27*24 (two years) is 648, but you could easily price it at 35 a month, or 840 bucks all told. $650 in one go is a lot of money to the average consumer, $27-35 a month is something they'll sign up for pretty easily without much of a second thought.

For the price it's missing loads of features that other Android flagships have (water resistance, SD, removable battery, etc) and gets absolutely shit on by the iPhone in performance. All of it's special features are software that is either already available or will be available on everything else the second it releases.

I'm just not sure why I would choose this over the competition. It looks like a solid phone but they priced it into a tier where it comes up short in so many areas.

>iPhone-price for Android-software-support
KEK

>other Android flagships have (water resistance, SD, removable battery, etc)
there's no single android flagship that has all of those features

>gets absolutely shit on by the iPhone in performance

Source?

Galaxy Detonate 7

>Samsung Galaxy S5

nope, if the battery was removable that whole recall would have been a lot easier.

>1000€ here in Europe

ONE THOUSAND

Ahahahahaha

no removable battery or else they wouldn't have that recall-clusterfuck.

It has a proprietary rom like touchjizz on top of aosp. There's no way it's gonna be quicker than even a 6p

That's just your opinion, as far as I know there are no benchmarks for the Pixel

Look up 820 vs A9 benchmarks. The 820 gets dumpstered by last year's A9 and the A10 is a 40% bump over that. Qualcomm's own literature claims the 821 is a 5-10% improvement over the 820.

As far as SoCs go Apple is so far ahead of everyone it's sad.

>HTC

Tryhardwannabe exclusive premium brand that has been failing for years now.

>{CURRENT_YEAR}
>buying a phone for more than 300 dolaridoos

SHIGGY DIGGY

xda-developers.com/huawei-allegedly-declined-to-manufacture-the-2016-pixel-phones/

>huge bezel
>still no fingerprint reader on the front

>thicker at the top than the bottom
can't wait for slipped phones due to that imbalance.

Fingerprint reader on the back is much better, I've tried both

smartphones are portable computers now and obv can cost as much.
skimping on things that use ~3h/day just shows that you are poor.

>wanting the botnet to have your fingerprints

>vehicle A has wheels attached directly to the engine by a drivetrain
>Vehicle B has wheels attached to a drivetrain attached to solar panels. They collect energy from a lightbulb, which is powered by the same engine as vehicle A.
>Vehicle B is going to be ineffecient and run slower
>Opinion

I know, we both wanted google to show up apple, to save this gen of phones. They dropped the ball, it's time to let go.

But we have loads and loads of 820 benchmarks and the 821 is only a tiny improvement over that.

anandtech.com/show/10616/qualcomm-details-snapdragon-821-clocks-efficiency-and-ip

fingerprint on front would make it like an exact copy of an iPhone.

>using the phone for anything other than communication

Ebin :-D

No, not at all.
Front means you can unlock it while it's laying on the table.

Well, that's one thing iPhones are good at.

>HTC

Did you know that Google actually wanted Huawei to make their new phones, but they declined?

HTC is 2nd choice by Google, and you can see why.
These products are laughable.

Tbh those cross-device benchmarks are made of fairy magic. In real comparisons the iOS devices have been shat upon regularly, the performance difference isn't even up for debate anymore.

what's the use-case for all that raw-power except games?

LG had the best google phones :(

youtube.com/watch?v=3-61FFoJFy0

Keep in mind that the A10 is 40% faster than the SoC in the 6s.

youtube.com/watch?v=k_PK_6F_Bhk

Pixlel is made by HTC. Huawei refused to make it since they weren't allowed to call it a huawei phone.

>1080p
>no mSD
>battery non-removable
>not waterproof
>six hundred and forty nine US dollars

I wish the ring had been taken from me
I wish none of this had ever happened

The real question is: by how much will the price drop by October 2017?

>Front means you can unlock it while it's laying on the table
Why would that use case be important to anyone?

>October 2017
try Christmas 2016.
this will flop harder than the N6.

those un-scientific speed tests are even worse than benchmarks and still don't resample real usage.

earlier, I can't see people buying this. I understand that people are willing to pay that much for the iphone but not for an android.

