Assemble a part list

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Need help?:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i 7000 series. THEY'RE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>Ryzen 4 core CPUs ARE SUPERSEDED BY THE 2200G & 2400G, BUT UNLESS YOU BUY A COMBO YOU'LL LIKELY NEED TO HAVE THE BIOS UPDATED
>G4560 - non-gaming (light tasks). Mostly superseded by the 2200G and upcoming Athlons.
>R3 2200G - Budget builds (best with OC + fast dual rank RAM) and/or for holding out until GPU prices drop
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the i5 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs (especially the R5 1600)
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VMs / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933-3200 MHz is ideal
>Dual rank memory is often cheaper than comparable higher MHz memory (ie Crucial Ballistix Sport)
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Cryptocurrency miners have driven GPU prices up
1080p
>MSRPs: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 8GB, $220
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) FPS
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) FPS
2160p (4K) on well optimized games
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't waste money on a GPU that drives much higher FPS than your monitor's Hz for "future proofing". Save to upgrade later.
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory
>Consider a single larger SSD instead of both a small SSD + much larger HDD.

Previous: >64743826

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/vnLmP3
pcpartpicker.com/user/oshirigami/saved/nwJWXL
pcpartpicker.com/list/3h8ttg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrxhf_xZWI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#Resolution_and_refresh_frequency_limits_for_DisplayPort
laptopmag.com/articles/make-windows-10-like-windows-7
support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx
pcpartpicker.com/product/bd2rxr/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-aorus-xtreme-edition-11g-video-card-gv-n108taorus-x-11gd
pcpartpicker.com/product/VKdFf7/team-dark-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tdged416g3000hc16cdc01
pcpartpicker.com/product/zgJkcf/gskill-memory-f43200c16d8gvk
pcpartpicker.com/product/xDx9TW/gskill-memory-f42800c16d8gvr
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313776
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/dP3Tw6
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/7RKhP6/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-windforce-oc-6g-video-card-gv-n1060wf2oc-6gd
pcpartpicker.com/list/w4QJ7W
ebay.com/itm/NEW-DELL-INSPIRON-5675-AMD-AM4-SOCKET-MOTHERBOARD-5000-SERIES-COMPUTER-BOARD-/263490974778
asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M Pro4/index.asp#Download
forum.gigabyte.us/thread/1854/x399-gaming-128gb-ram-issue
pcpartpicker.com/list/yYpcCb
newegg.com/global/pl/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232630
amazon.com/gp/product/B078PV8WYB/ref=s9_acsd_newrz_hd_bw_b1C5u_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=3YQCT7SS7768A32Z2RFZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=ad112e6b-2646-5740-bcb2-f227e6e7d96e&pf_rd_i=284822
outletpc.com/kj8863-gigabyte-gvn1060g1-gaming6gd-geforce-gtx1060.html
pcpartpicker.com/
pcpartpicker.com/list/
pcpartpicker.com/product/ms6BD3/nzxt-case-cas340wb1
amazon.com/dp/B06XSQ5QN8/
pcpartpicker.com/product/mBNypg/arctic-freezer-33-co-cpu-cooler-acfre00031a
support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03522674#AbT0
pcpartpicker.com/list/XF9MnH
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/89V9TB
ebay.com/itm/iBuyPower-Revolt-2-Gaming-Desktop-Computer-Intel-Core-i7-6700K-GTX-1050-Ti/362240784432?hash=item54573bb830:g:7nEAAOSw38Bag0k2
uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/vYp323/cougar-mx330-atx-mid-tower-case-mx330
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/2VWrxr/crucial-mx300-525gb-25-solid-state-drive-ct525mx300ssd1
pcpartpicker.com/list/MGPTw6
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/DJjTw6
amazon.com/dp/B077J11ZN9/
youtube.com/watch?v=9dEsTiOeMQ4
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tDp6MZ
a.co/6hiFmUt
ebay.com/i/302637700590?chn=ps
pcpartpicker.com/list/XNTQzY
xoticpc.com/g5-shadow
pcpartpicker.com/list/84kp9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/hkQrxG
pcpartpicker.com/list/fVKv6s
pcpartpicker.com/list/YQN8TB
pcpartpicker.com/list/FPN8TB
youtube.com/watch?v=4RMbYe4X2LI&t=601s
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/XKcvhq
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ycWjjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>G4560

Just a friendly reminder that getting a refurbished office PC with a 3rd or 4th gen i5(i7 if you get a lucky find) and 8-16gbs of ram is the absolute best deal poorfags can get right now.

All you gotta do is throw in a low profile 1050ti.

(OP)
Just upgraded my HTPC to Ryzen. Fresh 1400 (gets replaced by 1700 next month) and NVMe SSD. Now I need to replace my HDDs.

I planned to buy a 4 TB Seagate Backup Plus HDD for my "external" drive (The 2.5 one lying on the GPU, it was external once...).

Also I need a new bigship HDD, I planned for a 10 TB IronWolf, but it seems WD only costs a bit more and delivers less power consumption (24/7) and noise, which is important. This stands under my bed and powers my TV, the 10 TB hard drive will replace my 4 TB one so I can put all my 4K movies and series on one drive.

Which one would you prefer and why? Also, are there other options for a 4 TB 2.5" external drive?

depends on your luck with how good the TIM and IHS adhesive is.
I've seen lots of people only getting 80C idle with a good AIO.

FreeNAS?

why would you need a guide to install windows with a ryzen cpu in particular?

Looking for CPU cooler and case recommendations for this following build: pcpartpicker.com/list/vnLmP3

HAHAHAHAHA
A
H
A
H
A
H
A

> This assumes you are using a USB keyboard/mouse and your motherboard only has USB 3.0 ports. Windows 7 Installer does not support USB 3.0 input and you will be unable to progress past the language select screen. Use one of the following options to Install Windows 7 on your USB 3.0 motherboard. PS/2 keyboards and mice will work fine. This author is uncertain if there are any AM4 motherboards with USB 2.0 or PS/2 ports.

So a 212 Evo will do? Totally new to OCing but I understand I may not hit the target frequency. Im fine with getting a few hundred Mhz lower as long as it wont burn down my house. Room temp below 20 Celcius, using 2 case fans one intake and one exhaust.

>for light tasks
yes

Poor upgradability. The RAM, PSU, and motherboard are usually shit. CPU is usually not unlocked.
Better off making a new 2200G machine for like $460 pcpartpicker.com/user/oshirigami/saved/nwJWXL

You're paying like $60 more for RAM than you should, but it could be worse.

Don't get a 1700 until you replace that motherboard. The 8 core draws more power than the quad core, regardless of the 65W rating. You need a motherboard with a VRM heatsink

why the fuck can't I find a decent 1440p 75/85hz screen
it's such a nice sweet-spot, why isn't it more popular?

well that sucks. dunno why you prefer win7 over win10 when you can have ltsb

No, I'm not planning to replace it. Its a ASUS B350M-A. This case only fits mATX.

I'll probably undervolt the 1700, because this is a rendering PC. It will only do light gaming like Warframe in 4K. Most of the time it serves as a 24/7 down/uploader and NAS. It automatically unpacks movies and checks them and could even convert them into H265 for additional storage saving.

>dunno why you prefer win7 over win10 when you can have ltsb
Some people don't like the flat theme.

