Humble future-proof jobs

I used to be a programmer, but now I suffer from mental health problems, I'm 25.
I can't do heavy mental tasks anymore I have to find an humble easy job to not be homeless.
I don't care how much it pays I just want something solid help please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Jt496eK8jk
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/11/when-working-from-home-doesnt-work/540660/
youtube.com/watch?v=4YYvBLAF4T8&t=729s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Repair shoes.

Easy jobs are the least future proof.
Just get your mental health stuff sorted out and get a proper job.

uber driver.

What about create websites? They're not hard at all to make. And with your background in programming, should be easy enough.

labourer

What problems? Become a sysadmin.

Bad idea.
Web dev is a shitty job with shitty pay and shitty customers.

fiver whore
amazon mechanical turk

Courier if you own a bicycle and live in a city. Even just delivering food.
When you have mental health issues this is the worst possible thing to do. You're responsible for someone else's computer.

This, it's not even remotely future-proof either. Pajeets have been doing our job for 1/10th the price for like a decade now, sure the end product is worse, much worse but normies don't care, 90% of the cunts I used to develop websites for would be better off with a Facebook page instead.

school janitor.
Hear me out - it won't become automated for a long, long time.
Why? Because le evil robots going to harm le innocent kids!

Parents won't tolerate robotic cleaners fucking around the school. Schools won't be able to afford it outside of very rich private schools.
Hospitals too could work due to the fact that hospitals are more in the past with IT than probably any other business outside of possibly finance (though finance is changing a lot) and military on very, very old systes but military would be a bad choice.

But will get shot.

I'm thinking of something like cooking, it's still a solid job right?

Retarded, nobody repairs shoes they just buy new ones
There's no cure
I already made some fiverr bots but it's not enough
I don't really know, if it's easy it means It won't pay the bills
Janitor is not future proof but I could do it for now, uber is just retarded

From all your complaining it's seem you don't really want a job that much

>uber is just retarded
My neighbor did it for a year and just handed people his own number after the runs. He started undercutting uber after a year and has like 100 clients now.

>robots are going to harm kids
More like the other way around, kids are fucking devils.

Ideally you do it in a country without gun crime as a daily worry...

user, no job is future proof. It's a case of "how long until I'm removed" and actually janitors for places that have the vulnerable (kids, etc) and aren't rich (public schools) aren't going to afford robots or accept them due to kids

That too, poor janitor robots are gonna get ass raped by the kids

What's your mental health issue like OP? If you could explain it a little maybe it would be easier for me and others to recommend something worthwhile. If you can't share it though, that's ok.

this

Ok go repairing shoes then and live under a bridge

Yeah maybe I was wrong, but I'm italian and live in a shithole city, so no uber for me

Is satan & god offering me help ok
I have heavy chronic insomnia everyday it hurts to live

Trust the trips of Satan!

>I have heavy chronic insomnia everyday it hurts to live

Same here. Cannabis helps with sleep but we are basically fucked since there's no cure.

>Yeah maybe I was wrong, but I'm italian and live in a shithole city, so no uber for me
I live in a worse shithole, if anything it's better Piero. More people are willing to pay you less in cash than paying uber more with a debit card.

I'm just dumb, a perfect job I wish for and suggest to you is a night shit cleaning a large office building alone.

Do construction, yes its fucking brutal but the pay is good

>I have heavy chronic insomnia everyday it hurts to live
I also suffered from lack of sleep for years. But I was able to self-manage it. You said you didn't always have this issue. What triggered this, do you know?

I've noticed that a lot of people with domain expertise from other fields are getting into programming. These people might be more attractive to employers because they have a more wide skill set.

Is there something else than programming that can be learned entirely online? Something programmers can learn to widen their skill set beyond programming?

Started when I was 19 without a reason, I tried meds for years but it didn't help, I am now trying to live with it, the first half of the day I feel like absolute shit I can't concentrate nor enjoy anything. The pain goes away after about 5 pm still having difficulties to concentrate and I'm starting to feel depressed because I'm losing everything I worked for in the last years and I pretty much have no future

I had insomnia too once but then i realised it was caused by a serious lack of magnesia. Maybe give that a shot.