Holy shit it's a 6s but way uglier, how can google drones buy this shit

Don't you guys buy it with a 2-year phone contract? You get it typically for less than half of the official price. Or do phone companies not offer that type of deal in other countries?
I just buy a new flagship phone every 2 year for relatively cheap

I'll probably buy a pixel in 2 years when it costs ~$200. There is nothing that this phone would allow me to do that I can't do on my Nexus 5x.

Having a phone that is a decent VR video viewer is interesting, but not worth $650.

I actually think the design looks very nice

It's miles better than the 6P

Galaxy S7 is already 50% off after 6 months and that's the most premium android phone to date.
don't expect the resale value of an iphone, which easily let's you always get the nest one for $100 more.

I hope you realize you are actually paying more for it when you buy it with a contract. It's all built into your monthly subscriber fee. You often end up paying $100-$200 more over time, so the phone becomes $849 in reality.

Try to find a single comparison of the 820 beating the A10 or even the A9.

It just doesn't. Apple's SoCs are objectively superior in every metric.

Implying the 6P is ugly? Shit's premium.

>Don't you guys buy it with a 2-year phone contract? You get it typically for less than half of the official price.
holy shit, there really are people who fall for the "subsidy"-scam?
fuck.

The 6P is quite ugly IMO. That Robocop band at the top kills it.

Not good enough for that price tag, chink shit has better design than that Gshit for half the price

>Having a phone that is a decent VR video viewer
It's not. 1080p is shit for VR. It's the only downside of the OP3, that costs nearly half that.

A good VR screen would have to be 4k, QHD is already just barely decent.

Wait for 4k phones, so probably the OnePlus4, if you want a serious VR experience.

Because everyone puts their phone down at one time or another. Only ones who get it right are OnePlus, HTC, Sony, Apple and Samsung.

TOP KEK
O
P

K
E
K

IT'S FUCKING PLASTIC HOW CAN IT FEEL ""PREMIUM"" WHAT THE FUCK

Wow, just wow.

Android needs to get it's shit together.

Mate, I would have the exact same contract with a new phone or without it. The only downside is that I can't cancel at any time, but that contract costs exactly the same if you get a phone or not...

When you pick up the phone to use it though it is way more convenient to have the fingerprint reader on the back

>only downside of the OP3
Well that, and it having virtually no support and not running Android.

It does have a microsd slot but it's still garbage regardless especially compared to the Axon 7.

why aren't you comparing the 5.5 inch pixel with the axon? That one would be more fitting desu senpai.

VR experience on a phone ok fuck you Cred Forums i'm out

Your thumb is always on the front, no?

That's meme magic that doesn't make it true, though.
It's android and it gets supported every month, it's also the fastest android device on the market when it comes to day-to-day usage, stop spreading the memes, please.

You still don't get it. The cost of the new phone is built into your monthly fee. That's why you pay so much per month.

Get a no-contract plan, pre-paid, and you'll see.

What? It's metal

I'm using Riftcat to play Assetto Corsa and other games in VR on my phone. Just saying.

>$769 for 32GB variant
That's just too humiliating at that point.

Well, It was fun while it lasted. Pixel is definitely not a replacement for Nexus, because it aims at entirely different target audience - and I'm not dumb enough to be a part of it.
I guess I will keep using my trusty Nexus 5 for 1-1,5 years and then find a reasonably priced replacement (probably not from Google).

My thumb is on the screen, not on the bottom.

When you pick up a Nexus 5X, your finger is literally in the exact right spot to open it automatically without even moving, while with an iPhone you have to move your finger around to get it to open.

Index finger.
How the fuck do you imagine people holding the phone with their thumb in the back.
Are you a fucking nigger?

Contract is cheaper if you are not subsidizing a phone. If it doesn't get cheaper then your carrier is literally stealing your money.

It's not. There's a thin metal cover but the phone is built of plastic. It's one of the cheapest built phones on the market. There is NO metal in any structural part.