Get a new motherboard. There are mATX motherboards with actual heatsinks you dumbass.
Examples:
Asrock AB350M
Asrock AB350M Pro 4
MSI B350M Mortar
MSI B350M Bazooka
Asus Tuf B350M Gaming Plus
Gigabyte GA-AB350M Gaming 3

128 MEGABYTES of RAM POWER? Are you a wizard?

Will any GPU with DP1.2 support 1080p240?

Is now the right time top upgrade by sandy bridge platform to something new?

>212 evo on a 7700k
haha retard

As already said, if you're unlucky not even a $90+ cooler can handle how shitty the 7700k thermals can be. There oftentimes simply isn't enough heat conductivity to the IHS from the factory without a delid.

cause people with shit taste think that 1080 vertical pixels is enough.
For some reason there's a lot of 3440x1440 at 75-100hz but not 2560x1400 except in 144hz.

I'd just get that 144hz q-dot freesync Samsung monitor. $470 is a steal. Just underclock it to 90hz or whatever if your GPU can't handle 144hz but doesn't support Freesync.

This user is speaking truth. I have a 1700 on the micro shit international bazooka board. I can only get the OC to stick at 3.7 and even then it runs Australian levels of hot. To solve this problem I dropped the clock .1 and have a custom fan mount solution blowing on the vrms. It's less than ideal but I can't afford a better board at the moment.

pcpartpicker.com/list/3h8ttg

Considering building a pc for work. Just an email machine basically. Anything that could be changed out? Maybe go with the ryzen 3 instead?

M.2 is just for the lulz. It may or may not go in depending how I feel at the moment.

Also I'll be needing a shitty monitor to go with it. Doesn't need to be big or fancy. Already have mouse and keyboard.

But why do I need heatsinks when I don't OC? I don't want to pay more and have to reinstall everything again. The B350 fits pretty well for my needs.

because when the CPU uses more electricity, the vrms heat up. Heatsinks on the VRM help dissipate that. Having a 4 core Ryzen chip on a board without VRM heatsinks is no big deal. The 4 cores don't use much power.
The 8 cores are another story altogether. They use much more power, and without a heatsink, you may eventually fry the motherboard due to overheating VRMs, even at stock clocks. Get a motherboard with a VRM heatsink.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrxhf_xZWI

If it complies to the standard, it should.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#Resolution_and_refresh_frequency_limits_for_DisplayPort

>pcpartpicker.com/list/3h8ttg
Can you overclock the 2400G on an A320 board?
No you can't. You should really get a B350. Worth the extra 25bux.

Really you could simply go with a 2200G overclocked and it winds up cheaper.
Also get better memory.
This build is better. Can still change to 2400G if you want:
>pcpartpicker.com/user/oshirigami/saved/nwJWXL

How do I choose a decent $150-$250 CAD monitor to pick up if I'm starting a fresh PC build after years of laptop-only usage?
I want good real estate for programming, multitasking, and moderate gaming. Not really interested in "gaming oriented" monitors though.
so far as I've determined, this means I should want a 1920x1080 IPS monitor at a reasonable size, but this pops up at least 20 monitors on pcpartpicker and similar on other sites, and I'm also willing to buy used off kijiji to save some bucks if there's unlikely to be any degradation. What's my next step to choosing among them, or other factors I can look for? Any recommendations?

here laptopmag.com/articles/make-windows-10-like-windows-7

Can't I just glue heatsinks on it?

Holy shit - you don't need to worry about VRM temperatures if you're not overclocking. VRM cooling is enthusiast-level thing. You need custom-loop cooling with a VRM waterblock to cool that shit.

Not interest in over clocking it so I don't care if the board can oc or not.

The 2200 would probably suit my use better anyway.

Didn't get a reply last time:
I'm wanting to get the NEW HOTNESS APU because it'll work Good Enough™

But ram prices are, well you know. Getting 12GB of high speed ram is pretty much impossible, so I wanna know what to look for in OCable RAM and a motherboard that'll support it.

>R3 2200G - Budget builds

Kek HOW THE FUCK IS IT A BUDGET BUILD WHEN YOU NEED TO BUY ANOTHER POOZEN CPU JUST SO YOU CAN UPDATE BIOS? ANH WHEN YOU ALREADY GOT A POOZEN BUILD WHY DO YOU NEED AN INTERIOR APU? SO YOU CAN SELL YOUR GPU TO MINERS? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

G4560 STILL KING OF BUDGET GAMING
INTEL STILL KING OF HIGH-END GAMING

Save more before you start building your PC, I guess.

Or you wait for motherboards to come updated?

You can borrow a PC/laptop from someone else and update the bios. You don't need another CPU to do that.

I know it's possible to OC ram, and I know you can OC the GPU. If I cannot get ahold of 3000mhz ram I'm sure I could OC somewhat slower ram if need be.

Then delete the shit in the OP in the meantime you shill. We don't want bunch of pajeets coming here crying about the PC not POSTing.

>WHEN YOU NEED TO BUY ANOTHER POOZEN CPU JUST SO YOU CAN UPDATE BIOS?
Bristol Ridge you illiterate fuck

>G4560 STILL KING OF BUDGET GAMING
How poor can a gamer get? Isn't gaming supposed to be a luxury? Why do people waste their time on gaming when they are this poor - why not work and make money to afford something better? This is what holding the game developers back from developing very high end games.

Thats high-end board feature you dont wanna waste it on a shitty chip.

>AMD poozen

based poozen poster

I'm looking at the Acer KG271U 27", but it seems way too cheap and I can't find any reliable reviews on it
what's the catch?

Anyone?

so I want to get myself a decent gaming pc but I don't want to bother with actually assembling it, so I'm looking at prebuilt and I found this build for 950 € Intel i5-8400 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, 120GB SSD+1TB HDD & Win10 Home .

It seems to be the best quality / price but I'm worried the GTX 1060 is going to bottleneck the thing, also that it isn't going to be able to give me 144 fps. Thoughts ?

Or you could update the BIOS in any decent PC Shop/Microcenter
Nice try man

I went to a PC parts store to inquire about store prices and when picking a graphics card I forgot what brand it was. I thought it was EVGA when it was actually Asus.

I'm just curious now, what is the difference between the following?
>MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G
>Asus STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING
>EVGA 11G-P4-6696-KR

And for the Asus, what's the difference between the O11G and the 11G? Looks like a shield on the card, but I'm absolutely ignorant about these issues.

I saw HP ZR24w s with no stands, just the panels and shrouds for them, used for $80. They're VESA.

It says right in the fucking OP already that you will likely need to update BIOS.

look em up

I want pcbg's opinion on them dood

FYI anyone with an R3/5 APU with a board with old bios, you can get a cpu from amd to flash it for free.

Mostly cooling solutions, clock speeds and the quality. I prefer Gigabyte or EVGA, I'd get this
pcpartpicker.com/product/bd2rxr/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-aorus-xtreme-edition-11g-video-card-gv-n108taorus-x-11gd

that's really decent of them.

anyone have any tips here? Or is RAM equally OCable no matter what?

Omg. I found such a cute little case.
Aerocool CS-101.
Could actually probably fit quite a few 2.5" HDDs in here if I wanted for NAS.

OP already recommends good OCable RAM.
No they aren't equal. Depends on the quality of the dies.

Nice
Not impossible, whatever you do get dual channel. 16gb 3000MHz $165
pcpartpicker.com/product/VKdFf7/team-dark-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tdged416g3000hc16cdc01
If you're going with 8gb
pcpartpicker.com/product/zgJkcf/gskill-memory-f43200c16d8gvk

I actually got this so I can mount my IHS somewhere else in the case for looks.

