If it's good enough Sony, it's good enough for you, too, Cred Forums

If it's good enough Sony, it's good enough for you, too, Cred Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1DM5SwoXWSU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's utter shit.

If anyone at FeeBSD gets mad at some Jap at Sony for calling faggots stupid, they're not a damn thing they can do about it whereas over here if you send a virtual hug, they'll accuse you of virtual rape and spam your twitter.

Am I allowed to hug you, OP?

fuck, was kinda difficutlt to install freebsd and compile my programs with ports. now everyone is saying freebsd is bad. i cant change os all the fucking time.

It will be good, when i will be able to play PS3 games on it.

Can anyone bring me up to speed on what happened?

>it works well in a heavily specialized form for use on 1 kind of hardware as a gaming console
>this somehow means it's "good enough" to use as a general purpose desktop OS
OP i think probably you need to think through your posts more carefully

No hugs allowed.

FreeBSD has a new CoC, literally copypasted from geekfeminism. Some if the new laws prohibit virtual hugging without consent.

All the freebsd drama going on actually makes me sad because I like freebsd but I really don't want to use it anymore if it's ran by a bunch of sjw's. I hope they remove that stupid CoC and recover from this

you don't have to give a single penny or drop of attention to the devs though, if the software works for you why does it matter how stupid the devs are? it's not like they get any benefit from you using it

Just switch to openbsd.

Dare I say... Offer a quick rundown?

They wen't full retard and are losing what little devs they had.

I know but it would really bother me
There are no drivers for my wifi card card yet and it works well on fsf linux distros

Wasn't the SJW that was responsible for the CoC removed already? Any possibility they'll remove CoC?

don't listen to these retards, freeBSD is still amazing. Just watch out, cause they now want to push for an "equal" workspace

because it'll be time and effort invested in a dead-end platform, instead of one that's competently run and might actually have a future that would suit my needs better. Let's not pretend like FreeBSD is anywhere near perfect already, there's lots of work to be done still, and yet it's clear that it's leadership places a bigger priority on virtue signaling and witch hunting than actually fixing bugs or improving features. That should be of concern to any user of such a system.

Just use gentoo, you get ports with Linux

Linux is a kernel.

this does not change his statement smartass

>a SJW *BSD is removing their cock

the fucking state of *BSD cucks

Who gives a shit if it has a CoC? If it works for you and you run away because muh sjw, then you're a mouth breathing snowflake.

Thanks user.

I’m more worried that the project will start losing brain power and attract dead weight instead.

FreeBSD is in my opinion a good middle ground between Ilumos and Linux. It is not perfect but it features advantages from the two platforms that are convenient to me. While I admit that OpenBSD is impressive that’s not an option to me.

I’ll keep my eye open for both Linux and SmartOS and I will probably replace my infrastructure with a mix of the two in case FreeBSD goes rotten. I might look into Dragonfly too.

Think about Firefox, it used to be going on the right direction until Mozilla went full SJW.

Linux is a kernel.

No. Linux is an operating system. Now go suck RMS cock and eat cheese from his feet.

It's not good enough for Sony, it's good enough for Sony to mold into something they like

Is it that hard to spend pocket change on a compatible Wi-Fi card and swap them out?

Try Slackware, you won't regret it.
Don't listen to all those Gentoo shills

Sony used it because they could literally take any code they wanted and close it off.
A win win situation....
For sony.
I would laugh if sony literally did fuckall of their own work.

Can we have hugs?

gee thanks dad. is moms pussy good enough for me too?

Show pics of mum please.
For science.

you don't know very much about how business works do you?

careful now, that's basically rape for them

*rapes*

FreeBSD went full Anita, they copy-pasted the CoC from some feminist wiki, letter by letter.

>implying Mozilla was ever good beyond when Microsoft had the monopoly

hypermegaultralaughinggirls.jpg

From a privacy standpoint, it was the best, but it's not the best anymore since that revision where they added the mandatory chat thingy. Waterfox and Palemoon are what old FF used to be, there is also then custom TOR build of FF that's probably the most secure of all FF forks made so far.

pretty sure TBB is just a customized firefox esr, not a fork

>I hope they remove that stupid CoC and recover from this
CoC or no, the core team responsible for its implantation will remain.

I hope someone anonymously will flood freeBSD devs with virtual hugs. ;^)

Still use/support android and sailfish elsewhere. Sony love towards BSD is not more than a meme.