Just for 360 youtube videos and the like. I'm not attmepting to compare it to stand-alone VR devices like the HTC Vive.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I have a weird desire to lay in bed and watch ASMR videos on a VR headset.

>Try to find a single comparison of the 820 beating the A10 or even the A9.
820 vs A9 is easy. basically in every GPU benchmark.

899 here in germanistan

People don't pick up their phone every time they use it. Plenty of people use the phone on the desk.

I'm saying your thumb is on the fucking front where the fingerprint sensor is you fucking fuck.

B-but the sensor is on the back.

Unless it does other stuff, no it's not more practical. The hands down best design is capacitive home button that doubles as fingerprint scanner, with capacitive buttons (NOT on screen) on the sides. Makes full use of the phone body and leaves the screen free to display content all the time.

Scanner on the back is a bad choice if you don't build a suite of apps that work with the scanner as a control method (which you cannot do if your sensor is on the front, as it has to act as home button when your device is unlocked.)

well this is shit

do I buy a 6P or OP3 to replace my aging Nexus 5?
OP3 is a year newer but at the same time I like having stock android with instant updates

so google is price-matching the iPhone (Plus) everywhere

>capacitive home button

Disgusting

Same boat. Don't like OnePlus. Probably ordering 6P this week, unless something surprising comes out of the blue.

>650 digerati doodles
>not waterproof

LMAO

I feel like were not on the same page here. I'm saying the fingerprint sensor on the front is more usable in more situations than if the sensor was on the back. The sensor is always accessible from the front, not always from the back.

>Plenty of people use the phone on the desk.

Sure and then I just unlock it using the pattern unlock.

I'd say 90% of the time I'm unlocking my phone when it's in my hands, where the back fingerprint reader is much more convenient.

but 6P won't have stock android anymore.
it's some lite version with pixel features missing.

also forget about instant updates. Nexus 6 took 6 weeks after the 6p to get Nougat.

It's the best iteration, fuck you. Clicky buttons are shit, on screen buttons waste screen space. Capacitive buttons offer all the comfyness of on screen, without murdering part of your display or requiring stupid swipes to bring up.

Are you completely retarded? That is a 5.5" phone. Your even using a shitty phone instead of one that is actually good.

Anything with an actual home button is deprecated

>Are you completely retarded? That is a 5.5" phone. Your even using a shitty phone instead of one that is actually good.
turbo manlet google shill pls

Just looked it up, taking the new iPhone as an example:
iPhone 7 without contract costs 750 bucks
iPhone 7 with the contract I currently have costs 350 and the price difference is 10 bucks per month compared to if you have the same plan without phone. Over 2 years that's 240, so total I would have paid 590 bucks and still saved 160 if I just bought the phone by itself and would have that same plan.

op3 has 5 weeks waiting time now.

>Sure and then I just unlock it using the pattern unlock.
What an irrelevant comment.

>in my hands, where the back fingerprint reader is much more convenient.
No, stop making shit up. It's almost never more convenient.

>iPhone 7 without contract costs 750 bucks
and it's not networked-locked, unlike the one you buy with the contract
= better resale-chance.

No you need to look at NO CONTRACT plans. Not contract plans that just don't have a phone.

I'm in the UK and ordered it yesterday

Arrived today

I am using a 5.5" phone retard.

6P if you care about VR and can baby a phone that will never take a fall without exploding. Plus the price is probably going down soon.
It has a better camera in low light, but the lack of OIS kills it. Also on screen buttons are cheap shit.

OP3 if you care about SPEEEEED, flagship quality feel, and a phone made of a single slab of metal, and don't give much of a shit for VR (it doesn't work badly, but you'll just see pixels everywhere.) - I like the physical notification slider, too. Once you know it's there, you'll always use it. You can switch your phone to silence without even pulling it out of your pants.

OP3 is getting a ton of updates and it's a completely bugless experience so far, just missing 1080@60fps. Rooting and changing ROM does not void its warranty, either.