Well 16 gig is a little overkill for me with these prices, and there's no high speed 4gb sticks that I can find at a price that I'd ever pay.

well I was hoping to find out how to tell better quality ram apart from lower quality, I guess. I don't mind getting a lower speed 12 gigs if I can overclock it easily without it crashing

Maybe this?
pcpartpicker.com/product/xDx9TW/gskill-memory-f42800c16d8gvr

Maybe this too but have never heard of Team brand before now.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313776

Might be worth putting this info in the OP, at least till new 400 series boards release

It depends on the games you would play, I'd go with a 1600 and build it yourself, it's easy and there's a lot of tutorials out there
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/dP3Tw6
For €110 more you could get the 6gb one, the extra VRAM will help but it's not gonna be that much of a difference
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/7RKhP6/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-windforce-oc-6g-video-card-gv-n1060wf2oc-6gd

is it worth it to go 50 eur over budget for a corsair 240gb ssd oinstead of a kingston 120gb ssd?

Yes user 120gb will fill up quick, look for a mx500 or mx300 if you want a m.2 drive

is it that big of a worry if I plan to have a HDD for storage?

New Rypoo 1600, MSI Tomahawk B350 board, gskillz trident 3200. R9 Fury GPU, no signal to my monitor. Otherwise appears to be booting fine. Also inserted an old 270X and same problem, no signal.

Meant to ask, is the board DOA possibly?

That SSD size is god awful.
Like you can get 256GB for $70 so there's no sense in only having one that tiny which can only fit the OS.
If not for that, it'd be an okay deal. It's just hard to justify buying a computer with such a tiny SSD.

Why not drop the HDD entirely and get a 500GB SSD instead?

It's a worry that you won't get many benefits of an SSD without room to hold games and applications.
How often do you boot Windows versus boot up a game? I almost never boot up Windows. I keep it running. I'm more concerned with how quickly my programs load.

Try other PCI slots if your motherboard can output video on a GPU which isn't in the primary one.

Forgot to mention that too, tried the fury and 270X in both slots. No luck in either.

Sounds like the motherboard, RMA fast. If you can return it and the price difference isn't that high get a B350-F Rog Strix (it has better heatsinks)

Just got the board yesterday. So it’s within return/RMA. Was hoping this wasn’t the case. Also not too fond of ASUS boards. My old M5A99FX was a dud for OCs, and my current x370 for my 1700 is just retarded with my RAM. Therefor was hopping to try a different brand.

>delidded 8700k
>put back into socket
>doesn't really close properly but seems to fit
>start up
>not booting
>CPU must not be in correctly
>remove heatsink
>no thermal paste touching it
>CPU didn't reach heatsink anymore
>mfw "delid" doesn't simply mean "take the lid off of it forever" and I'm supposed to put it back

You can actually do direct die cooling if you take off the socket bracket with a hex screw, and use one billion washers to set the proper heatsink height.

Damn that sucks user, maybe try the GA-AB350 Gaming 3 or even the K5 if you're willing to spend a little more (the K7 might be a good replacement for your x370 if the memory issue continues)

Where can I get a motherboard that has modern features, but isn't some aregeebee gaymur tumor?

I currently have a Ryzen 1700X based build with 32GB of DDR4. I'm looking to potentially upgrade to Threadripper as I enjoy encoding a shit load of video as well as gaming while it does it. I also edit a load of video. Even with my current 8c/16t that I have, I pin all 16 threads to 100% usage often.

I can sell my 1700X and current Asus X370 ROG board for $550. So I'd be looking at around $700 out of pocket.

pcpartpicker.com/list/w4QJ7W

duh. You're supposed to re-apply better thermal paste or liquid metal, then re-glue the lid back on.

Who cares what it looks like?

As long as you case doesn't have window it doesn't matter. Hipster cockfag.

Here but it'd be pretty stupid to get a proprietary mobo especially at that price
ebay.com/itm/NEW-DELL-INSPIRON-5675-AMD-AM4-SOCKET-MOTHERBOARD-5000-SERIES-COMPUTER-BOARD-/263490974778
If you only care about looks and you don't mind white leds there's the B350M Mortar Arctic

Rgb question:
If I have rgb ram (trident z) and some cooler master rgb case fans, is there a way to be able to sync them together and control everything? Without a fancy Asus rgb mobo, that is.
I know it's possible to control the ram rgb with software and the fans with a separate rgb controller but can they be synced together?
For reference its an asrock ab350m pro4 mobo .

Look into the Asrock RGB LED software
asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M Pro4/index.asp#Download

Really hard to find QVLed 128GB kits these days. Guess I'll have to compromise on speed/timing.

For Threadripper btw

Looked into it, seems like it can only be used to control the heatsink fan if you have one of the compatible ryzen rgb heatsinks. There's only one rgb led header on the board and it's designed for that heatsink specifically it seems.

Nevermind, I was wrong. You can use that software to control rgb fans/strips (provided everything is connected to the one rgb header on the board) but still can't control or sync it with the ram rgb which needs separate software.

Do you already have a motherboard? The x399 Gaming Pro Carbon has plenty of 128gb kits in the QVL

But they didn't test configuration with full 8 sticks for most of them

What's a good sub 250$ monitor? I don't give a shit about muh 1000hz, as it's mainly for productivity and design.

tf you need 128gb for

serious question

Get a refurbished Dell Ultrasharp, or HP ZR24w, etc.

For a new machine learning workstation. I have 64GB now and it's getting pressured from time to time

forum.gigabyte.us/thread/1854/x399-gaming-128gb-ram-issue
Seems like there are widespread x399 RAM support problems for 128GB. I haven't opened my mobo/CPU so I'll probably return them and go for Intel... again. I tried, AMD.

what motherboard do i buy jesus fuck
pcpartpicker.com/list/yYpcCb

you forgot to add the title fool! i was wondering why my catalogue search was constantly going nowhere.

Gigabyte ftw

Can someone tell me why no one has ever suggested using a modded 30 dollar Xeon CPU. I know they're not for gaming but if you're on a really tight budget it's probably one of the best choices.

Get another mobo user

I also checked Corsair and G.Skill sites; Corsair only has one TR compatible 128GB kit and is 2400 CL14; G.Skill has dedicated "for AMD" kits but none are in stock where I live

newegg.com/global/pl/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232630
This doesn't ship to your country?

Why has intel moved from 4C/8T to 6C/6T?
Wouldn't that be a decrease in performance at the same frequency?

Nope. 3rd world country :)

Alright anons I've got a question
is link related good for its price?amazon.com/gp/product/B078PV8WYB/ref=s9_acsd_newrz_hd_bw_b1C5u_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=3YQCT7SS7768A32Z2RFZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=ad112e6b-2646-5740-bcb2-f227e6e7d96e&pf_rd_i=284822

my current video card is an absolute piece of garbage that's several years old and was sub-par when it came out, a:
>AMD Radeon R7 200 series
Is this an improvement?

If not, what's a good graphics card I can get for $500 or less? That's my budget.

>If not, what's a good graphics card I can get for $500 or less? That's my budget.
You can't. Blame miners

Then, what's an improvement I can get over my current one?