Retake Constantinople

Tried melatonin, magnesium, vitamin d, vitamin b12, vitamin b5, ambien, trazodone, valerian root, blue blocking glasses, sleep igiene, healthy diet, exercising, waking up and going to sleep at the same hour, asmr
For years, nothing works, maybe crying helped me sometimes

Did you try the really strong sleeping pill that you can get from doctor's prescription that will knock you out for good? I heard of a coworker who used it, said it had sideeffects of drowsiness next day but doesn't seem as bad as your alternative.

No, my doctor didn't prescribe it. But I heard it's not an effective long term solution

you should abandon programming and take up a labouring job like filling potholes or delivering pizza.

Yeah that's the plan, I'm asking what labouring job would be solid I want a humble but stable life

>Retarded, nobody repairs shoes they just buy new ones
People repair high end shoes, and especially if they are gifts in some fashion.
Somebody hasn't been to proper social events, or watch 60 year olds bring their 20 year old leather boots to the shoe repair man for basic maintenance.
That said, the main problem is that its a small marked. For each 10.000-30.000 citizens, there might only be one person with that job.
And the person needs to do a lot of networking and fliers, otherwise you can't find said shoe repair person.

Best of luck recovering.

Have you tried gym? I was skeptical about it early on and it took a couple of attempts, but after forcing myself through the first 2-3 weeks it got much easier. Helped with sleep and general mood a fair bit, plus forced me to cook properly which is also pretty satisfying

Apply for disability. That's what all the deadbeat white trailer trash do when they don't feel like working.

It ain't gonna be a glamorous life but it's better than being homeless. You will want to pay attention to local politics though and make sure to hound your congressperson if there's any talk of cutting or eliminating your welfare. If you don't you might lose it.

Good luck with this shit op, whenever I'm sleep deprived (I fuck my sleep schedule/circadian clock regularly, alternating between sleeping during the day and sleeping during the nigh because neet) I feel like absolute shit, get grumpy and rage at anything.

>That's what all the deadbeat white trailer trash do when they don't feel like working.
>when is mostly niggers who do this but you are so subconsciously cuckolded in self-hate and wired to suck non-white dick you blame it on whites when niggers outnumber whites in this issue like 100000000000000 to 1

Needs more soy, boy.

If you have mental health issues you won't last in a kitchen

>t. white trailer trash welfare whore

This. I'm so sad it's true. Every now and then you can find a customer or business partner who is willing to sit down and take the time to discuss the use cases thoroughly, but it's increasingly rare.

I think a big part of it now is that every normie feels empowered to run some business enterprise or travel blog and has no clue wtf they actually want to do with it.

We also have the other side of the coin with an increasing number of shitty developers. Colleges are crapping them out at record rates, and the perception of quality in our art is dropping like a stone. There simply isn't any respect for the technology or quality anymore.

>Government works for your best interests and not their globalist pals.

The quicker it collapses the sooner it can be rebuilt minus kikes.

Prostitution.

>You will want to pay attention to local politics though and make sure to hound your congressperson if there's any talk of cutting or eliminating your welfare.
>If you don't you might lose it.
The absolute state of America

security guard is maximum comfy job, depending on the place. if you can get a nightshift at a hospital or warehouse or something of that sort, i'd venture to call that the best non-skilled job there is

I self currently working in the restaurant but now I'm gonna quit in about two weeks because it is very heavy and stressful job. That is why not many people are seeking job as cook in Sweden.

I DO NOT recommend to seek out those job if you have mental health problems.

Nursing. Requires education but it's not mentally taxing, will always be needed and it pays ok compared to low skilled jobs.

there's lot of positions in IT where brain damage is practically mandatory

you'll be fine

Yoga teacher
Personal trainer
Make knives
youtube.com/watch?v=8Jt496eK8jk
It is all that comes to my mind

>t. slavic scum

Become a mechanic or plumber or something

I'm an orthopedic surgeon, please tell me how your job is difficult.

tech savvy orthopedic surgeon? interesting

And aside from the colleges pumping out shit devs (who are worse than pajeets and generally only hired for diversity quotas), you have kode kamps churning out legions of retarded front-enders who call themselves "full stack" because they sort of know what a relational database is. And then there's the warped bullshit that DevOps has become as businesses used it as an excuse to dump SEs and NEs, leading to fucked up infrastructure that costs too much and is hilariously insecure because developers are cool with leaving giant gaping holes open and putting plaintext admin credentials in public repos.
I hate what this fucking industry has become. Fucking normies.