Back fingerprint reader is always more convenient when the phone is in your hands.

>yesterday
>now

Do you see the difference?

Will the Verizon version be rootable?

There is only one thing that I liked about the Pixel: the fact that they didn't remove the headphone jack and even advertised it as a feature. So at least they didn't go all the way towards anti-consumer cashgrab.

If you like the Nexus 5, get a Nexus 5X. It's a better iteration.

I don't think the price will go down as Google just stopped selling the 6P and 5X.

What the fuck was your question you immigrant?

>Sure and then I just unlock it using the pattern unlock.
>wake the phone and enter the pattern wasting 3 seconds of your life vs 0.3 seconds to unlock

Listen up, I'm all for a scanner on the back if it acts as a new button to do shit, some phones do that, if it doesn't there's literally no justification: it has to be on the front.

oneplus.net/be_nl/oneplus-3
>Estimated availability: Ships within 5 weeks
My sides are in orbit

I've read it's locked, so no.

when will someone build me a nexus 4x with an iphone camera for 500$ tops

I understand if you use your phone all the time when it's sitting on a table, then it's more convenient.

I use my phone in my hand way more often so it's better if it's on the back for me.

Honor 8?

Holy crap that's bad.

6P before it disappears then. There's a real possibility the price will go up before christmas. (I'm )

OnePlus 3 is $400

>It's a better iteration
Not really. It's newer, but it's not better in every way. No OIS. And it's bigger. And no wireless charging (but no one cares about that).

This is what you get if you try and order a pixel on the Verizon website

If no one is selling the 6P or 5X prices are definitely going to go up before they go down.

Only thing I agree on is the size, I wish it was smaller. Otherwise I am way happier with my Nexus 5X than I was with the 5.

So does the bottom bezel have any use?

It's not about table or no table, your thumb will already be in position to use the home button, so having it ON the home button is the cleanest, best and most comfortable way. You're not adding places where your hand HAS to be, so it's by default the best choice because your hand is already there.

>No OIS
if you think the Nexus 5x is not a big upgrade when it comes to the camera, you are a retard.

It saves monies for Google.

>Google just stopped selling the 6P and 5X.
>5X
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK

Fuck the iPhone too.

Normies will never use push their phones to the extreme, unless they just download shitty software or Android and iOS require so much power.

the price for the 3.5mm jack

I don't live in the US, everything here is like at least 100 dollars more expensive.

>No-Contract
Pretty sure no provider has a no-contract plan with unlimited internet and unlimited calls. The only plans without contract I can find are incredibly shitty where you even have a limit on how long you can call people that have a different phone provider and like 1.5GB Internet per month.

It is an upgrade, but it's still hard to ignore the fact that it lacks some features of its predecessor.

I feel like HTC wanted to make sure the Pixel didn't surpass the HTC 10 so they gimped the looks on purpose.

Nope, I've tried both. The back location is way easier, your finger is basically right there when you pick up the phone.

I imagine they will be easily attainable from third parties for quite a while yet.

That's it, my next phone is an iPhone SE.

I hate iOS, but if none of the Android faggots can make a decent phone fuck it.

You should do a comparison with the Xiaomi Mi 5s.

- Both are 5 inches with aluminum unibody
- Both have SD821 SoC
- Both have the same camera sensor (Sony IMX378), have OIS and can record 4K videos
- Both will receive software updates for years (including security patches)
- 32 GB cheapest Pixel vs 64 GB cheapest Mi 5s
- 2770 mAh Pixel vs 3200 mAh Mi 5s, and the 5s is thinner too
- $649 Pixel vs $349 Mi 5s (also, the difference is much larger in Europe)

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8346&idPhone3=0&sSearch2=xiaomi mi5s&idPhone2=7260

I was considering spending up to 450-500€ on the Pixel, but I'm not fucking spending over 800€ on a phone with worse specs and higher price than an iPhone.

>$27/month offer
>People actually finance something that costs $649

Never understood this. I make $1 above minimum wage and I still can afford to save up and buy shit rather than get scammed by some finance plan.