Shit I don't know what to tell you, I'd go for the 2400MHz kit or get any 3200MHz kit and take the chances on the compatibility

A 6GB 1060. Used to be $250 but now $500.

How much of an improvement would you say that'd be? Say I get around 25 FPS average in a game, how much do you think it would approve? Also, any specific brand you'd recommend? I'd appreciate a link if you could.

My current 64GB kit is 2666 CL16, which is not QVLed by my X99 mobo but nonetheless worked at advertised frequency for 3 years. I also didn't find many people complaining about not QVLed kits not working at the time. But for X399 it just seems like not QVLed = won't work at all

It's overpriced but I'd go with this
outletpc.com/kj8863-gigabyte-gvn1060g1-gaming6gd-geforce-gtx1060.html

Yes it's miles ahead than R7 200 series. Brand is the least of your concern and you'll have to pick whatever is in stock. Fuck miners

Fuck miners indeed. Thanks bro.

seems like the best I can get.
any way I can find out if it'll fit in my machine? I'm new to building.

Use pcpartpicker.com/
If it doesn't fit they'll tell you.

[spoiler]how do I find out which case is mine[/spoiler]
[spoiler]want a pic or should I just thumb through the options myself[spoiler]

Go to pcpartpicker.com/list/ and start adding parts

Older GPU boxes are so fucking cool, god damn.

On it. my only problem is that I purchased my case years and years ago and I'm not sure if it's a unique type.
I was using pcpartpicker.com/product/ms6BD3/nzxt-case-cas340wb1 to see if it would fit.

Most likely it would fit as 1060s are very short

Okay. Thanks my dude, the purchase is made.

Looks like the Spec-02 but not quite, it doesn't look like narrow you should be fine

I'm looking for a monitor for my new PC build. I'm using a Ryzen 7 1800X and a GTX 1080 Ti. I'm not the biggest competitive gamer, but I will play CS:GO and Seige with friends. I'm mostly interested in single player games. I've been looking into the Samsung C27HG70:
amazon.com/dp/B06XSQ5QN8/

However, there are quite a few horror stories in the reviews, and it supports FreeSync, not G-Sync. I have no idea how important G-Sync is. I just wanted a good 1440p 144Hz, low response time monitor.

Any recommendations on this or other monitors?

I really want the WS X299 SAGE but no one has it in stock and there are no reviews.

Are prices still fucked due to bitcoiners?
Really want to get a new whole rig going.

I just bought that monitor user, its beautiful, got it from Amazon, no flaws, no obnoxious VA glow. Panel lottery maybe?

why not get a refurb? like seriously for the needs you specified its a fuck of a lot cheaper.

pcpartpicker.com/product/mBNypg/arctic-freezer-33-co-cpu-cooler-acfre00031a
btw what the fuck are you doing with this machine? CAD?

I might end up taking the gamble then. So are you also ignoring the lack of G-Sync? Is that even an issue? I've never had it as an option before this new build.

I will never have a use for G-Sync, I am pushing it with a 1080ti.

Great to know, I think I'll stop using that as a comparison point. Thanks.

So I bought 8gb (2x4) of ddr4 3000MHz ram, but when I booted up my bios it said it was only 2133MHz

Bitcoin $10500 now :^)
Up 5% over yesterday

Did you enable the XMP profile in the BIOS?

I meant prices for parts

If Bitcoin is going up, then of course GPU prices are getting fucked

Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet, what a time for my PC to go to shit.

I'm thinking of taking an old small form-factor pc and throwing a graphics card into it for light gaming and productivity purposes.

support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03522674#AbT0

Any idea what I should think about for a budget in USD?

Gigabyte's HD3/HD3P are good.
Get more RAM though

That's a pretty slow CPU, you could get a 1030 to see a small improvement but you'd be better off saving for a 2200g/2400g

Hey lads! My friend is offering me a watercooled PC for £300.
It has in it:
1100t
ASUS republic of gamers motherboard
8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ ram
1TB HDD
EVGA 780 TI Superclocked ACX Cooling
700w EVGA bronze PSU
is this any good? Can I play for example Rome Total War and many other games on this?

Is 1600W enough for 7980XE and four 250W GPUs or should I just go for 2000W

I think he means he already has that PC and is looking to see if he can upgrade it at all, which he can, but that CPU will be a massive bottleneck.

Yeah that fixed it, btw asus calls it D.O.C.P. in their bios

>If not, what's a good graphics card I can get for $500 or less? That's my budget.
You could preorder an RX580. I seen preorders for like $320. Have to wait 3-4 weeks, it says.

What R7 200 series do you have? Is it a 250 or 260? Maybe you should just try getting a used 270.

What about Crucial Ballistix Sport? That's some of the best Ryzen RAM and it's cheap-ish in US and EU.

Why would you even get a 7980XE?
But yes, 1600W is enough.
1000W from GPUs and like 450W or so from the CPU overclocked.

idk
780Ti is falling off so hard in newer games since it only has 3GB of VRAM and shit architecture. You can get one for like $175 on ebay and they really shouldn't be going for that much.
Water cooling is a cost you pretty much never get back.
That is also extremely power inefficient and is going to eat electricity up.

But shit. It's so hard to get a PC anymore and the 780Ti is still better than like a 2400G (which is more like a 750Ti, far from a 780Ti still).. so eh why not. It'd sure help if it had at least a 240GB SSD to sweeten the pot, though.

Does anybody know why my 1600 gets locked at 1.35GHz at certain voltage/clock settings? If I increase or lower either one it goes at what it's supposed to be. Board is X370 Taichi

Post pic of relevant configs in bios

You seem knowledgeable
what games is the 780 ti falling off in?

I have a GTX 1060 6GB that I have overclocked. GPU clock gets up to 1671MHz and memory clock is at 5407MHz. I really want to upgrade my monitor.

Any idea what kind of performance I can reasonably expect with that kind of performance? I'll get a better idea of what to shop for if I can get some thoughts

Here's the CPU clock and voltage
This is the setting where it maxes at 1.35GHz, but at 1.41250V it's fine.

Would an i5 7600k bottleneck a 1060 6gb? Also, when I use extreme tuning utility apparently all it can do is the base rate even though it only hits about 50 degrees. Is this normal?

Pretty much most high end games from the past year.
BF1, AC:Origins, GR:Wildlands, ME:Andromeda. So on and so forth.
It starts falling behind the 290X in newer games maxed out when it pretty heavily outclassed it on release.

But it's still good enough for 60fps 1080p on most games, just maybe not completely maxed. It's just beginning to really fall off.
Most other Kepler cards have fallen off hard the past year or two, though the 780Ti is still hanging on a bit.

Honestly seems worth it for that price, though. It does seem like a "friend price".
It's just that a year ago, you could make a like 3-4x faster PC for just 2x that cost. But RAM and GPU prices became insane... so for today that's actually a decent deal.

What is the cheapest GPU i can buy that is worth it?
And im talking about GT 710 or better.

Everything else is too expensive to consider with the new gen this close (based in rumors).

So how much will an Athlon II X3 435 bottleneck a GTX 1050?

No.

Even (current) integrated Intel graphics are better than the 710
Consider a 1030, 1050, or 550, or an APU.

I need to replace a dead GTX 960, i only can use 2 out 4 screens with my IGPU.
For now i dont care about performance, as long i can use 2-3 screens on it.