>implying that's even the worst of it

This is a shit industry churning out shit projects and forced innovation that just hurts consumers in the long run but consumers don't have any choice .

Only those without souls and just what the $$$ can stand working in this industry and even then the money won't last

>hurr durr robots is gunna take all de jobs :(
Can you retards stop falling for this reddit meme.
90% of people today work jobs that didn't exist 100 years ago.
90% of people 100 years ago worked jobs that didn't exist 300 years ago.
That's not even an exaggeration. Technology creates more jobs than it replaces and will continue to do so.

muh mental health

just grow up and be a fucking man

I worked in the ticket/service booth for commuter trains while studying. 98% of people use electronic tickets and google directions instead of asking me.
Got paid full hours for literally 2 hours of work a day while studying/watching anime the rest

I wish I majored in history

I w

Security guard.

Security robots are a joke, so the job is pretty future proof. It takes $100 to get your guard card, and any place will take you. It's especially nice if you want to be autistic and watch anime since you'll basically be sitting there for eight hours a night and do nothing during it. Just make sure you're doing it near some office park and not in a city, because there are crazies in cities.

Orthopedic is one of the bleeding edge branches in medicine.
Staying up to date with the latest tech is good thing, sadly my colleagues don't share this idea with me neither does the staff I work with.
In reality, the maintenance/repair guys are slobs, so I have to do their jobs.
One day the fluoroscope broke down and I had to repair it mid-operation.

Quality control in the aeronautical industry. You basically look at the same kind of parts all day and it's a job that's required by law to be performed by humans. Pretty sure you don't even need a college degree for it.

I wish I wasnt such an unhappy miserable person and followed my doctor dream
>no I'm too dumb
>no its impossible
Majored in worthless cs. Hated it the whole time. If I have to work with it is rather die.

Fuck me dude

I'm a fireplace installer. It's decently hardcore and I get paid well. Tough work though.

system administrator

/thread

>y're
this is already being automated or made /diy/ see, WiX

>followed my doctor dream
The grass isn't green here user.
>burned out
>over worked
>dangerous work condition
>no self satisfaction
the pay isn't good either, assume I'm not from burgerland.

if you can keep a good attitude and can afford having a lower wage try being a plumber/electrician/sheet metal apprentice that does new construction.
Few years later you are fit with a decent living and produce work you will be proud of.

That's pretty good! I wish people from other professions would share the sentiment.

It's better than not being employee at all and being a leach because you can't bare the thought of ever working in the only wretched industry your major qualifies you for

>I used to be a programmer, but now I suffer from mental health problems

You'll fit right in

Stop being a baby. You're going to be responsible for something at any job. Explaining why a computer's fucked up is easier than explaining why the health inspector's convulsing after eating your shit food. You're not going to get better by just fucking sitting around wallowing in self pity.

>being unable to understand anything he didn't experience personally so it's not real
What an ape

Maybe this, nice advice thanks

school teacher, just avoid high school

Why avoid hs?

Having to deal with retarded fellow teachers and horrible management every day is super stressful, + you get pushed a lot to give more "modern" classes and change a lot of things all the time.
source: mom has been teaching in primary for years

Having a job as programmer with a boss that has no clue of what I'm actually doing is a lot less stressful from my experience because I can just bullshit myself out of most situations.

Someone's gotta clean the damn floors, is everyone supposed to be a scientist or an artist? Menial jobs are necessary

It's more of a necessity but thanks.
Try blue collar stuff, to pay for my college I had to do several stuff.
From dish washing to dead body cleaning.

>Just get your mental health stuff sorted out
t. someone who has never had to deal with mental health issues.
You sound like the Cred Forums version of Chad saying
>Just get laid bro, quit being a pussy!

i'd say barkeeper, you get to meet a lot of interesting people and you'll inevitably improve your social skills a big deal.

if you don't want that security guard somewhere indoors is maximum comfy, just watch films/play games/browse chan all day

now that i come to think of it, some 24/7 support line would be great aswell, my brother used to work night shifts for an insurance hotline and he'd get maybe one call every two hours. this is a good job for you cuz you have insomnia anyways so you might aswell use the nights if you cant sleep. also depending on what country you're in (don't know the law in burgerland, probably shitty) you might get paid more if you work nightly.

