Why don't you use OpenBSD when it is the best and most secure operating system available?

Why don't you use OpenBSD when it is the best and most secure operating system available?
harmful.cat-v.org/software/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1XGcNVTIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cinnamon isn't available for it

because i can get shit done in os x i cant in a toy os.

this kills the operating system

but why use I/O in the same bus as the memory?
having to stop it for each lock operation.

I've been considering spinning up an OpenBSD instance on my server so I can play around with it, but I also don't see the point.

I've got enough endpoint and network-level protection so I don't need to worry much about security on my LAN, and I route all my traffic through a VPN back to the home network before it goes out to the internet.

Besides, if security at the OS level is your selling point, you've got some really bad security practices in play.

And on top of that, what possible thing can I do with OpenBSD that I can't do with Linux/Mac/Windows that isn't some autistic thing like "OpenBSD lets you Ethernet your MTUs at higher Kbps, saving literal nanoseconds of time whenever NTP updates!"

>but why use I/O in the same bus as the memory?
Because von neumann

>osx user calling another OS a toy

Cinnamon is gay, use kde.

Lmao. KDE is basically proprietary

something something i'm already using best os something something more functional than bsd

BSD isn't good.

I don't use operating systems with cucked rules for contributors.

>Why don't you use OpenBSD
Paid NSA backdoor.

i wana be a school shooter

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Windows, is in fact, Windows/DOS, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Windows plus DOS. Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another paid component for DOS system made useful by the shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS.
Many computer users run a modified version of the DOS system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of DOS which is widely used today is often called Windows, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the DOS system, developed by the Microsoft. There really is a Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
DOS is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. DOS is normally used in combination with Windows.

>t. cinnatard

troll harder ;)

Alleged FBI backdoor investigated
On 11 December 2010, Gregory Perry, a former technical consultant for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), emailed de Raadt alleging that the FBI had paid some OpenBSD ex-developers 10 years previously to insert backdoors into the OpenBSD Cryptographic Framework. De Raadt made the email public on 14 December by forwarding it to the openbsd-tech mailing list and suggested an audit of the IPsec codebase.[79][80] De Raadt's response was skeptical of the report and he invited all developers to independently review the relevant code. In the weeks that followed, bugs were fixed but no evidence of backdoors were found.[81] De Raadt stated "I believe that NetSec was probably contracted to write backdoors as alleged. If those were written, I don't believe they made it into our tree. They might have been deployed as their own product."[82]

Peer review isn't a silver bullet.

Install Lumina, faget.

I use it on my laptop

Because no hugs allowed.

You dont see what you just posted?

*hugs*

OpenBSD doesn't have a problem with hugs.

Still have that licence though.

Stallman please go. You and your not free license are not welcome.

>is in fact, Windows/DOS
That hasn't been the case in 20 years, retard.

>the best
>implications
ever heard of different use cases you dolt
I'll use it when I get a spare computer or when I can run a daw on it

how old do you think the pic is
try paying attention to context fucking autist

It's clearly a VM you retarded faggot, this thread is right there in the screencap.

Reinvent the wheel, while LXQt exist and Kris Moore still use W7 as a daily driver. Fuck their trash.

why's D harmful ?

>>C
>>CSV
>>unix shell
>>IRC
>not harmful
youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1XGcNVTIE

it might be the most secure but certainly not the best. the devs avoid modernizing many things, such as the file system, in favor of simplicity which makes openbsd comparatively slow. Despite its flaws, GNU/Linux is unfortunately the only modern option for many non-OS devs.
yeah it's definitely prudent to listen to someone who was probably paid to put in a backdoor and say otherwise

It just werks.
>something happened

>the devs avoid modernizing many things, such as the file system, in favor of simplicity
more of a lack of manpower. they're not fundamentally opposed to WAPBL or HAMMER or whatever, it's just that nobody's done the work. (they are opposed to ZFS though, that really is too complicated)

Green is my pepper bruh