Finnfag looking for hardware recommendations for Ultrawide 3K gaming. Currently planning to keep my Gigabyte G1 980Ti for the next build and possibly my Corsair AX750W 80+Gold power supply. I have also have a Corsair H80i V2 AIO cooler that I don't think works for Ryzen sockets, so an Intel CPU is one I will probably have to go with. The computer case would probably be Define R6. Budget is around 2000€.

Just get the 2400G if you also could use a CPU upgrade. It's equal/better than the 750Ti with a little OC. Or the 2200G. Not quite as good, but $70 cheaper.
Or even like a used R7 265 is way better than a 710.

Not overclocked? Probably a bit.
Don't think a 1030 or 550 would be bottlenecked much, though.

You'll get stuttering and inconsistent framerates with a 7600k with a 1060 in quite a few newer games. Like, duh? Just look at the frametime graphs. It's really clear and straight forward. Not sure why you have to ask Cred Forums instead of looking them up as there's no shortage of testing on that CPU.

That means i have to do a whole build from scratch which will be expendide as fuck and getting another IGPU would leave me with the same problem.

Cant even find cards used right now as things are.

If you're so poor that you still have a 710 in 2018, you should probably sort out your life priorities to earn more money than being concerned at how bad your computer is and that you can't upgrade it, desu.

>CAD?
Yes.
BTW, I was hoping for an AIO cooler, not air.

No. HT is about 30% performance increase under ideal conditions, so a 4c/8t CPU will, all other things being equal, perform slightly worse than 6c/6t CPU assuming BEST CASE scenario for hyperthreading.

alright fags recommend me a motherboard for my new 2400g, building around a lg27mp59g ips freesync monitor

I've narrowed down the options to
>MSI B350M Mortar Motherboard $129
>Gigabyte AB350M-D3H Motherboard $129
both seem like good budget options
>ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Motherboard $169
better future proofing, faggy lights though

>1000W from GPUs and like 450W or so from the CPU overclocked.
7980xe can go well over 500W(assuming the VRMs on the MOBO don't explode before that).

When in doubt, go with ASUS.

if
>better future proofing
is a consideration, you'd be best off waiting for B450 boards in like April or whatever.

Of the other two.. it appears the Gigabyte has 3 VRMs for the uncore+gpu while the MSI one only has 2.
Not sure how bad Gigabyte BIOS are as I stick with ASUS and ASRock most of the time, but I know MSIs are pretty shit.

yeah good advice, thanks
no experience with MSI either, don't know if they're a meme board or not. had both gigabyte and asus mb's and I prefer asus desu, been tossing up as to whether to wait for the b450's but i'm sick of waiting and I can get the jewy chinks i buy my hardware off to update the bios for me.

What country are you in? Those are high prices for the U.S.A.
The Strix should definitely be the best and last you the longest, and Gigabyte's B350 VRMs are poor, along with MSI having somewhat cheap VRMs for all of AM4.

Australia matey, if you think those prices are bad you should check out how much ram and gpu's are over here

Is the H1000i V2 any good compared to the Noctua D-15?
My relative had Corsair liquid coolers for ages with no problems, but I'm slightly paranoid about having liquids in my PC. I just want the better most hassle-free cooling performance. Build for reference:

pcpartpicker.com/list/XF9MnH

D15 is better
Why the Formula over the Hero?
Otherwise looks good

also I'm curious about m.2 and the 2400g, sorry for the stupid question but will the 2400g shit the bed if you load up all the pcie lanes?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/XF9MnH
Get an AIO cooler mate. Air cooler aren't good for overclocking and generally louder. Also, AIO looks better.

Get the MAXIMUS X HERO.

How do I into overclocking? What voltage is considered "safe" for a CPU? What temperatures should it be running at? What max clock speed should it run at?

Is there a detailed guide for all this stuff?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/89V9TB
muh poorfag ayymd build. I have SSDs lying around for it an an r9 380 for muh games. For photoshop, video editing and some shitty dx9 gams.

Our local store is offering the Formula for only 100$ more over the Hero. I initially wanted the Hero (with WiFi) but I thought it would be a better investment to get the Formula.
I will admit though that I couldn't really understand the advantages when comparing on the website, but I do intend this build to last at least 10 years before changing anything. Are the benefits really that negligible?

Regarding the cooler, any suggestions? I'm actually really content with the Noctua, and I would even change the stock case fans for more Noctuas. Additionally loudness is the least of my concerns if you see my current HP Laptop.

Note that these temperatures are just after starting up. My laptop audibly REEEEEs at me and burns my hand when I play games on low graphics.

The Formula's benefits are mostly aesthetic, and I would save the $100 and buy the Wi-Fi capable Hero board.
Noctua coolers are basically the best (unless you custom water cool, but even that is louder), and their fans are very quiet and perform decently in airflow and static pressure. You probably don't need to change out case fans (unless they are super loud and not PWM controllable, but with such an expensive case I'm sure it will be fine), but do keep it in mind.

So I bought a set of 4gb sticks for a real tight budget build.

Model: Patriot Memory Viper 4 Series DDR4 8GB (2 x 4GB) 3200MHz (PC4-25600) Dual Module Kit - PV48G320C6K

At the time the set was one of the cheaper options and it was Samsung B-die, which was apparently a big deal.

The sticks work great even tweaking the memory a bit, but I need more now. What sticks should I get if I can't find the same set anywhere? The only ones I can find are sets of higher clocked 8 gig and I really don't wan't to drop more money than I need to.

What are the chances I'll have issues if I put a Viper Elite set in there or something else that's b-die?

Probably dumb to ask a question about prebuilt PCs in the PC-building general but idk where else to ask this.

Is there anything I should know when looking to buy a used pre-build? Is it too risky because the cards could be fucked by long-term mining? Currently looking to buy this and idk if it's a good deal or a bad deal: ebay.com/itm/iBuyPower-Revolt-2-Gaming-Desktop-Computer-Intel-Core-i7-6700K-GTX-1050-Ti/362240784432?hash=item54573bb830:g:7nEAAOSw38Bag0k2

Expect it to go for more than its worth

thanks for the feedback, I completely forgot about the SSD. No idea why I see SSD so small in brand new desktop computers when I bought a laptop two years ago that had already a similar size ssd

Any advice on the best way to get this at 2k or below with minimal quality drop? Will be using it for video games (including VR stuff)

wew lad that's just like my build All I can suggest is a lesser power supply to be honest. Depending on what you're going to be using it for, the CPU might be replaced with an i5.

Get a better CPU cooler. An air cooler of that level just won't cut it if you plan to overclock.

Get the ASRock Taichi if you want to save on the motherboard and don't care about ASUS Aura.

Cut back to 16 GB RAM (lower speed will do fine with Intel too) and upgrade later.

The thermals on that video card will be awful. Get a better reference card or get a 1080 if you can't afford that.

You might wanna consider a better PSU rating than gold if you're going 1000 W.

find a better cooled gpu, unless you plan on making a loop
Also, 16 gb is plenty for games
Also, a 250 gb ssd is enough
Also, a 750 PSU is enough. Seasonic or EVGA

>What voltage is considered "safe" for a CPU?
That differs from architecture to architecture. Generally AMD or Intel will tell you what the maximum safe operating voltage is.
You can find guides if you just search for something like "Ryzen 1600/i5 8600k/[your CPU here] overclocking guide".

I have 2x 240gb ssds and a 1tb hdd.
I need more ssd space because games these days are fucking huge.