That isn't more expensive than an iPhone, unless you're comparing the price to a subsidized iPhone.

KEK. All those people waited for this moment and Google let them down.
I did the exact same thing when they announced the 6p.

>save up

see this is what other people can't do

The argument is we don't always want or need to pick up the phone.

You're still adding a place your finger has to be for no reason, while your thumb needs to be on the home button ANYWAYS. It's just bad design.

The worst thing about it is that it only gets you 2 years of OS updates.

Meanwhile my 2012 iPhone 5 already got iOS10.

It's pointless if it has no mobile bands. LeEco phones are good value though since they include a ton of mobile bands.

What is decent? What is wrong with your current phone? I mean if you still have it and are waiting for another phone for a while, the one you have must be good enough.

Nah, xiajfasoidfaspoifdja is fucking dogshit garbage nobody trusts.

>your thumb needs to be on the home button

Uhh my phone doesn't even have a home button. My thumb is right on the middle of the screen when I pick up the phone, where it should be when you want to use it. While my index finger is right on the back where the fingerprint reader is, right where it should be.

>save up
Congratulations, you're smarter than 90% of people and found the secrete to success. Most people don't seem to understand the concept of saving and managing money.

What updates are needed though?

What's new and better or worse with iOS10 or any updates?

I keep hearing about vulnerabilities, but don't you have to do something stupid to be affected by them?

You forgot that both are not obscure chink companies that haven't discovered quality control and warranties yet.

>costs as much as an iPhone
>gets 2 years of updates
loving every laugh

>Uhh my phone doesn't even have a home button
It has if it is Android, dunno what the hell you're on about.

What band doesn't the Xiaomi have? At least here in France I haven't heard of any problems.

Xiaomi may sound like shady chink shit but they're really not, plus they let you unlock the bootloader so you can flash whatever you want, though you won't get OTA updates.

>Xiaomi
>software

Congratulations on not knowing about opportunity cost.

If you want lots of updates, why not get a Windows phone?

Have you even used a Nexus? No home button, it's all on screen.

>What is decent?
Something like the iPhone SE. Good overall specs, designed with actual common sense, not huge, software updates (don't ask for much, but at least security updates).

Basically you need a google phone if you want even just 2 years of updates (fuck custom roms) and all google phones are shit, including this one.

Wait, why it's so expensive?

Xiaomi isn't an obscure chink company. They are called the Apple of China for a reason.

Each new OS always gets new features and other improvements, if you are fine running old software good for you. I like to be running the latest.

Im not going to switch phones in 2 years, they are good enough to last at least 4, specially for that price.

jokes on you I currently own a windows phone.

>it's all on screen.
THE HOME BUTTON IS THE MIDDLE BUTTON
the fact that it doesn't have capacitive buttons, but useless clutter on screen, is another cheap design shortcut that is luckily getting killed off.

EVERY part of your phone should be functional, an entire bottom bezel acting as "nothing" is idiotic. And the Axon7 pulled off stereo speakers AND capacitive buttons, by the way.

not that guy, but ur dum

It's not a hardware button, but it's still a home button.

You're being autistic with your special use cases.
The fact is that a front home/fingerprint button is objectively superior for the vast majority of people.

Because no amount of updates can save Windows Phone from being shit.

A friend of mine bought one of their turds and it died within a month. ZTE is chinkshit too but it's more trustworthy. I've owned several ZTE phones and the only reason I've replaced them was because I wanted a better one, none of them died on me even after years of use.

Not him but what opportunity cost is there on saving instead of getting a loan for a fucking phone?

Most people who get into debt instead of saving aren't financial experts who consider opportunity costs, they're retarded niggers who lack self-restraint and planning capacity.

Sorry but if you think a hardware button is better, you just haven't used it. The on screen buttons are way more convenient and do not take up screen real estate because they disappear when not in use.

Special use cases? The vast majority of people use their phone when it's in their hand, where the rear fingerprint sensor is far superior.

If it was within a month, he could have it replaced even if he didn't buy warranty coverage.