Might be old, but its still sexier than anything solid state

Might be old, but its still sexier than anything solid state.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C3_-2fUm6y0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tubes are such a gay meme, I fell for it and sold it the day I got a 3 lb class D that didn't sound any worse.

Yeah. That's why I wire tubes into my amp for visual affect and keep them away from the audio paths.

There are a ton of manufacturers that actually do this. Look up what a starved plate design is.

>snake oil for lubricating user's golden vagina

is this from steins;gate

I'm not 100% convinced.

It's quite common to only use them in the power supply for some reason.

Pic related is the sexiest power-amp.

There's nothing like a cranked Marshall amp, cooking dome 12AX7s and EL34s, it's just THE SOUND OF ROCK.

But what if I prefer to listen to pebbles?

LMAO

Hear this.. I copied the url of that image and pasted in firefox search bar where I have yandex image search and yandex reverse image search, I accidentally clicked the normal image search not reverse and it gave me hundreds of pictures of preteen girls in bikini.

What sort of things are you keeping in that box, user?

WTF! Google search doesn't give me the same result. The question is what the guys at Yandex are doing.

Do whatever you like, I just stated why I like tubes.

I think for listening it's a meme but tube amps for heavy guitars are sooooo much better than solid state, just require more care and maintenance

Majority the pros you're listening to are using digital plugins on album recordings and solid state PA systems at live shows. Just because they endorse a particular piece of gear doesn't mean they actually use it as anything other than a prop.

Yuck

>I accidentally clicked the normal image search not reverse and it gave me hundreds of pictures of preteen girls in bikini.

You’re right they look pretty neat for display; if you’re trying to say they make for better audio circuitry then enjoy your noise distortion.

>implying the needs of a hobbyist are the same as those of a touring professional musician

Orpheus HE1 still comes with tube amp; this is all you need to know.

class D is gayest of all technology’s

I'd go tube, but only for this.
youtube.com/watch?v=C3_-2fUm6y0

Whilst 100% true, the OP point still stands.
Tubes are SEXY.
Tubes also sound like SHIT.

Solid State amp.
It only has tubes for the power supply.
Amplification is 100% solid state.

Who wants to look at their music?

I know, transistor, maintenance free, muh power, etc....
But still

Reminder that majority of the "tube sound" comes from having big ass iron power output transformer vs a switched or torroidal power section.