Even a 1080Ti won't push 1440p at a constant 144Hz, having G-Sync most certainly would make a difference. It's just about whether you are willing to spend the money or not.

Not sure if this would better fit in a /sqt/ but is there a difference between having 2x8 DDR4 sticks and 4x4 DDR4 sticks?

Fuck, meant 144 FPS

board seems kind of pricey
power supply is overkill, why not get a less pricey and lower wattage semi-modular?

Good god this shit is ugly I really don't want to buy this but it's one of the few QVLed 128GB kits. Not my pic btw

Wait for Volta/Ampere/Turing wathever the name is now

How long until Nvidia comes out with new GPUs?

Given the market today, I will have to wait to get a worthy upgrade.

Bitcoin up 9% AGAIN today :)

Nice, maybe consider this case (better airflow for a little more)
uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/vYp323/cougar-mx330-atx-mid-tower-case-mx330

No problem, if you want a bigger one you could go for this
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/2VWrxr/crucial-mx300-525gb-25-solid-state-drive-ct525mx300ssd1

It's not that bad, I find this more unappealing

I have old PC with 3570k, 8gb 1600MHz and an GTX760 and P8Z77-V LX2 mobo. I am thinking of just updating the cpu to 3770(K) (hunting for good price atm) and buying a new GPU.

What do you think of this? Is this good time to purchase considering the state of GPU's, should I wait for new models and buy one of them, or then buy older model one? I am up for used ones too, where I live mining is not yet a thing and that has not yet affected the prices.

What GPU would you Cred Forumsuys recommend for around ~350 ? used, new or should I still wait?

Whys your motherboard so hot? You frying eggs?

Two sticks are faster(more effecient) than 4

Ive always wondered how can vr be 4k? When they're smaller than any TV in existence

If you're only gaming you could go for 16GB

Wait if money is an issue at all. GPU prices are beyond fucked right now. Also an OC'd 3570k wouldn't even bottleneck a midrange GPU in most games (except maybe GTA, Ashes or PUBG), so you may even be able to put off that upgrade if gaming is your main concern.

Won't make much of a difference unless you're on an HEDT platform that supports quad channel memory. Go for 2 sticks.

Just bought an 8700 non k. Im hearing more and more that these things run hot. Ive been gifted a baronkase with liquid cooler and im wondering if deliding is something that just oughta be done. Ill be gaming and multitasking. I could just print a delid tool.. Its pretty tidy under the ihs and looks way too easy. Im just worried about hot spots and longetivity. I dont feel like i can trust whatever is under the ihs. Also im upgrading from an fx 5800.

Thanks. The prices are not fucked up in my country tho, no miners. Just thinking about the publishing cycle, when is generally a good time to buy and new or older model

is this the real samual hyde?

B L A C K E D
Yeah delidding would be optimal or get a Noctua cooler.

If I want a quality case without meme gaymen window, what options do I have except Fractal?

Okay. Honestly now. Why doesn't Intel use quality thermal paste or solder?

The 200R or the Enthoo Pro Full Tower for more airflow (the Enthoo Pro M if you want a mid tower but it has a small window)

please help me find a monitor, my post is

Read the conversation again.

Sorry uncle but I don't know much about screens but you might aswell go with one of those 144hz monitors cause they typically last a decade or so. So you better make it a decent investment with the future in mind regarding cheaper and more powerful GPUs. In 10 years 4k will probably become the standard like 1080p did. But for now rather not get 4k its too expensive but will be cheaper in the future, I hope

You can't reuse the storage, case or psu?

>mobo 115 celcius

Speccy can't into temperature readings.

The 8700 will not benefit nearly as much as an unlocked CPU. It will be obsolete with PCIe 4, SATA 4, and DDR5 in the next coming years anyway so longevity won't be much of a factor if you're selling it or using it for a server anyway.

Yes, but i will need to buy 24GB DDR4 overpried RAM again since i wont be able to use DDR3.
A motherboard, a new high end CPU.
Which would be cheaper to just buy a high end GPU with current overpriced prices.
I just need a GPU to plug 2 screens more, i can wait 2-3 months to get a GTX 2070/2080.

>the aliexpress tier ssd.

2-3 months.

Were you scared the first time you say that?

FOR ANYONE WITH A NEW RYZEN APU
AMD will send you a cpu for you to update the bios with if you don't have one

But you have to return it.

Well, yeah, but they're still letting you borrow it essentially for free, after shipping.
Though I read the heatsink is fine to keep if that's your jam

Have you looked at ASRock? They're just as good or better than ASUS in some cases in basically all ways.

Corsair AIOs are meme garbage. Many of them have serious design flaws.

>2 large fans turning slowers are somehow louder than 2 or 3 smaller fans turning faster in addition to pump noise
retard spotted

>uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/89V9TB
Solid build, but maybe consider looking for 1600+motherboard combos?
Here in the US, you can get the 1600X+Asus B350M prime for $280, for example. Obviously you want the 1600, but that's just an example.
PC Mate is not that great of a board. MSI isn't great in general.
Could also consider looking at other case options for something more modern designed.

I think they made too many 128GB SSDs when NAND was expensive and are now trying to offload them.

>$2600 to play games at 2K, whatever that means, and VR
lol
This build is pretty shit.

Agreed

>I am thinking of just updating the cpu to 3770(K) (hunting for good price atm) and buying a new GPU.
That's a good idea. Though you should stick with the 760 until prices drop.
I'd recommend an RX580 which you can still preorder for under $350 if you absolutely must upgrade and can't wait for prices to drop, but meh.

So you don't even have a 710 yet.

idk. Maybe you can get a used GTX1030 off someone who bought it then realized it's too shit. Wouldn't be so bad if you can get one for like $60.

hai guis plis teach me to bilt computah

Why 24GB? You could go for this
pcpartpicker.com/list/MGPTw6

Thoughts on a i5 4570 or 4690k + 1050ti combo? ddr4 is very expensive where I live

Here's my issue:
I want a case like the lian-li dk03, but don't want to pay 1200 dollars for it. I'd like a large case to lay down flat on my desk and put my monitor on. Suggestions? Also getting a cube PC is not out of the question. Vertical fags need not reply.

To replace the current 24GB DDR3 i have.
I am waiting, but for now i cant use 2 monitors because i lack a GPU, currently using my IGPU but i cant use all my screens this way.

i have an i5 4670 (non-k) paired up with 1060 3gb and this is what i would reccomend if you want close to most of your cpu. Had a 760 before and it was ok too, if you need need the gpu cad or 3d modeling then its an ok combo imho (but a quadro would be better).

was thinking of getting a dedicated HDD just for installing games because my tiny SSD cant take no more.

i know its going to have slower load times than an SSD but is it still a viable option?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/DJjTw6

First time I'm building a pc, decided to dump my crappy laptop and get something that can actually run things above 10 fps
Not sure which monitor to get, want something 144Hz, but not wildly expensive, looking to make the whole build fall around the £2000 ballpark. Any suggestions to build are highly appreciated.
[Spoiler]Do your worst Cred Forums[/Spoiler]

What about this, or the many others that look like it?

amazon.com/dp/B077J11ZN9/

You'll want a better cooler and a better PSU(something in the 600W range at least if you plan to overclock).

anyone from the uk with experience buying from newegg? any problems with returning parts or anything else?