FreeBSD developer here. Based on the feedback on a private developers list, I can assure you that this updated CoC is not something being unanimously accepted by the community. It was developed "behind the scenes" and in my opinion it was pushed on us by Benno Rice. I have no problem working with and respecting all developers regardless of race, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, or sexual orientation. I judge people based on their actions as developers. This CoC, even if the intentions were well-meaning, comes across as sanctimonious, amateurish, and out of touch. Core elections are coming up this year. I am hopeful that it can be improved after Rice has been voted out.

youtube.com/watch?v=1DM5SwoXWSU
Enjoy being obscure and obsolete.

Damage is done, I left the IRC channel. It's a shame, things were looking up.

Now you have to suck a woman's dick on demand to use FreeBSD, or else you're a mysoginist.

They love the CoC

*hug*

I never checked the repo but I assumed it was a fork since they released an updated version recently that still looks like the old one, I imagined it wasn't possible to keep compatibility with pre-bloat FF interface without rewriting part of the official FF code.

>Just watch out, cause they now want to push for an "equal" workspace

Oh the horror

>t. CoC sucker

I really get the feeling that you're actually angry about your operating system being completely irrelevant, and that's the reason why you made this thread. I'd really like to comfort you and offer you a virtual hug but, as per your own CoC, I'd like to formally ask you ahead of time for your consent to do this.

For now, I'll just post a funny tech-related anime joke picture, and hope it doesn't trigger you.

how big is it if you install it with xfce4 for example ?

Sony is just siphoning parts of the system to build their own proprietary platforms. As a end user operating system it's a joke, not even the developers use it, they work on it from a Mac.

Package management from the 70's, and now it's even gone full SJW with a fucking insane CoC which means crazy people can oust you out of the project for literally anything.

FreeBSD is a carcass being picked on by Apple and Sony

Forking, anyone?

It's not. It still doesn't support my GPU.

I will make the logo.

Use software for its technical merit. If the recent drama doesn't detract from its technical value in the long wrong, there's literally nothing to be concerned about.

Just use the best tool for the job and stop paying attention to petty organisational politics.

FreeBSD is only really used as a server OS.

It's not amazing. It's utter shit.

Honestly, the new CoC isn't going to see me jump ship. But like other devs and a large majority of users, I don't care for where the CoC originated. Whether FreeBSD the organisation likes it or not, it has made a political statement and drawn a line in the sand that many don't agree with, and it is going to hurt them. I, and many others I've spoken to, won't be donating until the CoC is completely re-written from the ground up in an apolitical manner.

Sure, we might not have the money behind our donations that big companies do. But our small group isn't the only one planning on with-holding donations.

Of the one hundred and one other places Core could have pulled bits and pieces for a new CoC, they pulled the bulk of it from one of the most toxic movements to have sprung up in the last few years, that infests every project and organisation it can dig its well manicured claws into. Even Core members came out and admitted they had to cut the more extreme parts of the Geek Feminism wiki CoC out to make it more palatable. And its still a load of horse shit.

Honestly, FreeBSD has been running for decades without the need for such a CoC, until a bunch of SJWs (and in particular Randi Harper) who provided minimal input to the project decided one was needed because they didn't like how they were being spoken to. There is a professional victim culture within the millennial generation in the United States and it stems from useless fucks being told they have value (even when they don't) and always get a participation trophy (even if they came in last).

Places that shit doesn't fly? The military. People dislike Linus' rants on the LKML because he's 'mean'. National Service is a thing in Finland. Linus did his. Soldiers learn to tune out the bullshit ranting and take on board the criticism and adjust themselves accordingly. Bubble-wrapped millennials can't. I served in the British army for five years. I'm from Ireland. I joined one of the last remaining Irish regiments of the British army. A regiment of foot guards, the Irish Guards. (you've seen em on TV/Youtube red coats, big bear skin hats, front line infantry). Our regiment is known throughout the British army (and rest of the world) as 'The Micks'. This would be like having a predominantly Mexican-American regiment known throughout the US army as 'The Spics'. Mick is a derogatory term for Irish.

I am still surprised to this day that we haven't had some group of 'professionally outraged on someone else's behalf' complain about our regiment being nicknamed 'The Micks'. Meanwhile, all of us who're actually 'Micks', and who served, and who called each other all manner of racial, religious and every other kind of slurs, just got on with our lives and had amazing times (except when getting shot at) when we were in the regiment.

Spic is Italian, you stupid Mick.

Wop is Italian you dumb fuck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spic

Even the Mick is smarter than you. Jesus Christ.

Quantum's pretty good tho.