I'm a fourth year apprentice electrician and I make $1100/week. It's canadian dollars, though. Still good money.

>$1100/week
That's about 800$/week, still pretty good.
I make about 7K a year.

I enjoyed the night shift security job for a while until all of my competent co-workers got replaced by black women. At night my city goes from liberal multicultural paradise to overwhelmingly black and poor, so you really can't rely on sheboons that lose their calm in an instant when you're dealing with armed druggies and hobos that shag in the fountains.

Can you drive? Become an Independent Contracting courier... or even Uber/Lyft..

Ever try high dose [1 gram] Niacin (Full Flush)? Helps many people with mental problems.

Why don't you tell me how your job is difficult? I mean, you cut things, with a knife. Wow.

>OP is mentally retarded
>tell him to work with kids

nice one

you are literally a bone carpenter fuck off

>That movie.
>Chooses a whore over a future.

Implying the retardation wouldn't help coping with the most annoying kiddos at OP's future workplace?

I'm fucking astounded at how fast this all happened. I graduated one semester (2015) after my bros and the job markets we experienced were very different despite the similar backgrounds.
The whole economy around bootcamps and from zero-to-programmer and its growth is insane.
I honestly don't think this industry can keep it up.

That movie was so stupid
I almost died when they namedropped howard zinn like that

Can you make me a doctor

Most labor jobs I've had, there was lots of useless drama. I'd advise against it. The pay is usually low too.

he will be working among his peers

get medicated and create your own operating system

if you were smart enough to program software for money, go for electrician. It's tech related, future proof and you get loaded if you are good.

Get medication and therapy no matter what you choose though.

I would assume its much easier. The work you grade would be so simple you could delegate it to a student volunteer thats a few grades higher. I had a few teachers that did that. Id imagine high school teachers need to put some degree of effort outside of the school day towards there job (grading, making assignments).

be less autistic then

Mathematics/Physics
Engineering
General higher education shit

Oops, misread the question

No

Get some eitzolam.
I assure you that you will be able to sleep.

dead as fuck since a good decade. The fact normies can create themeselves their own website via a specialized website hit the nail on the coffins (that's also why many new website nowaday just look the same).

What the fuck man, are you telling OP not to fix his mental issues?

Software companies have already realized outsourcing is more trouble than it's worth, and it's better to have employees that work at the office.

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/11/when-working-from-home-doesnt-work/540660/

>Satanbroughtafriend.jpeg

On the flipside, what's something hard that will guarantee me a job as soon as possible?

Best of luck with your medical struggles.
My take on your situation would be focusing outside what the average wageslave will accept in the way of duties. Jobs where you're on call 24/7, or need to pay intense attention for lengths of time without a break ect. It's amazing how little the average wagecuck will put up with.

On top of that just look for any work people here would refer to as autistic. This guy for instance, plays with locks and security and basically travels all over the world breaking into shit for a fee. As far as I'm concerned he won the employment game:
youtube.com/watch?v=4YYvBLAF4T8&t=729s

If all else fails come work for me as a flooring technician running a polisher like Will Hunting is doing in your post. Starting wage is $29 AUD/Hr

>cooking

literally drives people crazy, due to manual labor and stress during season

>you cut things, with a knife
It's a bone chisel.
The problems that comes with it from ungrateful bastards are a lot.
Not because I messed up but because the patient is unsatisfied with the operation.
>bone carpenter
You can fix wood but you can't fix bone.
Also in orthopedics you need to consider ligaments, tendons, nerves, etc.
If you think orthopedics is just about bones you are mistaken.
I can make you a witch doctor.

>literally drives people crazy
wut where
rest depends on where you cook

>nobody repairs shoes
t. poorfag that has never owned good shoes

Most long term cooks I've met are huge alcoholics and I've worked in many restaurants to know.

>Italian
Good luck, you won't find shit

Many mental issues can't be "fixed", idiot. They can be treated with therapy, but that doesn't mean they go away. It just means they become manageable.