Yeah, it'll be fine. Fuck man, at $50 per 1TB drive, I'd buy them just for cold archive of data. The 4TB Seagate is like $100 now.

shouldnt be an issue if you dont stream or have adhd or autism.

source: youtube.com/watch?v=9dEsTiOeMQ4

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tDp6MZ
updated with monitor, cooler and power supply
little bit more expensive but still mostly manageable budget hopefully

idk man installing modern games on an HDD takes me about 40 min

you only have to do that once anyways. so unless you are trying to be the first faggot on youtube with footage of the latest AAA n 0day its mildly annoying but NBD.

I need to clone my win10 HDDs image to an SSD.

what do?

If you got a Samsung SSD they have a program that will do it for you.

Minitool partition wizard

So I'm other sure if you pc building nerds can help with monitors but I don't see another thread for it. I've been using a shitty monitor for the past few years and want to get a 2k one with my tax money, what' do I need to look for in a 2k monitor? Any recommendations? If it helps in picking one, my gpu is a 1070ti.

easeus todo backup free

Hi all,
So I would like to build a new PC sometime this year. Just a cozy little mini-ITX or microATX rig that I could haul around as needed. My use-case is for school work (CSE) and 1440p gaming.
Ideally I would like to spend between $1000 and $2000, for something with a decent amount of power. I'm mostly interested in a budget conscious solution that will see me through the next few years of school. Looks are a low-priority.
I would like to get in to VR/AR development, and this would become my development and testing machine. Maybe I could do an APU for now and get a discrete graphics card sometime in the near future.
So, would anyone have any ideas or suggestions? This isn't an urgent project, but I would like to put it together sometime this year.
Here's a link to a prospective build: a.co/6hiFmUt + ebay.com/i/302637700590?chn=ps
Regards,
-user

I'm fairly sure, but not certain, that you'll get smacked with customs charges when the items reach the UK, thus virtually nullifying the initial saving.

do any of these include boot media?

fuuuuck, i just want a stupid rx580 and not pay £350+ for it :(

>uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/DJjTw6
>no SSD
>OEM windows
>212 meme
>ATX board with nothing except 1 GPU populating its PCI lanes
huh

I don't know what 2K even is. When I search for it, I get a large variety of different aspect ratios. Seems like some made up bullshit normies say because they've heard of 4K.

>mini-ITX or microATX
Phanteks Evolv Shift is nice for mITX and the Silverstone TF03 or TJ08 for mATX.

>VR/AR development
There's no specific requirement here, except a 2400G is not considered "VR ready". I think a 1050Ti is the minimum performance required to be VR Ready. Or something like Hade's Canyon which is a little faster than the 1050Ti.

You could certainly start developing and testing games on a 2400G, but they'd have be very efficiently written for VR to run on it.

>$2000
That budget is enough to get pretty much anything if you're not stupidly wasteful with super expensive motherboard and CPU.

>a.co/6hiFmUt + ebay.com/i/302637700590?chn=ps
That's actually half decent and better than most builds posted.
But there are some problems:
That GPU is a ~3 slot card, and won't fit in that case.
The Phanteks Evolv Shift won't fit a GPU greater than 2 slots, either. It's ideal for watercooled, really.
FT03 mATX might be a big bigger than you'd like... It's 32.5l though it does have one of the smallest footprints of mATX cases.
There is an mATX version of the FT03 at 17.6l, but I don't like it as much. It can't fit long enough GPUs.

If you want console-sized, and don't want an Nvidia GPU, I think you'd be best off starting with the 2400G and getting a Vega56 when you can get one at MSRP. You'd need to undervolt it for better thermals in such a cramped case.

RAM choice is good.

Cooler is about all you get in a console-sized case. But if you go bigger, the Cryorig C1 is nice.

PSU is good, but you'd be fine with 600W.

Drop the NVMe and get a 1TB MX500, SU900, or some other good SATA SSD instead.

I agree with your points, though I admit that I am rather fixated on this particular case. Maybe I could do a hot-rod cutout for a more beefy cooler. Otherwise, I think that the Wraith Stealth cooler will fit (the case does have some give to it).
Here's a revision of pcpartpicker.com/list/

My apologies, I posted the wrong link.
Here is the aforementioned revision of my compact VR gaming PC: pcpartpicker.com/list/XNTQzY

It is a fairly nice case. That and the Dr Zaber Sentry.

I was considering using a similar case, the RVZ03B, and modifying it so I could put 2 Vega FE blower cards back to back to have 25TFLOPs in a tiny case. But it turned out that Vega FE gaming performance was meh, and crossfire support was being phased out.
I also looked at this Cougar QBX. Kind of roomy with an SFX PSU instead of the ATX it's made for. But it's 20l compared to the 12l of the Silverstone case you like.

xoticpc.com/g5-shadow
Is another REALLY nice case. It's a big bigger and mATX.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/XNTQzY
Again, you'd really be fine with a 600W PSU.
I'm using a 1600X and 7970 and I don't go over like 400W total system draw max. And the 7970 uses quite a lot of power, more than an RX580 does. I'm using an SF600, though the Silverstones are really nice afaik.
Frankly, even a 300w would be fine until you add a power hungry GPU. But even an RX580 and undervolted Vega56 only use like 250-300watts. So 450w would work.
So yeah. 600w is overkill enough. 700w is even more overkill.
It might sound good that the Silverstone is platinum rated, but given that your 2400G will be at 20-100watts most of the time, it's less efficient down that low.
The Silverstone 550W gold is a bit cheaper, too. Their Bronze 450 is only $60.

And the RAM you had before is better. Crucial Ballistix Sport, the higher end ones, are dual rank and overclock well. Also cheaper.

Looks really solid other than those 2 things.

>Bitcoin $11000

Er Thermaltake Core G3 for that case. That's what the Xotic G5 uses.

First time building a pc, so i want to hear opinions pcpartpicker.com/list/84kp9J
I want a cheap pc that can be upgraded later, this build is made with things that are already in my country, but i can import things that doesn't surpass 2 kilograms.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/84kp9J
afaik that RAM has trouble running at the advertised speed on Ryzen.

Get the 2666 CL16 1.2v Crucial Ballistix Sport kit.
You could also get a 500Gb SSD instead of the tiny SSD and HDD combination, if you think you can live with 500Gb at least until you can add on a HDD later.

Looks fine besides that.

Is it just me or do Ryzen/TR need much higher quality RAMs for them to run at advertised speed?

I'd avoid Asrock motherboards if possible, if you want to spend around $1000 I'd go with something like this
pcpartpicker.com/list/hkQrxG
For $520 more I'd go with this
pcpartpicker.com/list/fVKv6s

unless you are getting a remarkably good price on that m2 drive i would advise that you get something that is atleast 200GB or larger as your main SSD because 128GB seems kind of skimpy.

This, maybe a MX300 275GB or a MX500 250GB and swap that Hitachi for a WD Blue, it's not worth the risk for $8 less

>I'd avoid Asrock motherboards if possible

Reason(s)?

Some people have been reporting freezing issues with ASRock boards.
It must be a certain production run of them or something, because I have an ASRock b350m pro4 that's just rock solid as can be.

I'm asking because the ITX b350 fatal1ty board seems to have the best rep in its category. I was pretty much set on buying it soon.

That one seems to be the most affected, good luck man
That one looks decent, after two dead mobos I avoid them but in that price range that one seems to be the best. The X370-I Gaming is more expensive but has better VRMs

I've given up on my 1950x build. Seems like I'm going Intel for the third time in three years

none of the ASRock boards seem to have DisplayPort, how am i going to make use of freesync without the DisplayPort?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/hkQrxG
wtf is up with that build, are you some sort of retard or something? why would you put a 2400g on a faggy lights mb without any display out?

did you run into problems building or?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/hkQrxG
What the hell.
I didn't know it was possible for those builds to not have any display out.

>none of the ASRock boards seem to have DisplayPort, how am i going to make use of freesync without the DisplayPort?
Pro4 does. 1.2.
That is weird that so few of them do, though.

High end RAM kits (64/128GB, 2800+MHz) don't run at advertised speed or don't get recognized unless they have certain die (Samsung B).

oh, yeah. were there no samsung dies on your mobo's QVL? i know asrock x370/x399 taichi will hit 3200mhz using g.sill flarex series RAM out of the box like 90%+ of the time.
anyway, keep in mind about switching to intel: ram speeds matter just about as much as they do on ryzen chips.

latest revision to the mini gaming pc concept.
if anyone is still awake. Yes, I have been at this all day.
pcpartpicker.com/list/YQN8TB

why do you have so much ram for such a low end build?

there are problems with the pro4 mobo. wouldnt wanna go with an A320 mobo either way. swap for a B350 mobo. if its asrock, check the reviews to make sure nothing is wrong with it. some asrock boards have problems, others are fine.
thats too much ram for just gaming, 16gb will be more than enough for any game

Well, I'm going to switch out the processor and get a graphics card when they come out with the new ones. Throw in some custom water cooling and we have ourselves a high-end machine.
Ok, fine, I'll get 16. Any rec's for a mobo? I'm ready to just buy this stupid thing.

pcpartpicker.com/list/FPN8TB

Is GIGABYTE "GA-AB350M-D3H" a good budget board?

after watching hardware unboxed I'm leaning towards a dual channel 8gig kit of ram for the 2400g seeing as there are negligible gains to allocating 2gb as opposed to 64mb/512mb to the gpu . My only concern is whether windows will shit the bed if i have a few tabs of firefox up

>Any rec's for a mobo?
right here
the A320 chipset is the absolute lowest end you can get, thats for like youtube computers and stuff. B350 will serve you better in the future, especially when you wanna upgrade the cpu and get a dedicated graphics card

even if you get an actual gpu you don't need that much ram unless you are doing more than gaming

Why you recommend used xeons but not used LGA 1150 or 1151 processors?

can anyone recommend me 2 monitors? 1st display, im looking for something relatively basic: 1080p ips monitor kinda thing; just 1080p, 60hz-144hz, nothin "special" about it. somethin that just werks.
other display im interested in would be a 144hz, 1080p ips display with a good implementation of freesync.
been totally ignorant of monitor technologies since i received a 920p monitor as a gift several years ago, so its been kinda hard for me to find one myself.
side question: current monitor is 60hz, 1600x900 display. if i were to purchase a 144hz monitor with freesync, would that cause issues in running dual displays? either the higher refresh rate or freesync? GPU is AMD RX 480 if it matters.

Next time include /pcbg/ in the OP. I couldn't find this thread on the catalogue and I thought we ded;_;

we have two building generals now because of OP being retarded

I think this might be the thread to post it.
Cred Forums I need your help this has been driving me insane, no one else has this problem.
I bought new USB headphones recently, they've been great so far but I've run into this really weird and specific issue. When playing the game Neverwinter Nights with the audio coming through headphones the FPS for my entire system completely tanks, UNLESS I have another audio source playing. What the fuck is going on?
[spoiler]I haven't confirmed if it's just NWN or not, I think it is but who knows, certainly not fucking me.[/spoiler]

maybe some ancient audio driver that doesn't like to interact with USB devices? it would be important to find out if it really is a NWN specific issue. try other games or tell us which other games you've tried where no problem occurred.

that explains why its so slow in here. good job op

In the OP it's explained that the R5 1600 us better for multithreaded use and i5 8400 better for gaming, can someone lightly elaborate on that ?

TLDR: AMD sucks for games but works good enough for them.
More cores doesn't mean better gaming perfomance.

I bought a 7700k for 280, fight me

here. youtube.com/watch?v=4RMbYe4X2LI&t=601s

>Kaby lake = Coffee lake

>Leadtek

Damn son this brings back memories of my first video cards. That was a solid GPU brand.

the point is to illustrate single thread vs multithread

thanks

any estimates when the ram prices are going to drop?

I have around 400-500€ to spend. I've got an FX-8150 and an r9-390x. Best upgrades would probably be CPU, Ram and Mobo. What do you guys recommend? I'm from Germany if it matters

What GPUs of older generations have performance similar to 1060?

I have 2 chassis's fans one 1200rpm the other 1500rpm both DC controlled. Does it matter which one l use as exhaust and intake?

I would do this on Ryzen:
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/XKcvhq
Or this on Coffee Lake:
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ycWjjc
Switch the 1700 out for a 1600 or the 8700 out for the 8400 if you really can't spend that much
980, or maybe the 780 Ti if you don't consider how poorly it has aged.
Having more intake airflow is generally better than having more exhaust airflow.

I am gonna need a new router (probably).
I do know i want dual band, but what else should i look out?
Like get one with more antenna or 2 is enough?
There is three active device on the wifi, two phone and one pc.
Any suggestion?

where do you live?

I have bought a i7 7700k at 200€ and a Cooler Master Saidon for 50€.
Also:
>Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB Kit (4 GBx2) DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) Single
>MSI H270 Gaming M3 Scheda Madre, Formato ATX
>Corsair CS650M
>Crucial SSD 525 GB

I don't know which GPU get. Right now i'm tryin to get a used 1070 or a 1080. The prices are 450€ for 1070 and 650€-ish for 1080.
(You can never find AMD GPU) Which one should i pick?

Should I get a 144hz for 250€ or should I save money for a 144hz (around 400€) G-Sync one?
Is G-Sync really worth 150€?

I have an i5 3570k, is there any CPU I can upgrade to without having to replace my mobo and RAM aside from the i7 3770k?

no

Save for the optical drive (my dumbass bought a 6.25” instead of a 5.25”), all my hardware is installed. Is windows 10 the best choice for gaming and shit?

>Is windows 10 the best choice for gaming and shit?

No. But the problem is that w10 is the only one supported still and you can game decently

Friend is wanting to buy a 1080ti, would a founders edition be okay since they're $750 compared to paying up to $1,100 for a regular card?

Yes. Kinda. U're gonna need it sooner or later. I haven't meet any problem with it.

Can I buy the software and download on a usb then run it when I power up my new pc? It’s my first time building one so I’m kind of a retard when it comes to this.

Yep, you can download the usb writer from microsoft site. And they ask the cd key around the installing.
Just put your usb in the 1st place on the booting list. But if it is totally blank pc (new hdd/ssd) then it will boot from it anyway.

>trying to find the /pcbg/ thread
>have to type ass in the catalog to find it

How does the 1800X compare to the i7 coffee lake processors?

You're right senpai.
I'm bad but no one else has been making them the past few days. Which is weird when you can actually sort of build a PC now.

new thread

Better multithreaded, especially when SMT is used. Worse single threaded. Better thermals and lower power usage.
I'd say better upgrade path, too, since AM4 is supported a long time, but we don't know how good Zen2 (not to be confused with Zen+ coming in like 2 months) and Zen3 will be. But at least they'll be SECURE SECURE SECURE.